VU9 agrea to lost your avatar seting if MA make caracter creation full feature ?

VU9 agrea to lost your avatar seting if MA make caracter creation full feature ?

• Yes

Votes: 101 53.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • Dont care

Votes: 59 31.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Etopia

Bitchtropian
Society
The Incredibles
ETOPIA
Problem is simple, MA probably wont be abel to keep our old avatar setting.

Would you agrea to lost your old avatar seting if MA alow you to use the avatar creation system with all feature enabled ?

Didn't they already say that you can only have the basic choices again?

If they enable all features, they're screwing the stylists / surgeons. If they don't, they're screwing every one who paid for avatar modifications.

No matter what, they're gonna be screwing someone.

Would you agrea to lost your old avatar seting if MA alow you to use the avatar creation system with all feature enabled ?

Uhhhhhh what?:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Translation. (for Whodi)

The question is simple.
MA won't be able to transfer your old avatar setting to your new avatar after the update to the new VU.

Would you be happy to lose all customisations on your old Avatar if MA set the Re-creation system up such that all features were available?

Poll Translation:

When VU9 arrives, would you be happy to lose all customisations you have, if MA allowed you the full range of options in the re-creation system?

(hope I Got this right for you Etopia) ;)

Last edited:
If it emproves gameplay and graphics a ton, a lost haircut is no biggie.

If it emproves gameplay and graphics a ton, a lost haircut is no biggie.

That's what i think, anyway IRL you just dont cut your hair once in a lifetime :D.

My advice would be...if you want a fancy expensive haircut or something hold on to your peds till cryengine 2 or risk loosing them.

I've learnt to just go with the flow when it involves EU.

So, here's me going with the flow and just letting MA do whatever the hell they want to do :).

I would totaly agree if MA allowed me to be able to enable my afro again instead of paying for one again... I don't see how this would be hard for them at all. They are making this VU all about the avatar creation process, why can't i keep settings that i have paid for.

Etopia, "agrea" = agree ?

if i understand you correctly you say, that you think it would be a good idea that MA gives you the possibility to recreate your avatar will all the options there are..

ofcourse (if this is the way you ment it) this will the best for all the players..
but not for MA, now everyone that would like, for example a afro-cut, would get one without paying lots of peds for it,..

so with other words, it would be stupid for MA, and sh*tty for barbers..

this doesnt take away that i like the idea to get full options for the avatar recreation ;)

cheers,

Not gonna happen.

1.st of all - MA would loose big
2.nd of all - Hairstylers would also loose a LOOOT

edit: nevermind, just ignor me

I suppose we will have to lose what we have in order for this to work. I will miss my hair style that I've had since day one though.

letem do whatever i takes to make the game better... to atract more ppl.

the hairstylists and body sculptures needs to live to :D

Translation. (for Whodi)

The question is simple.
MA won't be able to transfer your old avatar setting to your new avatar after the update to the new VU.

Would you be happy to lose all customisations on your old Avatar if MA set the Re-creation system up such that all features were available?

Poll Translation:

When VU9 arrives, would you be happy to lose all customisations you have, if MA allowed you the full range of options in the re-creation system?

You gained new rank in etopia translation skill

Now , for all of those that say "hair stilist , beutytien need money" ...
If you think that way , then , i agree(thanks for spelling corection) to have a limited creation system so hair stylist can make money , as long as evryone get , all clothe uncolored , and all down to chose in the 1 to 4 tailor clothe.
So tailor will make clothe , and colorer will color ...
As we are at it , since that VU will also change armor looks , i think we all should have choise between 1 to4 lvl armor , and go back to crafter get a new one.poor crafter need money.

Lets call VU 9.0 save beautitien , tailor , colorer and armor crafter ?

No thanks , evry change dont need to be an excuse for som player to make easy money.beautytien dont need any special help more than other profetion.

And imho , even with all option activate , i am sure , 1 week after VU , lots of "girl" will go at hair stylist to change a bit this or that....
People that think "girl" wont go to beautytien because VU give them full option is for sure not a girl and never had one...

Reactions: jak
many will also complain about the upgrade to cryengine2 that will not work on older video boards and that is another thing that cant be stopped and will cost ppl more money to upgrade than this little avatar look change.

many will also complain about the upgrade to cryengine2 that will not work on older video boards and that is another thing that cant be stopped and will cost ppl more money to upgrade than this little avatar look change.

Neither the change of clothe and armor.

I understand that MA can not save old avatar.
I just whant , when i will recreate my avatar for the VU , to be alowed to use all feature and seting of the system , and not the limited edition of avatar creation.

