Hair Styling Social Project

Gluepot

Elite
Society
Obsidian Order
Daina Gluepot Rendar
Project Closed.

daina-ad.jpg

Well, everybody is starting their hunting, mining, and even some crafting projects, so I am going to start a hair styling project :laugh:

So here's how it goes....
I will start with 3k hairgels, which, at 280% is roughly worth 1.1k ped, and end the project when I run out of peds, or when I see people creating 2nd avatars to take advantage of my generosity, or when I just feel like stopping :D
So here's the rules....
I give haircuts at no charge and accept donations.
Now lets just see if the donations out-weigh the costs (which I highly doubt, but we'll see how long I last). So basically, it's a project to see whether or not I can continue as a community hair stylist based on the sheer generosity of the people I am providing the service for.
If you take a haircut from this project, I will post your name and how much you donated (basically the same as if I was listing what mob I hunted and my returns), or, if you choose to remain anonymous, let me know and I will simply label you "anonymous".
I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with or without giving reason.

So.... Let the games begin!

My apartment: TI City Gold 8E
Post or PM if you wish to use my services, since I am not always at my apartment :D

Last edited:
Supplies:
Hair gel: 2,267
Hair Spray: 33
Hair dye: 2
PED stack: 618
Total results: +260.92

Top 3 donors:
Hadlen Immortal Deity (100 ped)
simon gustav håkansson (82.71 ped value)
Shane TheShizzy Smith (80 ped)

Donors/Donations:

1. Unified Bru Chaos/60 PED (1 haircut, 2 attempts, 15 ped costs)

2. James JH Haley/10 ped + 77 hairspray (1 haircut, 1 attempt, 7.5 ped cost)

3. Kaywinnit Kaylee Frye/10 ped (1 haircut, 6 attempts, 45 ped cost)

4. Butch Butch Carisbrook/60 ped (1 facial hair, 3 attempts, 1 haircut, 1 attempt, 30 ped costs)

5. simon gustav håkansson/38 ped + 19 gel, 36 spray, 2 hair dye (1 facial hair, 2 attempts (total value of 52.71), 1 facial hair color, 3 attempts, 37.5 ped cost)

6. plonker t3h plonker woot/10 ped (1 facial hair, 1 attempt, 3.25 ped cost)

7. Hadlen Immortal Deity/100 ped (1 haircut, facial hair coloring, 11.25 ped cost)

8. Aleksandra Mayday Kowalski/20 ped (1 haircut, facial hair coloring, 22.5 ped cost)

9. Naws Tel Telmah/20 ped (1 facial hair coloring, 5 ped cost)

10. Shane TheShizzy Smith/80 ped (1 haircut, facial hair, facial hair coloring, 60 ped cost)

11. Alexander Nexiuz Bilicic/27.5 ped (1 haircut, 22.5 ped cost)

12. Desi Ciobyna Deria/40 ped (1 haircut, 15 ped cost)

13. General Genny Turdgidson/40 ped (1 haircut, 22.5 ped cost)

14. Abdul Nomad Sabur/62.5 ped (1 haircut, 1 facial hair, 37.5 ped cost)

Last edited:
Current hair styling level: 7

Number of styles available: 14

Facial hair available: Yes

Facial hair coloring available: Yes

Hair coloring available: Not yet

Last edited:
Interesting project - but have you thought about whether you're destroy the market you're hoping to earn from in the future.

Interesting project - but have you thought about whether you're destroy the market you're hoping to earn from in the future.

