Info: Confirmation that loot sucks 2010

Has anyone noticed eye oil is now 108% MU ??

Wouldnt it be cool if MA would make their new vehicle system require hunting loot (aka wools, hides, and even robot parts) to assemble cars? I mean, you dont see many cars with leather but there are some :)

That would probably save the MU's of the loot, which disregarding some neglectable spikes, is at an all time low.

Hopefully they wont just put cars in loot windows... that sounds bad. :lolup:

But yeah, hopefully the vehicle system, if implemented will work the loot MU out :)

If not, then heh, its MA, what did you expect? :silly2:

Off topic i know, but its somewhat related :) *crosses fingers*

theres many mobs that drops ore in loot.. those are the best ones to hunt...

drones for gazz/erdo
argo for iron
thorifoid for cald
globster for duru
mulaak? for narc
MINERBOT for ALOT

then we have the high regen mobs... what do they drop? I feel like they drop more esi's.. and more L items.. but some of these L items has no markup.. so what is best to hunt?

molisks and fouls is also good for their teeth and bones that you get very often.. but no tt value so you must hunt them as cheap as possible..

then we have the EU SLOTS... mobs with extreme hp.. cost can easy be 20-50 peds to kill 1... ONE mob... what do they drop? I have no clue actually because I only killed some loongtooth when they were east of corinth.. high tt esi's, high tt L items... and you need a huge bankroll to camp them..

Mini Update from another page
Profit / Loss per day 2010

i bet u would have more fun doing something else for 200 $ for few hours,maybe rent a sportscar for a hour or 2:)))

Mini Update from another page
Profit / Loss per day 2010

Are you changing your hunting style/weapons/amp/armor/fap... something, anything? If those were my stats, I would definitely be reconsidering my approach.

Are you changing your hunting style/weapons/amp/armor/fap... something, anything? If those were my stats, I would definitely be reconsidering my approach.

I am gonna camp drones for a few days;)

Hugh, this is insightful, thanks for your info. These are mighty losses, but I'm wondering how exactly do these compare to your returns before 2010? I don't know if you kept similar logs, but perhaps you could give us an idea by how much say your average daily P/L, or maybe $ cost per hour changed over the past 6-8 months (assuming you're doing everything the same)?

Cheers.

Hugh, this is insightful, thanks for your info. These are mighty losses, but I'm wondering how exactly do these compare to your returns before 2010? I don't know if you kept similar logs, but perhaps you could give us an idea by how much say your average daily P/L, or maybe $ cost per hour changed over the past 6-8 months (assuming you're doing everything the same)?

Cheers.

I never kept any logs before but you always have a feeling how you are doing by the rate your ped card moves, I remember I used to global approx 8 times per day, with at least a hof per week

well the seconde time this years i loose 1k in less than 1 week :/

Was too angry and i deleted my loot result xD haven t save it sry :'( with 1k only 1 hunt with positive return all other was around -100/-200

I think that just does not work on the way that you propose. I think the avatar brings to Calypso a state of luck that is inherent to its creation in the game. Unfortunately I can confirm that Hugh results are equal to those of the majority. You can hunting anything different mbs with different types of weapons, however there is always a few of lucky avatars, but the most, obtains same results of Hugh. Doing every thing possible. :rolleyes:

With or without markups included?

Rgds

Ace

Don't know if you are addressing the MUs this way Ace, if not, apologies, but so many other people do.

MA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT MU VALUES, nor should we when determining costs of play. The MU varies dependent on demand of other players and whatever other variables in work.

Why people bring MUs up in relation to these things is not thinking in regards to how MA works.

Track TT in, and TT out to determine returns since that is the only true value. If you start adding the MU then you might as well start adding auction fees or other fees in order to get those potential MUs.

Don't know if you are addressing the MUs this way Ace, if not, apologies, but so many other people do.

MA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT MU VALUES, nor should we when determining costs of play. The MU varies dependent on demand of other players and whatever other variables in work.

Why people bring MUs up in relation to these things is not thinking in regards to how MA works.

Track TT in, and TT out to determine returns since that is the only true value. If you start adding the MU then you might as well start adding auction fees or other fees in order to get those potential MUs.

Of course you are going to have losses counting only tt in and tt out. You need to track mu to truly understand the game and the dynamics of it. Yes you should deduct auction fees or loss of mu selling to traders, thats all part of the game.

Sure you can play it like a single player game, buy ammo shoot mobs, tt stuff and repeat. You will pay MA for this way of playing as anyone would pay to play a game, or you can do the work and research to figure out how to re-coup some of that from hunting markup and playing that way.

Its all up to the individual and how they want to play. But for the normal person MU is an extremely important factor to the game, both in expenditures and loots.

narfi

Of course you are going to have losses counting only tt in and tt out. You need to track mu to truly understand the game and the dynamics of it. Yes you should deduct auction fees or loss of mu selling to traders, thats all part of the game.

