A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

• Yes, a separate continent for noobs / non depositors is a good idea!

Votes: 38 14.5%
  • No, I like living on the same continent as noobs / non depositors

Votes: 194 74.0%
  • I don't mind either way

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
Well, such a system of sorts already exists cos most of the noobs concentrate in certain areas, u see less of them the further u go from PA, how many of them are in CND???

If you have any experience whatsoever with playing "commercial" based mmorpgs you would know that most of them like this game are "free-to-play" but you would only be able to progress with your character skill wise and use certain items if you subscribed or paid-to-play.

A few have mentioned yes, they were attracted to this game because it was free to play and they heard they could make money. They are not making money from nothing, they are making money from those who have deposited.

Just in the real world some are born into money, some don´t..
Should we perhaps send everyone who don´t have rich parents to Africa?

If you have any experience whatsoever with playing "commercial" based mmorpgs you would know that most of them like this game are "free-to-play" but you would only be able to progress with your character skill wise and use certain items if you subscribed or paid-to-play.

A few have mentioned yes, they were attracted to this game because it was free to play and they heard they could make money. They are not making money from nothing, they are making money from those who have deposited.

Are u dumb or something? how do u think all depositers got to stay and starting deposit? they where lured bye getting a small amout of the people who already deposit.

All benefits from noobs getting free money. Couse that creates new depositors.

Who the hell is making money??? Noobs??? Not even the most uber crafters succeed to make any profit...let alone the poor noobs...
The least they can do is sweat, have a little luck and put all of their money back into the loot pool because I am sure that any amount they would get wouldnt worth withdrawing... so what exactly is your point?

last time i checked, this wasnt a "commercial" based mmorpg, this is somthin else, so theres nothin to compare.

so what? thats the whole point of the game! if you change somthing that pulls people into a game ur shooting urself in the foot lol. also look at it this way. even depositers that are makin money, are makin money off other depositors, so maybe they should get moved somewhere else too??

somewhere in that screwed up logic of yours, you must realise gen that even if all this were to be implemented, you personally would not benefit from this at all. u have "uberish" mobs in ur LA, so you're only getting depositers' money. don't worry, you are making all your money "legit" from big time depositors, so you have nothin to worry about :rolleyes:

time = money. freeloaders have plenty of time, while depositors don't have as much, but they have plenty of money to spread around. are you saying that a sweater shouldn't get paid for his work? i'd love to see you sweat for all your ME. you must have the highest rack of space/time-continuum miles in the game, coming back and forth from ur LA. pull a whole week worth of sweat, and THEN you have the right to try shift the noobs outta here.

i have thrown plenty of argumants on the table and i have yet to hear a reasonable defence for just one of them.

Not a good idea.

In order to turn non-depositors into depositors you have to let them experience the game. That means blending with experienced (depositors) players. Sure, a portion will remain a non-depositor for a while, maybe a year or longer, but if they stick around long enough they might deposit a bit. The new subscribers who want to try it without depositing won't make it imo, you had to start 4/5 years ago for that. Sooner or later they'll either leave or start to deposit.

Last but not least Gen, I respected you for working hard on making your LA a success. You are probably a bit dissapointed because its remote location makes that really hard. But by reading some of the replies from you in this topic you lost most of that respect. That's a shame, because building a reputation is a lot harder then destroying it.

Gen, I don't know in how many ways and levels I could disagree more :(

Along the thread I just became more and more sad and your attitude about handling this is 'somewhat' childish. It seems that you don't have any idea what the true value of a 1000 usd is and that only to gain access. It would scare people off, also the ubers of tomorrow, even more if they read about this attitude towards new players or non-depositors.
Luckely your opinion is not shared by most people or EU would die a quick and silent death.

A very strong point of EU is the freedom to do what you want and the interaction between pleople, that is something you absolutely do not want to undermine.

I hope this will give you more understanding, because it does affect how people look at you and that's not good if you try to live from your reputation (attract people to your LA).

gl,
Rap

I don't like this idea at all - for many ppl a "substantial" deposit is far lower than 1k USD.:rolleyes:

This would utterly change the dynamic of the game. And that would be a bad thing. PE should remain "free to play."

Exactly, I have been playing since Nov 05 and I have yet to reach that amount in deposits, far from it...

I think a tutorial are for newcomers to learn the controls and other aspects of the game is a good idea, one that I have suggested several times in the past.

The rest of the concept that non-depositers and small time depositers have no place playing with the "big boys" is just ridiculous.

Maybe we should lock up everyone that has deposited more than $1000 in a large padded cell...

Cheers :beerchug:

Along the thread I just became more and more sad and your attitude about handling this is 'somewhat' childish.

I agree.

The more u post here the more respect u lose imo. verry bad for ur investment.
why dont u just withdraw and find another place to invest ur money. ur not gonna get back ur losses, ur just makeing them bigger.

Last edited:
i am not here to make money im here to have fun playing a game (some see it as rl it is even billed as such but to me uts a game) something to help me relax after work. I used to play another online game that was seperated like this but to access the other side of the gate it cost me $5USD/month not $1000. that kind of money is better spent ensuring my children have clothes on thier back,food on the table and a roof over thier head.

An interesting discussion

I have to disagree with any segmentation, some of my best friends in EU have either not deposited or have deposited very little.

