Question: Disable vehicles in lootable PvP?

Disable vehicles in lootable PvP on Calypso?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
He can put in a request to get the folks at MA to actually start programming this thing the way it should be. Might be as simple as making a call to his Dad?

Yeah, but that's not the point of the thread:

In short, would you like to see vehicles disabled in these areas until the issues are solved by platform development?

No. Why? Two reasons:

1) Pyrite goes up. Damage enhancers goes up. People using them less. Less decay. Lower CLD's ROI.

Small remark: if you think, that higher MU for pyrite will make you rich - you think wrong. Higher MU - lesser crafting clicks - lesser respawn of pyrite - you will get more surrounding shit than pyrite.

I repeat - higher MU of resources - less you will get it.

See what latest re-balance made with duruilium and niksarium - what, you effin hit it alot? Result: WAY lesser clicks of lvl7s, lvl8s, apises - their price skyrocketed, everything slowed down. Maybe that was the target? Okay.

2) I afraid, that this "disabling" will not be properly tested, and we will get insane fuckups EVERYWHERE. Sorry, but this is just past experience of all "fixes". Tango reload exploit was fixed exactly in that way - let's simple don't allow to enter in vehicle while ANYTHING reloads. And that was totally changed my mining experience. In BAD direction. And not only my experience.

Last "fix" with zoom-in\zoom-out while getting globals\hofs - is it working as previous? No way. Previous effect was SMOOTH, fast transition, - not INSTANT switch as it is now.

Last "fix" of superfast backward movement - working as before? No. Now you able to jump in way larger distances.

Last "fix" of super-speed helicopter? Yay, now, when VTOL descending - it slow downs!

List can continue, it's just few examples. Seems like someone left company, who knew code well, and some new coder trying to fix fixes, same time trying to understand project.

I think, mostly "no" because of "2".

Listen to this one...well why dont just put pyrite in PA then?
Himi/moss too
All resources should be 101%
Are you one of those nib miners inside pvp4 walkin inside theyr pitbuls and just recall em after me burned close to 10 ped ammo in vain ?

Listen to this one...well why dont just put pyrite in PA then?
Himi/moss too
All resources should be 101%
Are you one of those nib miners inside pvp4 walkin inside theyr pitbuls and just recall em after me burned close to 10 ped ammo in vain ?

No, I am the one who never using pitbulls, so I have nothing to recall or hide in.

Are you one of those nib miners, who still don't see correlation between MU of resources and availability?

Are you one of those nib miners, who still don't see correlation between MU of resources and availability?

Are you supporting the change here or against it? I can't tell.

Pre-vehicles, moss/himi was much more common. The thing that kept the MU high was availability of the region, not the spawn rate.

I still find it funny that the most common complaint is that pkers will rule the roost again and all the miners will go home crying. I was a successful pvp4 miner long before i got into pking. I had low hp and agility, yet I profited very well in there relying on IRL skill to know when/where/how to mine it. The ones that would be at a loss with this change would only be the noobs that sit in pitbulls or vtols and think since they bought a toxic shot they are entitled to all the himi/moss/pyrite.

Are you supporting the change here or against it? I can't tell.

Not supporting, and not because I so obsessed with stupid pyrite. Read above why.

Pre-vehicles, moss/himi was much more common. The thing that kept the MU high was availability of the region, not the spawn rate.

Yeah, yeah. Now redulite and kanerium just "hiding" from miners, and hardly available.

I still find it funny that the most common complaint is that pkers will rule the roost again and all the miners will go home crying. I was a successful pvp4 miner long before i got into pking. I had low hp and agility, yet I profited very well in there relying on IRL skill to know when/where/how to mine it. The ones that would be at a loss with this change would only be the noobs that sit in pitbulls or vtols and think since they bought a toxic shot they are entitled to all the himi/moss/pyrite.

I was killed in pvp4 only once (w/o loot, just thought that idiot who near me understood that he will get nothing, but he tried as all pirates do nowadays), repeat - I don't need any pitbulls, any other stuff. Yes, I simply runaway, I don't have guns, PK-armors.

Yes, I suck in gear, "skills". But no one catch me yet. And even if situation get worse - and I will not be able to defend myself with use of my reaction, speed of vehicle and such stuff - no problem. I can survive without that pyrite.

