How Can One Gain Regular Profit From Hunting?

eddric

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood
eddric massive slasher
Is there any way that one can survive in-game only by hunting(i mean if u are not uber). In the beginning, i think this is just about luck. I know that i am not happy when i do a 50-100 ped global(people will think i am sick), because i know if ı run out of luck, that money will fly away in 2 days time. Because i have to shoot very much and very fast to improve my skills. I have been playing the game for a month now, and i am not a crafter,not a tailor yet, so i dont have regular profit like them. If ı return home with 2 bad hunting expeditions in a day 30-40 ped flies away so easily...(damn that amp decay!!!)

I tried snables for a week to gain high marKup items like thin wool,animal hide, paint; but it bores me to death killing the snables all night man!!! I am sick of my job and my only solitary in this life (that's this game:yay: ) is becoming like a job because of these boring creatures. I make money 60-100 peds in 4 days always(2k animal hide and 250 thin wool make good money), but then loot is stuck in atrox and longu and i am back again to snables...

I had 4 worst ever atrox hunting expeditions by the way, each with 5k ammo,i cant believe i coluldn't profit because they were not youngs, they were huge man! i killed provs(atrox),guardians(atrax),mature,old,longu old,mature and received nothing... (BTW 55ped from drone06-at the same moment i see combibo mature 550ped on the screen-what would ya do???)

LIFE IS UNFAIR..............:mad:

From what I see the only real way to profit hunting is this:

Have really high evade/avoidance etc skills so your armor and fap decay is minimal.

Have solid armor so you don't need to fap till you kill a mob

Have a fast high powered gun so you can kill fast

Don't take on more than one mob at a time

Hunt mobs that loot very high markup items

And above all...pray:)

well, dont think the loot is just in the troxs and longus... lately i've been hunting almost nothing but trox and longus and have gotten squat back. Ma is obviously trying to meet their bottom line by the end of the years (sell of the malls, for example) and they're probably not getting what they estimated. I hope things turn around after the first of the year, because my soc mate and best bud in the game has decided he's gonna quit, and im starting to think I might as well. I'm not a rich man, and It really hurts when I drop too much money in this game and then have to struggle a bit in real life. I wish I could afford to be "uber", but just like in real life, the rich will get richer, and the poor get poorer. I guess EU is just like RL. I got enough financial problems in RL to have to suffer the ones in EU, so I'm feelin' your pain. If I dont see a change soon, I'm out. When i hit 2K in rifle, things really picked up for me. I was hittin' like 2 globals a day, but I've been on a long drought now and I'm beyond 3k, so I guess that 2 weeks was just a fluke. I was really hoping that wasn't the case, but it seems that way. For all those flamers out there, I want you to notice I'm not bitching or talking bad about MA. Just saying personally I can't afford this expensive game. Sure, I can play free if I want to sweat mindlessly all day long for a few measly peds, but if you want to play and have fun (and get something back) it just costs too much.

If things take a turn, you might see me around, but if they dont soon... who knows. I might be sellin' some skills. I definately wouldn't want everything i've invested to just go to waste, and I dont think theres much sense in trying to get any money out of MA. They way they have it set up, it's nearly impossible to withdrawl anyways. well I got that out of my system.

Peace and Love and happy holidays to all of you!!!!

Jeremy

i think this is getting worse and worse for all of us each day...

It is impossible to survive if u dont make a thousand ped global i say and i share the same dissappointment with you, with every every patch there comes a disadvantage to the game for the players(someone prove me wrong)

What profit has come to players? Always i hear from the old players that they r gonna quit. These people in real life thay have no money to invest into this game. What u say is really true. The rich becomes richer!! I am asking u all people hear me reply me and lets talk about this today!!!

I picked up a track last night and wrote down the globals: 4-5 different globals yesterday(have seen worse:scratch2: ) 1 cornundos young,1 combibo,2 snable(strange),3 cornuncauda(a classic-but early in the evening this time!;) ),8 umbranoid,20 atrox,25 longu,16 atrax,20 falx,.....creatures names which i have never seen before(uber loot atm s:D )

That is my point, high mobs give high loots...but cost a lot to kill...

Also, end of year is not the best time to hunt, MA may turn down the payouts, wait till Jan 1:)

Thanks For The Tİp Anyway...:)

Without reading it all - Think about it .. If there was a "regular way of profiting while hunting" MA would either be out of buisness (if it were TT profit) or the prices on the item you loot would drop since everyone would do it... so.. No there isent any single way of profiting on hunting.. What you have to do is to study the mobs, when certain things are dropped.. and hunt those mobs at those times.. sadly the stuff you want to loot is looted from high end mobs... so.. no there is no way of profiting :D (Every time)

No there isent any single way of profiting on hunting..

