Harassment In Space - Support Case

Status
Saying this is harrassment is a cop out by MA. They designed the game that allowed this to be done.

How this should work is it should be possible for the privateer to shoot down one little quad.

Warp jumps should only be interrupted if your reactor SI has been lowered to a certain level (like 50%). Hopefully we'll see some of these changes next year with the space update.

Also, I think this thread demonstrates that in the current RCE lootable space system, nobody with any class whatsoever is willing (or allowed) to play the role of pirate in space. With the release of the cargo boxes, and removal of real loot from space lanes, we might see a change in this... it will likely become acceptable for "normal" PVPers to take part in space PVP, no longer only a role for the antisocial griefers.

Last edited:
Warp jumps should only be interrupted if your reactor SI has been lowered to a certain level (like 50%). Hopefully we'll see some of these changes next year with the space update.

No.
This is dumb LOL ....

I don't think that would be balanced, but there could be another bar added to the hp bar, similar to how the taming bars work on tamable pets.
You can not warp unless the bar is over a certain mark, it moves up with time and each time you take a hit from man or beast it goes down. The regeneration speed of that bar could be affected by ship attachments, SI, and/or types of tools used by the crew. The bar degradation speed could be affected by damage type, weapon type, and/or captain/gunner skills of the person attacking.

A full bar on a medium equipped ship would need to be hit 4 times before it gets below the ability to warp.
When right on the line an attacker needs to maintain a 30% attack rate to keep up with the natural time based regeneration and prevent warping.

(not sure of ratios and balancing, but something along those lines to prevent cost free greifing)

Also, I think this thread demonstrates that in the current RCE lootable space system, nobody with any class whatsoever is willing (or allowed) to play the role of pirate in space. With the release of the cargo boxes, and removal of real loot from space lanes, we might see a change in this... it will likely become acceptable for "normal" PVPers to take part in space PVP, no longer only a role for the antisocial griefers.

We were just talking about that in soc chat today, that once the changes are made and finalized that we will likely review our policies on pvp in space and possibly revise them to more closely match our land based pvp ones)

/mod note/

I'll accept that the intent of this thread is a serious discussion on the larger issue of what constitutes 'harassment' for the purposes of the EULA in Space (and presumably other lootable PVP zones too), rather than merely a personal dispute between individuals.

For those who haven't had the opportunity to pilot a privateer, you can't compare it in any way with a quad or even a sleipnir.
Fishface's description from several years ago pretty much sums it up: "It's like driving a brick .. on carpet."

Thanks to whiteknut for posting the additional responses from Support, which help clarify aspects that Support takes into consideration when considering these issues: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Support-Case&p=3319326&viewfull=1#post3319326

Please address the topic with constructive comments, rather than exchanging personal insults or making unnecessarily inflammatory posts.

/mod note/

I'll accept that the intent of this thread is a serious discussion on the larger issue of what constitutes 'harassment' for the purposes of the EULA in Space (and presumably other lootable PVP zones too), rather than merely a personal dispute between individuals.

For those who haven't had the opportunity to pilot a privateer, you can't compare it in any way with a quad or even a sleipnir.
Fishface's description from several years ago pretty much sums it up: "It's like driving a brick .. on carpet."

Thanks to whiteknut for posting the additional responses from Support, which help clarify aspects that Support takes into consideration when considering these issues: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Support-Case&p=3319326&viewfull=1#post3319326

Please address the topic with constructive comments, rather than exchanging personal insults or making unnecessarily inflammatory posts.

This is a personal dispute, nothing more, nothing less.

This is NOT harassment.

If anything its harassment towards myself !

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
MindArk says that it is.. its their game and their rules.

Really ? howcome I havent even had a warning yet ?

This is just you causing drama... breaking rules and bringing down the community.

But hey.. when are your posts ever any different ?

Really ? howcome I havent even had a warning yet ?

This is just you causing drama... breaking rules and bringing down the community.

