$15.00 a month?

Nonsense…most this so called moaning of advice are simple self serving schemes and cries for more loot… or it’s to hard for me… to get loot…. to get more loot… to get bigger loot… Please MA make it easier me to get more loot and I promise I’ll be so happy… I won’t quit… and you won’t have to listen to me whine… brought on by those who are failing to master this universe… they should be strongly challenged for their accuracy, their intent… and thier wimpiness in shifting responsibility of their failures to some aspect of a EU scenario that others have been very successful in... while theyre not…

I personally think things are to easy at the upper levels and should be made progressively harder to reflect skills...such as eliminating auto aim at level 25...automatic shift to first person when armed at level 30... no radar when armed level 50...etc etc etc... which I will be passing on to MA in as positve ways to improve the game play... :laugh:

Like I have said before, if you have a ounce of thought in your head and look at the negative posts you should be able to consider that these people with harsh comments are not looking for what you suggest, they are pissed off because they have played an online game shooting monsters and lost a shit load of money in the process.

I say MA should have a system to prevent this happening.... its not in place and I believe that saying a game is free to play and basically throwing players in with no guidelines or rule book as irresponsible on MAs part and they should, as a respecable company, prevent major loses as its also in their interests as the playerbase would be happier and be more active. To simply allow people to lose horrific sums of money and say its dynamic is an insult and shows how little thought MA have put into how the Universe works. It certainly isnt designed as it is to have a large vibrant population for the average gamer as it is now, it seems more targeted to how much can we extract from each account before they get fed up and leave. Thats not a good long term business plan at all.

as for your 2nd point... what would be the point of skilling up then :scratch2:

...saying a game is free to play and basically throwing players in with no guidelines or rule book as irresponsible on MAs part and they should, as a respecable company, prevent major loses as its also in their interests as the playerbase would be happier and be more active. To simply allow people to lose horrific sums of money and say its dynamic is an insult and shows how little thought MA have put into how the Universe works. It certainly isnt designed as it is to have a large vibrant population for the average gamer as it is now, it seems more targeted to how much can we extract from each account before they get fed up and leave. Thats not a good long term business plan at all...

I couldn't agree more, mate.

I'd give you a + Rep but I gotta spread it around some more!

Brooklyn,

Im prepared to take opinions on hunting loot systems but not from somebody whos last registered global was:

SnarkSnot Guardian 97 PED Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:27

from that it seems you think that hunting isnt worth doing? Right?

Couple of years ago I got angry with all the people who said it was impossible to start from 0 to become good.

So I sold out everything, withdrew everything I had except 100 ped.
So I had 100 ped and 0 in all skills. 1 year later (6500 hours playtime~) I had archived over a thousand globals/hofs and I had total skills worth over 100k ped.

Dont say this game is impossible to play without depositing much.
Its just not meant for Noobs.

Yet you dont seem to play now.... and when you were skilled you decided to give that up and try unskilled.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious but if you were making so much cash why stop playing? :scratch2:

I dont think $15 a month works in this game unless the game is "bought" first with $50, and then $15 a month from then on as JimmyB posted here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1941584-post47.html

Of course you can survive on $15 a month but unless you want to spend a LOT of time :sweat: (which lets face it, very few of the WOW crowd will be attracted by) the deposit wont last long with how loot works currently.

This is assuming you come to this game brand new, looking for a MMORPG to play and not as a trader type - buying low and selling higher isnt what MMORPG's are typically about.

I've seen enough newbies deposit $20 over the years only to lose it within a few days shooting Daikiba at Swamp Camp and then leave for good to form the above opinion.

..they are pissed off because they have played an online game shooting monsters and lost a shit load of money in the process.

I say MA should have a system to prevent this happening....

Please show me how you can lose more than you deposit. :scratch2:

The only way to lose a ton of money in EU is to deposit a ton of money. On the other hand, some people enjoy spending recklessly and you want MA to prevent it :scratch2:

In most any other game, all the money you 'deposit' is lost, regardless. EU actually has a built in mechanism for extracting money from the game, and anyone who has lost 'a ton' of money should easily have skills enough to sell and recover some portion of it.

People are pissed because they regret the decisions they made, or because their expectations don't mesh with reality. That's life, plain and simple, played out on virtual stage.