Maybe some of the ubers should comment this... (maybe Stormer, Stryker, ...).

Keep on skilling, get ur min dmg and HA up, buy an efficient gun/fap and u will make profit for sure!

Myself, im close to break even normally...

Cheers.

Hi guys,
There are a lot of loot discussions on the forum, some with nice tips how to minimize losses and sometimes maybe make some tiny profit. The tips are really helpfull to me. Anyways, to sum some up:

First, make sure you use the right weapons, armor, fap etc for your current skill level. Ofcourse it is nice to wear ghost-armor with plates, but not neccesary for, say, snables or even Exa's old alpha's.

Second, switch to your Opalo for the last HP's (to finish a mob off) saves you ammo(and Peds). I know it is MUCH fun to kill with just a single shot. I killed a lot of small mobs with my Marber Bravo +Amp. But then, burning 25 ammo's a shot, doing 200+ damage(Critical damage) on a daikiba young with no loot is not smart(still lol though).
Third, use a fap 5 to heal, switch to something bigger only in critical situations.
Fourth, don't try to take on too big a mobs all the time. Try to find the balance between your skill level and mob size, otherwise you burn to much ammo, decay to much armor and fap and risk getting killed without any loot at all.

And, try to look at EU in a different way: don't expect to make money in EU, while hunting, but expect to loose it. This is less frustrating. The only way to really make money is by trading with other players, not with MA.
And always remember that in RL things also cost a lot of money, try to make a profit while hunting in RL....

GL!

Maybe some of the ubers should comment this... (maybe Stormer, Stryker, ...).

Keep on skilling, get ur min dmg and HA up, buy an efficient gun/fap and u will make profit for sure!

Myself, im close to break even normally...

Cheers.

Stormer and Stryker have no right to talk about making profit. They invested thousands of $$ in this game. :laugh:

Some1 like Pham however already posted how he did it :silly2:

Hi,

Let's not forget why we are in this game; we play to have fun. I play to meet up with friends and chat. I play to go on hunts with friends, teach some new Soc members what to do (TP runs) and to get better with some skills a little at a time.:)

I do not play this game to make money or even try to break even. For every one person that breaks even or makes a profit, there are hundreds that lose money. This is the nature of gambling. If everyone won, then the house would be out of money and no more game.:(

If you deposit, and I do, just deposit what you can afford to loose. Think of it as going to the movies or filling your car with gasoline. Anything more would be foolish unless you are ready to take a huge loss on a risky gamble. There are those that say that without great risk there is no great gain. :wise:

To recap: 1. It's a game.
2. Gambling can become an addiction.
3. Don't gamble what you cannot bear to lose.

Happy New Year!:yay: May you all prosper and GO GLOBAL!!!

Sully

By focusing on long term gains, and cutting down all possible costs in all areas.

Although I've only been playing for 6 months it seems to me that loot goes in waves from area to area and from mob type to mob type.
So if you are getting no loots, go somewhere else or try a different mob.
And if you are getting good loot, kill everything until the loot stops.
I still make a loss, but I like to think it's less than it would otherwise be.

BTW don't do more than try out Crafting or Tailoring until you have read the threads on this Forum about how much investment is required.

I noticed something very interesting in your comments

Title:How Can One Gain Regular Profit From Hunting?

<SNIP> I am sick of my job and my only solitary in this life (that's this game:yay: ) is becoming like a job because of these boring creatures. <SNIP>

So, basically you want to be able to make money, but not have a job? :rolleyes: Not gonna happen IRL or ingame.

Now make sure you understand, there's a difference between a job you enjoy and one you don't. Michael Jordan had a job he liked. So does Stryker, or Etopia, or Aerosmith.

All these work(ed) their job as much as they can because they love(d) it.

You aren't going to make a professional income by having an amateur attitude.

And here's a hint: It's not MA's job to pay your bills.

there is a way to always profit with hunting.
It is however very boring.
I do it sometimes while I wait for my deposit to arrive. (using paynova)

the idea is as simple as effective.

You pick a low end mob, that kills with 4-7 shots with a weapon that does
15-25 damage.

You kill 10 mobs of a certain maturity , count the shots fired and then you have an estimate what it costs to kill it.

