EBN: RDI searching for new robot technology

Final Robot War event information to be clarified by MA for the community.

Hi

Well I understand your frustration with the spawns in general and you are not alone. We are using new tools which need to be tweaked and we are monitoring things as they are to get the optimum performance as possible so
you will find them smoothing out over the week.

We will also create new "Arenas" for different hunting strategies which will make the existing war zones less "hectic".

Justin:)

Hi Justin,

Still catching up on posts,

Sounds interesting.

The community is just waiting on one final point of clarification
(Well 2 since the mining part is still assumed)

Does this mean all robots have the chance to loot items from all over Calypso, or are we still looking at spawns in designated areas only for the duration of the event ?

(Until all 15 sets have been claimed)

You guys have done a good job with clarifying what is needed to obtain the prize, now we just need to know how and where we can focus our efforts, to the degree each participant is capable of.

A more distributed approach across all localities upon Calypso would be nice to make everyone happy, especially since the crafting loot and still *assumed* mining loot (CND included ?) can be obtained from any locality across Calypso;

So it would only be reasonable to allow this to hold true for the hunted loot too, to keep everyone happy.

~ Sparkz

Last edited:
Does this mean all robots have the chance to loot items from all over Calypso, or are we still looking at spawns in designated areas only for the duration of the event ?

If you read my reply in the "uber"-thread you will see that we won't answer that, as this is part of the storyline and the excitement to figure things out for oneself. Uncertainty is part of Calyspo life.

This is what I wrote in the thread:

---
This are the basic framework FPC will work with.

When we have events that are more like competitions all rules are shown beforehand. These events cater more to the brain and mind of the participant.

When we have events tied into dramatic storylines information is released in a way that promotes drama, speculation, excitement and a little bit of frustration. The way that causes emotions to kick in. Right now there is a terrible war going on, fighting for the survivial of the human colony of Calypso. This is drama. It is desperation. It is ingame storyline. New information will be released in an ingame fashion, based on dramatic curves and story arcs. These events cater more to the heart and soul of the participant.

So I disagree fully on the assumption that it is "bad planning". All events are different and caters to different participant needs and wants - some wants a cold business analytical gameplan, some wants the unexplored excitement of not knowing what is going on, and just wants to be part of a "page-turner" experience.
---

If you read my reply in the "uber"-thread you will see that we won't answer that, as this is part of the storyline and the excitement to figure things out for oneself. Uncertainty is part of Calyspo life.

:) Got me, just came back from making coffee, still catching up on posts, that was my next stop, 5.25am here you know ;)

Thanks for the update.

So I disagree fully on the assumption that it is "bad planning". All events are different and caters to different participant needs and wants - some wants a cold business analytical gameplan, some wants the unexplored excitement of not knowing what is going on, and just wants to be part of a "page-turner" experience.
---

I agree with what you wrote, ok so it is not bad planning, though Justin's reply to if it drinks oil, then take it down can be interupted to all robots everywhere.

If people find out after blowing away 5k ped in the first few days that it is robots in only designated areas, wether this information be read by them personally from the forums, or passed on as word of mouth from the perception of those who have read the forum to others;

Reality check

5k PED = 500 USD = 4,000 Swedish Karona

This is not chicken feed by any means, how much does the average support staff at MindArk earn in a week ? or the receptionist ?

Where do you think this will leave participant 'state of further involvement' in the page-turning experience after they find out they have wasted their hard earnt real life money in the wrong area ?

Especially in this time of real world economic crisis where participants access to spare funds in their budgets is a lot more restricted than it has ever been in the past, along with a greater majority struggling to keep up with their level of involvement in Entropia as it is.

It will pretty much be a closed book senario for a lot of people wouldn't you say ?

Even if this closed book senario is for a few days to a week, it still adversely effects the overall spirit of the community in the whine threads, complaint threads which gain momentum rather quickly these days and add to a potentially larger negative impact upon the event than what would be normal.

Maybe your looking for such challenges in business, but when it involves real life money, especially when it can adversely effect that which your trying to promote (Deposits & spending those deposits in actively participating);

Not great business sense wouldn't you say ?

Look in all seriousness, I agree with what you have written, I agree with keeping people interested, with the added spice of assumption creating chaos;

Yet at the same time, be careful in to which direction such things can lead and quickly turn into un-expected mayhem.

I see you managing these risks, it just concerns me the amount of screaming I have heard on IRC, and from people in a negative fashion, rather than a positive one lifting the community spirit to get involved.

