Martial Arts 9%
Melee Combat 12%
Bravado 6%
Coolness 6%
Courage 4%
Dexterity 2%
Perception 2%
Serendipity 1%

Im gonna upload a screen to confirm this... or maybe you already know this and havent edited the skills, but you get AIM from using TT Power fist..

(...)

I guess its a no brainer to assume its gonna be tied with Brawler Hit

you have hit and dmg reversed, but anyway... are you sure you didn't shot that mob at all, for tagging or something...?

you have hit and dmg reversed, but anyway... are you sure you didn't shot that mob at all, for tagging or something...?

What he said.

I go out with a powerfist from time to time. I've never seen an aim gain.

One more test guys, please:)

Could you guys also get one of the higher skilled players to test if Quickness is the skill that fills up the remaining 2% in the Animal Tamer

Code:
Agility*20        2%
Intelligence*20   2%
Dexterity         10%
Computer          2%
Engineering       20%
Make Textile     ~40%
Tailoring        ~6%
Fashion Design   ~8%
Quality Sense    ~5%
Industrialist    ~4%

Resolved ~99% (remaining is Glamour presumably)

If you have any of the unlocks, or have reasonable skills in Make Clothes and Tailoring, and would like to contribute please let me know. Your skills and profession level is all I'll need. One or two of the percentages may be a bit high as I find it hard to believe an unlock such as Glamour contributes only 1% (although I admittedly don't know for a fact it contributes at all...)

There's a little doubt over the percentages with the ~ next to them, could do with more data to verify but if they're not right I think they are very close.

I have tracked down the problem with my tailoring to the percentage breakdown here - it is clearly ~0.1 levels overpredicted by the numbers above.

Will post a fresh set of skills along with a pro standing screenie later.

Current skillset on entropedia calculates to 10.03, but is clearly below level 10 (roughly ~ 9.9)

Last edited:
tailor_prostanding.jpg

Corresponding skillset freshly updated, available here

Chipping optimizer predicts 10.04

Hmmm. Cheers wiz. So we have something a little too high. Never liked that there was only 1% for Glamour anyway.

Looking at it I think knocking off just 1% from Make Textile sends it too far the other way.

One possibility would seem to be -1% for Make Textile and +2% for Tailoring?

That leaves nothing for Glamour (assuming stuff like FD, QS and Industrialist are right).

Hmmm. Cheers wiz. So we have something a little too high. Never liked that there was only 1% for Glamour anyway.

Looking at it I think knocking off just 1% from Make Textile sends it too far the other way.

That leaves nothing for Glamour (assuming stuff like FD, QS and Industrialist are right).

I will send you som more data soon...
Sadly it seems not much people help to figure out all that...

Is there a profesion scaner ?

Tailoring entire 2% off? I don't think that goes well with the chipping results for that skill... don't recall the chip sizes for this, but an entire 2% off seems a lot of an error to me.

Not sure about the exact pro standing displayed in the screenie (never really got the pixel counting thingie), but i've played around a bit with the numbers and i think one of the attributes should be -1%.

And if glamour doesn't contribute to Tailor, it's only influence would be on Colorer... and somehow i don't like that thought (Coloring Methodology is already a "solely Colorer" skill)

Tailoring entire 2% off? I don't think that goes well with the chipping results for that skill... don't recall the chip sizes for this, but an entire 2% off seems a lot of an error to me.

Not sure about the exact pro standing displayed in the screenie (never really got the pixel counting thingie), but i've played around a bit with the numbers and i think one of the attributes should be -1%.

And if glamour doesn't contribute to Tailor, it's only influence would be on Colorer... and somehow i don't like that thought (Coloring Methodology is already a "solely Colorer" skill)

i'm on a biz trip right now, but as soon as i'm back, next week, i'll try to revive the number-crunching application i made, and try to get new %'s with as many datasets i can get. so, in the meantime, if someone can post (or PM me) datasets, that'd be great.

