$15.00 a month?

I'm starting this post to move the conversation away from FPC/Franks post.

I also do not think you can play this game on $15.00. At some point exo's and pixie armor will get old. At $15.00 a month is pixie,opalo+A101 and large team "swunts" all this game can give me or someone?

I went hunting last night for 2 hrs and lost 20 $ "thought a movie and popcorn would have been time and money better spent:rolleyes:

It honestly all depends on how you spend your money. Some will burn through $15 dollars in hours, others will take there time and spread it out and maybe squeeze a bit of enjoyment out of it that those who burned it fast didn't get.

It all comes down to what is your goal in the game. Is it to be high level player or is it to dink around do a little trading, mining, hunting, crafting and go to parties? Really it becomes how the person wants to play.

I believe Frank was talking about hunting smart.

If you can't play smart, or can't afford to lose $15, don't go hunting big game without the bank roll or gear to do so.

His post is about starting at a low level and how to enjoy the game within the first month, which is EASILY doable for $15.

It's a free game. Of course you can play it for $15.

The more you pay, the quicker you can do more, but any amount at all can be used to build up an avatar, build up your returns and have a good time.

Hurrikane

You can't enjoy this game with only $15 a month.
What kind of platform do they believe they made?

I've already stated my opinion here.

You can't enjoy this game with only $15 a month.
What kind of platform do they believe they made?

I've already stated my opinion here.

No, YOU can't. There are many who have enjoyed it for years for less than that.

Not me btw, I pay what I can when I can:)

Hurrikane

Well you can play with no deposits at all.

You won't get anywhere though in terms of skills and gear unless you are either one of MAs chosen ones, or heavily take advantage of others by reselling or market manipulation.

Due to the vague nature of what can be called playing and having a good time you will always find some people that claim that its the best thing in the world just to gather sweat for 80 hours a month and make profit that way.

While for somebody that is trying to skill up and become a upper medium/high level hunter even 150 USD a month won't be enough to get anywhere within at least 3-5 years.

FPC shameful marketing strategy starts right where MA left off, no surprise since its done by the same incompetent people.
It is still painful to watch that they managed to utterly destroy what was a brilliant idea and a good basic concept, not only by poor design and balancing choices but by outrageous claims and just plain lies over and over again.

Last edited:
If I can play with making $0.00 deposits ever, I'm sure you can play on $15/month.

Think little bit, what you are saying is BS.

My friend is playing for some years, never deposited, and he is enjoying the game ( of course he is moaning about returns when he have bad streak ).
He have almost 80k TS and common equipment.

I hate how the games made for mainstream are easy, old games were very hard and real dedication was needed to finish them.
EU is a real challenge for real gamer ! Shame you are in the mainstream category and you are not able to play it even with bonus of 15$ a month >)

asson as u maxed the h400/p4a and got like 1-2k on ur card ull never have to depo again.. if u know how to play

It costs as little or as much as you want it too.

What you get in return is largely determined by the choices you make, plus or minus a degree of luck.

When just starting out, and not putting yourself on the fast track, $15.00 a month used wisely will give you plenty of active game time (entertainment). Only you can judge if that entertainment is worth $15.00 a month to you.

The faster you want to advance, the more it will cost. The most important skills for advancing on a low budget are patience and knowledge.

As for how much fun you get out of it, it's really up to you, regardless of how much you spend.

:beerchug:

Miles

A RL friend of me started playing about a year ago and he never deposited. Plays once in a while and enjoying the game, he makes a chalenge to get as good and far without depositing even never had a global but has about 10K skills by now and about 100 ped steady on ped card.

Spending loads of money dont means it's more fun.
Last week I went mining with 4 OA109's I had a 600 ped HOF but an overall huge loss. But what I didn't have was fun. :(
Last weekend I was in PA helping a new player for a couple of hours, I spend almost nothing, but I did have fun. :yay:

So can you play and have fun for 15$ a month? >> Definitely YES!

I am confused why everyone is talking about hunting....frank never mentioned a particular proffession just playing EU in general!!!

$15 a month can get you a long long long way....especially mining

Rgds

Ace

seems to me a lot of ppl think that the only way to have fun ingame is the way they are doing it, and if thats somewhat like me, its hunting a bit too big and generally loosing peds.
Thre are actually ppl who see this game as a challenge, and that challenge is to get as far as possible without depoing, or depoing as little as possible, if they manage to get a slow progress, thats what they are looking for, hence, thats the fun, for them....
one of the things about this game is that you are never "maxed", you can always get better in something, and if I understand lots of the posts here on Forum right, that is one of the best things with this game, there are still challenges after playing 6 months, np matter if youre a big spender or no depoer.
ofc, you will get a quicker progress ( usually) if you depo a lot of peds, you never will be maxed out anyway, so if youre in for on long term basis, and got the patience and interest, you can have a lot of fun with 15$ a month.