Chaos is nice, and it is all part of the entropic state of entropia, but it would be nice to see the event actually lift off the ground in higher spirits than what this one has thus far, and a little more care with misleading/vague comments that can lead to large financial loss from MindArk officials can go a long way to help with this.

Just remember your playing GOD with other people's money, screw them over, even if it was un-intentional, you also screw to some small degree, yourself, FPC/MA and all other participants within the Calypso economy committed to being involved with the service (even in the tough times) for the long-term, over in the process. (Which all adds up over time if it continues to reoccur)

Just my 2pecs mate.

Sparkz

PS. Not sure if you keep up to date with the daily economic news in world's top 5 economics.

Yesterday, the worlds second largest economy, and one of the most wealthiest, Japan, announced that it would be laying off 8,000 employees from one of it's economic powerhouses, Sony.

This is a definite benchmark for a worsening situation in the world economic crisis when such large scale lay-offs are announced by the world's wealthiest economies.

Not to mention China is now running well below it's required 8% growth upon GDP with the 25 million new chinese added to the population each year to keep the economy going.

It is currently down to 7.5%, which is very much a crisis tipping point for them, if it gets any lower than this, we are going to see another wave of problems in countries that are heavily dependant upon the growth of their economy.

This I might add includes many asian countries in the region along with other major raw material & energy producers such as Australia, Africa, The Middle East and Europian producers alike.

In today's economic news, World-wide resource producer Rio Tinto has officially announced a large-scale lay-off of 14,000 out of the 97,000 workers they employ world-wide.

The list grows day by day, the economic crisis we are in right now;

Mate, the storm has not even hit yet, we are just seeing it on the horizon heading for us.

Keep this firmly in your mind when you plan your *in-touch* strategies for FPC.
(Including those which are page-turning)

Note : Please see this as keeping you in touch, a CEO out of touch with such things will only lead a destructive manner in which they conduct their business, especially when it comes to financial systems involving other people's money.

Last edited:
First thing to say - I think it is a great event - I love 1 for 3 skill bonus and bots omg you have done it great this time some new one some big ones and some damn huges ones that take very big team of great fighters to deal with.

Big thumb up for you MA.

Thou (ofc) i miss some better spawn - i dont want to stand still for too long waiting fot the next spawn. I want to wast my peds faster pls.

About the event - hmm a shame you told information about what items to collect to get a PoE. But if that was in the storyline then what the heck. I liked the feeling to be close to a PoE armor set. Now I can hardly see that in the horisont any more. Never mind its a cool event.

Now 15 set of PoE is going to be handed out. Hmmm who will be able to get it. To me I think those 15 that want it has to pay something between 50k up to 150k depending of how good they are to trade and keep things secret. So my best guess is that max 8-10 sets will be handed over to a single avarta.

Lets now sit back and see what marked will say to this.

Right now i just say fuck the PoE and go do you duty - go kills those robots.

KILL THEM ALL TAKE NO PRISONERS

and good bless you poor soul​

BTW Zen, your looting of the exc lens,
was that a robot in a normal zone or at one of the event spawn locations ?

Xen.

The answer to your question (in general) was posted in a thread here on ef before I even looted mine.

Xen.

The answer to your question (in general) was posted in a thread here on ef before I even looted mine.

Ok so your going to make me sift through all those threads for it, passing through dozens upon dozens of negative posts to get to what I am looking for rather than answering the question ?

Fine, if you enjoy continuous negative rants from me due to the impact of reading all the negativity from others.

EDIT : Thanks for the directions. Sorted in PM.

Sorry to have been a pain, but I think I have had my share of negativity & being whined to from others, to last me for quite some time now. :D

Last edited:

This is what I wrote in the thread:

---
This are the basic framework FPC will work with.

When we have events that are more like competitions all rules are shown beforehand. These events cater more to the brain and mind of the participant.

When we have events tied into dramatic storylines information is released in a way that promotes drama, speculation, excitement and a little bit of frustration. The way that causes emotions to kick in. Right now there is a terrible war going on, fighting for the survivial of the human colony of Calypso. This is drama. It is desperation. It is ingame storyline. New information will be released in an ingame fashion, based on dramatic curves and story arcs. These events cater more to the heart and soul of the participant.

---
:) I understand you Marco
the only problem concerning storylines is that...big part of Entropia community is seriously thinking about money and lossing peds they deposited in effect produces whining/flaming/bad planning/etc posts.