Most what I afraid - that after "disabling" vehicles in PVP4, they will be "disabled" everywhere, in any time, or anything like that. And I mean current ugly development and testing. Read above?

Back to the the question at hand...

Would the change really only affect lootable pvp on Calypso, or other planets would be affected as well? (Namely RT, i'm not sure if others have lootable pvp)

Disabling "Recall All Vehicles"

Then, imho, it should only be disabled inside lootable pvp. *****

I forgot to mention I ment in PVP only cause that's what this thread is about? :p

5 Minute Timer for "Recall All Vehicles"

5 minutes seems a bit much (I have seen several people repair-and-destroy vehicles over and over when in PvP simply to decay them as much as possible)...*****.

Also forgot to mention that timer should be reset or inactive when your not in pvp.

Just some ideas I had.:cool: Thx for clarifying my post guys :)

Would the change really only affect lootable pvp on Calypso, or other planets would be affected as well? (Namely RT, i'm not sure if others have lootable pvp)

Depends on implementation, if they use a blanket ban of vehicles in lootable pvp then possibly yes, if it's by PP defined area then no.

The second option is preferable as it also means land owners could stop vehicles during their events as well as during landgrab and fort events.

If you want more people in pvp4(/pvp3), there are two other options:
- If someone gets killed, the looted gets to keep 50%. An incentive to take higher risks. (I guess some ubers will want to throw something hard at my head now, meaning it should be a substantial risk vs reward.)
- Reduce the cost of antitoxic shot from 5 ped to let's say 1 ped, or another price that makes it less pricy to return. (For good or bad it will probably cause the "ammo loot" to be reduced.)

If radar is disabled, maybe add the vehicle markers to people so a miner can see somehow someone else is close. Maybe make the marker non-symmetric: The more people you've killed in lootable pvp for let's say last 24 hours, the longer range your marker is visible from.

As most of you probably know the vehicle system has been plagued by many problems, many of which have severely affected the gameplay in the lootable pvp areas on Calypso.

In short, would you like to see vehicles disabled in these areas until the issues are solved by platform development?

Ofc need to disable vehicles in lootable pvp zones! (exept space)

Thing is that even disableing vehicle wont solve the problem in lootable pvp... There are few more realy bad exploits there - some players know how to become imortal and some players know to kill themself useing missions brokers. How about "no pk ammo" bug?...
I hope one day all major bugs in pvp zones will be solved... (before everyone stop playing)

Hulk

Verry good question.

How about going all the way and having TP chips and radar disabled as well? Plus maybe some added incentives to being in the area.

If you want to add incentives, PLEASE consider the impact for ALL the possible avatar roles in the pvp zone. The history of the pvp zone isn't an example of a balanced gamezone. I don't care much if you disable vehicles or not, as for now there's nothing worth hunting/mining in the pvp zone for, and even though pyrite has attractive markup it's not interesting for miner or mulmun/attackerbothunter because pk'rs will just take all loot from you (vehicles no longer in pvp as you suggest, or use of bugs that have troubled the pvp zones for years, or use of weapons that go beyond the radar like tango, ...)?

How about going all the way and having TP chips and radar disabled as well? Plus maybe some added incentives to being in the area.

That would kill pvp4 like pvp3 was killed...

I am sure that 75% of players whould like to play again in pvp zone like it was before - without vehicles, but with radar, tp chips. I think I dont need to say how many players was in pvp4 when it was made and years till vehicles came... It was real pvp...

Actually, no radar tilts the scales back a little towards the lesser skilled players after removing vehicles (probably why Hulk doesn't want it removed). With no radar a pk'er has to actually see you.

Actually, no radar tilts the scales back a little towards the lesser skilled players after removing vehicles (probably why Hulk doesn't want it removed). With no radar a pk'er has to actually see you.

Not exactly hard to follow behind the guy dropping explosives on the ground :laugh:

I am kind of mixed though on the radar thing. I think we can all agree that pvp3 is abandoned because it doesn't have shit in the way of MU that you cant get easier outside of pvp, let alone lootable pvp.

No radar means stealth on both sides is possible, radar and no vehicles means there is time to tp away but its easier to be seen.

All in all I don't care. Get rid of the vehicles and pvp4 gets better. On the plus side it will rid the forums of all the noobs bawwing because someone "stole" all their pedies in pvp4, and all the pointless threads trying to make lootable not lootable.

