Info: Confirmation that loot sucks 2010

ok I had to read this two times..

I still enjoy EU.. I deposit..(when needed) I mine with oa-103 amps (wich btw is 110% atm :D yey) I mine stuff that has alot of mu.. (narc.. yeah still nice mu.. niks.. ditto)

I would not buy a foeripper and blast big mobs.. why you might ask. because if I would then I need a bankroll of atleast 50k peds.. just for ammo.. and I would have to camp a mob that is really good... theres one that I know of that is doing pretty well doing this.. (Looser)

if you wanna camp something big then you must be ready to invest alot of time and money before you might get that big loot.... same as grinding slot machines (yes, ppl grind slot machines)

my advice to valentin is to depo 100k peds and use it on ammo only.. then hunt ONE of these mobs... scips, segs, chompers, aurli, falx, malc, kreltin and dasps.. you might need to spend 50k of those 100k before you get back the money you "invested" but you might also lose everything

First of all this thread is about hunting and not mining, so just be happy there still is some good markup when mining. Cos if markup on mining had been the same as hunting is now I bet we had seen you whine like a little baby:laugh:

If you look at what Hugh is hunting you see it is not uber mob and he is losing all the time and most hunters are doing the same.

I understand Valentin 100% cos the cost to hunt per day is getting stupide, so then people that deposit don't bother to do it any more(BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL IN GAME IN THE LONG RUN).

My friend list is getting more and more empty per day and I am also playing less than before.

So your post here is just.....sry to say it......stupide.

And we all know that Looser has been lucky and gratz to him for that.

I will still do deposits but it would only be so i can buy some ESI so if some 1 wants to buy skills in near future ( about 4-6 months ) you are welcome have lots off skills ---> about 336k.:)

First of all this thread is about hunting and not mining, so just be happy there still is some good markup when mining. Cos if markup on mining had been the same as hunting is now I bet we had seen you whine like a little baby:laugh:

If you look at what Hugh is hunting you see it is not uber mob and he is losing all the time and most hunters are doing the same.

I understand Valentin 100% cos the cost to hunt per day is getting stupide, so then people that deposit don't bother to do it any more(BIG PROBLEM FOR ALL IN GAME IN THE LONG RUN).

My friend list is getting more and more empty per day and I am also playing less than before.

you are talking with the true in your words ;) :wtg:

MA has created a wide range of mobs to hunt, with all sorts of different kill costs... Gibnibs to Proteron... And I think most people accept that a certain amount of ped loss is part of average hunting. So I guess the frustration is where in the range of mobs your personal level of ped loss tolerance is. I have a very low level of ped loss tolerance, so I find myself hunting berries & combibo quite a lot.

I guess at some point you get to a certain skill level where you think you should be able to hunt a higher mob, but the average ped loss on that mob doesn't jive with your personal tolerance. Oh well... I'll just keep firing away at the berries....

I guess at some point you get to a certain skill level where you think you should be able to hunt a higher mob, but the average ped loss on that mob doesn't jive with your personal tolerance.

+rep for some nice words. ;) I can only second that. However we shouldn`t forget that the hunter we talk about here also lost quite a lot on drones for example which IMHO is not correct for his skills.

MA has created a wide range of mobs to hunt, with all sorts of different kill costs... Gibnibs to Proteron... And I think most people accept that a certain amount of ped loss is part of average hunting. So I guess the frustration is where in the range of mobs your personal level of ped loss tolerance is. I have a very low level of ped loss tolerance, so I find myself hunting berries & combibo quite a lot.

I guess at some point you get to a certain skill level where you think you should be able to hunt a higher mob, but the average ped loss on that mob doesn't jive with your personal tolerance. Oh well... I'll just keep firing away at the berries....

I agree that is the way it is, but shouldn't be since it makes skills basically useless. What it is the point of being able to hunt bigger mobs when there is no chance of better pay off? Simply having higher level mobs cost more is not an enticement to hunt them and use the higher level weapons/armors. So MA is in effect screwing themselves by forcing more and more people to hunt small mobs just as not to lose as much.

I agree that is the way it is, but shouldn't be since it makes skills basically useless. What it is the point of being able to hunt bigger mobs when there is no chance of better pay off? Simply having higher level mobs cost more is not an enticement to hunt them and use the higher level weapons/armors. So MA is in effect screwing themselves by forcing more and more people to hunt small mobs just as not to lose as much.

