Entropia Universe 14.3.0.1 Release Notes

•Auto target logic ...It just work if the mob stands still if he/she move a bit it stop to work.

They must try again with new fix....I tried to sweat a very thin mob(plumatergus)with auto aim and before it killed my 50-60 HP I had over 12 lost the target messages....Hunting must wait for another week I think.GL with next patch

MA said that with current (new) VU, small fast updates will be much easier and faster, just as we saw today. Hopefully we will get loads of fixes now, therefore such numbering...

That's not accurate. They are preparing to implement faster updates. The infrastructure upgrades in this update were the first step but it will probably be 6 months or a year before they can do it. As for the patch today, they usually release a mini patch on thursday/friday after a major update like this.

As to the mini patch, i've been online so far 41 minutes hunting and mining with no DCs. Auto targeting seems fixed, though I'm out of ammo so only doing melee atm. I recommend you repair your installation if you haven't already.

They must try again with new fix....I tried to sweat a very thin mob(plumatergus)with auto aim and before it killed my 50-60 HP I had over 12 lost the target messages....Hunting must wait for another week I think.GL with next patch

If very thin mobs don't work yet, maybe you could find a thicker mob to hunt? Or do you only hunt and sweat Plumatergus?

Last edited:
WOHOOOOOOOOOO!! Hitbox still FUBAR! Awesome fix!

WOHOOOOOOOOOO!! Hitbox still FUBAR! Awesome fix!

They said it was adjusted, not that it was made the same as before the update... targeting is not as before, but 100% better than before the patch, at least on the mobs I've hunted.

1. still have disconnects
2. loot receiving very laggy
3. mobs hit boxes only half fixed, I still can miss while shooting in the mob face

My rating to this mini update 0/10 :mad:

Disconnects is because the server crashes
I am currently looking in to this matter about mob hit boxes yet again, can you provide me with the creatures you hunt which does not feel the same as before?

I am sorry to say that the hitbox issue has NOT been solved, at least for some flying mobs (Sea Wraith on Cyrene for example).

Can you provide me with additional creature which you feel is not the same?

•Auto target logic ...It just work if the mob stands still if he/she move a bit it stop to work.

Can you provide me with some creature which you believe are affected by this?

I still get DC'd after the patch. Was in for nearly 10 mins tho....

Might be yet another day or so for the disconnects to be fixed.

Yes, this last update was only for the clients and not the main servers which yes have the main problem right now. For them to fix this issue servers will most likely need to be down for a day so they can update each one. But yes they are trying as best they can.

Edit: Joakim|Calypso beat me! Great to see you here Joakim!

logged in after the patch, disconnect after 30 seconds...

went to hunt, killed like 10-15 mobs... disconnect again.

good thing that 14.3 was supposed to be a non-new-features VU, bug-fix only... :laugh:

I don't want to deal with thin mobs only,i was just checking the hit box.And I must say that I tried it also manual.I think its another test of MA to make aiming more realistic(and the armor decay bill bigger...).I feel pitty for those that doing or planning to do the prancer mission lol.

Seems to me that very thin mobs ought to be very hard to hit except with melee.

I just logged in.... took 2 shots at a proteron young... INSTANT disconnect. I didn't even hang for a period of time. Dmg, Dmg, Connection lost....

Strange cuz in the past almost all of my disconnects (over 5 years) have proceeded lengthy hang times.

Menace

EDIT: Definitely server crash cuz my prot was nowhere on radar..... Logged back in and within 20 seconds crashed again. Hopefully I can TP out of that server over the course of a few hundred DC's.

we dont whant a new VU, just downgrade to the old one pls!! this is insane....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hanging around the Boreas Area.

After a login it takes about 30-45 second to crash each time.