Partially I understand them, they deposited here to have som fun and mayby profit as one of Entropia Universe watchword says: "you can earn real money by participating in the online virtual universe" (or something like that)

Unfortunatelly as long as magical thing called RCE exists, money stands in the first line of elements affecting experience :)

cheers :cool:

Ok so your going to make me sift through all those threads for it, passing through dozens upon dozens of negative posts to get to what I am looking for rather than answering the question ?

That's what I did...

Fine, if you enjoy continuous negative rants from me due to the impact of reading all the negativity from others.

How is that different? :D

Anyway, I replied to your pm with the info. Now please reward my kindness by shortening your posts. :eyecrazy:

Subscribing for recip.. :scratch2:

S V ;)

Oops, sorry Xen I get you confused with my soc mate in the AW society.
I do the same to him and call him Xen haha ! :ahh:

And yes, I will try to make posts more brief :)

Not easy but I shall try since a lot of thought and energy goes into many of them. Hard for Swedenglish readers to decrypt if they are too long anyway :D

Last edited:
Where is the RDI place we are to take the sample set too? I have no clue.

Look around Port Atlantis ;)

The RDI Building in PA? Are the going to start stationing someone there full time in case a colonist should assemble the set or do you think they will post a sign in the window advising of their business hours :)

My fellow Colonist, simply take the full set to "Dibbler's Fantastical Emporium" at the turret at Swamp Camp or CND control room NE wall and allow 24 hours for delivery. :wtg:

Terry Pratchet FTW :yay:

<<Long rant warning, made some parts bold to make it easier to get the main points don't read if you think all criticism is whining>>

We aim for excitment and not frustration. =)

Well Marco i fear you didn't succeed as far as many people are concerned.

When the event started many people, me included, thought that you would have the chance to loot the special component and get POE (like it was in the last event where POE was handed out if i remember correctly)
Now it seems you need to loot 21 parts or buy them and that seems impossible. I've been doing the event since it started and i already spent my full normal monthly EU budget and i didn't loot even one part.

I will continue playing because there's at least the 3x skill gain but it seems now that the chance of actually getting your hands on a set of POE is limited to the people with a fat wallet once again.

And if i think about it there's an even bigger problem beneath the surface which is the reason why people where so eager for a chance to get POE.

Does it never occur to you guys at MA that the people who have been playing for a while and are not millionaires are becoming more and more frustrated because there is no chance for the average player with a normal income to progress equipment-wise after a certain point?

You have allowed the hyper-inflation of good guns and armors to get to a point where people with a normal income just can't afford to buy jaguar angel, ml-35 etc while people who can spent a fortune or saw it coming or started early enough already own that kind of equipment.

Don't you realise that a major motivational factor in every MMO (and also in the "Entropia Universe" if you care for the distinction) is the chance to progress and that the progress pretty much stops with ghost + 5b and P5A for many people nowadays?

Limited items are nice and well but they don't give people the warm cozy feeling of actually owning a good piece of equipment because they're gone if you use them, and even a medium skill requirement L rifle is gone after 3 or 4 long evenings of hunting and that costs the same amount of money for this gun alone as subscription based MMOs cost for a whole month of playing.
Also as long as the cool unlimited items still exist it is natural that new participants will want to have a chance of getting them.
In every other MMO if you invest enough time you have a chance to be one of the ubers with uber skills and uber equipment, in EU as it is now you have a chance to be somewhere in the upper middle-class at best after the skill nerfs (that's why, on the bright side, the 3x skill gain for the event duration is a great idea).

I fully realize that it is very hard to make adjustments, especially when high end items cost a lot of rl money and that taking steps against the current hyper-inflation (yes i mean more item-drops) might make some people angry who have paid a lot for those items, but i seriously think that in the long run the playing-field needs to be made a little bit more even, Cryengine alone isn't gonna motivate people to stay.

As it is now, if you start out with EU you can do some low level hunting, then you can do some mid-level hunting or still low-level hunting for less peds per hour and then you have the choice of either spending a lot of money for equipment or stay with the mid-level hunting forever.

Now what i don't get is why it would be bad if more people had better guns and armor which would enable them to go after the big mobs ?
It's not like going after bigger mobs would guarantee all of them an ath and MA would be bankrupt. Correct me if i'm wrong but i don' think high-level hunting is cheaper?
And why would it be so bad if there where 50 people in PVP4 who could afford Eon and ML-35 and shoot at each other instead of 2 people, one looking for other pkers and one mining and tp'ing out at once if the other should find him by chance? Would generate more ammo burn and decay, wouldn't it?

