New auction Fee (VU 8.7)

Status
I like this change!

Was asking for this even before I got my shop...

Next step: Determinate the auction completely :wise:

It seems some people think auction fees get out of the game to MA.
Marco made a statement somewhere in the forum that the auction fee goes back into the lootpool.
This might even result in a slightly bigger average loot (what you will need to spend in the auction again).

Witte : resellers do not loose, the extra cost of the auction is substracted from the money you get AFTER SELLING it, so not sold = only 0.55 fee.
So they still can do these things, and even cheaper.
Dont think resellers are going to pay that extra from their profit.

Witte said:
I think the money that used to goto resellers (and withdrawn it) will goto MA instead now. This will benefit us real users allot, as income of MA will increase, so they will be able to offer better services, and the cost to play for us doesnt realy change, as it doesnt realy matter if we pay resellers or MA.

I have to agree. Without as many resellers there is a chance item prices will go down.

I just hope auction fees go to the lootpool.

I love the shop changes, I suspect shop prices will skyrocket!!

There is already a thread about this in the proper forum (Entropia Universe Economy).

Please try to keep these discussions in existing threads, otherwise it becomes very confusing to read.

:locked:

i did kinda wonder why there were 4 threads all in a row at the top of economy discussion...all about the same thing.

edit-And why was i just able to post this? Thought it was locked as per 711 ^^

nope, not locked yet. Maybe he is suffering the same technical problems we are now and then.

steffel said:
so it seems selling junk with low tt and low tt+ in auction is now cheaper. selling high tt stuff/high tt+ will cost alot more.

this will lead to: only junk in auctions, hardly any big batches of ores/enmat, better stuff sells on streets or shops = more hassle to find an item, market prices get mroe volatile due to the lack of reference prices for auction tracker sites.

glad i still can tt stuff without fee ... yet :)

I agree. This is going totally into the wrong direction. The auction - as far as I understood - should become a place to purchase high level items. Now it only makes sense to sell cheap crap there. This will make cheap stuff cheaper and expensive stuff even more expensive and harder to get.

I think this is worse than 1.000 resellers at a time. At leat there was a good overview in the auction and in peauction.com. I fear that this will now totally be lost.

Teranoz said:
Witte : resellers do not loose, the extra cost of the auction is substracted from the money you get AFTER SELLING it, so not sold = only 0.55 fee.

Really? I could not find it somewhere. Do you have a link or quote? Thx!

Its quite too early to judge a Vu. And i hope not too manny quit. Ive just withdrawed 11k peds one day bevore Vu.. bad timing huh ? :(

I think we will adapt as usual and this system will also have some advantages.
It demonopolize Auction as only serious sale platform and this means less controll instances logging the so called marked value. That means also less resellers and higher chance than ever to get a fantastic deal.

I also belive this monney will supply 1 or 2 Aths / month more as a part of it will go back in the cycle

So lets see what time tells. We have time until end of Eu to moan about it when it turn out bad. :)

Have i correctly understand that you pay 5% markup and max to 100 Ped whats equal to tt+2k+ when you sell the item. If not you pay only 5% of the markup from tt what you wanted as initial bid ?

MA certainly thought of them miners at CND too, storing their heavy weights with the auctioneer temporary ;)

its just mindark feeding the hole beside aucyion is all stupied now.. give us back old setup plz

Plain and simple for me, I pass the auction fee along to the customer.

How long before items start showing up on ebay again? Tick Tock
:(

Switch said:
MA certainly thought of them miners at CND too, storing their heavy weights with the auctioneer temporary ;)

Yes, that's what Marco stated in a discussion on this forum a few days ago...

Teranoz said:
It seems some people think auction fees get out of the game to MA.
Marco made a statement somewhere in the forum that the auction fee goes back into the lootpool.
This might even result in a slightly bigger average loot (what you will need to spend in the auction again).

Wrong... The fee gets deducted when you put stuff into auction directly with 5% of your markup (regressive yes but need big tt+ before that starts mattering lol) So even if the item doesnt sell you still pay the 0.5ped initial fee+5% of any markup you might add... So as the example said... opalo@+100=0.5ped+(5%*100)=5.5peds just for putting it in regardless if it sells or not... If you put in something @tt-value start and leave it open and it sells for +XXX then the 5% fee gets deducted once sale is completed.

So yes its probably a great way to eliminate some of the insane markupstuff thats put in auction by resellers/people fishing and hoping... My problem is mainly this... If i make OA-104 and put into auction @+55 (current market price) it now costs me approx +3.2peds/amp to sell it compared to 1ped before=im not a reseller nor am i trying for insane prices but still i get punished with a triple fee for selling my stuff?
And yes it might go back into "lootpool" but i seriously doubt itll make my crafting of amps 2ped+cheaper than before=i loose... Still too early to know how this will affect things but the "basic concept" atm seems not good for me personally atleast (basically every crafter/miner ingame i guess)... So feck auction and time to dust off some shopkeepers i guess... ;)

pragmatically this is what could happen

1. people start complaining about auction fees (me incl)
2. people will aviod using it for awhile and try shops/ streets
3. people will be lured back to auction due to its 24 hour availibility and convenience, despite the fee
4. market will adapt, Peauction, my2pec, pricefinder will start to record auction bids and they will be the new market rates
5. new prices on stuff (either due to inflation or deflation)
6. some players will leave, new players will enter
7. in 2 months time, every one will live with the new fee just like the 1 ped fee in the past
8. resellers/ manipulators come back to use auc
9. life goes on in EU
10. MA laughs their way to the bank