Just my :twocents:

S V :cool:

Well the original thread is intended to get information for a promotional campaign clearly geared at drawing away players from other MMO's that do charge a monthly fee. The other game (which is verboten to mention by name in these threads) permits players to have all the action they can handle in a month for a fee. Calypso won't be comparable to it in terms of graphics until the cryengine2 release. Likely the big boys figure they can get gamers attention with the stunning graphics. Since those folks are already paying 15 bucks a month why not try to entice them in this direction.

However all you can really say about spending $15/month compared to other games is that with Planet Calypso you can theoretically withdraw from your Entropia account the value of your skills/items/peds....theoretically. That and the graphics boost will work for some folks.

This game can be played with little or no deposits. The big difference will always be your limits on how much you can play. Chances are that the less you have the more likely you'll need to spend hours upon hours gathering sweat to get even just the most basic armor, weapons, tools and equipment. Then you can expect to be an auction zombie, a ruthlessly tightwad and a merchandising genius just to profit a few peds every day and hold on to your nest eggs.

There are a lot of people out there that will enjoy that aspect of the game as well. The rest of us would rather just keep hurling money into our avatar in a vain attempt to strike it rich and/or because we have a fear of boredom or a gambling addiction or both.

Last edited:
FPC shameful marketing strategy starts right where MA left off, no surprise since its done by the same incompetent people.
It is still painful to watch that they managed to utterly destroy what was a brilliant idea and a good basic concept, not only by poor design and balancing choices but by outrageous claims and just plain lies over and over again.

How are they lying? They are asking us to let them know what we think about the $15 a month issue. They will form a conclusion based on those replies, many of which say yes, you can play for $15 a day. If their marketing is incompetent and shameful what made you listen to it?
The player base is bigger, the game is bigger, most of us like it.... how is that "utterly destroyed"?
I can't stand people getting irate about stuff they obviously made up out of their own mind, sulking because things aren't going their way. Grow up or go play WoW.

Hurrikane

People who try to do too much too fast will always lose out. The game depends on the impatient to throw money at it and later moan about not getting returns and having lost that money (which is what feeds the lootpool for everyone else.)

This avatar didn't put a penny in for about 6 months and did just fine. Admittedly now I often chuck in a couple of hundred via deposits and lose it fast, but I suffer from the impatient bug too. But I never moan about it because it was my own choice to do that. No-one forced me.

I know many people who play smart, and slow, and never lose out.

$15 is a huge amount when u are brand new. As I said, this avatar had a whale of a time without depositing at all, until I took it over (when my sis gave it up) and as I don't play the sensible way, I am another loot pool feeder. No regrets.

How are they lying? They are asking us to let them know what we think about the $15 a month issue. They will form a conclusion based on those replies, many of which say yes, you can play for $15 a day. If their marketing is incompetent and shameful what made you listen to it?
The player base is bigger, the game is bigger, most of us like it.... how is that "utterly destroyed"?

I think what you are commenting on is mostly frustration, which I think alot of players feel. Yes a few people are saying its do'able to play and enjoy on $15 per month but just to throw it out there.... 800k created accounts and estimate about 10k-15k active players. That says to me 785,000 didn't think it was possible or value for money regarding $ for entertainment, they have done more than post an opinion on a forum, they have left and gone and played a differant game.

EU is too expensive. For example, to be a main team for the Semi-finals of wof this weekend you are going to need about 1000-1300ped of ammo and suck up about 400ped of decay.

Thats roughly $150 just to have the resources to take the field and hunt 3 hours.

Im not playing atm as I want to be sure to have the resources to help England as much as possible this weekend. Loot being so unpredictable im not willing to risk having a bad run and being left short.

Here is an example of crazy loot:

Leading up to Land Grab I was in the same situation, I wanted to be fully geared up for the event so I thought I would hunt lower level mobs as efficiently as possible. Im "close" to max blp rifle so I used an ml35+Dante (thats quite eco) and hunted mid longu. I didnt have ANY armour or fap decay as I can kill them before they reach me. Thats gotta be eco hunting.

-1200peds of ammo later + decay of gun and amp I was 500ped down :laugh:

I thought sod it, so hunted Falx, horrible armour and fap costs but after 600 ped of ammo made a profit of 700 ped incl decay costs :eyecrazy:

Try and find logic in that. (btw, this happens all the time, this is just an example)

I can't stand people getting irate about stuff they obviously made up out of their own mind, sulking because things aren't going their way. Grow up or go play WoW.

I would say with a ratio of 785k players who have left and 15k players active I would say the VAST majority have done exactly that and that suggests to me that there is a problem and no glossing over of that or calling people moaners is going to fix it. Its called having the blinkers on to an obvious problem.

