CryENGINE®2 Exhibition

:D A long and slow process indeed,

Time and patience, I think a lot of peeps are going to be blown away once all has been completed.

~ Sparkz

Ok the pictures look really nice, but...

It would be nice to see something that couldn't be from almost any game ever, I don't think I saw anything in those screens that was uniquely EU

And some ingame shots or videos would be nice not just pre-rendered eye candy

But thanks all the same :)

And some ingame shots or videos would be nice not just pre-rendered eye candy

All shots are from the Test-serversystem. Nothing is pre-rendered.

(max-detail etc, but no fake stuff)

Next batch (no ETA) will have some monsters (the CE2-Warlock rocks!) and maybe a movie. ,-)

CE2 - Warlock? Are they going to be on the CE2 - 23 ped beacon missions? :silly2:

Bring em on! :pic:

WOW NICE! Breathtaking graphics I want my new gfx card now :laugh:

Next batch (no ETA) will have some monsters (the CE2-Warlock rocks!) and maybe a movie. ,-)

Maybe ? It was already written there will be a video soon :p

Is that big tower the pandorra tower ? o_O

I would like to see Zychion !

Last edited:
First words out of my mouth were :censored:

wants to see a movie :cool:

and holy s**t, can't wait.

/spikey

omg omg omg!

those shots are so damn awsome.

thanks marco for letting us know that we can expect to see some familiar places as well.

Is it all DX10?

Very Nice Marco... But what can we expect the new Minimum Requirements For EU to be? this is Very Important for all of us to know.

Is it all DX10?

From what I understand, they are working for the platform to run under XP, so most likely the current rendering client they are using is DX9 based.

From memory I believe they were saying they were watching the development of Vista closely but *at this point were not* going to be making a Vista Client. (DX-10) ... ofc like all things, DX9 based games (XP and below of DirectX) will run on Vista.

~ Sparkz

Very Nice Marco... But what can we expect the new Minimum Requirements For EU to be? this is Very Important for all of us to know.

Might be better to expect Crysis's medium to high settings (not ultra high) so you can kill 2 birds with one stone ;) Too bad crysis is all looks with little substance...

looks awesome" space the final frontier"oops star trek seizure neato:dance::drool:

Thanks for the preview Marco! :yay:

The next batch or so will show more familiar scenery. =)

Yes! more, more...

Woot! :wtg:

I think the images look great! I have been hearing alot of "I need a new graphics card" and "I need a new PC" comments, and I have to say that I played the Crysis demo on my 2 year old dual core laptop with a Nvidia 7600 GO and 2 gigs of RAM and it ran great. I think you might be surprised how well your current system will run this. But we will have to wait and see, if Crytropia runs as well as Crysis on my laptop, then I'm a happy camper. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

I think I just heard my graphics card whimper.

WOW ! (not the game)
Excellent job MA !

I'm looking forward to getting this thing running on my new PC ;)
Any uncomitted ETA?

Impressive indeed, should REALLY pull in the punters once the media clap eyes on it I think...after all it's free to download and play in theory at least.

I am wondering if the one really annoying part of EU is about to wave bye-bye when CE2 arrives....the way mobs die by just rotating 90 degrees and lying down? We can blow stuff to bits in CE2 can't we? Drones that get blasted to bits for example?

I'd love to know what MA intend to release as the min spec PC or lappy for this bugger too...it will be very important to all us established guys and also to any new starters.

Why do I keep seeing the message "You cannot use this item without torch batteries in your inventory" in my mind's eye :laugh:

t

Impressive, yet saddening...

I don't think I will be playing EU anymore when the Cryengine strikes... my poor computer...

Shadow...rains...lots of light effects...day/night cycle...omg:yay:

Do they modernize one of those tps in Amethera?...that looks medieval..its on a cliff I cant recall..

OMG!!!

Warlocks:painter:

You are doing a great job bringing back the UBA to PA...:)

Think you can tell us what kinda` system specs we need to run the future Entropia with those max-details?

Not really, no, as the development isn't ready yet, and thus the optimization and tweak phase hasn't been finished yet. We aim at Crysis-like speccs.

Not really, no, as the development isn't ready yet, and thus the optimization and tweak phase hasn't been finished yet. We aim at Crysis-like speccs.

Thanks for poppin' in Marco ... it's always nice to get updates to elevate our anticipation of what's to come. :D

*Pretend purple whip is slowly fading into the background!*

Crysis specs.....

Cpu: Intel P4 2.8 GHz or faster (3.2GHz for Vista) / AMD Athlon 2800+ or faster (3200+ for Vista) / Intel Core 2.0 GHz for faster (2.2 GHz for Vista)

Ram: 1 GB or more (1.5 for Vista)

Video: DirectX 9.0c/10 compatible

Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible

Input: Keyboard and mouse <--- LOL

Video adapter must have 256 MB or more memory and one of the following chipsets:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (ATI X800 Pro 256 MB for Vista)

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB or greater

Right from the box ;)

Back