I don't believe it has to be the way it is now for EU to work.
Reading about items worth 50K USD may attract some people to EU but why would it make them stay and deposit?
Having fun is what makes them stay and deposit but atm in EU the fun stops after a while when you hit the wall.

So why don't we have more events and more item drops, then people wouldn't need to be so desperate to loot something nice and there wouldn't be so much reason for frustration because "you never get something nice"?

Ofcourse i can't tell you how to run your business, i'm just asking you to think about it.
If i look at me, i've been playing for a few years now but i am starting to look for alternatives, and i don't mean chipping out hunting and chipping in engineering and chipping in hunting again after getting bored, i already tried that ;) and i still think EU or Planet Calypso has great potential but atm i don't recommend EU to my friends because it is too frustrating and too expensive (and it looks too much like gambling, also because of the high markup of some items you "might" loot if you are "lucky" perhaps?)

So long story short, events are good :yay: chances to gain skills faster are good :yay: now you only need to let people loot something nice from time to time and there can be a golden future for Planet Crytopia.

I never fully expected the lense I looted to be an even trade for the POtE after reading all the info available. Sure my lense may be worth something as is but I would personally have preferred there to have been 15 items to loot, each item was good for a set. I probably would not have looted this item in that scenario but needing 21 pieces puts it completely out of my reach. What incentive is there for participating in the robor war? We all know looting all of the pieces will be nearly impossible and people are going to have to purchase to complete a sample set. I get frustrated to think I will be a mid-level player forever, going up to the next level of equipment is not something I can afford. Yeah, yeah I know that is my problem, no one elses.

With that said I am an idiot and I always have loved bot hunting and the storyline is to my liking. I will keep hunting bots at the invasion zones because I think it is fun.

I think the event with the skill bonus and POE armor sets is fun and I'd like to thank MA for providing us with new and interesting events.

If there was one thing I would have rather seen with this POE event is more options on the prize(s). Instead of only the uber POE armor perhaps in a future event several prizes could be offered.

So if one had three pieces they could trade them for a lower level armor or item or whatever and if they had 5 pieces an even better item and so on. This might help keep more interest in the event as everyone would have a chance of getting an event prize.

Other then that I am having fun with the event and think it's great.

Specifically, RDI needs the following items:
Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit
Exceptional Robot Hyper Charger
Exceptional Robot Optical Lense
Corrupt Contraction Unit Blueprint
Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprint
Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprint

If you are in possession of these particular items, please hold on to them.

Damn shouldn't have sold them to TT, they had no market value and looked like TT food :ahh:

On a more serious note: do they actually drop from any robot, including the old ones, or only from the new invaders around those new motherships ?
Too bad they don't drop from other mobs aswell ... i mean a trox could have eaten a robot which had this technology, so if i kill the trox ...

A nice "Marshall plan". Time-frame is a bit too short tho considering rl facts. I expect more to come.

Limited items are nice and well but they don't give people the warm cozy feeling of actually owning a good piece of equipment because they're gone if you use them, and even a medium skill requirement L rifle is gone after 3 or 4 long evenings of hunting and that costs the same amount of money for this gun alone as subscription based MMOs cost for a whole month of playing.
Also as long as the cool unlimited items still exist it is natural that new participants will want to have a chance of getting them.

I agree I have never been a big fan of the L system as it was implemented. I think it could have been used to enhance the current repairable system but that is just my opinion and food for another thread. I also agreed with many parts of your post and I think you are not alone in many aspects. I can't speak for the majority of participants in EU. I think there are plenty of people finding alternative ways in EU to advance and progress and its not always with a trust fund or going into credit card debt.

In every other MMO if you invest enough time you have a chance to be one of the ubers with uber skills and uber equipment, in EU as it is now you have a chance to be somewhere in the upper middle-class at best after the skill nerfs (that's why, on the bright side, the 3x skill gain for the event duration is a great idea).

I agree that the skill compression does slow people up. It slowed up my skill advancement goals when it was implemented. Did I stop skilling? nope. Did I eventually reach my goals? yes and I am still working towards others. EU is not like other MMOs IMO. You can invest time and money in EU. How you invest money and your time is completely up to you. There is no set path or road to getting what you want or finding ways to make money nor do you have to continually fork out monthly fees to keep your avatar active after its maxed. Sure depositing a lot of cash can fast track your avatar but the real shining spot about EU is that if you know how to work it out you can achieve your goals within your budget or figure out a way to spend very little if anything. Yeah you might fail, I know I have done it on many occasion but each failure is a learning step in what not to do next time.