Sure you can play it like a single player game, buy ammo shoot mobs, tt stuff and repeat. You will pay MA for this way of playing as anyone would pay to play a game, or you can do the work and research to figure out how to re-coup some of that from hunting markup and playing that way.

Its all up to the individual and how they want to play. But for the normal person MU is an extremely important factor to the game, both in expenditures and loots.

narfi

It is clear that you lose sometimes and you must expect to do as well but where is the motivation to make the deposit between $ 2k - $ 8k per month to just have some fun game you should know that just one game in my lvl costs about 1000 PEDS -1500 PEDS to do and when we start talking about that money you probably do not settle for just a bit of fun when you can play other games but when it is about this kind off money sure you want to have some loot too.

narfi

But when you track TT in and TT out you are able to track MORE ACCURATELY loot cycles. If you go by MU (WHICH MA DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT) you have no accurate means since MU fluctuates.

You also have no clue of what sort of standard returns you get for what you spend, again MA DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MU.

Loot constantly on the decrease in comparison to what is spent has nothing to do with the way the game is played. It has everything to do with loot balance. That is something not to be learned, but adjusted.

No matter what I do, I lose tonnes, there's nothing that can be done about it, I've tried everything... sooOoooOoo...
I just accept it, move on.
You can change nothing by complaining, MA are happy with their Ponzi the way it is.
Orcs and Elves are looking pretty attractive right now tbh.

But when you track TT in and TT out you are able to track MORE ACCURATELY loot cycles. If you go by MU (WHICH MA DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT) you have no accurate means since MU fluctuates.

You also have no clue of what sort of standard returns you get for what you spend, again MA DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MU.

Loot constantly on the decrease in comparison to what is spent has nothing to do with the way the game is played. It has everything to do with loot balance. That is something not to be learned, but adjusted.

I accually think that MA care alot about MU atleast from what I seen since I started playing in 2003. Therefor I think your wrong about that.

narfi

i think you miss the point. by only counting TT you will usually be -ve, but by how much? most accept and expect this, its when the figure is -30% rather than -10% over a long period that people get annoyed.

(on this point the recent data from Hugh needs to have the hunt cost/ammo used or something to put the number into context as -300 is means different things if it was a 600ped or 2000ped run.)

if you take the approach that you always include MU whe calculating the systems return, you will only fool yourself and have a great number of anomalies: you get an ESI and suddenly a -ve hunt is +ve; a recent change means material x is now worth twice as much as last week, adjusting your return; a change means material Y is 1/10 lower, adjusting your return; you have to sell everything right away to actually lock the price calculated or else risk losing ped. the blazer is a good example, people saying loots improved, when it was simply becuase they where getting 20 ped from selling 20 blazer fragments, while today those are 0.4 ped. so profit has become loss with no change to tt returns.

I sympathise with the OP since CE2 my loot has been awful, any mark up i get is swallowed in moments by the unstopping ped drain. I have contacted support about it, tried a bigger than average depo, tried amps, enhancers.... to much losses.

The result of all this is me not playing (decaying), I know my returns have been out the normal range of losses, I know that they have been "not normal", and i am pissed off being fobbed off by support.

Maybe a few months break or stop depositing will sort things, as atm i am becoming very wary of throwing more money into the game. I am not a huge depositor but i kinda expect a chance to actually cycle ped a few times rather than go mining, look at loot, and be left with little choice but to sweat most of the 2 weeks before the next depo.

I am getting extremely pissed off.

Especially as my sweat gatherer points below have been WHILE depositing.

and yes before anybody bleats about playing to my level, i only use maxed stuff, and cheapest i can go for decay etc on most occasions, my returns have sucked in all professions.

I think things will even up, but the loot swings now just are not fun imo.

Last edited:
Just FYI - I sent the thread to the MA Balancing team.

It is to no avail only to send the paper around the office all these papers should give any result.:)

And please read this one more time because is the most players ( The whole truth and nothing but the truth ).

By AJack10600
It's the same old that I have always been talking about... for years now, and nobody was listening, I got accused of being a whiner, of being destructive etc etc...

But I am a fan of this game and I don't understand why MA ruin this game...

If only MA made this game affordable again, people would start depositing much more again... it's much more fun to loot 95% or 105% now and then... than to get shit returns of a few pec all the time.

I really wonder if people want to turn this game into a Luxury game or whether it should remain affordable. the 1 USD per hour thing is total bullshit and everyone knows it.

The game has become more and more expensive to play and I only ever come back for the occasional gameplay. There is no incentive to skill, no incentive to hunt, no incentive to waste ped... If an hour insane fun costs me 100 USD... then that's simply wrong... and don't give me that RCE bla bla bla... This game is about as RCE as MA want you to believe it is. This is a game and I am a consumer. If I want to have a hardship playing a game I can go and play RL..

I want to have fun in a game and blast away some bullets at an acceptable cost that makes me spend 50 or maybe even 100 bucks per month on a game that's simply better than any other and where I can enjoy myself.

Something has totally gone missing since I started this game.