:beerchug:

Miles

I don't think you have any idea how much time the WOW crowd spends doing repetitive tasks. The latest expansion was beaten in a week to a month for the good guilds the rest is just grinding for faction/gear/gold which can be upwards of 8-12 hours a day for some people. As far as levels go, without depositing I was able to team hunt up to falx, chomper, and spiders with my soc. Solo, I rarely go much above what I'm comfortable at, but certainly the popular mobs, atrox, ambu, etc after the regen changes were all doable.

You are correct that the most popular MMO is popular because it is easy, most people playing MMO's nowadays are looking for an easy game. The tougher games are less populated, but better IMO. Vgcats latest comic says it well. I don't expect most people to do well at this game without depositing, to do so is a challenge. Challenges are what make games worth playing to me.

Im putting my opinion across in a general point of view, I have seen so many people leave this game because of horrible loses its discusting to rethink. If people still believe the way forward is "its a smart way of playing" then the result is obvious, 10-15k active players now after 5-7 years is a terrible number and if that thinking worked it would be far more, the long term future means less players and bye bye EU.

MA, stop asking for guides on how to play the game for $15 a month and try building a system on HOW the Average player can actually realistically survive on $15 a month and have fun.... because you havent got that yet.

Last edited:
I have to add, that I don't disagree at all with you Tekkie with respect to the necessity of new content. It can be done, I have fun with the game, but I'd love to have more to do as well. subscription games do have one advantage, there are a lot of people that continue to pay the $10-15 bucks a month even if they don't play at all. A good friend of mine saved himself over $100 a month when his CC # got stolen so he had to close it down and his game accounts stopped renewing. The turnover is definitely high in this game, but I don't really have any idea how many players are on at a given time, and most games haven't published those numbers for 5 years or more.

I am looking forward to the planet partners as well, I hate to sound like a fanboi but I've seen many, many games die, some good, some really, really bad. I just don't see this one heading for death in that manner. There are a lot of good ideas out there, it takes a long time to implement them though.

It kinda adds up to me as maybe possible but not many players will come through like you claim to have done and will leave again shortly after trying it out.... I don't think its a realistic sum of cash to play this game in its current form.

Scary thing is MA need to bring in 4-5 times the number of players if we are to have 4-5 planets....... otherwise its going to be mighty quiet in the towns out there :(

I think Tekkie hit the nail here. Many of us on this forum have been playing long enough to roughly know how much it is going to cost us to play per month to the level we are accustomed or comfortable with. We have all likely experimented over the years with eco-strategies, and weighed the trade-offs and compromises that come with them. Many of us are fairly regular depositors and have been quite loyal to the game in the sense that we are still here playing (in some cases several years later.)

MA surely realizes however that gamers have shelf lives just like Twinkies do (surely they must?), and just as "sands pass through the hourglass", players (even the top dogs) will eventually move on due to financial constraints, boredom, a new cool game, an unsympathetic "second half", etc. The primary challenge in the next year or two for MA is grappling with the challenge of expanding the game while simultaneously enticing new players (in the midst of moderate to severe worldwide recession) to join, put down roots and populate our Universe, without driving the coffers into a ditch in the process.

I also was hesitant to read too much into Frank's thread request, but for the above to happen I do think MA needs to make the game both more affordable for the masses, and much more compelling in terms of gameplay if they want to attract long term, hard care gamers (the demographic that surely best suits their business model). In many ways I see MA caught in a "death race" where they will need to rush in the new VU 10 eye candy, then rush to introduce some new planets, then rush to introduce some long needed game-play enhancements, all before dry rot takes hold and the game starts to wither on the vine due to a lack of interest or perceived irrelevance. While I am hopeful MA can pull it off, I'm quite concerned that amongst all their strong points as a business, rushing has never been one of them.

You can't enjoy this game with only $15 a month.
here.

I have been playing Entropia for a few years and I have not once deposited.

I have participated in all of the events through the years and I can even solo an young spider. All with out paying a single USD. I enjoy my time at CND, and well as in the PvP4.

Due to outside problems I have unable to play Entropia the last month or so but I love this game more than any game I have played before.

Now if there is a 15$ anything I am sorry to say this but I will be withdrawing all my what I have in the game...My skills, my gear, my cloths...