There are opportunities happening today in EU that people who start later on will gripe about not having or say those "Pre CE2 people had an unfair advantage" There are ways to achieve your goals in EU without spending a fortune but they are not easy and not always easy to see nor should they be. There is no linear if I spend X amount of time I will have Y items and Z skills and be considered uber. In a way I sort of like that since it makes people think or at least it should be :scratch:

I have been learning and still learning about PE/EU for over four years now. I have deposited and made withdrawls. I have achieve some goals and given up on others although I might revisit them some other day. PED I made in EU(not deposited) allowed me to acquire a PoE set (that I really really wanted) since I did not loot a secret transmitter in that robot event. I see a lot of people at all levels making it in EU and they are usually the ones who never or rarely post in the forums. It may be hard to advance in EU but its not impossible. It may be hard to collect all the necessary items for PoE but its not impossible. It may very well take some "out of the box" thinking this time to make it happen but it will happen and you can either throw your hands up and say "All the fat wallets will win" or figure out another way and try to make it happen whether your succeed or fail it will always lead to more insight into EU as a whole.

Does anyone know if there will be more then needed amounts of the components droped? By that I mean will there be more then 225 exceptional robotic lenses that will drop? So that after the event and the 15 Poe sets are turned in there will be left over parts in peoples inventory with no value?

I just want to know if its worth holding onto the more common parts when its really just the contraction units that will determine who loots the armor?

Does anyone know if there will be more then needed amounts of the components droped? By that I mean will there be more then 225 exceptional robotic lenses that will drop? So that after the event and the 15 Poe sets are turned in there will be left over parts in peoples inventory with no value?

I just want to know if its worth holding onto the more common parts when its really just the contraction units that will determine who loots the armor?

JohnnyBravo - don't assume that there is a finite number of samples to be found. ,-)

We aim for excitment and not frustration. =)

(and no, I won't go into more specifics than this, it is an ingame event after all, and not a contest - as explained in a thread elsewhere)

It's clear to me that there will be more than 225 Optical Lenses and 75 Hyper Chargers but I doubt about Contraction Units, more than 15 would be a big issue (mega frustration for those with 16, 17 and so on) :)

Ofcours no one outside MA/FPC knows. But I would guess, based on Marcos hints, there will be more drops then needed for the POE-sets. But there is nothing saying the parts will not have other uses in the future. So if I looted one I'd hold on to it... uless offered a very large sum of PED's ofcours :)

So... lets just says, theoretically :silly2:, that one has all the parts collected, what does one do now? How/where do we trade these in Marco?

Considering it says that the scientists need these parts to study to to gain knowledge regarding the robot technology id guess the sooner the better? also since we dont know when the invasionattempt stops...? :)

Well, we can easily test this theory.

Avery has the key item, and I am sure he can get the rest of the crap for a few K PED.

Perhaps he can just contact RDI (Marco) and see if he can get his POE already, would be cool to see that (although I am puzzled how he will wear 2:)

I think there are plenty of people finding alternative ways in EU to advance and progress and its not always with a trust fund or going into credit card debt.
I agree that the skill compression does slow people up. It slowed up my skill advancement goals when it was implemented. Did I stop skilling? nope. Did I eventually reach my goals? yes and I am still working towards others. EU is not like other MMOs IMO..

Well i agree that EU is different from the usual MMO and this isn't at all bad, but i still think there's room for improvement.
Of course the skill compression doesn't keep you from skilling and eventually reaching goals, but the fact remains that you will need to spend an enourmous amount of time and/or money to even get close to a level were old-schoold players are now (i guess we can agree that we are talking about years of hardcore-hunting here). Just look up what it would cost a new player to chip in avoidance or combat sense for example and you'll get a rough idea of the costs involved. Surely you can achieve goals with a limited budget but then your goals also have to be limited. And even if you invest a lot of time to skill instead of chipping in you will still be missing the good equipment.

And as much i agree with you that there are opportunities and things to keep yourself busy or improve your avatar, i still think with the current balancing, the current skill progress and the current droprate of items MA isn't doing themselves a favor.
No offense, but i am not even sure if an AoW member can really understand the situation of the newbies and stuck mid-level players.