Now let's start making money. It doesnt matter what weapon you use. You simply need to know how much it costs to kill a mob with it.

Now this is what you do: you sweat the mob until you have enough sweat to cover the killcost + the decay of your armour.
And then you kill it.

If you get the infamous yellow line (mob has no loot) then you break even.
If it does have loot, then you profit.

for example combibo mature: 3 successfull sweat pulls of 6, 19 and 20= 45 sweat total

then i killed it:

weapon used m2725 me at 6 pecs per shot
armour used gnome/2a (decays less then 1 pec per hit)

sweat gathered: 45
killcost: 5 shots *6 =30 pecs
hits from mob 7= 7 pecs decay to armour
_____
8 pecs profit

-> note I did not loot the mob yet. Any loot the mob may have is pure profit.

make sure you use the right weapons, armor, fap etc for your current skill level. Ofcourse it is nice to wear ghost-armor with plates, but not neccesary for, say, snables or even Exa's old alpha's.
(The One Baan) said it best.. profitablity comes from first learning what it takes to stay even. You will never be able to show profitability from every hunting spree. The key is to have balanced gear in consideration of your skills and the mobs you hunt. If you can find a good balance and always break even then when you do hit a global you will see profit in what you do.

I'm just as guilty as anyone else when it comes to over doing it with gear and mobs that are way above my skill level. If you dont have the patients to go slow and do it the right way you will never be profitable (with out a HOF or ATH).

I did see that someone said its boring to go slow.. I once again agree.. but if it was easy to do it then MA wouldn't be around...

Right gear + Right mob = break even... everything else is up to you!

DOC

there is a way to always profit with hunting.
It is however very boring.
I do it sometimes while I wait for my deposit to arrive. (using paynova)

the idea is as simple as effective.

You pick a low end mob, that kills with 4-7 shots with a weapon that does
15-25 damage.

You kill 10 mobs of a certain maturity , count the shots fired and then you have an estimate what it costs to kill it.

Now let's start making money. It doesnt matter what weapon you use. You simply need to know how much it costs to kill a mob with it.

Now this is what you do: you sweat the mob until you have enough sweat to cover the killcost + the decay of your armour.
And then you kill it.

If you get the infamous yellow line (mob has no loot) then you break even.
If it does have loot, then you profit.

This is about the best advice that could be given on this subject. This is what I try to teach my desciples (1 in 10) listens.. If you are a new player trying to make it in this game without depositing... this is about the ONLY way you will ever be able to do it!

Very well put by the way!

*Rep

Good question Eddric........

28 Dec 06

It seems that you are from Dec in this game. That is quite recent and inexperienced to post an opinion on the profit one can make in EU. I just started as well. To be exact, today is my second day hunting. My skills are practically non existent and I nearly broke even.
Do you have a good mentor?

Here is a link in the same forum that might help you.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=413050#post413050

Let me know if it works for you.

Thor

Not sure about that. There was an ATH last nite. Granted it was in mining tho.
That is my point, high mobs give high loots...but cost a lot to kill...

Also, end of year is not the best time to hunt, MA may turn down the payouts, wait till Jan 1:)

I know that i am not happy when i do a 50-100 ped global(people will think i am sick), because i know if ı run out of luck, that money will fly away in 2 days time. . . . I have been playing the game for a month now, and i am not a crafter,not a tailor yet, so i dont have regular profit like them.

When i hit 2K in rifle, things really picked up for me. I was hittin' like 2 globals a day, but I've been on a long drought now and I'm beyond 3k, so I guess that 2 weeks was just a fluke.

I have been playing since June of this year. i haven't got a single solo global. i have only got 5 team globals. i hunt(ed) every single night for 2 to 4 hours. the globals i have got all are tiny. look at my acheivements to see what i got.

i am over 3k in rifle and working on getting seredipity. i hunt the right mobs, i just must have really bad luck. and you can't say it is based on deposits, i have put in over 500 US in the short time i have played. however, my avatar is worth more than that and not through trading.

i learned very quick i shouldn't ever count on a global getting me to break even since i don't get them anyway. however, i say i hunted. since the amp change vu i haven't got more than 75% of my ammo cost let alone my decay. i hunt the same beasts, similar setup, rotten loot.

i haven't hunted more than 5 times since the first week of the new vu. i don't mine or craft that much yet, so i am slowly selling everything in my inventory and buying new stuff until i figure out what the hell i am going to do. so, life is unfair. try never globaling at all, let alone 2 a day or only 100 ped.

