Explain Your Name

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
So how did you come up with your ava's name?

Mine (John Teacher Capital) came from a slightly bizarre source.

When I researched this "game" before beginning it I noted the whole "real economy" concept. While making my ava, I wanted a name that conveyed (very slightly) the idea of economy and capitalism. Literature's front man for capitalism is John Galt. (Nope my real name's not John.)

Add the fact that I'm a martial arts teacher, and my ava is born.

So what about you guys? How did you create your ava's name? Deathifier seems easy to guess, and maybe Etopia, but Akoz? Skam? Muppis?

Everyone, give us the story behind your names.

Last edited:
Hi i'm Bart.. ingame Barto.. on EF Bartoke, i guess u get the point :p

(and no i'm not as boring as my name!!)

Hey there..

Frankie ryhmes with kranky (its friday ..... its crackerjack)..
Turner - Gf's surname (keep in with the missus!!)

FT

jak

:)

In game name: "je jak bam"

Well for starters, my name was messed up in the naming UI that MA had in 2003 :( It was suposed to be: "Jeremy jak BamBam" And MA will not fix it now. :(

So.....

Je, as it should have been Jeremy, but some friends call me the french nick Je. :) So "Je"

jak= Jeremy A. K. - My initials. :)

Bam, well BamBam, The flinstone chariciture. :D

Andromeda of the series watched all 5 seasons :D and Diablo for the game i played for 2 years at battle net :D

JohnCapital said:
So how did you come up with your ava's name?

Mine (John Teacher Capital) came from a slightly bizarre source.

When I researched this "game" before beginning it I noted the whole "real economy" concept. While making my ava, I wanted a name that conveyed (very slightly) the idea of economy and capitalism. Literature's front man for capitalism is John Galt. (Nope my real name's not John, it's Josh.)

Add the fact that I'm a martial arts teacher, and my ava is born.

So what about you guys? How did you create your ava's name? Deathifier seems easy to guess, and maybe Etopia, but Akoz? Skam? Muppis?

Everyone, give us the story behind your names.

ooo what martial arts do you teach?

In game name : Mighty Luu Buu
i wanted to become mighty
I put Luu and Buu together from dyansty warrirors and dragonball z :D

oh and the uber cool sig, its from a uber cool guy called Jorael

If I told you I would run a very serious risk of getting MS9ered for a breach of Rule #16. :wise:

Hugs,
Aliana

Reactions: jak
Wow, this is something no one has asked me since I started EU, but the name actually goes back with me all the way to the days of CTF for Quake online ages and ages ago... (something like 12 years now?)

Anyway, I was starting out in CTF and Team Fortress for Quake, my brother had gotten into it and he was recruiting all of the family men to help out in his team fighting efforts.

His name was BlackPlague and my eldest brother had opted for the name BlackKnight. Being quite new to the whole online game thing, I figured I would pick a name that stayed within the, what seemed at the time to be a, family theme and so Blacksomething-something was expected.

After a long and deliberated throught process, I decided that BlackRain would be my name. BlackRain of course being the rain-fall of death and destruction. My Kill-tag proclaimed to all... "watch the heavens, for when the rain falls black, death falls with it!"

Throughout all the years and all the games I have played and still play, the name has never changed.

As for the Leason McMillan part of my IGN in EU.... don't know, just came up with something out of the blue. The only thing even remotely close to my RL name is the M that starts the last name and a certain, although limited, Scottish family heritage.

Nitrosomonas : my overall nick, its a bacteria that does something with Na, i forgot what exactly :p got it in my biology class, in 5th grade.
Headcrab : yeah i just needed a nick and so i took headcrab from halflife thought i wouldnt show it to anyone anyway but then it automatically displayed your nick (back in the older days), regretted it a little
Imperius : comes from a race in morrowind really, and just is a nice last name ^^

Honor "The Salamander" Harrington

Main character from one of David Weber's Sci-Fi series. I highly recommend the series to any sci-fi fans out there - especially if you like space battles. If you're at all interested, I believe some of his books were at one time available for free download - maybe still are.

Luu said:
ooo what martial arts do you teach?

I teach a jujitsu class here in Las Vegas 3 nights/week. I love all martial arts in general. Been involved in it for a long time.

Jason Centech Tanner

Jason is my RL first name.
Centech is a name I've used forever on online forums. It's actually stolen from an old company that used to make 5 1/4" floppies long long ago. Thought it sounded cool and high tech.
Tanner, well, I needed a last name. :dunno:

Aliana said:
If I told you I would run a very serious risk of getting MS9ered for a breach of Rule #16. :wise:

Hugs,
Aliana

Tell me!!!! :tongue2:

I want to know :drool:

Aliana said:

Well it's a good thing our curiosity isn't peaked. :rolleyes:

C'mon, Aliana take your chances. I'm sure there's some way.

