EBN: RDI searching for new robot technology

(said when referring to the "Exceptional robot optical lense" in this thread.)

Seems I was right. The lenses are "E" and the "N's" are the "1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit / 1 Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint."

Seeing as I predicted how it would work, where is my PoE set?
:D

Just as i did, only you don't have to use the holiday content comparison, only the dna one.

how much does a POE set worth? 100k atleast right?

15 EROL and/or 15 COLB = 2.5k each = 37.500
5 CHCB and/or 5 ERHC = 7.5k each = 37.500
1 EROU or CCUB = 25k each = 25000

For a grand total of 100k per POE set.

OFC 25k for the last part might be expensive. i guess thats what going to affect if the POE will cost from 85-100k

From my point of view each of the 3 different item types should come to same amount...

So that it would look like this:

15 EROL and/or 15 COLB = 2k each = 30.000
5 CHCB and/or 5 ERHC = 6k each = 30.000
1 EROU or CCUB = 30k each = 30.000

Total of 90k (Which I believe would be closer to the actualy value with the prices atm)

But again, if for instance 15k EROL or COLB are looted and 5k CHCB or ERHC are looted - And then only 15 EROU/CCUB are looted, then it would look more like:

15 EROL and/or 15 COLB = 200 each = 3000
5 CHCB and/or 5 ERHC = 600 each = 3000
1 EROU or CCUB = 84k each = 84.000

So it all depends on the final loot amount - I know this last one was kinda extreem - But was just to show an example :)

Setting prices for the items required is a bit futile.
The need to complete the personal list of already looted items will overcome math ... or judgement.

Here we goes again . . .

Edit: for a short time i hoped that MA suddenly had lost their greed and wanted to make the game functional again . . . But this only shows they will never change. The information around events like this also allways sucks and gives more confusion then useful information.

How many ppl are pissed?

True so True :(

So far I`m holding my breath and reserving judgement. I hope we see a ton of these things drop and winners will not have to buy any missing pieces but collect them. If it happens any other way it`s a deep pockets event. But I will say I am now less inclined to grind on bots.

We aim for excitment and not frustration. =)

What makes me frustrated is the spawns. It appears that most of the times, the governor has called out many more hunters than are needed to bring down the robots, except in a few places where it more comes to lack of equipment.

This is my experience so far:
Hadesheim C: At the time you have aimed at a robot to tag it, someone else has already tagged it and done at least 20% dmg.

Atlas Haven: Except for the first day, the only red dots I've seen there are the ones trapped in the basement of the tower. (I think the colonists would appreciate a way to get into the tower to kill them off ;)

Fort Troy: Only green dots. Occasionally a red dot at end of radar.

Zychion: Nice for teams and probably ubers. But at my level most of the robots are too hard to take alone (eg warrior elite).

Wolverine: A lot of hunters around. It's huntable between 22:00-24:00 (and later) local time, before that it is what we usually would say "overhunted".

Nate Valley: From time to time nice spawn of (low-level) eviscs and (low-level) legionairs. Though, after have done a significant of damage to one of the mentioned and then getting killed by a Big Bulk that flies across the radar is frustrating (I get hit by about 80 dmg/sec by big bulks, so I could fap out one hit but not two fast hits in a row).

I try to do my share, but I know when I feel my time is used better doing other activities than stand in queue to bring down one of theese machines.

I can vividly remember the last two major robot attacks where RDI collected items and rewarded participants. In the first attack I got an item that awarded me some gold ingots and in that attack the top reward(s) was an Adj Warthog. The next attack we did not know what would be rewarded when the secret transmitters were looted and it turned out to be a PoE set. In both cases I hunted like mad, had fun and frustration but overall a good time.

We have been asking for events that can encompass various skills levels and be across the board where everyone can participate..............well here we are we an in the midst of that battle.

I have gone into this event to have fun and maybe loot something to do with the event. I knew long before the 21 parts it would be a slim chance I would get anything solo or in a team but its not out of the realm of possibilities since at one time I did loot a part that gave me a few gold ingots.

All I can do is give it my best shot and earn some skills maybe the tech will fall into my hands maybe it won't. Maybe it will take some team work to put together enough items to claim a set or maybe a fat wallet. I just know it would be worth pooling any items we get in AoW to claim a set. Yeah its a challenge, a challenge that may not yield the top prize results but you can't win if you don't play and this cross profession event will either take team work or someone willing to fork out the cash for the parts.

So I guess you need to ask yourself are you willing to team up to make it happen or fork out the cash or sell your looted parts? Its really up to the individual or individuals in a team

We are still early into this event and I would think anything can happen between now and when it ends. At least it is happening and anyone that can kill a drone 01 can participate in some way.