So far i know any tailor with glamor , and no one confirmed 100% since last update in the systeme that glamor contibute in tayloring.

I can say industrialist for sure conribute to tailoring , since 2 friend have tested it.

I can say industrialist for sure conribute to tailoring , since 2 friend have tested it.

yeah, i can confirm that too, from the data sets i have received so far. it is already included in the optimizer at 4%, but this % is surely not exact.

in any case, the current %'s fail even for low profession levels, without high level unlockables, so the contribution from basic skills, or even attributes is definitely wrong.

Can you add to the skill scanner a prof stand scanner ?

Can you add to the skill scanner a prof stand scanner ?

well, it's not in the short term to-do list :)
i did include a profession calculator, so pro stands are displayed, but they are calculated, not scanned.

in any case, i believe that the old EUCompanion should still work to scan the professions window; and as a last resort, i've been pixel-counting manually the profession bars for ages :) (each full bar is 124 pixels width)

i've started number-crunching the Tailor profession.
i only have two complete data sets, so what i have done is:
- take the current %'s from chipping optimizer
- set a deviation of +-1 for the attributes, and +-2 for the skills
- set a precision of 0.01 or better in the pro standing

there are 20 solutions from 140,625 sets.
do we have any skill % fully confirmed from chipping, so we can narrow down these 20 solutions?
also, further data sets from other avatars would help definitely :)

out of curiosity, the 20 solutions are:

{1, 2, 10, 1, 22, 39, 4, 9}
{1, 2, 10, 4, 19, 39, 6, 10}
{1, 2, 11, 1, 21, 38, 6, 7}
{1, 2, 11, 4, 18, 38, 8, 8}
{1, 3, 9, 2, 21, 40, 7, 10}
{1, 3, 11, 2, 19, 39, 5, 8}
{1, 3, 12, 2, 18, 38, 7, 6}
{2, 1, 10, 4, 19, 39, 5, 10}
{2, 1, 11, 1, 21, 38, 5, 7}
{2, 1, 11, 4, 18, 38, 7, 8}
{2, 2, 9, 2, 21, 40, 6, 10}
{2, 2, 10, 2, 20, 39, 8, 8}
{2, 2, 11, 2, 19, 39, 4, 8}
{2, 2, 12, 2, 18, 38, 6, 6}
{2, 3, 10, 2, 18, 42, 5, 9}
{3, 1, 9, 2, 21, 40, 5, 10}
{3, 1, 10, 2, 20, 39, 7, 8}
{3, 1, 12, 2, 18, 38, 5, 6}
{3, 2, 9, 2, 19, 42, 8, 9}
{3, 2, 10, 2, 18, 42, 4, 9}

{Agi,Int,Dext,Comp,Eng,MakeTex,Tailoring,FashDes}

i got another data set from an ava with level ~26 in tailor. with current assumptions, there is only one set of %'s that matches:

{2, 2, 10, 2, 20, 39, 8, 8}

which is similar to current %'s but changing make textile from 40% to 39% and raising tailoring from 6% to 8%.

i think this was suggested earlier in this thread, but wizzsszz had some doubts about tailoring going as high as 8%.

well, if people could check these values against their own pro standings, that'd be great.

i'll change it in the chipping optimizer, because the current %'s are definitely wrong, so it won't hurt to try with the new set; this way, people can check more easily, using the optimizer or the skill scanner. just do a scan exactly when you change level in tailoring, and check the profession reported by the scanner.

Had the level 10 swirlie 2 days ago and immediately took a snapshot of my skills.

With the new values it comes out at exactly 10.00, so i guess the numbers are fine now (at least for me).
(although it would be no surprise if my skills were one of the sets you used to crunch the numbers :D )

The composition of my levels is quite different to those of "real" tailors which should make it more easy to exclude wrong sets, so im quite confident its correct now - keep up the good work!

Had the level 10 swirlie 2 days ago and immediately took a snapshot of my skills.