However, before the minipatch, everything was working fine for me. No real problems with aiming and hardly any disconnects in the area I was.

dont know if its intended but the mindforce heal chip animation looks somewhat bright:
meheal.jpg

the darker it is around the brighter it gets, hard to play with:

meheal2.jpg

at least in water it looks somewhat pretty cool:

meheal3.jpg

Bionic Man - Taking over your soul:

meheal4.jpg

Last edited:
Official question to MA Official

commercial system upgrade took place without the test system, existing users are spending their time and money as a free testers. someone tested system before release and get some menoey. how it will be compensated for despaired players?
this problem has occured with ALL VU's
tyvm

MA annual report 2011 :
"MindArk’s plan for maximizing the potential of Entropia Universe in 2012 focuses on two key areas:
Upgrade existing game systems to provide anenjoyable and rewarding user experience"
MA annual report 2012:
"Infrastructure Upgrades
Major upgrades have been performed on the Entropia Universe platform infrastructure, the first
steps was released in January. These upgrades have resulted in improved server stability and
faster development and deployment times for future version updates. While these upgrades will
require a few months for full completion, participants can already expect better performance,
fewer unexpected server outages, and much shorter VU downtimes.
In addition, refinements to the development and release procedures for
MindArk and its planet partners will help improve client stability, reduce bugs and other unexpected system behavior, and generally improve the overall Entropia Universe experience. "

Last edited:
I am currently looking in to this matter about mob hit boxes yet again, can you provide me with the creatures you hunt which does not feel the same as before?

Can you provide me with additional creature which you feel is not the same?

Can you provide me with some creature which you believe are affected by this?

Hitboxes.

Aiming on torso (heart) on Troppers ,Legionner you will get misses when animations is made for ther attacks ,this is standing still close range ,no autotargeting ,its like dead spots or shape of hitbox shange with animations even tho you aim on big area , safest is 2 aiming on legs feats ,because no animation.

This problem whas on Drokas befor as well ,have not tested now

Argonauts are a problem as well (hitbox), especially when you get attacked by several and they bump into each other, seems like the hitbox is hit not the actual mob. Make hitbox bigger please. Only tested on small ones.

Seems to me that very thin mobs ought to be very hard to hit except with melee.

If it should be so realistic we shoud never ever miss one single shot at point blank...:laugh:

14.2 was followed by 14.2.1, 14.3 is followed by 14.3.0.1. Is four-level release numbering something new, or has it happened before?

(Not trying to read too much into this, just curious :))

Yes. See the vu updates part in entropedia ;-)

Have you ever heard of the expression : ' to miss an elephant in an hallway'?
It's possible, depending of the size of the elephant or the hallway.

I consider this a decent quickfix while working to get everything right, Harbingers hitboxes have improved alot, not perfect but good enough for now atleast. Have been to busy with the formidons to try others :)

Maybe we should make a list of mobs that still have blind spots in the hitbox?

I consider this a decent quickfix while working to get everything right, Harbingers hitboxes have improved alot, not perfect but good enough for now atleast. Have been to busy with the formidons to try others :)

Maybe we should make a list of mobs that still have blind spots in the hitbox?

If you can be loged in loong enough :p

Used my keycard these 2 days more than the last 6 mounths :(

Worse DCing than before

So earlier today I was able to play for about an hour before disconnect. After 14.3.0.1, I can't play for more than 2 minutes before disconnect. Currently located at the outpost outside Twin Peaks. May try getting to another area on a different server to see if issue persists (chose the area I'm at currently because I suspected crashes were due to too many players logged into key areas like Icarus and Peaks and were overloading servers - no dice).

Btw, safe arrival removed both at login and revive?

Im also hunting Legio/Trooper/droka/drone/warrior. I have the same problems with the hitbox on these mobs.

Hitboxes.

Aiming on torso (heart) on Troppers ,Legionner you will get misses when animations is made for ther attacks ,this is standing still close range ,no autotargeting ,its like dead spots or shape of hitbox shange with animations even tho you aim on big area , safest is 2 aiming on legs feats ,because no animation.

Disconnected, log in, disconnected again, new server, and disconnect before even see I got in, lol

Hitbox on those small mobs I hunt atm is better, so far so good

Rapido

Having hunted Droka both before and after 0.1, what is it that you don't like ?

By the way, hit boxes are definitely not boxes any more, you can shoot at both legs of droka, and the space inbtween does not register as a mob.

Back