Now go kill some robots before they decimate the cities!

I can vividly remember the last two major robot attacks where RDI collected items and rewarded participants. In the first attack I got an item that awarded me some gold ingots and in that attack the top reward was an Adj Warthog. The next attack we did not know what would be rewarded when the secret transmitters were looted and it turned out to be a PoE set. In both cases I hunted like mad, had fun and frustration but overall a good time.

We have been asking for events that can encompass various skills levels and be across the board where everyone can participate..............well here we are we an in the midst of that battle.

I have gone into this event to have fun and maybe loot something to do with the event. I knew long before the 21 parts it would be a slim chance I would get anything solo or in a team but its not out of the realm of possibilities since at one time I did loot a part that gave me a few gold ingots.

All I can do is give it my best shot and earn some skills maybe the tech will fall into my hands maybe it won't. Maybe it will take some team work to put together enough items to claim a set or maybe a fat wallet. I just know it would be worth pooling any items we get in AoW to claim a set. Yeah its a challenge, a challenge that may not yield the top prize results but you can't win if you don't play and this cross profession event will either take team work or someone willing to fork out the cash for the parts.

So I guess you need to ask yourself are you willing to team up to make it happen or fork out the cash or sell your looted parts? Its really up to the individual or individuals in a team

We are still early into this event and I would think anything can happen between now and when it ends. At least it is happening and anyone that can kill a drone 01 can participate in some way.

As always Sirhc, very well put, and that's a +rep. ;)

I think it is a grerat idea the PoE requires 21 items:

* It enforces player communication & trading
* Chance to loot something exceptional is way higher for everyone
* It is less of a lottery, because it is imossible to loot each part by yourself
* Spreads the prize between more ppl, as some of the pieces must be bought

Very well done! :thumbup:

i agree! very well said.

What makes me frustrated is the spawns. It appears that most of the times, the governor has called out many more hunters than are needed to bring down the robots, except in a few places where it more comes to lack of equipment.

This is my experience so far:
Hadesheim C: At the time you have aimed at a robot to tag it, someone else has already tagged it and done at least 20% dmg.

Atlas Haven: Except for the first day, the only red dots I've seen there are the ones trapped in the basement of the tower. (I think the colonists would appreciate a way to get into the tower to kill them off ;)

Fort Troy: Only green dots. Occasionally a red dot at end of radar.

Zychion: Nice for teams and probably ubers. But at my level most of the robots are too hard to take alone (eg warrior elite).

Wolverine: A lot of hunters around. It's huntable between 22:00-24:00 (and later) local time, before that it is what we usually would say "overhunted".

Nate Valley: From time to time nice spawn of (low-level) eviscs and (low-level) legionairs. Though, after have done a significant of damage to one of the mentioned and then getting killed by a Big Bulk that flies across the radar is frustrating (I get hit by about 80 dmg/sec by big bulks, so I could fap out one hit but not two fast hits in a row).

I try to do my share, but I know when I feel my time is used better doing other activities than stand in queue to bring down one of theese machines.

Hi

Well I understand your frustration with the spawns in general and you are not alone. We are using new tools which need to be tweaked and we are monitoring things as they are to get the optimum performance as possible so
you will find them smoothing out over the week.

We will also create new "Arenas" for different hunting strategies which will make the existing war zones less "hectic".

Justin:)

Avery just looted exeptional contraction unit from seg,
so gues what is hidden in the ground if all items RDI needed are looted from bots/crafted

Avery just looted exeptional contraction unit from seg,
so gues what is hidden in the ground if all items RDI needed are looted from bots/crafted

I would think you could find any of the items in the ground :scratch: since "out of the ordinary" items looted in mining in the past have included unlimited amps and DNA parts. I don't think it would be hard to lot specific amount of items to be generated in that system but who knows how MA will do it. I just know I will keep on dropping them probes and bombs and see what pops up. Maybe the items will show up in the robot ships? That is how I would get robot parts into miner hands since it seems the easiest route.

This is true, I even tried a few of the baby ones North of Swamp Camp just in case. :)

…but you can't win if you don't play…
Well… actually, you can win a much better prize (Unique Land Area AND a Supremacy Armour Set) if you don’t play (‘just’ video record the ones who are playing). Sorry, had to say it again :D

Joking… I got over it already, so it’s all good MA.

We have a Video contest, a Robot War, and the 3x skill going on at the same time.

Not yet perfect?… ok, but surely it’s the best I’ve seen from MA so far.

