EF Rules Discussion

Status
Anyways, fed or not fed...discussing rules on EF never changed anything except you bring money...so why not close this thread? It's useless, isnt it?

Peace
Actually, you are wrong about that. Since I have taken over the forum, and started this thread, several rules have in fact been changed based on member feedback and suggestions, such as the avatar images rule, along with other adjusted wording of existing rules.

I have noticed a few threads pop up regarding a sexual predator on the loose in EU, and being deleted as fast as they can be typed.

Knowing who that avatar is, and who he associates with (or more to the point, the ages of those he associates with), and knowing the fact that these underage individuals are popping up like crazy with gear that no normal teenager would ever hope to be able to afford, I cant help but wonder why the Moderators here would so quickly delete posts that could possibly serve as a warning to other underage boys.

Where is it in the rules that states that one may not name known sexual predators who already have a history in EU of supplying minors with extremely expensive gear. In my part of the world, nothing comes without a price.

So, Mods, I ask you, why would you delete such important posts? Do you want sexual predators to run free within EU and here on EF? Do you want them to be able to use both as tools to lure in other underage boys?

I have never criticized the way the forum is run, and have actually been one of the most vocal supporters of the fact that this is indeed a privately owned forum, and thus subject to the whims of the owner. This however, is over the top for me. When a known sexual predator is on the loose and is very obviously using EU as a tool to get what he wants, and the staff of EF simply deletes any posts referring to his in game or real life identity, I feel that I must bow out of this once wonderful forum. Good luck to all.

Where is it in the rules that states that one may not name known sexual predators who already have a history in EU of supplying minors with extremely expensive gear. In my part of the world, nothing comes without a price.

So, Mods, I ask you, why would you delete such important posts? Do you want sexual predators to run free within EU and here on EF? Do you want them to be able to use both as tools to lure in other underage boys?

I have never criticized the way the forum is run, and have actually been one of the most vocal supporters of the fact that this is indeed a privately owned forum, and thus subject to the whims of the owner. This however, is over the top for me. When a known sexual predator is on the loose and is very obviously using EU as a tool to get what he wants, and the staff of EF simply deletes any posts referring to his in game or real life identity, I feel that I must bow out of this once wonderful forum. Good luck to all.

I know it sounds tempting, but it is not that easy. What you mention has been subject of discussion for many many decades, probably even centuries.

There is a reason why there is no pillory, as you suggest. What a pillory brings as advantages and disadvantage have been shown in the past and present. Today, the right of the individual and the overall protection of the society is, believe it or not, the reason why there is none.

While a pillory seems to sound to a good idea at first, the sideeffects are desastreous. Mistakes can be done, also by chosing who to "announce". History shows that it leads always, really always, to biased harrassment and that it is always in a later stage abused and innocents gets hurt. Not to mention that people change over time, can be rehabilitated, and other things. By applying a pillory, you are denying that person all future. Once you are in such a pillory, your life is ruined. And you could be innocent! That can happen, it has happened and it will happen again. Witchhunts are the final result and that too happens all the time - even now, today, in so called civilisated countries sometimes, unfortunately. They are considered although a "bad idea", by experience of history, because they also open many doors, where real terror awaits its release, but this time it does not strike just the guilty ones.

So, in other words, I understand completely the actions of the Moderators and I salute them. They are well thought through and learnt from history. It is better for the greater good and wellness of a society, no matter if it is a country or, like here, a community.

Last edited:
I know it sounds tempting, but it is not that easy. What you mention has been subject of discussion for many many decades, probably even centuries.

There is a reason why there is no pillory, as you suggest. What a pillory brings as advantages and disadvantage have been shown in the past and present. Today, the right of the individual and the overall protection of the society is, believe it or not, the reason why there is none.

