How Far is Too Far?

Should MA Do More to Prevent Such Team Names for Occuring?

• Yes

Votes: 83 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 253 75.3%

• Total voters

Nazbrat

Old Alpha
Society
General Soaring Eagles
david nazbrat mc
In watching the global list this came up

there are Team names that are funny... but this just is not funny and i know people that would be offended by such a team name.

Should MA be doing More to Prevent these Team names with offensive content?

Section 17 Part F
f. You cannot use sexually explicit or offensive language. You cannot post or communicate any defamatory content.

It's times like these that I have to remind myself that different people are offended by different things. I mean... is the word "vagina" really that offensive? It's not even really explicit. It's the correct term for that part of a woman's anatomy. I can think of all sorts of incorrect terms for that part of their anatomy that ARE explicit.

I think vagina is a fine word for a specific part of the female anatomy, now as I get older I may be offended by the use of the word bald!

Hmmm, Sorry. I fail to see the problem. Worst case, maybe a bit of poor taste but offensive? everybody is entitled to an opinion I guess, and of course your entitled to yours, but this is pretty harmless I think.

Just my 2 pecs.:D

Blackjack :cowboy:

Reactions: RR1
of course most men have no problem but what do the ladies have to say about it.

of course most men have no problem but what do the ladies have to say about it.

Defend your point of view however you see fit. I'd still have no problem with it if it said, "Shaved Penises Rock!"

:laugh: I can't even say that one without laughing.

Vagina? Did you say vagina? I thought somebody said vagina. I dont have any problems with vagina. As a matter of fact I kinda like vagina. :D

I shouldve expected this from a lot of People with No Respect for each other Let alone conduct rules.

I shouldve expected this from a lot of People with No Respect for each other Let alone conduct rules.

No respect? Sir, I've shown you nothing but respect. I think what we have here is a case of someone trying to project his own morals onto others. That, in my own humble opinion, is showing a lack of respect. You asked for our opinion, and we gave it. There's no use in throwing a fit because our opinion doesn't fall in line with yours.

Hmmm, Sorry. I fail to see the problem. Worst case, maybe a bit of poor taste but offensive? everybody is entitled to an opinion I guess, and of course your entitled to yours, but this is pretty harmless I think.

Just my 2 pecs.:D

Blackjack :cowboy:

I second that...and so does lootius appearently! :thumbup:

...and on a second note I think vaginas rock either way! :wtg:

No respect? Sir, I've shown you nothing but respect. I think what we have here is a case of someone trying to project his own morals onto others. That, in my own humble opinion, is showing a lack of respect. You asked for our opinion, and we gave it. There's no use in throwing a fit because our opinion doesn't fall in line with yours.

Well said! +rep! :yay:

P.S. Did I mention that I love Vagina?

I'm disturbed but I'm fine with that :D

Last edited:
I personally dont find it offensive...I mean its not even derogatory or slang..but I respect the fact that people are sensitive to this type of stuff..

I as well have have no problem with the name, trust me you will see much worse. I do admit that that now that I have a couple kids and I am getting older, I have seen a few team names go by that made me :ahh:

How do you shave a vagina? No hair grows there :scratch2:

the term" this creature didnt carry any loot" offends me far more, especially as it seems to spam my chat window..grrrr

No, because it would be a first step to a total censorship. What next? Ban for those who use both words "damn" and "MA" in one sentence of private chat?

Only male reply ... i would like to have som girl point of view here (no joke :) )

But , imho , the word vagina aint so nice , i would preffer use pussy , sound way more cute for me.

Offending... well , I did saw way more offending team name , not because the word used , but because the purpose was to hurt other people , naming them with insult and things like that.

So far , that team name is maybe not so funny , but i dont think its offending.

I asked my girlfriend to glance over this thread so she could give me a female perspective. These were her words:

"It would've been funnier if they called the team name, 'Hairy Pussy is Amazing!'"

I'm taking her opinion with a grain of salt due to the fact that her and I are a couple. She may be a bit callous. I would love to hear other female points of view.

i think only the womens with hairy pussy can feel themselves offended by this teamname :laugh:

cmon most EU players are over 18 .... ffs it is not like we are children who blush or are ashamed over something like that. And imo it is not offending to anyone, it is just a remark and nothing more.

oooh i love this: "In the name of tolerance and respect, ban such things!"
does anybody feel the oxymoron in that?

I usually don't read any of the global messages, but think people can make their team name whatever they want ;) See no problem with this team name...

I know a man called Shaved Vaginas Rock

But it's pronounced Sha-Vedd Wah-Gi-Nass Roke

He doesn't mind when people get it wrong.

cmon most EU players are over 18 .... ffs it is not like we are children who blush or are ashamed over something like that. And imo it is not offending to anyone, it is just a remark and nothing more.

It is possible though that the team members are under 18, and think its a great joke, and even some people over 18 can act like 13. I have personally found since I started living in a dorm at uni, that what some people find offensive other do not, due to there upbringing, culture and religious beliefs, so people should consider this when they are talking.

It also is hard to stop though because it has become part of our language because it is so common in multimedia such as films. It is no longer shocking to say these words out aloud.

It is possible though that the team members are under 18, and think its a great joke, and even some people over 18 can act like 13.

This was my thought. While i don't find it offensive it is perhaps childish

This belongs in the same trash basket as the wanking smiley thread.

Sorry dude, but this this is an over-reaction. If you are that sensitive, well, that's an issue you must address.

Yes - a childish team name, for sure. But not offensive.

(Would have been interesting if they had of ATH'd) :)

safara´s right...

How do you shave a vagina? No hair grows there :scratch2:

I believe this gentleman might actually have a point! Technically speaking...

"In common speech, the term "vagina" is often used inaccurately to refer to the vulva or female genitals generally; strictly speaking, the vagina is a specific internal structure and the vulva is the exterior genitalia only."

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina

+rep safara :thumbup:

oooh i love this: "In the name of tolerance and respect, ban such things!"
does anybody feel the oxymoron in that?

I do.

Where does one draw the line, if one does wish censorship?

I tried to post the name of the lead singer from Iron Maiden on a site once.

"Bruce Dickinson" became "Bruce Williamson" when the sites filter had done it's thing. Totally daft. Dick refers to things in addition to a Penis, and Dickinson is his name.

I personal prefer freedom of speech, (with the risk that some will abuse that freedom) to the opposite situation where you become afraid to speak at all in case you fall foul of some overly officious rule forbidding the use of certain words/phrases just in case 0.00001% of the population might be offended.

Reminds me of a case a few years ago where a council in the UK tried to rename Christmas to "Winterval" in case the non-Christian members of the local community were offended.
It was not well recieved, and imagine how offended Jews would be if asked to rename Chanukah to "winterval" too.

Back