Why give an advantage to som choseen few (beautytien) from a situation that is allready very hurting for lots of people.

if you could create your avatar with all available features, it would be too much imo. the ones that didnt change their avatar will get a free makeover that would usually cost money. the ones that actually got their avatar changed will lose their changes so it would be slightly unfair for them, but if you think about it... the ones that got their avatar changed did it to look different. if everyone can recreate their avatar with full features it wont be that "exclusive" anymore, even tho the full features are available to pre VU avatars only.
so personally i think its ok to reset all the avatars. the ones that did changes to their avatar can probably afford it again + the results will hopefully get better. and with services like idos "10ped-insurance-for-50%-discount" it doesnt have to be that expensive. beauticians get the chance to skill even more and cheaper which will lead to more unlocks. (i wish i could say that about tailoring)

the fact that MA cant transfer the current customizations puts the changes to the beauty profession aside from the changes to tailoring and crafting.

so the changes regarding the avatar you can basicly get all or nothing. and imo its better with nothing to keep the beauty profession more exiting. or actually... to be 100% honest, i dont really care that much :laugh: both ways work for me. all im asking for is that MA makes this work without too many bugs.

Well its a kinda pointless vote cause it doesn't matter if we agree or not to whatever MA "can do/decided to do". It's not our call and I don't think there is anything to "influence" in this case if, plain and simple, MA do not have the skills to find a way of converting the models or cannot work out a neat way of allowing people with certain modifications or differences (from the latest avi creation default options) to still have them available for a recreation attempt.

It hasn't been stated in concrete fact anywhere though exactly what will happen so theres not a massive amount of point in speculating. The only thing we know for sure is that Marco said those who have customised their avatar by visiting a hairdresser etc in a non standard way like highlights are likely to loose those changes. It hasn't even been stated in exact words that we WILL loose all avatar settings... it just seems likely.

This said I will say that the possibility (not saying this will happen at all) of MA making a mess of the changes and then just washing their hands of complaints telling players to visit the stylists would be disgusting. If I were a hairstylist I would feel pretty shit about making money out of other peoples misfortunes with a bad vu change. Its the difference between cutting somones hair IRL cause they want it cut rather than cause they spilt paint on it!

If people end up with something they are unhappy with after the update don't see a stylist. Ask MA to re-enable avatar recreation on your next log in so you can have a second go. It's their problem if you are unhappy with what changes they have made and they shouldn't be expecting other players to fix it.

Just my feelings on the matter. In the mean time we may as well wait and see as there really is no point whatsoever in worrying till there is definitely something to worry about.

Wistrel

PS kudos to whoever it was who said he'd redo everyones hair at cost price if they are recent customers. Nice move on that one but I still say you shouldn't need to do this is MA do things right :D

Neither the change of clothe and armor.

I understand that MA can not save old avatar.
I just whant , when i will recreate my avatar for the VU , to be alowed to use all feature and seting of the system , and not the limited edition of avatar creation.

Why give an advantage to som choseen few (beautytien) from a situation that is allready very hurting for lots of people.

i would agree but that would also give an advantage to those who never modified their avatar or never got a haircut
MA could implement a feature for the ones that already used body modification to use all the new features of the upgrade but i don’t see that happening ....
But i do not agree on clothes color change ..... body modification can be used or not haircut is not that expensive but most players like to have nice colored clothes and there are enough that paid k of peds to color them and would not be fair.
How much a black with red master coat will loose in value if uncolored ?

just my oppinion ;)

the ones that actually got their avatar changed will lose their changes so it would be slightly unfair for them, but if you think about it... the ones that got their avatar changed did it to look different. if everyone can recreate their avatar with full features it wont be that "exclusive" anymore, even tho the full features are available to pre VU avatars only.

So what about people who say, have a particular hair style that was a default 3 years ago but is no longer available now? (instead its "unlockable" for stylists) Should those people, who have never visited a hairstylist or body crafter be penalised by MA's changes even though they never sought to be "different"?

So what about people who say, have a particular hair style that was a default 3 years ago but is no longer available now? (instead its "unlockable" for stylists) Should those people, who have never visited a hairstylist or body crafter be penalised by MA's changes even though they never sought to be "different"?

i would only assume that all the hairstyles are organized in the same was as before (the basic are still basic, and the unlockable are still unlockable with the same required skills).

i can imagine one of two scenarios. same hairstyles but with upgraded graphics, or a brand new set of hairstyles (i honestly dont think they would bother doing that).

i dont think they will change more than they have to, but you never know...

but if that was the case it would be very few compared to all the participants (maybe you even like the new styles), and in that case you might get lucky by creating a supportcase.

i just went once to a beautician for a haircut, but didn't do it, since all of them looked horrible with my hair color :D

i also didn't plan to have body changes nor plan that after the VU :D

i also used a more or less common color (actually red) when we had the first "recreation" (ah, and made the boobs a bit smaller, because i feared i fall over all the time), but since then i am pretty satisfied, even with the "standard" looks

i took a look at the new haircuts, and they look all kinda bad
but thats my opinion :D

however, the point was, i guess i would be happy with the standard looks, but having the option to browse all possibilities would be nice though

I've recently ended a big debate with suppurt regarding this issue, trying to get the point across that removing something from an avatar that has been paid for is totaly unacceptable.
Be it 1 ped or 10.000, wrong is wrong.

The sad thing is that there are no simple sulotion to the problem.
However you go about it, someone will loose.