While a pillory seems to sound to a good idea at first, the sideeffects are desastreous. Mistakes can be done, also by chosing whim to announce. History shows that it leads always, really always, to biased harrassment and that it is always in a later stage abused and innocents gets hurt. Not to mention that people change over time, can be rehabilitated, and other things. By applying a pillory, you are denying that person all future. Once you are in such a pillory, your life is ruined. And you could be innocent! That can happen, it has happened and it will happen again. Witchhunts are the final result and that too happens all the time - even now, today, in so called civilisated countries sometimes, unfortunately. They are considered although a "bad idea", by experience of history, because they also open many doors, where real terror awaits its release, but this time it does not strike just the guilty ones.

So, in other words, I understand completely the actions of the Moderators and I salute them. They are well thought through and learnt from history. It is better for the greater good and wellness of a society, no matter if it is a country or, like here, a community.

I think If you knew more details, you would re think your post.

Now, to me, I think it is essential that what was posted is known.

this afterall, is a community site. Whether it be privately owned or now. The purpose of these posts were to make everyone aware of this person. Now, this could be like a name & shame, but it is not. This is different to a scammer thread, if you would like to comapre it to one.

This time, the evidence is there. It has been proven in a court of law. Now the only thing that stands to question, is the photos. Are they the same person. To any sane player in this community, the answer is yes.

Now, Im not sure If you mind me saying, 711, but In PM, he told me it was not him that deleted these threads. Also, JimmyB, and Kjtel both haven't logged on today. This leaves Skam and Mindbuster. Skam, who has logged on, and Mindbuster, who does not show as logged on, therefore has no last time seen information. This is before you start mentally hanging people. I believe justice comes where deserved, no need to try and apply it to times where it is not deserved ;)

now with this in mind, we need to ask these 2. To me, these posts broke no rules. Especially mine, which gave no names, and did not show Ter on the photo, which I cropped, leaving the other person...

If someone as dangerous as this lurks in a high place in our community, i believe we should be allowed to know. People have children playing this game, and It makes me sick that they could run into this person, without anyone knowing. Like even the parents that play themselves.

Now in what way does this not belong in the EntropiaForum. After all, he is is Entropia, and threatens entropians. Give me on godamn good reason.

I have noticed a few threads pop up regarding a sexual predator on the loose in EU, and being deleted as fast as they can be typed.

Knowing who that avatar is, and who he associates with (or more to the point, the ages of those he associates with), and knowing the fact that these underage individuals are popping up like crazy with gear that no normal teenager would ever hope to be able to afford, I cant help but wonder why the Moderators here would so quickly delete posts that could possibly serve as a warning to other underage boys.

A few misconceptions:

EF is in no way "protecting" or condoning sexual abuse or the types of activities detailed in the articles that were linked. However, we have a very stringent rule on EntropiaForum regarding the posting of real-life personal information about members or EntropiaUniverse participants. Because EntropiaUniverse is a virtual universe, linking of avatars with real names, identities, activities etc. is both a legal and security risk.

Secondly, it is my understanding that neither of the participants identified participate in EntropiaUniverse any longer, and in fact a third party is actively selling off their avatar items and skills. Thus, there is no need to "protect the EU community" from a sexual predator, as it now seems that the accused (and/or convicted, I don't know all the details of the situation) sexual offender is no longer active in EntropiaUniverse.

While the information detailed in the news article links is incredibly disturbing, disgusting and eye-opening, the deletion of the threads here on EF have nothing to do with protecting a sexual offender, as some members have speculated. I was as shocked and appalled as anyone else to learn of the crimes and information recounted in those articles.

Nevertheless, such discussions and threads have no place on EntropiaForum, and will be removed.

I...Not to mention that people change over time, can be rehabilitated, and other things.....

Do you actually know the rehabilitation statistics of Child Predators? They are next to nothing. This is called a personality disorder which stems greatly from environment and circumstances which are endured through childhood through to adulthood. It is a personality and currently there is no drug which can tell your personality that one particular aspect of it is any different than the other. Drugs cannot see what is right and wrong.

The fact that there is a rampant pedo threat on the net yes in this game, is a product of anonymity. of coarse it is easier to get in your sick circles on the net.