In the current situation we have a very small circle of ubers, a small group of semi-ubers, a lot of medium-skilled players and according to my gut feeling and that of other people we have a decreasing number of newbies :(

I think we agree that the Cryengine update is a huge opportunity for Mindark, but i think we can also agree that there are a lot of people who are expecting a lot more then just improved graphics with this update or shortly thereafter.
We all know people who only stick around to see how it will be after the update and the worst-case scenario i have in mind is Planet Calypso going live with the Cryengine update and no further changes to speak of.
If there are no changes for the average player i fear that a lot of them just won't see the point anymore.

I believe you when you say that you know people who made it without depositing lots of money, but tbh my experiences are different.
Everyone i have known who has made it to really good skills and equipment has either deposited shitloads of money or in one case i know has had an ATH, so for my part i assume that you can surely optimize your strategy but to become really good at anything you will require an insane amount of money or you need to get lucky.
But the average player will not go on depositing forever just on the assumption that one day he will get lucky.
So basically i fear that if there are no changes we will lose a good portion of the mid-level playerbase.
Surely a lot of new people will join because they are attracted by the improved graphics, but after a while they will also be in the same situation many of us are now, skillgains become terribly slow and better equipment is terribly expensive, so the daily playing experience becomes dull.

I fail to see why Ma would take no steps to make sure those new players and the current mid-level players are motivated to stay in EU. And the thing to achieve that is a constant skill progression (it doesn't have to be uber in a year but it has to be quicker and cheaper then uber in 10 years after spending 20 K USD) and the opportunity to improve your equipment (again, it doesn't have to be ML-35 for 20 USD but why does it have to be 1500-1700 USD?) :mad:

At the moment a newbie can loot pixie or goblin fairly easy, perhaps even shogun, but that's about it. How many people do you know that looted all parts for even just vigi by themselves? (and i'm not even getting started about how people loot the wrong gender item for themselves or how only EU alone manages to make the gender selection in the beginning an important decision for the possibility to get armor sets cheaper). And when was the last time someone looted an ML?
If everything stays as it is now Planet Calypso will have a short hype after the cryengine update and then we (or the new players who come with Cryengine) will be in exactly the same situation and sooner or later that just won't be enough anymore.

EU can be played as an MMO or it can be used to gamble (i know MA doesn't like to hear that but if people with next to no skills have the opportunity to spent 2 K USD on clicking OA101 and possibly ATH that's gambling in my book) and at the moment it's just going too much in the gambling direction for my taste (less averages loots, higher ATHs, Uber items which drop uber rarely but can be sold at uber prices).

It would be good to remember those of us who are here for the mmo part.
Keep in mind that at the moment there are not many alternatives for people who want to spent some quality time online in a science fiction setting, but there are a few high-profile Scifi-MMOs in the making, so now would be a good time for MA to get their shit together and take steps to make some improvements.
It isn't enough to take premium money, you also have to give people a premium experience if you expect them to continue giving you money.

Well i agree that EU is different from the usual MMO and this isn't at all bad, but i still think there's room for improvement.
Of course the skill compression doesn't keep you from skilling and eventually reaching goals, but the fact remains that you will need to spend an enourmous amount of time and/or money to even get close to a level were old-schoold players are now (i guess we can agree that we are talking about years of hardcore-hunting here). Just look up what it would cost a new player to chip in avoidance or combat sense for example and you'll get a rough idea of the costs involved. Surely you can achieve goals with a limited budget but then your goals also have to be limited. And even if you invest a lot of time to skill instead of chipping in you will still be missing the good equipment.

My avas birthday is on th 3th January, will close my first year then.
True, in the beginning one is too much used from other MMORPGs to skill up as fast as possible and one is surprised how costy that is.
I also took some minor shortcuts via chipping, simply could not stand killing only snables and exos anymore. After 2000 skillpoints chipping was no option anymore because it is simply too and also at that level one can already hunt most mobs with the right outfit.
Get to level 100 is surely the main goal from the beginning, but as longer as I skill up, the less I am looking at that level. It's now rather the next skill unlock and even though they do not come as fast as they came in the beginning, I am in no hurry any more.
I think the main problem is really for most to get ASAP to the level cap, which is almost impossible here. Simply makes almost no difference if you are level 100 or 101 or 200. EU is scheduled for real hardcore long play, probably even our grandchildren will not be able to reach level 200.
But also it is for a "game" the best time investment, your skill are really worth something if you chip out (even if the prices are falling right now).

Reactions: 711
Back