But hey.. when are your posts ever any different ?

Did you not read the original post of this thread?

Here is the text version:

2014-12-05 11:00 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi HardWrath,

Thank you for your report.

We will investigate the matter, we agree that doing this is simply harassment which is not something we approve off.

As you know we do not discuss cause of action towards other avatars but we will see what will come out of this case.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Edit.. mis read

Reactions: aia
This thread is not about pvp kills or any of this other nonsense.

The point (and topic of this thread) is your continued harassment of nearly everyone. Its not isolated to anyone specific. Any time you encounter another person you have something to say thats designed to get under their skin, harass, and prevent enjoyment of the game. I see you do it every time you shoot someone down, when people hesitate to fly into lootable space, when they are conversing in #Space_Travel, or even just hanging out at the Space Station.

On top of your words, all too often your actions are designed to harass and interfere with game play such as with preventing people to jump to warp.

Why cant you interact with other people without trying to harass them, put them down, and prevent them from enjoying and playing the game?

If you just stuck to being a pirate without all of this other garbage then all would be good.

This thread is not about pvp kills or any of this other nonsense.

The point (and topic of this thread) is your continued harassment of nearly everyone. Its not isolated to anyone specific. Any time you encounter another person you have something to say thats designed to get under their skin, harass, and prevent enjoyment of the game. I see you do it every time you shoot someone down, when people hesitate to fly into lootable space, when they are conversing in #Space_Travel, or even just hanging out at the Space Station.

On top of your words, all too often your actions are designed to harass and interfere with game play such as with preventing people to jump to warp.

Why cant you interact with other people without trying to harass them, put them down, and prevent them from enjoying and playing the game?

No your wrong as always.

If you didnt open your mouth and speak shit about me in the past then I would have no problems with you.
When is the last time I held up a warp?
Over a year ago.
Hell, we held up mandie for over an hour and they didnt cry like little bitches... they eventually shot us down and continued on their travels - just how the game is meant to be played.

I ONLY talk smart to people AFTER they have spoken smart to me.

But you... go out on purpose to start drama.

There have been threads locked on here for causing much less drama then what you have caused the community over the past 24 hours.

I could have over 30 people banned for personal RL threads in the game... I dont take them seriously, theyre just funny to me... <removed>

I think we all agree that the current group of pirates harass people in space (and elsewhere) and the OP is just one example. Many of us have been in a mothership or privateer while one of them was purposely interrupting warps by firing single shots like in the OP, I remember one on a scheduled flight that lasted at least an hour. I'm not sure if it lasted longer than that, I logged out due to boredom.

I think we all agree that the current group of pirates harass people in space, and the OP is just one example. Many of us have been in a mothership or privateer while one of them was purposely interrupting warps by firing single shots like in the OP, I remember one on a scheduled flight that lasted at least an hour. I'm not sure if it lasted longer than that, I logged out due to boredom.

Got any proof or just simply hearsay ?

You apparently didn't read the post.

"I remember one on a scheduled flight that lasted at least an hour. I'm not sure if it lasted longer than that, I logged out due to boredom"

Again, I ask for proof ...

"I remember one on a scheduled flight that lasted at least an hour. I'm not sure if it lasted longer than that, I logged out due to boredom"

Yes I have proof. No I'm not going to share it as it contains personal chats on board a warp ship.

What is your answer to the OP? Why do you guys harass people in space? All I've heard from you is a lot of "my ___ is __er than yours" but no intelligent responses to why you do these antisocial behaviors which are also against the EULA.

Last edited:
Yes I have proof. No I'm not going to share it as it contains personal chats on board a warp ship.

What is your answer to the OP? Why do you guys harass people in space?

Oh... you didnt read my post... please go up a few post and read it again.
You will find your answer there.

(I can be a smart ass also)

#83 ...

You just proved this yourself earlier with chat logs, that YOU posted, laughing about how you were purposely just canceling HW's warps. YOUR language proved you were purposely harassing for the sake of harassing. THAT is against the EULA. Who cares about past harassment hearsay, when THIS post was explicit about THIS exact incident.