I’ve never seen so much activity (and communication) from MA before and I believe this is also the first time (with all the above ongoing activities) that the Year End’s round of events is touching the entire player base of Entropia. (heck… even the ones who don’t play win… ooops :D).

Keep up the good work MA!

Miners are totally screwed! Thx MA!

Gl hunters!

Miners are totally screwed! Thx MA!

Gl hunters!

Seems like you are not paying attention in class... Miners can find items as well, miners get 3x skills as well, miners get as shitty loots as hunters... So in what area is miners screwed ? :wtg:

Removed :) Hit submit key twice!!

Last edited:
Seems to me that people have got way too many hangups about this PoE armor. Why not just enjoy the event? Would this have been any less fun without the possibility of a reward? I don't think so.

As far as PEDs go, if I have some, and want to, I run around Troy like an idiot shooting everything that moves. When I get fed up, I calm down and go and shoot something else. Simple. :rolleyes:

I love the event. I am encouraged by the MA communication. (And I am happy to wait for CE2 so that I can gain or lose PEDs in much higher quality!)

I demand that people be happy ;)

I have read whole thread and all what I can add to this discussion is:

first: I am very happy about these rules :) thats how I imagined this and I am glad to see it :)
This system means there will be about 200 winners :)
We will also create new "Arenas" for different hunting strategies which will make the existing war zones less "hectic"
amazing !! I hope we will see them soon and please write info about that as soon as possible :yay:

second: JohnnyBravo I am glad you finally stopped whining, your excitement about your discovery was immense because you expected to get POE which is worth about 80 maby less thousand peds and you assumed that you will get it BEFORE official statement about event system has been revealed, you assumed that WITHOUT knowing all rules.

After MA info about POE, you discovered, that item is worth mayby few k peds which only covers your loss during robot wars and this is a big disappointment for you, I can almost feel your frustartion.

My advice...do not get too excited :wtg:

(ps...I consider this post will be deleted because of flaming etc)

They got to be :censored: shitting me?
so to be able to get ONE POE you ned a shitload of components? not ONE thing as the last time????
So far ive gone trough 7 apis and repaired my damn karma killer like 10-15 times not to mention all the freakin ammo I wasted and I haven’t even looted one damn exceptional part yet. They can take this freakin robot war and :censored:up their :censored:hole.:mad::mad::mad::censored:

Sug mina svettiga nötter!:wise:

I would think you could find any of the items in the ground :scratch: since "out of the ordinary" items looted in mining in the past have included unlimited amps and DNA parts. I don't think it would be hard to lot specific amount of items to be generated in that system but who knows how MA will do it. I just know I will keep on dropping them probes and bombs and see what pops up. Maybe the items will show up in the robot ships? That is how I would get robot parts into miner hands since it seems the easiest route.

Perhaps so, but had 3 robot ships in the last 2 days and just res, and 1 beacon....

As Sirhc said,

We know the UL Mining amps were discovered in mining loot windows so it's possible...

Still looking. ;)

Seems like you are not paying attention in class... Miners can find items as well, miners get 3x skills as well, miners get as shitty loots as hunters... So in what area is miners screwed ? :wtg:

I`m not about skills or loots ....

MA told miners can get also robot tech but will they? :)

I have looked forum and have not found any post where miner got robot tech, so i think at end of event max 3 items will be found by miners.

I`m mining 10h day, spending 1.2k bombs (amped/ some not amped) atm and due to all these day i have got 2 out ordinary finds (1x hadisan, 1x angel scales), next out ordinary find will be after 2 days :D

In theory miners are involved in this even but in practice no chance.

Awesome Attitude

I can vividly remember the last two major robot attacks where RDI collected items and rewarded participants. In the first attack I got an item that awarded me some gold ingots and in that attack the top reward(s) was an Adj Warthog. The next attack we did not know what would be rewarded when the secret transmitters were looted and it turned out to be a PoE set. In both cases I hunted like mad, had fun and frustration but overall a good time.

Great attitude man you are right on the money +rep :)

I have looked forum and have not found any post where miner got robot tech, so i think at end of event max 3 items will be found by miners.

I`m mining 10h day, spending 1.2k bombs (amped/ some not amped) atm and due to all these day i have got 2 out ordinary finds (1x hadisan, 1x angel scales), next out ordinary find will be after 2 days :D

Graphic Cards were looted by hunters, miners and crafters, with 12 days left, there's plenty of time for parts to be dug up. :)

True, but we are only a few days into the event...lots of time yet. ;)

Relax, play the game, mine as you normally would, worry about your returns and the Special technology items will take care of themselves..maybe you'll get lucky, maybe not.....But stressing over it seems a bit of a waste of time...imo of course. :twocents: GL

True, but we are only a few days into the event...lots of time yet. ;)

Relax, play the game, mine as you normally would, worry about your returns and the Special technology items will take care of themselves..maybe you'll get lucky, maybe not.....But stressing over it seems a bit of a waste of time...imo of course. :twocents: GL

Thats what I`m dooing ... :wtg:

Here we goes again . . .