Not exactly hard to follow behind the guy dropping explosives on the ground :laugh:

Well you have to be fairly close to hear that I think. Unless maybe if you turn your volume way up...

Thing is that without radar noone will be hunting in pvp zone, few players will be mining... That WILL kill pvp. I am sure about that.
Now about lesser players - they already dead after MA removed "auto shoot" by clicking right mouse. Its all about gear, hp and yours PK skills... And removeing radar gonna kill pvp because lesser players will be like hyenas...They just run around looking for someone who is mining/hunting and soon it WILL be like in pvp3. 1 player is hunting there, mabie few mining :) And it is much much harder to FIND and kill miner (miners are in pk armor anyway), but without radar noone can hunt at all, because after first gobal hunt of ANY player will be ower (hyenas will try to run around and backstab u when low HP)...

A general problem I have with cryengine, is that the distance at which you see people depends on graphic settings.

In (and upto VU9), if a person was in radar range, you would see it - it was the radar range that was the "toggle".

In VU10 and cryengine it's the "item quality" settings. With safe mode the range is about 50m or so (to see someone else), with "medium" it's somewhere above 100m. And if you crank it up to medium, if you're on the ground the graphic card will start to render each and every grass straw, you can probably imagine the impact with a lesser graphic card. Practically this means that you need to switch between low/safe mode and mediun if you're going from hunting (=safe move) and going into a fort event or space (=medium).

If you still don't get what I mean, fly up to space station (outside), then switch between safe mode and (very) high, and notice the differnce what you see; other ship and CPSS/FOMA. Or go to oil rig, look down towards where the people usually is and do the same switch.

Personally I would have liked the switch at what distance you see objects to be tied to "viewing distance" rather than item quality, but it appears to be impossible.

But until it's fixed, it means that someone with a better graphic adapter (which you can't scan for ingame but it's not unlikely pk pros have nice graphic cards) have an advantage over someone who has a lesser graphic card, especially in areas with no radar. Someone who's in there for pk:ing can run straight ahead looking in the scope that's attached to a rifle, a miner (equipped with finder) can't to this, both practically (as it would drop the finder) and theoretically (as the pk:er probably just have to look ahead for people as he's running, but the miner is vulnerable from all directions while drilling at a claim or looking on finder which way to run - remember radar is off so you have no claim markers). And if a pk:er can spot the miner from 100m but the miner sees people first when they're at 50m range you could guess what it means.

As for the invulnerability bugs, it should be fixed. (I guess not only could miners use it, a "smart" pk:er could use the same thing to send out a "noob ava" to scout for targets in a safe way - send out the scout, stand next to miner, tell the position out-of-game, and pro pk:er lands next to miner with a huge rocket launcher.)

A general problem I have with cryengine, is that the distance at which you see people depends on graphic settings.

In (and upto VU9), if a person was in radar range, you would see it - it was the radar range that was the "toggle".

In VU10 and cryengine it's the "item quality" settings. With safe mode the range is about 50m or so (to see someone else), with "medium" it's somewhere above 100m. And if you crank it up to medium, if you're on the ground the graphic card will start to render each and every grass straw, you can probably imagine the impact with a lesser graphic card. Practically this means that you need to switch between low/safe mode and mediun if you're going from hunting (=safe move) and going into a fort event or space (=medium).

If you still don't get what I mean, fly up to space station (outside), then switch between safe mode and (very) high, and notice the differnce what you see; other ship and CPSS/FOMA. Or go to oil rig, look down towards where the people usually is and do the same switch.

Personally I would have liked the switch at what distance you see objects to be tied to "viewing distance" rather than item quality, but it appears to be impossible.

But until it's fixed, it means that someone with a better graphic adapter (which you can't scan for ingame but it's not unlikely pk pros have nice graphic cards) have an advantage over someone who has a lesser graphic card, especially in areas with no radar. Someone who's in there for pk:ing can run straight ahead looking in the scope that's attached to a rifle, a miner (equipped with finder) can't to this, both practically (as it would drop the finder) and theoretically (as the pk:er probably just have to look ahead for people as he's running, but the miner is vulnerable from all directions while drilling at a claim or looking on finder which way to run - remember radar is off so you have no claim markers). And if a pk:er can spot the miner from 100m but the miner sees people first when they're at 50m range you could guess what it means.