The problem I have is why in hell would you censor anyone posting information on a IRL threat? This game allows for people 13 and under to participate. believe it or not the majority of gamers are still in their teens. These people are here, whether they are friends of the holier than thou or not.

When this directly effects you or your children or your family. You won't suggest tales of history that show this! And you won’t cope with the tragedy by reading books on past scenarios.

But with everything else turn a blind eye and it doesn't occur!

-------------------------
(fair enough was posting this as 711 posted his reason for deleting the post TY 711)

The problem I have is why in hell would you censor anyone posting information on a IRL threat? This game allows for people 13 and under to participate. believe it or not the majority of gamers are still in their teens.

Wrong on both counts. The EULA specifically states that children under 13 are prohibited from playing Entropia and the best demographic surveys we have of the EU population state that about 21% are under 21 years of age. Admittedly the "demographic surveys" are sets of forum polls, but I would be surprised if you can find better quality data.

When this directly effects you or your children or your family. You won't suggest tales of history that show this! And you won’t cope with the tragedy by reading books on past scenarios.

So you are with the mob that beats up innocent people because a journalist was too lazy to check they were printing correct information? Fascinating.

Protecting people from threats is one thing, starting witch hunts is another. It is never pretty when people let their fears take control of their actions. As history and "past scenarios" have shown all too clearly.

Wrong on both counts. The EULA specifically states that children under 13 are prohibited from playing Entropia and the best demographic surveys we have of the EU population state that about 21% are under 21 years of age. Admittedly the "demographic surveys" are sets of forum polls, but I would be surprised if you can find better quality data.

So you are with the mob that beats up innocent people because a journalist was too lazy to check they were printing correct information? Fascinating.

Protecting people from threats is one thing, starting witch hunts is another. It is never pretty when people let their fears take control of their actions. As history and "past scenarios" have shown all too clearly.

Of course I am sorry I mis-typed 13 and over... in the majority of the USA 13 to 18 is underage. Pretty sure it is that way in any non 3rd world country.

Also I am with no Mob but I can promise I stand up for what is right and if there is a Pedo running rampant I will not try to justify it... Go for it if you can sit in your skin knowing you can defend that. Then hopfully you are being true to yourself...

One of the most brilliant things about the internet is that all things are logged somewhere. All it takes is a complaint and a dedicated search and the 'perp' is 'meat'.

You make a great point about the 'witch-hunt' concept. This is why we are obliged to place only those who prove they are beyond question or have demonstrated their past is a learning-experience in charge. Only then can we be sure that they have our best interests in mind.

I mean...who'd want to be ruled by a dope-smoker or an alcoholic?

I deleted those threads, 711 has already explained several reasons as to why such threads get's deleted, I can add some more.

You could say it's more to protect the kids, in the world there are many kids who dont know how to survive other than selling themselfes, who do it because they believe it's the only way, some lured to it, some tempted by other boy's who already are doing it, some may even like it.

Posting those threads is like waving a flag telling every poor "loverboy" and rich "SugarDaddy" that they could have an opportunity in EU, and tempting others.

Next you'll see 50.000 new n00bs, not sweating or selling common dung, but sweating to sell their own dung.

Every kid nowadays that has a computer and can download and log into a game also knows that it is wrong doing stuff like that, they dont need warnings, the threads are more to bash one person, than protecting others.

It's much better just not talking about it imo.

Of course I am sorry I mis-typed 13 and over... in the majority of the USA 13 to 18 is underage. Pretty sure it is that way in any non 3rd world country.

The age of consent varies more than you think. As I just spotted in the linked article, even the USA has some internal variation between states. However, the minor variations are not really all that relevant.

Also I am with no Mob but I can promise I stand up for what is right and if there is a Pedo running rampant I will not try to justify it... Go for it if you can sit in your skin knowing you can defend that. Then hopfully you are being true to yourself...