Case closed, nothing else to argue about.

You just proved this yourself earlier with chat logs, that YOU posted, laughing about how you were purposely just canceling HW's warps. YOUR language proved you were purposely harassing for the sake of harassing. THAT is against the EULA. Who cares about past harassment hearsay, when THIS post was explicit about THIS exact incident.

Case closed, nothing else to argue about.

You can take any text log out of context.

This thread is against forum rules, personal disputes.

Many pirates have held up ships before (for years) and we have NEVER ONCE received a warning let alone a ban.

Not sure if you realize this (you should, I assume your 1/2 smart) but the moment you cross into PvP... you cant cry like a little baby for harassment like you can on the planet in your care bear areas...

To me it just sounds like Max doesnt have the capacity to deal with pvp rules.

FYI... :laugh:

2014-12-05 09:50:52 [TO : ****] wanna have some fun ?
2014-12-05 09:50:55 [TO : ****] come on mumble quick
2014-12-05 09:51:10 [TO : ****] ima stop <removed> from warping
2014-12-05 09:54:03 [TO : ****] [58752, 69504, -55]

Seems pretty clear

Oh... you didnt read my post... please go up a few post and read it again.
You will find your answer there.

(I can be a smart ass also)

#83 ...

So your response is that you don't do what the pics clearly show you do? As Rave said, "Case closed, nothing else to argue about. "

Last post in this thread unless you post something intelligent (not holding my breath).

Yes, you can get the jist of our whole conversation about you in 4 lines of text - well done.

Well Chances, in case you forgot, I WAS THERE WHEN YOU WERE DOING IT BOTH TIMES.

Everyone sees through your bullshit right now and no one is impressed. :loco:

So your response is that you don't do what the pics clearly show you do? Last post in this thread until you post something intelligent.

I held Max up, I have never denied this.

I dont like Max, I have never denied this.

I will continue to hold his ship up every time I see him trying to warp (with the intention of shooting it down ofcourse! ... gotta stay in the "gray area" rules dont I)

Well Chances, in case you forgot, I WAS THERE WHEN YOU WERE DOING IT BOTH TIMES.

Everyone sees through your bullshit right now and no one is impressed. :loco:

Dunno, according to all the +rep I have gotten it would seem otherwise :wise:

<removed>

<removed 3rd party hosted image>

I will continue to hold his ship up every time I see him trying to warp (with the intention of shooting it down ofcourse! ... gotta stay in the "gray area" rules dont I)

And if you do that then its 100% ok.

Grey areas are ok, just make sure you stay on the correct side of that fine line.

When you cross the line, thats when myself and others feel the need to get vocal

Its funny how I have all the proof to back up EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CLAIM I make isnt it :ahh:

I think its YOUR bullshit they see through buddy :D

<removed>

On topic I hate more then anything being shot at but Id have to say my personal opinion is that its a PVP area and in such you are allowed to shoot at ppl or vehicles. If you dont like this then try to stay away......

If you cant warp and he obviously cant shoot you down then relax in normal speed til he gets bored, then activate warp right after. If this harrasment was a normal TP in a normal area not PVP (yes you can bump an avatar and interrupt a TP) then Id think its harrass, it sure sounds annoying but its a part of the game and I can understand the thought of the mechanics.

/Linz

No one would ever go in.

Despite what the PVP4 pvpers would have you believe, they are actually dead areas.

Only person I have seen in PVP was coming across his tower, that was recent. Even then, he was either afk or saw me and was like, Lol that noob.

Before that, I have gone about 12/months in pvp without ever coming across someone.

I would say, in my three and a half years. About 15% of my mining has been in PVP, I have been killed twice, as I remember.

Once was on Rocktropia.

So.. in short you are saying.. MOST PLAYERS in entropia don't actually want lootable pvp.

Status
Back