I think the enticement to hunt more expensive mobs is the potential reward right? Bigger hofs, more markup items, etc...

Don't get me wrong... there are mobs I used to hunt a ton with an acceptable ped loss that are now well above my ped loss tolerance. I would like to see the balance swing back the other way a bit.

Want to see a huge increase in hunting, huge increase in use of items that decay, that would relate to huge increase in profits for MA at the same time.

Give a MINIMUM of 95% TT return on ammo burn in loot and same for mining as far as bombs/probes.

The maximum of 5% to be used for the global/hof pool.

If it is as they say that they only make their money from decay and fees, this would have no affect on them and cause them to lose nothing. In actuallity, since people could be getting back most of what they spend in hunting they would be more apt to cycle more, causing more decay for MA.

I would have no problem paying the decay since I could control that aspect of how much I spend. But with the bogus "dynamics" of loot return it's all a crap shoot and no better than gambling hoping for that hof to break even.

The more people can afford to hunt/mine, the more they will do it, so decay will increase, and even at a max of 5% to global/hoff pool, it would be more than now since many are refraining from spending anything at all with the current set up that seems to be getting worse for standard loot while hofs remain the same.

But hey why worry about that when they are able to still release new things and not pay any attention to other more important issues.

I think the enticement to hunt more expensive mobs is the potential reward right? Bigger hofs, more markup items, etc...

so as we increase skills and target mob, we have to trade off tt return for MU, subject to variation, or HoFs, subject to randomness (apparently)? doesnt seem right, fair or balanced.

:scratch2: I allways thought that higher skills let you hunt more efficiently and not simply enable you to hunt bigger stuff. There is not much a noob could not hunt with the right setup (and a big enough budget) and even then, does not mean he will instantly get an ATH. If it worked that way it would be way to easy.
The bigger the mob, the higher the risk and costs. With higher skills from my experience the loot swings tend to get more extreme,but also the costs per kills get lower.
The losses in this thread look really fishy, even with a sword it should not be that high and with so many PEDs cycled any loot swing should have happened. I only cycle roughly a fourth and never ever had to cycle more than 20k to be around 90% return (not counting decay and calculating only TT value).

Still on drones with no joy - lol

Last edited:
:scratch2: I allways thought that higher skills let you hunt more efficiently and not simply enable you to hunt bigger stuff. [...]
The bigger the mob, the higher the risk and costs. With higher skills from my experience the loot swings tend to get more extreme,but also the costs per kills get lower.

higher skills do mean you can hunt more efficently. judging by your skill level, you could nakid hunt young atrox, drones and simlar, with a suitable L weapon you couldnt be anymore efficient. imagine now you are in the OPs avatar and what you might expect to be efficient at.

yes some play above their level for added excitment, but it seems that "your level" is far too low for those that have substantial skills (ie anything above about coolness) to keep interest.

Higher skills allows you to use higher equipment which allows you to spend more faster.
Luck determines loot. Luck is called "Dynamics" in Entropia.

wrong.. this is not just about hunting.. this is about profiting.. and if the markup on ores was as shitty as the hunting loot I would not do anything.. specially not cry like a baby (as some others do in this thread) I would just quit.. or log in for a chat.. in sweden we learn from early years to not act like kids, but as men... and men dont cry.. dunno how you get raised in norway.. but you should be just as bad ass..

and I dont care if I lose.. I play because its fun.. and thats what its about.. if you dont think its fun anymore then quit.. its like black and white fun=play/not fun=dont play.. theres probably a billion games out there you can try instead... I am.. EU is not the only game I play.. and I take long breaks from EU..

sorry for off topic, but this thread really fits the profile:

Strashes mining log

a true disaster, Marco, please send this one also to the balancing team, this is some terrible shit.

wrong.. this is not just about hunting.. this is about profiting.. ..

I think you might read the name of this post again. I am not too concerned about profiting but not everyone has a disposable income either. I dont wish to miss out on the fun but if loot is down for me I do other things in game until it is fine tuned or as you say just don't log-in as much.

Loot has dropped considerably for me as well but I am not whining about it just stating a fact. But then loot has always had ups and downs for me. Those who make large deposits and lose them should not whinge about it, that was their choice. There is no guarantee of returns that I have ever read. Just go with the flow.