Don't use armor.

Don't use a fap.

Use the rifle that you are most efficient with.

Kill the mob. Wait for your health to restore to full.

Repeat.

Its slow but your cost of operation is very low. Any loot means you are closer to profiting.

Sweat the ammo you need to kill a mob, and then kill it, takes a long ass time to hunt, but that's the only way to break even or make profit most of the time.

It's almost impossible to make money now, cause uber equipment pretty much stoopped dropping and that's how ubers got their moneys worth.

I have documented screenshots of me hunting drones E of JC. each run is 120ped ammo, breerm2a+102, shogun + 3b's, fap 5 + 50.

I have taken screenshots of before each run and after each run showing +-10ped each run with a global every 4th-5th run.

i have 10 runs screenshotted. But I have done this probably 30-50+ runs and I have profited thousands of ped.

MA doesnt care because its not them paying for it. infact I worked out when I was doing this with opalo+104's I was making MA about $20US a run and anything I made came from the lootpool so they dont lose.

It's absolutely possible to make profit continually and it doesnt even cost MA a cent... infact they make quite a tidy profit of it.

If MA profits from decay and increase in the loot pool shouldn't harm them that much. Guess they are greedy :D. Just think about it....it's the other players bullets that pay for your loot.

On the other hand....there is only one amount of money....if you gain 100PED that means someone else has lost them :/ .

I just had a thought on this. I know there's some places in the game where mobs can get "stuck" in a pit where the wall is too steep for them to climb out of. The few I remember seeing had merps, tantillions, and a few armax. It seems like it would be possible to stand over the side of the pit wall and then just shoot the monsters dead since they can't touch you, then jump in and collect the loot. No fap or armor decay. Has anyone tried this?

Hi,
I know there's some places in the game where mobs can get "stuck" in a pit where the wall is too steep for them to climb out of.[...] It seems like it would be possible to stand over the side of the pit wall and then just shoot the monsters dead since they can't touch you, then jump in and collect the loot. No fap or armor decay. Has anyone tried this?

Yes, and it doesn't work. A mob in a condition where it isn't able to reach you is marked as "stuck" and you'll not be able to damage it. You'll receive a yellow informing line trying it.

It is possible to shoot a mob that has quite a hard time reaching you, for instance it needs to climb up a steep hill. This works often.

But it's boring - I prefer to jump down & make hamburger of it using axe or sword ;-)

This would be like hunting snable youngs nekkid using 2x0 with 3K LB - doing this an hour you'll earn some PEC, for sure. But you'll lose your mental integrity, you might even catch a brain worm! Beware!

Have fun!

This is about the best advice that could be given on this subject. This is what I try to teach my desciples (1 in 10) listens.. If you are a new player trying to make it in this game without depositing... this is about the ONLY way you will ever be able to do it!

Very well put by the way!

*Rep

the only problem i see with this is that the smaller the mob, the less sweat they yield, so what mob is good for this technique? One that gives enough sweat to cover the costs. Usually when I hunt those smaller mobs, I dont even use armor. My evade is high enough to not even worry about, but I do like your idea and when Im low on RL funds, i'd be up for something like that.

I just had a thought on this. I know there's some places in the game where mobs can get "stuck" in a pit where the wall is too steep for them to climb out of. The few I remember seeing had merps, tantillions, and a few armax. It seems like it would be possible to stand over the side of the pit wall and then just shoot the monsters dead since they can't touch you, then jump in and collect the loot. No fap or armor decay. Has anyone tried this?

Lets not forget here that Mindark considers that an exploit, and will lock your account if you're caught doing it.

I have been hunting the same mobs for 2 days now - and with Lootius as my withness, I broke even. Still going strong.

I have Ghost armor with plates 3b
Eve-40
Valor (only using that one if Im out of ammo)
Fap 2350

I hunt the same mobs. I tt all that is not worth auctioning. And I put everything else on auction. I used to use an amp too - A104 - but I got better loot after I removed the amp.

This morning I got 6 guns in loot and loots above 2peds. And I ran out with +70 peds after repairing weapon and buying 7K ammo. Might be plane luck ... but my usually failore is, that I spend some of the money I loot on other stuff, like a crafting round, or another gun or for a little mining trip. And that is when my budget crashes.

Best of luck and may Lootius bless you.

Sweating the mobs first may help you profit but strictly speaking you are profiting from sweating, not hunting. Take the hunting part out altogether and you are still profiting, and probably by slightly more.

Back