I have made many friends and hell even learned a lot from this game that affected my real life. But I will be sad to see this be taken into effect.

Im going to follow all of this information that, my guess will be posted with in the next few days even months. However, I would like to say this one more time.

You can play Entropia and Enjoy the game. You just have to be smart with what you spend your money on... With that said I will keep following posts to come....

I have to add, that I don't disagree at all with you Tekkie with respect to the necessity of new content.

But here we are, CE2 is waaaayyyyyyy overdue, MA have had years to prepare for the mass market and what have they done? Taming? Make-up? Clothes? Ads? Sold some banks that seem not to function now and then and are really just pawn shops in reality?

If I was head of MA I would have fired people in charge of this a long time ago as its all totally useless and doesnt serve the average gamer in any way at all.

MA need to get back to reality..... and I will if needed prove that $15 a month for a new player is absolutely a pathetic thing to expect if MA really think its possible as things are and return entertainment for that money.

I get the feeling they are living in the clouds and so distant from their own playerbase and if thats true they dont have a flipping clue on the market they are trying to get customers from.

I have been playing Entropia for a few years and I have not once deposited.

Im sorry but you are a vastly rare player, and the very fact you havent depo'd, from a business side means you are actually a drain on the system. Im not saying thats a bad thing just it says to me the game didnt actually have content good enough for you to think "ill pay for that". You are either very easily pleased or have no real life cash as far as im concerned.

and your last global was:

Atrox Young 86 PED Saturday, December 13, 2008 00:46

Sorry but I would not view you as an active or good customer if I owned MA

I get the feeling they are living in the clouds and so distant from their own playerbase and if thats true they dont have a flipping clue on the market they are trying to get customers from.

I challenge Marco or Frank to use an undercover avatar, with 145 Ped in their pocket, buy Full Pixie, Vivo T1, Opalo and some ammo and last the week on that (let alone the month) as a brand new player.

And that as I see it, is the problem.

Im offering to do it HERE

Lets see how long 150 ped lasts and compare from a less skilled to a well skilled

Im offering to do it HERE

Lets see how long 150 ped lasts and compare from a less skilled to a well skilled

I quickly read that and thought it's purpose was to test for noob HOF's like the vanishingly rare Daik / Combibo one :)

A better bet would be to hang out for a few hours at Swamp Camp - you should be able to get a disciple or two there.

Good luck.

Im sorry but you are a vastly rare player, and the very fact you havent depo'd, from a business side means you are actually a drain on the system. Im not saying thats a bad thing just it says to me the game didnt actually have content good enough for you to think "ill pay for that". You are either very easily pleased or have no real life cash as far as im concerned.

and your last global was:

Atrox Young 86 PED Saturday, December 13, 2008 00:46

Sorry but I would not view you as an active or good customer if I owned MA

I will say your are right about a few points that you have pointed out. Such as my last global. However, thats due to the fact that 1, have not played that much due to real life problems. And second I have been saving up from some diffrent things. Unlike most people where the can see something and just a few clicks of a button have enough money. I unfortaly have to save for a long period of time.

However, on the other hand I have helped the system just as much. Such as helping newer players and becoming a Mentor. I tell them straight up that there are two ways to play. 1) Depost or 2) Start sweating now then in a month you will be able to start mining.

As for myself as an single player in the game. This is my way of playing.
I will do small mining trips. 25 ped, 50 ped, 100 ped. And ever now and then a 200 ped run. I only do Enmatter and I look for Oil. I normaly do 50 or100 ped runs. I dont go for an ATH, I dont care about a Global. I just want to break even. Again why I go for oil. Nothing rare and hits a lot. Its a simple way of playing and not to exciting. However when I do have the money to go on a hunt Ill dust off the Ghost, or Vigi in storage and have a little fun. Lose all my money then go back to mining. Its a cycle for me... Ive been doing it for years and love it.

Think about this simple question...
What makes a game hard to play if when ever you want something you just make a few clicks then you have the money. No work needed.

I may not have the as much as "toys" or may not be near the richest player in the game. But everything I have My cloths, skills, gear... I earned it all with in the game. I worked my ass off to get it. No matter how big or small it is. Its enough for me. Hell, I just want to play :wtg:

I love entropia....