Yes, I have thought about it.
Hair styling was profitable when Sorg and Ido were the only widely known hair stylists, I was able to undercut them and still profit, but because I had so few hair styles I wasn't much competition, so it was a win-win situation. I profit, they profit. Then a certain *cough* pink *cough* somebody came into the story and started buying up all the gels and undercutting Ido and Sorg.
As soon as this happened I realized this was going to start a price war, and asked this certain pink somebody to reconsider his prices. He was firm and kept his prices.
Then one day Sorg says he is going to chip out of the business, and a certain somebody with a mining ATH decided she was going to do "the noble thing" and not let the Pink guy with a poor reputation be the #1 hair stylist. So she started offering styles even cheaper, which raged the price war even worse.
Then many new stylists started coming into the business looking at these outrageously low prices as "normal", and the business was no longer profitable. So I chipped out my hair styling skills because I went broke, and I started over (thus why I have so few hair styles now).
So basically I've been a stylist for many months, and have sunk thousands of ped into it, and with very little return. Due to these hair stylists raging a price war, the business is no longer profitable. I spent several months losing peds one every style I gave, and often customers thought I was profiting and felt negatively toward me for it.
So now I am going public, I'll show you exactly how much it cost me and exactly how much I got back. I was not profiting before, and honestly, I can't possibly lose more from this project than I have been losing over the past few months.
The "market" I am "hoping to earn from" is already ruined.

thanks for the explanation :)

seems like dire times in beauty lately, good luck

Ok I realize I may sound a bit thick for asking this but I didn't see in any posts so far where to find you.... mind that may be part of the whole project .... if you can find her you get a haircut at donation prices??

So where are you? ;)

yes, i have thought about it.
Hair styling was profitable when sorg and ido were the only widely known hair stylists, i was able to undercut them and still profit, but because i had so few hair styles i wasn't much competition, so it was a win-win situation. I profit, they profit. Then a certain *cough* pink *cough* somebody came into the story and started buying up all the gels and undercutting ido and sorg.
As soon as this happened i realized this was going to start a price war, and asked this certain pink somebody to reconsider his prices. He was firm and kept his prices.
Then one day sorg says he is going to chip out of the business, and a certain somebody with a mining ath decided she was going to do "the noble thing" and not let the pink guy with a poor reputation be the #1 hair stylist. So she started offering styles even cheaper, which raged the price war even worse.
Then many new stylists started coming into the business looking at these outrageously low prices as "normal", and the business was no longer profitable. So i chipped out my hair styling skills because i went broke, and i started over (thus why i have so few hair styles now).
So basically i've been a stylist for many months, and have sunk thousands of ped into it, and with very little return. Due to these hair stylists raging a price war, the business is no longer profitable. I spent several months losing peds one every style i gave, and often customers thought i was profiting and felt negatively toward me for it.
So now i am going public, i'll show you exactly how much it cost me and exactly how much i got back. I was not profiting before, and honestly, i can't possibly lose more from this project than i have been losing over the past few months.
The "market" i am "hoping to earn from" is already ruined.

yeah blame it all on the fucking scammer nazi, ugly, fat, stupid, dumb, low life of a pink hairstylist!

yeah blame it all on the fucking scammer nazi, ugly, fat, stupid, dumb, low life of a pink hairstylist!

I never said any names :rolleyes:

Ok I realize I may sound a bit thick for asking this but I didn't see in any posts so far where to find you.... mind that may be part of the whole project .... if you can find her you get a haircut at donation prices??

So where are you? ;)

Ahh ok, good point. I edited it into the first post.

I never said any names :rolleyes:
Ahh ok, good point. I edited it into the first post.

neither did I, you just called the person pink, and so did I. :rolleyes:

So where are you? ;)

She actually mentioned it in her first post: My apartment: TI City Gold 8E

Good luck with your quest Gluepot. I actually like my current hairstyle more than the original styles available, but if you ever unlock one of the new ones, do announce it! :)

goodluck on your project!

as a side note...

I notice you only have gel, do you not need hair spray? If you dont, how much gel do you use per try? :scratch2:

goodluck on your project!

as a side note...

I notice you only have gel, do you not need hair spray? If you dont, how much gel do you use per try? :scratch2:

I prefer to use hairgels instead of hair sprays because they give the same success rate, though people like to try to sell me sprays for 20-30% more markup. So I figure I'll go eco and stick with gels ;)
I use 20 gels per attempt, and when I get home back ingame I'll calculate the exact cost per attempt.

