CryENGINE®2 Exhibition

They look awesome! I didn't expect less given the cryengine and it's terrain capabilities etc. Looks like that all the pics are from one area. Anyone notice that it looked liked rain in one of the shots? Not the 'foggy' one. Looks like a lot has been done so far.

wooooowwwwzzaaaaaa im coming down there to check it out right now! :)

:eek: nice screenshots... it already feels like a whole new game.

Can't wait to see more familiar places to really compare !

Are those from ingame locations? They dont remind me of any current locations. Maybe they are from new places on Amethera??

They arent redoing all right?

Can't wait to see how it look in the entire game not only in a exhibition ;)

I finaly realised why it is called CryEngine.
The pics are so nice that I started to cry just a little
Give us CryEngine now!

Are those from ingame locations? They dont remind me of any current locations. Maybe they are from new places on Amethera??

They arent redoing all right?

They have stated that everything will have to be remade, since nothing of the old stuff works with the new engine.
(Alf, in the entropiaradio interview)

But I do expect them to keep the shape of the continents, and the relative location of all cities...

Would be quite a break in continuity otherwise..

But seems we will have to get used to quite a different look on the places we have grown to know.. But all for the better it seem! :yay:

And those plants really do look amazing! And that water! And the rocks! :eek::woohoo:

Edit: Oh cool, saw marcos reply further up. Sounds good there will be familiar (but I expect spectacular looking) places :)

Last edited:
It would be nice to see the reviews of EU once the upgrades are complete and all systems are working correctly...

- Nightwolf

So a quad core processor would give significantly better performance than a dual or single core based on the threading methods of the CryEngine?

(In other words, should I bother upgrading my dual-core to a quad-core right away?)

So far there is no engine on the market that utillizes the quad core fully. So your dual core will run this very nicely. As said before, your graphics card is whats going to make a big difference.... ram..... hard drive.... connection.... server load.... lol

Very nice looking indeed. :)
Now I just need to know what kind of equipment I need so I can craft myself a new rig. :D

The pix showing rain and night sky look really cool. Hope they are accurate :)

They have stated that everything will have to be remade, since nothing of the old stuff works with the new engine.
(Alf, in the entropiaradio interview)

But I do expect them to keep the shape of the continents, and the relative location of all cities...

Would be quite a break in continuity otherwise..

But seems we will have to get used to quite a different look on the places we have grown to know.. But all for the better it seem! :yay:

And those plants really do look amazing! And that water! And the rocks! :eek::woohoo:

:scratch2: I wonder if that means we will have to get all the TPs and Outposts again? It seems that after one VU I had to get a bunch of outposts that I had once before.

I can't believe that would be the case, but I guess one never knows.

Anyway, +Rep for posting the pics. Nice job.

WOW wow WoW!!!

It all looks great! :swoon::shower::swoon::shower:
*But one question.... Are we all gonna have to buy flashlights, lanterns, and headlamps now for those of us who are on in the night sequence?:dunno:

It doesn't look like you can see very far in the night past the lights from the buildings.:scratch:
One pic looks like you can see moonlight against the building and the shadows. :smirk:

This if F¤##¤#¤G awesome!!! cant wait until this arrive!!!
Thnx for sharing! :yay:

o_O this is soo nice :D

Holy crap on a cracker :eek:

I wanna see pics of mobs and avatars though :) Terrain and cities are all good, but Im not here to sight see...Im here to hunt dammit :laugh:

Yes, very nice, want it now! But should MA not give us some information about the hardware requirments? I don't want to find myself in a situation when i can't play because my computer can't handle the cryengine update.

They look awesome. I gotta wonder what rig they were using. I kind of find it hard to believe these are realy screenshots from in game actually running as opposed to sample rendered screnes. If the game can really look like this while running its going to be absolutely amazing. Even Crysis itself didnt look nearly this good.

Looks really great, Thanks for the sneak peak MA and i hope to see more soon!

Looks like MA has a bit of a hard on for tubed walkways. lol

Looks like MA has a bit of a hard on for tubed walkways. lol

Along with those tubed walkways, we seem to be getting rain and nighttime. Those tubed walkways will keep us dry and able to see where we're going! And besides, we've barely got down-trodden dirt paths now....time for a makeover!

Did I post this in the wrong forum? It seemed the most fitting to me.. But upon further inspection it says for fiction, satires and spoofs - These are real! Maybe it should get moved?

Thread merged with the original BerthaBot thread in the Mindark Announcments forum for easier browsing.

Thanks for posting the screenshots. :wtg:

did they create a new world or is it just the same continents but new graphics

Wow what a fantastic look, some shots look so real!

+ MA kept their word of publishing these screenshots in may !!!
Thumbs up!!!

Really nice pics, been at PA and looked at them more than once now. :)
But I wonder, where are the caves?? :D ;)

Back