I will say your are right about a few points that you have pointed out. Such as my last global. However, thats due to the fact that 1, have not played that much due to real life problems. And second I have been saving up from some diffrent things. Unlike most people where the can see something and just a few clicks of a button have enough money. I unfortaly have to save for a long period of time.

However, on the other hand I have helped the system just as much. Such as helping newer players and becoming a Mentor. I tell them straight up that there are two ways to play. 1) Depost or 2) Start sweating now then in a month you will be able to start mining.

As for myself as an single player in the game. This is my way of playing.
I will do small mining trips. 25 ped, 50 ped, 100 ped. And ever now and then a 200 ped run. I only do Enmatter and I look for Oil. I normaly do 50 or100 ped runs. I dont go for an ATH, I dont care about a Global. I just want to break even. Again why I go for oil. Nothing rare and hits a lot. Its a simple way of playing and not to exciting. However when I do have the money to go on a hunt Ill dust off the Ghost, or Vigi in storage and have a little fun. Lose all my money then go back to mining. Its a cycle for me... Ive been doing it for years and love it.

Think about this simple question...
What makes a game hard to play if when ever you want something you just make a few clicks then you have the money. No work needed.

I may not have the as much as "toys" or may not be near the richest player in the game. But everything I have My cloths, skills, gear... I earned it all with in the game. I worked my ass off to get it. No matter how big or small it is. Its enough for me. Hell, I just want to play :wtg:

You seem to be the same player - thats against the rules of the forum :eek:

Yes I read your post Spud Crasher before you edit it ;)

Any more lies to back up your point?

Brooklyn,

Im prepared to take opinions on hunting loot systems but not from somebody whos last registered global was:

SnarkSnot Guardian 97 PED Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:27

from that it seems you think that hunting isnt worth doing? Right?

Actually since I started play last October I've actually had, if memory serve me correctly, about 6 globals, 1 spaceship and 2 HOF's… maybe 1 or 2 more… maybe 1 or 2 less as I don't really keep track as they are unimportant to my strategy....of making things work on a daily basis and weekly basis... I've never registered with global tracker and have only been on this forum since the end of December... it’s even more meaningless to this discussion.

I hunt or should I say "swuntmineamu" everyday but my point is all the bullshit bragging about how many globals of hof's is just that if you are loosing you ass off financially while spending a 15 dollars an hour for you entertainment time...and then come out here blame and demand that MA subsidise bad uniformed and unimaginative play is just plain silly...

To those claim that as people have here... that they are losing more players than they are gaining is just plain un-factual... as the all the numbers according to MA keep growing year after year and the 4 billion plus peds of the in game economy is also growing... and the evidence of new planet investors confirms that it is a sound plan with great potential…

I have always argued that this is a niche market for those who want this particular type challenge... and that is what the weeding out part of the first six month of play will tell you... if you are up to this very adult scenario... if not you will move on…but many will stay... some will leave simply because there is nothing in life (not even love and marriage which has a 50% loss rate in the first ten years..) that is permanent... and IRL concerns and interest take up a greater part of their time… the fact that there are still citizens here for six years and doing well... in terms of making money... is a testament to their good survival skills... not necessary skill points... and the viability and quality of the MA product... and promise...

To argue as some here have that MA does not provide a good introduction and tutorial manual... is just not true... they offer a decent one and give references to all other sources of information including this forum... and entropedia... plus an in game information and formal mentor... and society system for helping new players… who want it… IMHO is that most players don't want it... and prefer to have the wonderful experience of figuring it out as they go along… I like this method… and starting with a stake of 150-200 peds a month for six months and managing to reduce that need each month and turn it into a profit of 150 –200 peds is the fundamental essence of Entropia Universe…

It is none of my business to fret and worry over MA finances…I’m quite sure they a capable of doing that quite well for themselves and have demonstrated their success and capabilities it to their investors and others people in their industry… And I don’t need 1,000 globals 10,000 HOF's..to know and recognise this… all I need is to have a great time and turn a profit however small or big at the end of the week... on my journey to the real uberville... and I consider myself one of their best customers... and looking forward to a long relationship with through my alternate living arrangement here onFPC...