Who is defending anything here? I am pointing out that acting on pure emotion is foolish and ignoring the lessons of history so that you can repeat past mistakes is equally pointless.

It is much better to educate children and parents to the dangers rather than taking action after the fact. After all, what will naming Mr X as a "sexual predator" actually accomplish? More likely than not they will just change their name and appearance and strike again when even the authorities that initially identified them don't know where they are. And while the parents are all keeping their eyes open for Mr X, they fail to pay attention to Mr Y that nobody knows about yet.

The only way to protect children is to educate them and be vigilant for all dangers. While it may feel nice to strike out at a convenient target, it will only give you a false sense of security.

I deleted those threads, 711 has already explained several reasons as to why such threads get's deleted, I can't add some more.

You could say it's more to protect the kids, in the world there are many kids who dont know how to survive other than selling themselfes, who do it because they believe it's the only way, some lured to it, some tempted by other boy's who already are doing it, some may even like it.

Posting those threads is like waving a flag telling every poor "loverboy" and rich "SugarDaddy" that they could have an opportunity in EU, and tempting others.

Next you'll see 50.000 new n00bs, not sweating or selling common dung, but sweating to sell their own dung.

Every kid nowadays that has a computer and can download and log into a game also knows that it is wrong doing stuff like that, they dont need warnings, the threads are more to bash one person, than protecting others.

And I agree, I think the pic posting is a love/hate for EF because It should not be allowed, however what can be done? People need to know but, there is a serious liability with allowing that on the forum. It seems an extreme case which somewhat parallel scammer threads (on a much higher level). Like was stated, witch hunts are not good, and every run of the mill person could post someone is a pedo. Yes there are serious legal implications to accusations such as that. There is also no way to say some of us are adequate to "police and expose" but what do you do? We can't ignore such things can we? Is there no middle ground that is reachable when we all (as a community) know something is dreadfully wrong?

I don't know the answers either... I only know the problem.

Last edited:

its better not to talk about it ? do i understand this right ?

we have a sayin here in germany which goes like this: to say nothin is the same as to agree with it.

so not talkin and reporting others about it means in my eyes u agree with such things.

but thats how the things go now on this forum. such a shame this fourm is goin more and more down the drain.

The age of consent varies more than you think. As I just spotted in the linked article, even the USA has some internal variation between states. However, the minor variations are not really all that relevant.

Who is defending anything here? I am pointing out that acting on pure emotion is foolish and ignoring the lessons of history so that you can repeat past mistakes is equally pointless.

It is much better to educate children and parents to the dangers rather than taking action after the fact. After all, what will naming Mr X as a "sexual predator" actually accomplish? More likely than not they will just change their name and appearance and strike again when even the authorities that initially identified them don't know where they are. And while the parents are all keeping their eyes open for Mr X, they fail to pay attention to Mr Y that nobody knows about yet.

The only way to protect children is to educate them and be vigilant for all dangers. While it may feel nice to strike out at a convenient target, it will only give you a false sense of security.

This is a fair post Thank you. yes education is the salvation of almost any issue. However it doesn't happen in most cases. And I know ages of consent vary, do you think I came to the table w/ no facts? I understand implications of branding the innocent. TY for your insight!

its better not to talk about it ? do i understand this right ?

we have a sayin here in germany which goes like this: to say nothin is the same as to agree with it.

so not talkin and reporting others about it means in my eyes u agree with such things.

I think you missed the point. The activity has already been reported by the press (in a major UK newspaper), and the UK authorities are already aware of the situation, and seem to be monitoring and investigating.

Also, the convictions for previous offenses happened several years ago, most in fact before EntropiaUniverse even existed.

Nobody here at EntropiaForum is "agreeing with" or approving of sexual crimes. To state that we are is ridiculous.

Once again, I will point out that these real-life crimes and/or legal issues have absolutely no relation to EntropiaUniverse (even if some EntropiaUniverse participants are involved, they did not meet one another in Entropia). To allow such discussions to take place on this forum is not only non-topical, but risks all sorts of negative and unfair conclusions to be drawn about EntropiaUniverse and online gaming in general.