With the new values it comes out at exactly 10.00, so i guess the numbers are fine now (at least for me).
(although it would be no surprise if my skills were one of the sets you used to crunch the numbers :D )

The composition of my levels is quite different to those of "real" tailors which should make it more easy to exclude wrong sets, so im quite confident its correct now - keep up the good work!

yes, yours was one of the data sets i used.
i used data sets from pro standings around 10, 21 and 26.

it would be great to double check with people with one or both of the remaining skills unlocked. the good thing is that current %'s add up exactly to 100%, so they might be correct as they are now.

I just dropped in to consult the charts, to ponder some skill strategy, so i guess this is just a
"best thread in the whole frickin universe" bump :wtg:

Nice job with Tailor guys. Good to see that one finely sorted out (probably).

I've kept the 5% QS and 4% Industrialist we had before and so set Glamour to 0%. Is any of that is confirmed by your data jdegre?

Nice job with Tailor guys. Good to see that one finely sorted out (probably).

I've kept the 5% QS and 4% Industrialist we had before and so set Glamour to 0%. Is any of that is confirmed by your data jdegre?

not yet. if i receive data from an uber tailor, i'll post with a positive/negative confirmation.

obviously, if any of those uber-tailors want to check by themselves and enter their data in the chipping tool, please feel free, and report your findings! :)

Material Designer

last time i did a number crunching with this profession, i used a very small set of data, and also with low profession levels. now, i received more data from people with high profession levels, and the current %'s were quite off at those levels. so, i entered the new values into the number-crunching machine, and i found the following set of %'s (only 1 match from over 100 million sets tested):

(deleted %'s... wrong data)

i've entered this set into the chipping optimizer, so people can test if it works with their skills and prof. levels (it's easier to test if you check it immediately after gaining a whole new prof. level).

Last edited:
Cheers jdegre, I've updated that. I've put 5% Quality Sense in as an assumption, to fully resolve it.

Cheers jdegre, I've updated that. I've put 5% Quality Sense in as an assumption, to fully resolve it.

are we certain that quality sense contributes to material designer?

I guess so:

profession : Material designer (aply texture on the clothe , work same as colorer)

Skill :

Carpentry
Fashion design*
Texture patern matching
Material comprehension*
Coloring
Surface composition*
Quality sence*
Color Matching
Make textile (was name make clothe in past)
Tailoring

*Hiden skill.

i will post list for Material manufaturer a bit latter

I guess so:

damn :laugh:
in that case, i guess i have to go back to the drawing board... the ava that sent me the data had QS unlocked, and i did not enter it into the calculations :(

damn :laugh:
in that case, i guess i have to go back to the drawing board... the ava that sent me the data had QS unlocked, and i did not enter it into the calculations :(

ah, oops :D

If you're gonna spam to get your post count up, it might be best not to do it in a thread started by a moderator :laugh:

Shh, don't give em clues!

Fairly harmless this time though, he's just trying to get enough posts to be allowed to post links so he can post a Yugoslavian WoF vid.

ok, back from the drawing board :laugh: i just got new data, so i have found only 1 set of parameters matching all the data sets. i have tried around 700 million combination of parameters, so it looks promising, but the bad news is that all %'s don't add up to 100, but to 97.

Texture Pattern Matching: 40%
Coloring: 5%
Carpentry: 4%
Make Textile: 10%
Material Comprehension: 12%
Color Matching: 3%
Tailoring: 6%
Fashion Design: 6%
Surface Composition: 8%
Quality Sense: 3%

i've entered this set into the chipping optimizer, and i have edited the previous post so people is not misled by wrong data.

what to do with the remaining 3%? no idea. probably another skill involved? no clue... we need highly skilled material designers to pay attention to skill gains, i guess there is no other way.

OK jdegre, I've updated my listing too. Sounds plausible to me, possibly Glamour is waiting far down the line.

Back