As for the invulnerability bugs, it should be fixed. (I guess not only could miners use it, a "smart" pk:er could use the same thing to send out a "noob ava" to scout for targets in a safe way - send out the scout, stand next to miner, tell the position out-of-game, and pro pk:er lands next to miner with a huge rocket launcher.)

That's basically the same as "it's not fair that some people can afford imp/mod fap" argument. That's just the way it is, if you can afford a better computer you have an advantage, same in fps games.

But, you can turn all settings down except avatar quality and you will be able to see avatars at distance and not bog your computer down with other stuff. Turning your resolution down also can help a lot.

Here's another tip: if you turn your graphics up enough, you will get brief lag when another avatar enters your radar, so you'll know someone is there. ;)

But mostly it's the vehicles that need to be fixed (and other things), not necessarily the radar.

Here's another tip: if you turn your graphics up enough, you will get brief lag when another avatar enters your radar, so you'll know someone is there. ;)

From my experience in PvP4 that brief lag spike is the moment you also die since somehow they get in and kill you before you even see them on radar.:dunce:

that silly quest that u can die instantly-remove that too.

Better would be that you wouldn't be able to get into lootable pvp with the dialogue box open (one way or another). Or that certain mission popups would be locked (buttons disabled and if you trigger it anyhow, for instance by closing window, nothing would happen) while inside lootable pvp.

Just disable that/those NPCs would mean a loss in the storyline. (In one location there is another NPC telling you not to push your luck when it comes to a certain NPC. And that location isn't close to lootable pvp.)

My general opinion is, if something needs to be nerfed because of something that's only applicable to lootable pvp, it's best to keep the nerf there.

Better would be that you wouldn't be able to get into lootable pvp with the dialogue box open (one way or another). Or that certain mission popups would be locked (buttons disabled and if you trigger it anyhow, for instance by closing window, nothing would happen) while inside lootable pvp.

Just disable that/those NPCs would mean a loss in the storyline. (In one location there is another NPC telling you not to push your luck when it comes to a certain NPC. And that location isn't close to lootable pvp.)

My general opinion is, if something needs to be nerfed because of something that's only applicable to lootable pvp, it's best to keep the nerf there.

just prevent the player from moving while that dialog is open would prevent any misuse of it. Storage, tt and the repair terminal lock the players position. Adding the same property while an NPC dialog is open shouldn't be difficult to implement.

just prevent the player from moving while that dialog is open would prevent any misuse of it. Storage, tt and the repair terminal lock the players position. Adding the same property while an NPC dialog is open shouldn't be difficult to implement.

Yes I know.

But I don't like a relatively recent change: Thay you can't equip while you have any terminal open like storage or repair terminal (but you can unequip!). (This is an annoyance if you want to put on some armor or clothes you got in storage).

Some years ago, there wasn't any problem to have crafting machine open, then open auctioneer and TT at the same time; whatever you needed. It was most useful in the (now gone) amethera servicestation style (in cities replaced with "trade centers") where the most importent terminals were just a few steps apart (and auctioneer in the middle of the room).

Or that motion is locked 20 seconds or so at revival after you get killed in space, or that after you landed with TP-chip there are a few seconds you can't do anything.

I just tried to suggest a solution with as little impact as possible - you don't want any bug making you get stuck in case a mission popup shows up while you're in the wild (there is one "iron mission" kind of chain that let's you move on to next stage without needing to visit the actual NPC, when you're done you get a popup asking you if you want to move on). But if it was possible to turn on "no movement" on the very NPCs that can cause instant death then it would be ok I guess.

A more techincally advanced solution would be that you were allowed a short movement with a NPC open, let's say 5m; but as soon as you left this range or you entered lootable pvp somehow window would close; and if you somehow was able to keep window open, if you tried to commit something (like moving something from inventory to storage while in space or using bank interface while running in pvp4) then it would automatically fail.

Last edited:
It's done, vehicles will be turned off in PvP4 as soon as the next content patch is released. Thanks for your help!

Nice, it seems like Ma readed my post :)

Wouldn't be cool if there could be different areas with different rules instead of a rule for all pvp zones?

To remove the vehicles could be an opportunity lost for who likes them... so why not pvp3 with vehicles and pvp4 without them.. or something like that?

Nice, it seems like Ma readed my post :)

so if there are bugs to vehicles all over calypso and they take as long as taming is taking to fix the reasons for this change we can all point the finger at you? :D

Status
Back