I think MA wants more player interaction, and the higher auction fee will help promote that. Now it will make it more appealing for miners and hunters to forge relationships with crafters, to sell their loots and ores directly. Similarly, crafters will prefer to sell their crafted items directly to the consumers. In the end I think this will make for a more exciting universe.

wake up

Havent u realized yet that the purpose with this VU and even the previev was 2 decrease the Value of Most things in EU especially the very expensive amps and guns. because PROBABLY if a majority of players would have sold all their ass expensive gear. Ma wouldnt even had substance 2 pay out IF all thoose players withdrew. A quick check on auction right after the VU prewiew told me at least there was a BIG decrease in especially amps. It dragged even other items down EG . ESIs . This was EXACTLY what MA wanted. By doing this VU and changes they most certainly will make a LOT of players quit. At a VERY unfortunate time for them cause IF they had been selling out a month or so agoo , my guess is they would have gotten around 30-40% MORE for their stuff and skills!!!!! WHERE does THOOSE PEDS ends Up now ;) I give u all ONE guess. SMART move MA. Swedish old saying " Den som gapar efter mycket , misters oftast hela stycket. Rugh translation . The one who try 2 Bite after TO much most often loose it ALL.

Sonya Heart said:
So we had open discussion on auctions.

What did they do, ignore everything said.

Ding.
You just gained MA Insight Skill.

Optima said:
And yes it might go back into "lootpool"....

Why should your profit be redirected into the lootpool? If you take the time and energy to secure suppliers, skill up to break even or make a few peds, why should you let MA cut into that margine by increasing the tax that you pay to sell an item?

So do you lose your PED if your auction item is unsold?

Just wondering, back when the auction fee was 1PED, I could stomach losing that if my item didn't sell (you did lose it, right?)

How about now? Do you lose your money if your 10k PED item doesn't sell?

Noggin said:
Just wondering, back when the auction fee was 1PED, I could stomach losing that if my item didn't sell (you did lose it, right?)

How about now? Do you lose your money if your 10k PED item doesn't sell?

yes, and i think thats half the idea. make high, speculative start bids too expensive to repeatedly relist. the other half being to get people out of the auction and trading with each other directly. there is a further secondary reason i suspect, that of stopping the practice of using the auction on CND as a proxy storage facility.

Thanks, although I must apologise, as I missed Optima explaining much the same thing! Don't know how I missed that one :)

Lets see. EU is a business and it need to make profit, so MA now earn 1000% or more from what they earn before from auction. It is just another way to take ours money to their pocket.

Now about resellers.
Do you think it will change anything ?
NO ! Reselling will be still in this game, but now MA will make more profit from reselling.

That is what i think about it.

CronZero said:
Lets see. EU is a business and it need to make profit, so MA now earn 1000% or more from what they earn before from auction. It is just another way to take ours money to their pocket.

MA makes money on decay on item usage. All other monies are transferred back into the Entropia economy.

Bye bye Entropia :(

...but wait!!! :eek:

how am I ever to sell all my stuff now???

to sell my 700+ items it will cost me around ~7k peds in auction fee!!!!

and thats only IF I sell them the first time and not have to replace them a couple of times. So make that over 10k peds to sell all my stuff :rolleyes:

Couldn't MA just keep their bloody fingers of our FREE market economy!?!?! :eek:

I dont mind MA taking a tax on sold items. But I really loath the idea of MA plucking my money by charging for unsold items!!!!

one word for this new VU

BLEH

wizz said:
Bye bye Entropia :(

...but wait!!! :eek:

how am I ever to sell all my stuff now???

to sell my 700+ items it will cost me around ~7k peds in auction fee!!!!

and thats only IF I sell them the first time and not have to replace them a couple of times. So make that over 10k peds to sell all my stuff :rolleyes:

Couldn't MA just keep their bloody fingers of our FREE market economy!?!?! :eek:

I dont mind MA taking a tax on sold items. But I really loath the idea of MA plucking my money by charging for unsold items!!!!

one word for this new VU

BLEH

So what part of Marco's post you didn't understand? :rolleyes:

711 said:
I think MA wants more player interaction, and the higher auction fee will help promote that. Now it will make it more appealing for miners and hunters to forge relationships with crafters, to sell their loots and ores directly. Similarly, crafters will prefer to sell their crafted items directly to the consumers. In the end I think this will make for a more exciting universe.
And a much less productive universe as well. If the hardcore miners and crafters spend the time "forging relationships" and selling directly, they will produce less overall. Once the relationships are forged between miners and crafters, yes it will not be nearly as time consuming for the miners (but they will not really be able to effectively extract top dollar for their ores, as they will have to give bulk discounts to save time), but for the mid level crafters who are not shop owners.. I pity the effect that these changes will have for them.

Marco|MindArk said:
MA makes money on decay on item usage. All other monies are transferred back into the Entropia economy.

Is that a percentage of the decay? Or all of it? I'm just trying to understand if repairable Melee weapons actually contribute to the loot pool or not?

Status
Back