FPC and MA will see the results. There is a reason that no Financial Results have been published. I bet a lot of money that deposits have gone down massively, that Cash flow has become a real issue... And the problem is that unless MA don't react, this will get worse and not better. People woant restart depositing just cos of now Graphix or a Quest system. People deposit if what they get is value for money. How much is an hour of gaming worth to me... That's basics of economics, price elasticity... and MA have clearly gone too far...

The WoF is one of my last attempts to get a bit of Fun out of this game and don't be mistaken, I expect a heavy loss as a result... MA will tweak the mobs again and suck us dry... and after the WoF I will do my maths and look at the damage and take it from there...

It is to no avail only to send the paper around the office all these papers should give any result.:)

And please read this one more time because is the most players ( The whole truth and nothing but the truth ).

By AJack10600
It's the same old that I have always been talking about... for years now, and nobody was listening, I got accused of being a whiner, of being destructive etc etc...

But I am a fan of this game and I don't understand why MA ruin this game...

If only MA made this game affordable again, people would start depositing much more again... it's much more fun to loot 95% or 105% now and then... than to get shit returns of a few pec all the time.

I really wonder if people want to turn this game into a Luxury game or whether it should remain affordable. the 1 USD per hour thing is total bullshit and everyone knows it.

The game has become more and more expensive to play and I only ever come back for the occasional gameplay. There is no incentive to skill, no incentive to hunt, no incentive to waste ped... If an hour insane fun costs me 100 USD... then that's simply wrong... and don't give me that RCE bla bla bla... This game is about as RCE as MA want you to believe it is. This is a game and I am a consumer. If I want to have a hardship playing a game I can go and play RL..

I want to have fun in a game and blast away some bullets at an acceptable cost that makes me spend 50 or maybe even 100 bucks per month on a game that's simply better than any other and where I can enjoy myself.

Something has totally gone missing since I started this game.

FPC and MA will see the results. There is a reason that no Financial Results have been published. I bet a lot of money that deposits have gone down massively, that Cash flow has become a real issue... And the problem is that unless MA don't react, this will get worse and not better. People woant restart depositing just cos of now Graphix or a Quest system. People deposit if what they get is value for money. How much is an hour of gaming worth to me... That's basics of economics, price elasticity... and MA have clearly gone too far...

The WoF is one of my last attempts to get a bit of Fun out of this game and don't be mistaken, I expect a heavy loss as a result... MA will tweak the mobs again and suck us dry... and after the WoF I will do my maths and look at the damage and take it from there...

ok I had to read this two times..

I still enjoy EU.. I deposit..(when needed) I mine with oa-103 amps (wich btw is 110% atm :D yey) I mine stuff that has alot of mu.. (narc.. yeah still nice mu.. niks.. ditto)

I would not buy a foeripper and blast big mobs.. why you might ask. because if I would then I need a bankroll of atleast 50k peds.. just for ammo.. and I would have to camp a mob that is really good... theres one that I know of that is doing pretty well doing this.. (Looser)

if you wanna camp something big then you must be ready to invest alot of time and money before you might get that big loot.... same as grinding slot machines (yes, ppl grind slot machines)

my advice to valentin is to depo 100k peds and use it on ammo only.. then hunt ONE of these mobs... scips, segs, chompers, aurli, falx, malc, kreltin and dasps.. you might need to spend 50k of those 100k before you get back the money you "invested" but you might also lose everything

I still enjoy EU.. I deposit..(when needed) I mine with oa-103 amps (wich btw is 110% atm :D yey) I mine stuff that has alot of mu.. (narc.. yeah still nice mu.. niks.. ditto)

I would not buy a foeripper and blast big mobs.. why you might ask. because if I would then I need a bankroll of atleast 50k peds.. just for ammo.. and I would have to camp a mob that is really good... theres one that I know of that is doing pretty well doing this.. (Looser)

if you wanna camp something big then you must be ready to invest alot of time and money before you might get that big loot.... same as grinding slot machines (yes, ppl grind slot machines)

my advice to valentin is to depo 100k peds and use it on ammo only.. then hunt ONE of these mobs... scips, segs, chompers, aurli, falx, malc, kreltin and dasps.. you might need to spend 50k of those 100k before you get back the money you "invested" but you might also lose everything

Nothing new has done it several times. Last times it was on SEG:s about 80k peds off ammo.

And that is what u call fun or ?

Nothing new has done it several times. Last times it was on SEG:s about 80k peds off ammo.

then do it again.. hunt the same mob for a year.. and make a "hunting log" out of it.. would be cool to read instead of all your whining about MA killing the game for you..

STYRM !

Are u serious ? Depo 10k $ and blast away just to maby get it back ??

Its bec of people like you MA follow the wrong pattern. They live in a bubbleworld and so are you :laugh:

then do it again.. hunt the same mob for a year.. and make a "hunting log" out of it.. would be cool to read instead of all your whining about MA killing the game for you..

My Hunting log is my PED balance and my Credit Card... :D

Back