Given the fact that the related avatars are no longer active in Entropia, I see no good reason to permit discussion of such issues on this forum. If you feel the need to make your feelings heard on this emotional and disturbing issue, perhaps try making comments on the news article page itself (readers are able to do so on the newpaper's website), or find a forum dedicated to discussion of such matters. EntropiaForum is not one such forum.

but thats how the things go now on this forum. such a shame this fourm is goin more and more down the drain.

If by "goin more and more down the drain" you mean growing incredibly quickly, with massive amounts of valuable information and discussion about EntropiaUniverse added every day, then I would agree.

Thank you 711 for the rebuke and your intense feelings on this topic. I know this is a furious topic and you are stuck in a rock in a hard place between letting such articles remain on your forum. I also want to say I was motivated after I saw these posts. I love this community and this forum, and I commend the 2 people that did post that (before it was deleted). I think the community needs to understand what is happening around them but I do not think it should come at your IRL expense! I think you will see this happen and as you should... delete them to CYA. I hope you understand why this topic is so passionate to many members here. Believe it or not you have the best information board out here on EU. Unfortunately people target it because it is the best medium to get information out.

No 711 I hate you but I respect you as well!

Last edited:

I can't disagree with you more! It's better to talk about it, to YOUR children! As an open topic, naming and identifying certain individuals in a communty. .well, that I don't agree with mainly for legal reasons for 711. As a single parent that has been on the Internet long before the world wide web, my three children grew up around computers. They were all well trained on what they could/couldn't tell people, how to talk to and treat people on-line and to assume that every young person they talked to was an adult acting as a kid. Yes, we had many specific converstaions about it and I never had any real problems with my children on-line. That wasn't due to anything but me and my blunt, up front way of parenting. I never felt it was someone elses 'job' to educate my children. No monitering software, on-line communities or the like can take place of an aware parent that is honest with their children but also keeps an eye on them. Maybe I had the advantage of being a 'geek' but my children also believed I could see anything and everything they did on-line long before I actually could! ;)

So - parents YOU protect your children and don't expect a forum or anything else to take your place. It's your responsibility. For every identified perve there's certainly many others and you need to "Teach your children well"

I can't disagree with you more! It's better to talk about it, to YOUR children! As an open topic, naming and identifying certain individuals in a communty. .well, that I don't agree with mainly for legal reasons for 711. As a single parent that has been on the Internet long before the world wide web, my three children grew up around computers. They were all well trained on what they could/couldn't tell people, how to talk to and treat people on-line and to assume that every young person they talked to was an adult acting as a kid. Yes, we had many specific converstaions about it and I never had any real problems with my children on-line. That wasn't due to anything but me and my blunt, up front way of parenting. I never felt it was someone elses 'job' to educate my children. No monitering software, on-line communities or the like can take place of an aware parent that is honest with their children but also keeps an eye on them. Maybe I had the advantage of being a 'geek' but my children also believed I could see anything and everything they did on-line long before I actually could! ;)

So - parents YOU protect your children and don't expect a forum or anything else to take your place. It's your responsibility. For every identified perve there's certainly many others and you need to "Teach your children well"

A big +Rep to you. Very insightful. And as Adults I believe it is absolutely horrific to turn a blind eye when you got one blatently caught and can argue that you should stfu about it!

Ofcourse, what I meant with not talking about it at all is here on the forums rather than making those threads, I also said that every kid knows it, because parents DO and ofcourse should tell their kids about it.

Because of the monopoly that EF has when it comes to information in general and interchange of information and knowledge related to the EntropiaUniverse, I think this issue should be allowed to be discussed open and open minded and not just be removed by the mods even they already commented it.

To me it looks a little like: Hey we can remove it, so it doesnt exist any longer hence people will no longer bug us with it. :confused: :scratch2:

I dont think som miss informed forum user should have the right to ruin someone IRL reputation with som assumption.