Last edited:
latest update - minus 12.5k this year

latest update - minus 12.5k this year
:scratch2:
You lost 2,5K in one week by hunting drones ?!
:eek:
I think I lost around 500 during the whole drone invasion

:scratch2:
You lost 2,5K in one week by hunting drones ?!
:eek:
I think I lost around 500 during the whole drone invasion

Not just drones, been alternating between them and other mobs to ease the boredom

down 1393 ped on drones so far this year in 39 hunts

Last edited:
:scratch2: I allways thought that higher skills let you hunt more efficiently and not simply enable you to hunt bigger stuff. There is not much a noob could not hunt with the right setup (and a big enough budget) and even then, does not mean he will instantly get an ATH. If it worked that way it would be way to easy.

a few years ago this might have been true but with the additions of L sib and now tiering I believe MA have made a concerted effort to devalue skills not only in value but also in their effectiveness. Now anyone can play with maxed weapons and tools it just depends on the initial budget. Noobs can hunt atrox within a couple of weeks if they put the time in.

Has anybody else been using the spreadsheet ?
If so, anyone want to share their results ?
Would be interesting to compare :)

Sorry, I am really, realllllly confused. I finally found your expenses on that impressive looking excel sheet, and see that you had around 82% return this month.

The "i lost 6k" means nothing. 82% over 1 month doesn't seem so bad :/ Even I have had full weeks of 60% return before finally breaking some nice 200% runs.

Also, that is just a "total costs and total loot %, doesn't even consider MU you spent + fap/armor decay.

This could easily just be a totally normal 90%-100% TT return rate before defense+MU.

Sorry if I am missing something.

Sorry, I am really, realllllly confused. I finally found your expenses on that impressive looking excel sheet, and see that you had around 82% return this month.

The "i lost 6k" means nothing. 82% over 1 month doesn't seem so bad :/ Even I have had full weeks of 60% return before finally breaking some nice 200% runs.

Also, that is just a "total costs and total loot %, doesn't even consider MU you spent + fap/armor decay.

This could easily just be a totally normal 90%-100% TT return rate before defense+MU.

Sorry if I am missing something.

markup on armour, weapon and fap decay is all included as explained earlier in this thread.
If you think that losing £500 per month is a great thing, then this ain't the thread for you ;)

markup on armour, weapon and fap decay is all included as explained earlier in this thread.
If you think that losing £500 per month is a great thing, then this ain't the thread for you ;)

I don't think its a great thing.

So, MU spended IS included? Well that makes this look completely normal.

It's only £500 lost because you are cycling £2,500 + and spending markup. It would help if you tracked exactly what % of your expenditures are markup, but im gonna hazzard an educated guess right now and say your defence and markup COSTS were 8-10% of your total expenditure.

Even if you had 0% costs in markup and decay, 82% over 1 months hunting big mobs is nothing. This thread is important to everyone actually.

At the moment I see you posting scewed results in a misguiding format, and I see a lot of the "regulars" from EF (you know what i mean) jumping on and creating 20 pages of hate and whine. Meanwhile, everyone else is just casually reading it and picking up the general feeling that it is fact that your loot is under average by a lot and it shouldn't be possible or something.

I for one hate the variance in EU, but I accept it exists and I don't whine if I choose to cycle £2.5k a month on killing big mobs that drop virtually no markup unless your lucky, or actually camp it long enough to expect a big loot like a rare item or huge ESI or whatever. Whilst simultaneously spending markup killing them.

I was sympathetic and confused for a long time, but now i see your expenses match up with your return in a really average way, i don't see what the fuss is about in this thread?

30 pages of bandwaggon, much?

So, MU spended IS included? Well that makes this look completely normal.

Thats the whole point in this thread, this is whats happening to most players from the messages i recieve.
I have said numerous times that i am happy to pay for my entertainment, but +$5 per hour, every hour for the last 260 hours is a bit ridiculous, it didnt used to be this way.

Has anybody else been using the spreadsheet ?
If so, anyone want to share their results ?
Would be interesting to compare :)

Spinage is right, you should not include markup when calculating if MA is giving you a fair return.

You should also look at separate figures with and without armor/fap decay.

Also, did you post what weapon(s) you are using primarily?

Back