@SparkyJordan
ummm dear you may want to re-read the whole first post including the reason for edit ..... I may be thick at times but I am not a complete idiot (I only live amongst them :laugh: )

@Gluepot
Awesome..... now that I know where to find ya and it didn't turn out to be a treasure hunt/social project I will be looking you up for a cut, kinda sick of the current one. And I really never was any good at treasure hunts :)

Last edited:
Nice initiative! Maybe I`ll stop by for a visit and some facial hair. I need a cool beard! :laugh:

@Gluepot
Awesome..... now that I know where to find ya and it didn't turn out to be a treasure hunt/social project I will be looking you up for a cut, kinda sick of the current one. And I really never was any good at treasure hunts :)

Hehe yeah it was not meant to be a treasure hunt..... I'll be online in about 2 hours, so everybody can storm the castle :D

Nice initiative! Maybe I`ll stop by for a visit and some facial hair. I need a cool beard! :laugh:

Sure, that will be great once I get home :D

yes blame it on him!

maybe i ll start the undercutting by giving out PEDs for haircuts! :D

Ok I am online right now, post if you want a haircut!

Sooo.... Who is going to be the first customer?

Got the project's first customer today: Unified Bru Chaos! She left a generous donation of 60 ped, and it took 2 attempts to succeed on the haircut, costing me 15 ped total.

ty for my new hair style.. and good luck with your project :yay:

ty for my new hair style.. and good luck with your project :yay:

Thanks for coming ;)
You'd think with haircuts at no charge I'd be getting more customers :scratch2:

Got the second customer today!
James JH Haley, donated enough hair spray to cover the cost and then some extra peds :)
Took 1 attempt (costing 7.5 ped) to do his hair, he donated 77 hair sprays (which I used 40 of), and 10 ped, adding up to roughly 16 ped profit.
So the project is still +!

no naming to get more customers

Supplies:
Hair gel: 2,960
Hair Spray: 32
PED stack: 70.00
Total results: +61.21

Donors/Donations:

1. Unified Bru Chaos/60 PED (1 haircut, 2 attempts, 15 ped costs)

2. James JH Haley/10 ped + 77 hairspray (1 haircut, 1 attempt, 7.5 ped cost)

People will be reluctant to get a free service or low cost if it looks bad to them; maybe just use numbers.

yes blame it on him!

maybe i ll start the undercutting by giving out PEDs for haircuts! :D

I been doing that; privately.

People will be reluctant to get a free service or low cost if it looks bad to them; maybe just use numbers.

Ok, edited - people can now come labeled anonymous :D

I am at a bit of a loss why more people wouldn't be taking her up on this. I guess people don't want stuff for free or barring that at a price that they set. Oh well, I know that I will likely use Gluepot's services again should I want a different style later.

Thanx Gluepot ;) Lemme know when you get some more styles too :silly2:

Yes, I have thought about it.
Hair styling was profitable when Sorg and Ido were the only widely known hair stylists, I was able to undercut them and still profit, but because I had so few hair styles I wasn't much competition, so it was a win-win situation. I profit, they profit. Then a certain *cough* pink *cough* somebody came into the story and started buying up all the gels and undercutting Ido and Sorg.
As soon as this happened I realized this was going to start a price war, and asked this certain pink somebody to reconsider his prices. He was firm and kept his prices.
Then one day Sorg says he is going to chip out of the business, and a certain somebody with a mining ATH decided she was going to do "the noble thing" and not let the Pink guy with a poor reputation be the #1 hair stylist. So she started offering styles even cheaper, which raged the price war even worse.
Then many new stylists started coming into the business looking at these outrageously low prices as "normal", and the business was no longer profitable. So I chipped out my hair styling skills because I went broke, and I started over (thus why I have so few hair styles now).
So basically I've been a stylist for many months, and have sunk thousands of ped into it, and with very little return. Due to these hair stylists raging a price war, the business is no longer profitable. I spent several months losing peds one every style I gave, and often customers thought I was profiting and felt negatively toward me for it.
So now I am going public, I'll show you exactly how much it cost me and exactly how much I got back. I was not profiting before, and honestly, I can't possibly lose more from this project than I have been losing over the past few months.
The "market" I am "hoping to earn from" is already ruined.

This happens in every profession. People can't just match prices, they get greedy and undercut so their stuff sells first, and this continues over and over, and then it turns out they ruined the market for themselves. Seems there are a lot of people in this game that don't think ahead.

I would... but I like my hair how it is :yay:

Back