I do think we should speak about people using game to chase child.I do think we should have a topic somewhere to be sure all parent here and child are aware about how sim specific player can behave.Prevention and explanation is very good.
But , i dont think anyone here should have the power to judge someone and ruin his live on "assumption"...

If you have first hand info , report to MA.
I dont know what MA will do , but for sure , if i was getting report that one of my player is a pedophile and do bad stuff in my game , i would report him to police in his country with all the info i got.

I dont think som miss informed forum user should have the right to ruin someone IRL reputation with som assumption.

I do think we should speak about people using game to chase child.I do think we should have a topic somewhere to be sure all parent here and child are aware about how sim specific player can behave.Prevention and explanation is very good.
But , i dont think anyone here should have the power to judge someone and ruin his live on "assumption"...

If you have first hand info , report to MA.
I dont know what MA will do , but for sure , if i was getting report that one of my player is a pedophile and do bad stuff in my game , i would report him to police in his country with all the info i got.

Agree with ya Etopia that assumptions can ruin rl reputations without just cause.

I would like to point out to everyone in EU that it appears that once this person was identified, someone in the community must have done was needed to be done to rid us of him. That appears to have happened without them being called out in the forums etc. If ridding the community of such a person was the goal then it was accomplished.

I do hope that if this thread / topic has helped or encouraged even one parent to to talk with their children to protect them then maybe this has all been worthwhile. There are many sites out there to educate yourself and your children on what to look out for and how to respond to different people on the internet. I don't think EF should be the place to get that education/information.

If by "goin more and more down the drain" you mean growing incredibly quickly, with massive amounts of valuable information and discussion about EntropiaUniverse added every day, then I would agree.

valuable information is a rare found nowadays in this forum. its more like this infos and posts added nowadays need to fit ur opinion and favor u and ur soc.
and i know alot of others think the same. but its better to ban them, then to let them talk.

this forum was alot better in the beginning and before u overtook it.

valuable information is a rare found nowadays in this forum. its more like this infos and posts added nowadays need to fit ur opinion and favor u and ur soc.
and i know alot of others think the same. but its better to ban them, then to let them talk.

this forum was alot better in the beginning and before u overtook it.

Then i must be a very idiotic person :)
I found here so often good info, i lost count.

The only thing I might want to point out (Hello Moderators/Owners, perhaps this might interest you) is a better organisation of 100%-sure data, and such. Sometimes, the search function is not so useful :) Reading 100 threads to find that particular info, discussed 10 times in 10 different (and perhaps false) ways is quiete time-consuming :)

The only thing I might want to point out (Hello Moderators/Owners, perhaps this might interest you) is a better organisation of 100%-sure data, and such. Sometimes, the search function is not so useful :) Reading 100 threads to find that particular info, discussed 10 times in 10 different (and perhaps false) ways is quiete time-consuming :)

Hard keeping track of everything, but if you go to our main page, you will see a menu on the left hand side with links to tutorials, guides and charts :)

The "other guides and charts" has alot of misc guides under it :)

Hard keeping track of everything, but if you go to our main page, you will see a menu on the left hand side with links to tutorials, guides and charts :)

The "other guides and charts" has alot of misc guides under it :)

I know :)

It seems to be although in the forum and posts are detailled additional informations and I like background info. For example, yesterday someone asked me: What are the MA requirements for creating a soc. That is not so clear: Minimum amount of people, do they have to be always in the soc, do they have to be active, what is meant by MA observation, and so on. It is the same problem that pe-wiki has sometimes: When a new VU comes out, the old loottables are basically in question. They solved it by applying a VU number on each item.

But perhaps it is my imagination :) And offtopic also, so I stop here :p

711 i would like to ask why we were allowed to discuss the Madeleine case here on the forum but we arent allowed to discuss something about peado ?? Sorry but it seems abit weird to me :scratch2:

711 i would like to ask why we were allowed to discuss the Madeleine case here on the forum but we arent allowed to discuss something about peado ?? Sorry but it seems abit weird to me :scratch2:

I think the issue is the difference between saying "this little girl has gone missing" and "this guy did something nasty to a child." The first is a statement of fact as the girl has gone missing and it is known that the authorities are looking for her. The second is a potentially libelous accusation that EF admins and moderators are in no position to judge the veracity of.