Whether a non-depositor has a right to withdraw $$$$ from the loot pool is really a non argument - loot a 23,000 ATH, then they just deposit $1000 and withdraw $24,000.

I think the posts throughout this thread may give some comfort the new players who are unsure as to whether they will deposit - there is plenty of support for them here.

I think it would be a very interesting (although it will never happen) statistic for MA to publish how many non-depositors have actually withdrawn peds from the game - maybe 50, who knows?????

I have no understanding at all for this non-depositer hate. Or should I call it racism? :mad:

We should all be a big happy family! :yay:

This has nothing to with racism.

If you want to get on a train and you don't have any money you're going to be refused on the train. If you want to board the train to get from A to B you would pay the standard fee and be provided a certain level of service. If you board the train to get from A to B and want a high level of service and comfort you pay for First Class.

The idea I have does not prevent you from ever boarding the train, it means you have to pay just like the latter two customers.

i know you are talking about trains but in my city all downtown bus service is free :) you pay if you go elsewhere, yes.

:whistle: > :whiner:

Samething over and over again, man everyone is allowed to play this game, how can you say that a train (where everyone must pay) is like EU ?

As long as someone worked to earn his money i don't care if they are taking depositer's money, this game is all about the work you put on it !

:whistle: > :whiner:

Samething over and over again, man everyone is allowed to play this game, how can you say that a train (where everyone must pay) is like EU ?

As long as someone worked to earn his money i don't care if they are taking depositer's money, this game is all about the work you put on it !

I think the similarity is quite clearly actually. A service is being provided to the public. Those who choose to pay for this service should be provided a better level of service than those who don't.

Withdrawals for non depositors in my opinion should 100% be prohibited.

This has nothing to with racism.

If you want to get on a train and you don't have any money you're going to be refused on the train. If you want to board the train to get from A to B you would pay the standard fee and be provided a certain level of service. If you board the train to get from A to B and want a high level of service and comfort you pay for First Class.

The idea I have does not prevent you from ever boarding the train, it means you have to pay just like the latter two customers.

Then imagine EU like a train with many departments for everyone: from poor, middle, to rich and that train will take you everywhere you want with the only exception that you can have more fun if you are in the rich people's department(the big depositors) rather than the poors one (noobs).
The rich and the poor meet and play cards, have fun, interract and enjoy everyone's company while the train owner makes money from the rich, middle depositors, and sometimes the poor noobs that get lucky at cards sometimes and buy a cheap whiskey(with the money won at cards from the rich ones ofc).
Happy?

I think the similarity is quite clearly actually. A service is being provided to the public. Those who choose to pay for this service should be provided a better level of service than those who don't.

Withdrawals for non depositors in my opinion should 100% be prohibited.

well the depositers get more money in form of loot then nonedepositers and also more operturnities for globals hofs aths.

and i dont mean proffit. becouse the can spend alot more time on the stuff that makes loot. and they afford more gear and ammo for example.

Why should MA spend money on people that don´t deposit when they can make the game better for all??

Why should MA spend money on people that don´t deposit when they can make the game better for all??

in the long run it makes the game better for all

The most stupid idea i have heard so far :rolleyes:

in the long run it makes the game better for all
I´ll rephrase my post. What i think would be good is a training ground for newbies as in that other game.

Nowadays i think alot of people quit if they can´t learn the basics in a good way.

But i don´t want MA to use their resources to make something extra just coz their newbies.

If I have to deposit 1k$ to play a game fully I will not even try it.

i may have the answer to your problem......how about all the pretentious snobs who put thier entire paycheck into the game are restricted to thier own LA's until they can prove they have a life.

why stop at separating the so called "non-depositers" from teh awesome "depositers"?

its clear the any person not depositing 100 usd/day is hurting the game and must be kept as far away as possible from the people who have class and generally better?

i have a better idea, why not just delete accounts of all who deposit less then 1k usd a year/month and be done with it?

so we all can be 100% only AWESOME quality people play, eh?

for those who dont get it, its SARCASM :p

i may have the answer to your problem......how about all the pretentious snobs who put thier entire paycheck into the game are restricted to thier own LA's until they can prove they have a life.

Why should they be the ones that are restricted - they are paying for the hardware, advertising, staff, Etc. required to run the company that produces the game or hang on a second, do they get all of that for FREE, I think you will find that that's paid for by the depositing community?

I kinda like this idea but in general I am against :)

This idea has good sides and bad sides. Some of the pro's I see would mean some nice people I know to suffer and as result probably leave EU. And I would rather have them arround. I wouldnt mind kicking some assholes back to this area.

But, IF, and only IF this were to happen, I would like to see depositers able to travel anywhere. We deposit thus should be able to roam freely..

This all sounds familiar to me.

Round them up and deport them to a remote area.
Seperation from the rest of the community becouse they are "no good"
Keep them prison and let them "rot"

I did see those idea's in the past before.
Actualy I did witnes the results of those idea's myself in RL.

You just make me sick with your very dangerous idea.
I enjoy PE very much becouse this sick crap was kept outside, until now that is.

I am a depositer, and over the years I deposited a fair amount but I sure dont want to be compared with your "class".

So keep away from me, and I will advice my friends to stay clear from you and your litle kingdom.

Back