Or do I need to research Wikipedia or something?

Donald Cleveland = my first and middle real life names. Boring, I know.

Sincerely,
Donald

Real name and Mora, Mora is a swedish company (I think) that manufactures knifes and some other stuff also. There is always text on the blade reading "Mora - Sweden". I remember when I had to come up a nickname for IRC use, I saw my pocket knife on the table. It wasn't mora but mora became my nick right after I saw the knife.

edit: usurper corrected me, Mora is the city where knives are made.

Last edited:
I am Legion.. Nuf said!

Snug "Snuggins" Willet

My younger brother is a game designer. About a year ago he was working on a little sci-fi rpg just for fun and to try out some ideas for level/item progression. He made some character names up to auto-fill during the character creation screens so he could skip through them quickly during testing. The name he made up for the "smuggler" class was "Snug Willet." I saw it when I testing the game for him. I thought it was just a brilliant name, and the nick-name "Snuggins" was an adaptation I made for using in FPS games because I liked the idea of being a cold-killer with such a cuddly-sounding name. Having a first/nick/last name format in EU was perfect. So yeah, just basically random name my brother made up. :silly2:

BoStheforce carlsson

BoS comes from old time when i played diablo11 had the clan Brother Off Steel and my name there was BoS-theforce so as i started this game whit no idea what i joined i used that name and my RLF last name Carlsson... but i prefer force...

//force ;)

Manon and Desgrieux are characters in a book from l Abbé Prevost
and HYperion from book of Dan Simmons:p

"Major" = Big/Enormous/Alot
"Rage" = Anger

Major Rage = Enormous Anger

I get pissed off alot but I keep it inside of me untill the proper situation appears, then... Well MAJOR RAGE!

(But some think Major is meant to be the rank "Major" in the military, but that I did not intend at all actually)

thewebbie

10 years ago I was doing web design for a small ISP and a co-worker started calling me that.. It stuck to this day.

JohnCapital said:
I teach a jujitsu class here in Las Vegas 3 nights/week. I love all martial arts in general. Been involved in it for a long time.

Me 2 , i been practising hap ki do for about 2-3 years, a gradings away from balck belt. i hope to learn other martial arts aswell

Ben "Rumsponge" Rumson

The nickname is obvious.
The rest of the name is from an old movie character.
Someone who I've always tried to pattern my own life after.

:laugh:

I donkt know how thing work, but i am Amanda and ris=lol.
:laugh:

Dan mrbajen dolme.

The Dan dolme part comes from an old and completely retarded swedish computer game named "dan dolme." Dolme is swedish slang for dick, and well.. here's a screenshot i found from the game. http://megadomain.addr.com/bilder/dandolme.jpg Nuff said :p

Mrbajen comes from the swedish soccerteams Hammarby if nickname "bajen". Thats me, im mrhammarby. :p

Gobb...during ava creation i kinda thought my ava reminded bout a goblin=P and a bit of "gubbe" :rolleyes: and first and last names are just other names with Gobb first=P Gobbert Gobbyson.... :silly: butnow i look more like a leprechaun=P
<-

Mora said:
Real name and Mora, Mora is a swedish company (I think) that manufactures knifes and some other stuff also. There is always text on the blade reading "Mora - Sweden". I remember when I had to come up a nickname for IRC use, I saw my pocket knife on the table. It wasn't mora but mora became my nick right after I saw the knife.

Mora is a town=P

That's very cool, Luu. Keep it up and enjoy.

It seems some of the most common sources of names are:

1: Real name and/or real nickname
2: Previous game name
3: Literary character
4: War/death/mayhem theme

But in truth, that does cover a very large set of topics.

Keep it up folks. I want to know where you came up with your names.

I started playing a common FPS game with the name "Arridex Tradreii".

In that game I had an avatar that was an animated corpse whose skin was pastey white and presumably very dry. For some reason that reminded me of anti-perspirant - white & pastey. So I played around with the spelling of "Arrid Extra Dry" deoderant until it looked plausibly like a real name.

If I had known that the 'nickname' was used more like a middle name, I would've been "Ari Dex Tradreii" instead of "Arridex Dex Tradreii".

Oh well. In-game I usually go around as 'Dex' anyway.

could prolly tell u where "skalman" comes from;)

Back