PS... If I remember correctly a poll done here a few months ago on how much do you spend which showed appoximately 30% of the players pay less than 20 dollars a month...

Last edited:
You seem to be the same player - thats against the rules of the forum :eek:

Yes I read your post Spud Crasher before you edit it ;)

No I do not have 2 accounts.

I have a younger brother that plays and was useing the computer to veiw thread.

If want to pull that card then I have 4 accounts in my family.

Mine - Boo Who You
My Brother - Spud Goalie Crasher
Other Brother - Mr Sam TheMan
My Dad - Mark Grizzly Gailao (last part is spell wrong)

To those claim that as people have here... that they are losing more players than they are gaining is just plain un-factual... as the all the numbers according to MA keep growing year after year and the 4 billion plus peds of the in game economy is also growing... and the evidence of new planet investors confirms that it is a sound plan with great potential

Most year graphs in game are " \ " shape.

No I do not have 2 accounts.

I have a younger brother that plays and was useing the computer to veiw thread.

If want to pull that card then I have 4 accounts in my family.

Mine - Boo Who You
My Brother - Spud Goalie Crasher
Other Brother - Mr Sam TheMan
My Dad - Mark Grizzly Gailao (last part is spell wrong)

;) I guess thats why the edit happened in a few seconds then :eek:

Would probably take longer to swap seats :D

But you posted your original post, then you would have had to log out, your brother would have had to log in and post under his account and post under his name but your thoughts, then you would have had to get your brother to edit to "i love entropia" and log in yourself while at the same time you repost the original post your brother posted. Hmmmmmm

Last edited:
It's been said many times by many players... and I believe it to be true. The focus of MA in the past years was perfecting (as it were) the platform. That will culminate with the deployment of CE2. The new planet partners are where MA is focused.

However, FPC is now doing things that were not being done... which is great IMO. Feedback from the community is great and I honestly think they are listening. However, playing on $15 USD a month...? Possible. But not many players will enjoy that experience and therefore will not likely stay long.

Keeping new players ingame is paramount to the success of EU, but who really bears the responsibility for that...? Mentors. Good ones. But mentors are rarely rewarded for their patience and willingness to spend their time and energy training our newcomers. If the rewards for taking on the responsibility of mentoring were better, I am sure more people would do it and that would lead to a stronger, better educated player base.

People talk about the high (absurd) prices of some items ingame... well folks, we have ourselves to blame for that, not MA or FPC. MA set up an economy, but it was players that found a way to corrupt it and artificially drive up prices. The only thing MA can be at fault for is maybe the low drop rates on some items... if you doubt how some in this community can take advantage of others simply revisit the threads regarding the footguards. A lucky few looted some and BAM!! these footguards were being listed for more that the remaining 6 pieces of armor :scratch2:

I am not saying that MA/FPC needs to step in and adjust the market... but I am saying the state of affairs today is largely our own doing.

I kinda drifted in and out of the topic... but I was not the only one :laugh:

Most year graphs in game are " \ " shape.

You mean there is a graph in game that shows that MA is losing more customers than it gains....??? That there is less money in the in game economy than last year...???

I'll take their numbers... as they have to prove them to potential investor and planet partners...;)

You mean there is a graph in game that shows that MA is losing more customers than it gains....??? That there is less money in the in game economy than last year...???

I'll take their numbers... as they have to prove them to potential investor and planet partners...;)

Active participants have to log in now and again or they get their items and accounts wiped, it doesnt mean they are that 'active'.

At my most optimistic I would say things are stalled until VU 10.0. I think a lot of people are waiting for the 2nd golden age of loot. :)

I kinda drifted in and out of the topic... but I was not the only one :laugh:

I hear what you are saying regarding prices, my point is the system.... its wild, unpredictable and kills players ped cards if they dare step off the snable or snots.

Loots are wild, they have no logic and therefore cant be used to gauge how well your avatar is doing... so whats the point?

As I have posted, I lost 500 ped on mid longu over 1200ped of ammo and had a very efficient setup, went to falx where I get horrible fap and armor decay and got a profit of 700 ped :scratch2:

It happens like that all the time, where is the logic? Top hunters can hunt dasp and I bet an Atrox young/mature or an ambu will be top of the hof list... where is the logic in that?

Back