If they do it the way they are planing, regular players will loose, and if they open up all mods the beautitians will loose.

But is't a poor comfort when you are about to loose 500+ ped in mods. :cry:

I hope VU9.0 is worth it....

The sad thing is that there are no simple sulotion to the problem.
However you go about it, someone will loose.

If they do it the way they are planing, regular players will loose, and if they open up all mods the beautitians will loose.

Can you explain me how beautitian will lose something ?
They wont gain the big cake... but (and thats a big butt) , its something they would not have gain if that avatar change was not planed , plus , since that VU will make avatar way more nice and way more customisable , it for sure a very very good things for their profetion.

Can you also explain me why beautitien should win money from other player nerf ?
it has been that way already when MA added the beautitien profetion.

I am sure that even the first week after vu and even if MA enable full feature , beautitien will be overloaded because people will whant to change this or that.
Girl that change hair style once a month are very comon now , and i dont think if hair looks more realistic girl will change their habit.

Also , since you agrea to have a limited system at recreation so beautitien can make more money , would you agrea to have a system where you chose clothe from lvl 1 to 4 and colored only with swedish noob color , so tailor and colorer can make money too ?

Translation. (for Whodi)

The question is simple.

Poll Translation:

Almost right I think ;)

MA already stated that they will give everybody option to re-create their Avatar after VU 9.0, so there is no point doing a poll about a matter-of-fact.

What I think Etopia meant is that you would have Avatar Modification Interface available all the time. This is not going to happen though, 'cos (as somebody already correctly mentioned above) that would screw-up all the plastic surgeon and hair stylist professions. Therefore this poll is only hypothetical.

OK, Etopia posted just before me, maybe I also did not get it :scratch2:

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, as I still sport the Small Row of Fat Spikes hairstyle offered to me at my "birth" cos I like it.

I would be very upset tho if my lovely black and white stripey trousers (pants) got bleached.

On balance tho, having seen the CryEngine in action, I'm very excited about the changes it will bring...

It might even make up for the Trousers.

So basically there'll be a VU fairly soon, some will love it, some will hate it. But by mid 2008 all will change again anyway...

Of course MA are in the business of making money, but I do get the impression that they are genuinely trying to improve the game.

Can you explain me how beautitian will lose something ?
They wont gain the big cake... but (and thats a big butt) , its something they would not have gain if that avatar change was not planed , plus , since that VU will make avatar way more nice and way more customisable , it for sure a very very good things for their profetion.

Can you also explain me why beautitien should win money from other player nerf ?
it has been that way already when MA added the beautitien profetion.

If you re-read my post you'll see i have already answered those questions.
If recreation is done with all optiona made available, beautitians will loose a lot of business oportunitys directly after VU9.0
On the other hand, if MA only go with the standard options, players who have invested peds will loose their investments.

Also , since you agrea to have a limited system at recreation so beautitien can make more money , would you agrea to have a system where you chose clothe from lvl 1 to 4 and colored only with swedish noob color , so tailor and colorer can make money too ?

Where did i write that i agreed to that?

:: Dream mode -enabled-

Imagine i would be able to create and design my own hairstyle shapes .. how cool is that ... and have more options to alter body like change seperate muscle groups etc...

:: Dream mode -disabled-

But seriously i dont like to see the comunity be nerfed like this and i would much rather suffer a one or two months dry period when everyone is happy with their looks after ava creation with full options than having the comunity take the fall and loose all their carefully chosen mods ... hey i was the one spending hours on making you what you are today it was hard work but it was also fun and im proud to see some of you walk around knowing i made you that way ...

... i guess now all of that will be lost unfortunatly and i symphatize with all those affected by the VU... I really want to help out and ease the transition costs between VU's so anyone: no matter if my customer or not, or even a pre 2005 avatar who was allowed a full set of options in ava creation like myself, wants to preserve their look they might be interested in my "VU 9.0 - Beauty Insurance" thread. I hope you will like the idea and it might reduce the cost of getting your custom mods back.

Ido

For those who havent get the point :
1) MA will probably wont be abel to save hour old avatar ,so we will have to recreate our avatar.

2) if we have to reacreate avatar we will have a limited avatar creation system.

3) i ask the avatar creation system to not be limited when we will reacrete our avatar. this would be a 1 time full option.and only usuable for people with "old" avatar system.

But seriously i dont like to see the comunity be nerfed like this and i would much rather suffer a one or two months dry period when everyone is happy with their looks after ava creation with full options than having the comunity take the fall and loose all their carefully chosen mods ... hey i was the one spending hours on making you what you are today it was hard work but it was also fun and im proud to see some of you walk around knowing i made you that way ...

Seriously , Ido , i dont think most people visiting your "shop" are new fresh noob unhappy with their avatar , but more "old" player that whant som tweaking , and i guess , mainly regular customer who like to change the way they looks.
I am pretty sure , even if the avatar creation is full feature for "recreate" avatar , you will have lots of works because those old player whant change this or that after seeing som other people , bug on clothe ...

Back