Edit: for a short time i hoped that MA suddenly had lost their greed and wanted to make the game functional again . . . But this only shows they will never change. The information around events like this also allways sucks and gives more confusion then useful information.

How many ppl are pissed?

Sorry to dispute you, my disciple, but when they said that items would be dropping, they never said it would be a 1 for 1 trade for armor.

The "set" collection idea is kinda fun, but you can see how valuable the 15, 5, and 1 set pieces are going to be, especially once we start seeing what people get back for turning them in.

Possibly. But I got an exc. lense from a Warrior 07, so if it works like that, I guess you would have to kill really huge stuff (or huge crafting hof or high level bp or big mining hof) to get the contraction parts.

Yep, normal lens drops from warriors 06+, normally 05 and below are just weapon sights for the most part lower maturity & optics units moreso from 04 - 05s.

Contraction units looted in the past from high gen warriors and lower end segs 01s - 03s ? never killed one so not sure on the segs, going off entropiawiki.com on the standard variant drops.

Considering how loot bands work, since I also get weapon sights from high end drones 07 - 10 and extremely rarely optic units from 09 - 10 drones.

I would say, contraction parts would loot from the loot band that would belong to challenges equal to high gen warriors 09 - 10, mid range Legionaires 04 - 06, lower end segs 01 - 03, troopers I am not sure how to measure in comparison, 01-03 troopers loot items in the same band as 05 - 07 drones, so I would guess high end troopers 06 - 08, maybe 09 - 10.

Not able to take on 09 - 10 troopers just yet with my tusty lvl 11 assil mace, but can handle 07 troopers without too much trouble, bit of fapping involved, but good dodge helps :D

So your most likely right in terms of crafting, one would have to find the compariable loot table band (challenge degree) for the item drops, ie. recipe lvls.

BTW Zen, your looting of the exc lens,
was that a robot in a normal zone or at one of the event spawn locations ?

Last edited:
id say having nothing to strive for since skills matter very little compared to returns would be just as damaging to a "skillbased game" wouldnt you?

Totally agree with you here Optima,

I am not against what you have said in your posts, not at all.

I am more interested in what will draw people into the event in a fair & balanced manner, not only for loot potential, but to make all feel that they were a good part of the action with the associated (And as you have put it, scalable) chances to loot all components in the event, in the hope that this motivates & inspires them to continue their progress within Entropia for future events in time to come;

Rather than them taking the attitude, I will never have a chance to loot any of the components, I will just waste a lot of PED for nothing, whine, whine, yadda.

No one enjoys this, if anything it can kill off a lower end participant and even to some degree mid level participants future drive to excel.

The group thing is fine too, though not all are willing to group, or are still levelling up to an acceptable level to feel that they can contrbute to group based activities, rather than being the weakest link, feeling that they are pulling the team behind.

What i wrote was a question though, mostly to know if we should just leave the big stuff to tear down zychion on their own, since losing 1000peds extra per day hunting that kind of mobs makes very little sense if your chances are based on how many mobs you kill... leaving you with less chances to loot something fun since it takes minutes to kill lets say a "The Eviscerator" compared to the 3-4 seconds it takes me to kill a drone 01...

Yep true, though for this event, it would be nice to see the rare drop of a Contraction unit hunted or crafted, come in the form of a HoF from an unexpected lower maturity/crafting level than the loot band challenge the item would normally belong to.

This will add a little spice and motivation to the mix, in that, yes it is possible to get these items from the 'Not the Norm' levels of challenges.

Take Care,
Sparkz

If you consider 57.5 as uber then yes, cant argue with that.

At least semi uber, requiring current day newcomers roughly 2 years of ~ 4 to 6 hours a day activity to level to that level, if they only concentrate on blp handgun as their profession each and every day for the period.

(4 hours with sibs, closer to 6 hours with higher economy of scale non sibs items)

Considering with sibs you have to start out with low decay, low dps, low rate of skilling (low economy of scale items) and work your way up.

I am afraid the easier skill curve of the old days is long gone, it is a hell of a lot harder to level now ... well it just takes longer :D

So yea, X5+ your starting to hit into the realms of the uber (L) gear

~ Sparkz

Last edited:
Back