Both statements could be equally true and their could be plenty of "evidence" to support the second. However, only one of the statements could lead to 711 being sued if it turns out to be a case of mistaken identity. ;)

If you had read my last post in the Madeline thread, my reasons are very clear:

I did indeed decide to allow this thread to continue for a couple reasons:

1. No solicitations were being made to donate money
2. At the time, the campaign was not disrupting EntropiaForum.
3. Several very dedicated forum members seemed quite passionate about the issue, and I did not wish to cause unnecessary anguish or controversy.

However, this Madeleine campaign has continued much longer than expected, and has clearly begun to cause disruption and bad feelings here on EntropiaForum, some of that due to perceived favoritism or lack of consistency in the application of forum rules.

Also, it seems some very heartless and unscrupulous individuals have attempted to take advantage of other peoples goodwill to personally profit from donations. It is possible that this could happen again, and I would certainly not want EntropiaForum to be a medium or tool for such misdeeds.

Unfortunately, I have seen such manipulation happen before, on another very exclusive forum of influential internet developers and designers. On that forum, a large-scale scam was created and promoted promising relief for victims of the Hurrican Katrina disaster. The forum community there contributed tens of thousands of dollars over the course of only several days to what they believed was a legitmate and worthwhile cause, and even used their considerable resources and connections to promote the cause on other websites and to their family, friends and business associates. Less than a week later, the "charity" was exposed as a fraud, and in fact the person responsible for creating it was a member of the above-mentioned forum. He ended up being arrested by the FBI, charged with felony fraud and is now serving a very lengthy prison sentence.

More info here:
http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/03/news/newsmakers/katrina_fraud/index.htm

Please remember that as Mindbuster and Skam have pointed out, this forum is primarily dedicated to discussion of EntropiaUniverse. While a certain amount of discussion of other topics is to be expected, and is allowed in the off-topic sections of the forum, any issue that disrupts or detracts from the primary purpose for this website must be curtailed.

Many members come to EntropiaUniverse, and EntropiaForum, to escape the demands, responsibilities and not-so-fun aspects of "real-life".

There are dozens of places on the internet to discuss important issues such
as the Madeleine abduction, kidnapping, etc., and to provide assistance and/or help make a difference and prevent additional such crimes. That is in fact what makes the internet so amazing and wonderful: a myriad of websites for every conceivable and imaginable interest, passion and devotion. The purpose of this website is discussion and interaction related to EntropiaUniverse.

Therefore, I ask that anyone using an avatar or signature image related to the Madeleine campaign please remove such images within the next 2 days.

I will leave this thread open for comments for a short while, but it will soon be closed. Please refrain from creating any further threads on this issue, or similar ones.

As an alternative I can offer free hosting services to any members (or a group of members) who would like to create a devoted website to discuss this issue and/or raise awareness. All that is required is a domain name (which I can also provide, if necessary).

In any case, these two issues are completely unrelated and I fail to see how one relates to another as far as EntropiaForum is concerned.

Parents who are concerned about protecting their children from online predators (not just those in virtual worlds or MMO's) are encouraged to learn as much as they can from sites like:

http://www.protectkids.com/
http://www.protectchildrenonline.org/
http://www.fosi.org/icra/

among many others.

completely agree. I continue to find good info here on nearly a daily basis.
Filtering through the info can be challenging. I think its too much for 5 people to handle- although I do think they are doing a good job , especially when you look at the shear volume of new daily posts. Maybe its time To look at some of the 2 and 3+ year members and double or triple the the number of Mods?
Forum specific Mods made up of of longstanding members could go a long way in making the tasks of moderating much less challenging.

Status
Back