Last edited:
Its big difference about how much of EU one is going to play.
Sure you can use 1% of whole offered MA product and service for free.
Even more eco - you can look link to download EU ewry day for free.
But if you want to use all what MA offer with their product and services instead of looking it only .... heh
Btw also in real life u dont have to pay trawell costs to first shop to shop owner or his employees ( free download ) and u can look items for sale for free ( non depositors ) but what you are doing there ( ah yes free chat with other customers, free feel smell of food - like sweating....) - try to buy something ( for free ) lol

I would say with a ratio of 785k players who have left and 15k players active I would say the VAST majority have done exactly that and that suggests to me that there is a problem and no glossing over of that or calling people moaners is going to fix it. Its called having the blinkers on to an obvious problem.

Is that accounts or downloads of EU? Also there is no calculating multiple accounts......lets face it there are plenty of multiple accounts and people who sign in from time to time maybe play a couple weeks and leave for XBox or something else until they come back.

I personally see new faces in EU everyday and I see new HOFs and ATHs from new people all the time. Some leave some stay and some leave but continually come back for whatever reason.

You can play EU for $15.00 a month if you have patience and pay attention. I had a stretch of non-depositing that lasted long enough to pay off some high balance CCs at one time. Nothing is impossible no matter how difficult it might seem.

There are certain levels of play in EU that just cost more and tend to be more fun. For myself I treat those times as rewards for doing the not so fun activities in EU and building my PED card. Sometimes my card grows quick and other times it just seems like I am on continual hold or can't seem to make a dime no matter what but I prepare myself for those times and I would hope to think most would as well.

I'm not saying there are no problems with EU because it has its faults and there is always room for improvement. EU is what you make of it and your getting your goals in-line with your budget and fun is part of the experience IMHO.

There is no A+B+C=D pattern to EU in growing your avatar. Its entirely up to each of us and how we choose to be entertained in the system MA and now FPC is developing. In PE I was limited to the amount I could deposit and I played everyday sometimes 8+hrs. With the sweat cap no fruit, dung, or stones it was harder to make your PED card stretch between deposits but I made it work and I think enterprising individuals starting out today or after CE2 will find a way to make it work as well.

I'd say it wasn't the best game for everyone to play.

It involves money, so all choices mean more. I know my choices aren't good (I hunt no-eco with insufficient skills for any of my equipment) but I don't blame EU because I know there are many ways to play and mine ain't the best for returns.

I know with no big spenders the WoF would be a very different event, but the event itself is trying to cater for all tastes; including those who can spend $500 in a weekend. The event is a celebration of excess among other things, and a bad example of regular expenditure (at least for Main Team members). This is a bit like real life; we can all drive fast now and then, but how many have the cash to take up motorsport properly? Not many. Even less can go on to drive F1 cars.

But just an account of any size can be that ropey honda civic with the bumpers hanging off that still puts a smile on your face when you take a slow-changing BMW at the traffic lights.

Those that leave couldn't handle it/couldn't handle their cash/saw a free download and glanced at it like a million others, not realising the depth of commitment required. Cheap thrills are here, but not in abundance like the "Master it in under a year" competitors.

We don't need countless millions for this game to do well, look how it's grown in turnover since the beginning. The people who stay are an example of natural selection.

Hurrikane

Maybe you should check the churn rate of other games as well. The majority of MMO's that have come out since PE started are dead now. We've done this thread a hundred times now. Some people can play this game for free, forever, and do very well, most can't.

I think there are some good points about playbase numbers, and those who decided not to stay made here...but, I can't help wondering how many who have left waaaay back will either return to try CE when it's running, or simply couldn't handle the bugs and lag etc ?

It's well possible to survive on a budget of 1 dollar a day IRL, many people sadly have to do that...but no-one enjoys it. I think it's the same in EU, possible but not desirable. A little like a guy eatig rice on his dollar a day food budget while all around him people are scoffing steaks.

EU is mainly entertainment, so scraping by isn't the object of the excercise really..and 15 dollars a month would definitely be a low budget for most folk...I can't begin to imagine anyone crafting on that budget either so the profession seems important in this too?

The eco weapons are mainly (L) now too...so once yours dies you have the cost of that to consider...I haven't seen a weapon yet that lasts a month, or anything decent that I can buy and feed with ammo for 15 dollars a month.
This takes no armour or FAP purchases or decay into consideration either, a lot of armour isn't (L) yet happily, but FAPs are going that way meaning a bigger inital outlay before you do anything and less ammo peds meaning less loot possibility.

I know people who pass their time in EU happily without depositing a cent, but there comes a time when they reach a plateau building up their ava and find it hard to go higher. 15 dollars a month just delays that happening IMO...you'll still need to invest a lot more if you want to progress at some point. Or be very lucky with loot. :laugh:

t

I'm quite sure that is is indeed possible to play this game spending only $15 a month, however, I would not be able to hunt, mine or craft at that level. I need entertainment. There's plenty of boring stuff I can do IRL which will actually make money instead of wasting them.

Back