PE|EU WikiTools

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
Latest update: The skill calculator tool has been integrated into Entropedia. The Progress Calculator (Instructions: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ntropia-universe-wikitools-5.html#post1299853) is still available only on the original site.

I am pleased to officially announce a new option for skill value calculations to supercede Entropia Tools. Entropia Tools was excellent but has unfortunately been abandoned by the developer (edit: CareBear just stated intention to fix EntropiaTools. I imagine WikiTools will still remain the more accurate but possibly less flashy option), and become obsolete due to a VU that changed the skill system. PE|EU WikiTools is intended to extend the PE Wiki Avatar and skill information pages to provide an avatar skill value calculator. It is based on data and discussion in the ESI thread and was most recently summarized like this.

To use the tool, create an account on the wiki and then either upload your avatar's skills from the data collected by a popular utility such as No Resources Found or enter them manually. Then, enter your avatar name in the search box in WikiTools and it will give you an analysis of your skill values based on market prices as reported by PEAuction (but which can be customized).

There is also a simple calculator to find the size of ESI needed for a given level of skills or to estimate a final level given a chip of a certain size. This can be invoked by including values in the URI:
http://entropiawiki.com/wikitools/?level=2000 (Find the ESI tt needed to extract a skill at level 2k)
http://entropiawiki.com/wikitools/?level=2000&chip=9.95 (Find the level achieved by chipping a 9.95 PED chip on top of 2000 skills.)
http://entropiawiki.com/wikitools/?chip=49.99 (Find the level achieved by chipping a 49.99 PED chip on a skill at 1)
or by using the small form on the page.

The calculator won't go above 17k skills because that is completely unknown territory. Up to 7k it should be very accurate (< 1% average error), but the error could be much larger for 8k+. If you want the accuracy improved, you can help out in the original thread.

So give PE|EU WikiTools a try!
If you find a defect, or want a new feature, please post here.

Temporarily at the old site, try the new progress calculator. You paste in two skill snapshots from the jdegre skill scanner or put in your own relevant skills as skill,level pairs and it will tell you many repetitions of the same amount of skilling you'd have to do to reach a target professional standing level.

Last edited:
I think someone just broke it, it reverts to a default page and I cannot convert skill value into PED, which is what's hard to do (as compared to turning PED value into skill)

:(

Are you sure you're not using the old link?

http://esi.coolinc.info/?level=9999 works fine for me.

Seems to be working now. What is up with the lack of good hosting space guys, everyone goes for the crappy hosting options...

I can't bear to manually edit my skills, those are like so last year...

I did a result crunch on macing my berries. I spent 40 peds of tt, and got skills worth 10 peds, and of course normal loot.

Works Great for me, Thx for the effort of creating this.
It is appreciated by us mear mortals. ;)

You must spread...blah blah blah

Great tool Doer :)

Everything works fine for me with one exception: BLP Weaponry Technology says "No recorded sales" under the Markup/Market Value/Net Value columns

Great tool Doer :)

Everything works fine for me with one exception: BLP Weaponry Technology says "No recorded sales" under the Markup/Market Value/Net Value columns

Thanks. Oops, i forgot there was one skill with two consecutive caps. Regexp fixed, problem fixed. ;)

Thank you very much for that tool, works like a charm. Very valuable! I also like the possibility to manually enter ESI markup.

Difference to the atm. not maintenanced entropiatools.com is pretty high. Net Value after ESI costs ~ 25k against 38.6k in my case.

Sounds like a really nice tool and I will try it out as soon as I get home. If you want to get rid of that ad banner I can probably give you some free space on hrafninn.se for PE|EU WikiTools.

So now, I can't wait to get home. :laugh:

Great work :). I will add a link on wikicharts too.

Another craking little tool. I can use this whenever I'm feeling poor for a virtual lift. :yay:

+ rep

It records the miner professional standing as the unlocked miner skill. Could be tricky to separate.

Another craking little tool. I can use this whenever I'm feeling poor for a virtual lift. :yay:

+ rep

It records the miner professional standing as the unlocked miner skill. Could be tricky to separate.

I looked at the tools result and charts for your avatar. You're saying that you haven't unlocked "Miner", but that when you upload skills to wikicharts it is recording your professional standing level as the unlocked skill, right? The mix up is happening during the upload, so if you can confirm your method of uploading the skills, Witte can probably fix it. Thanks for pointing that out

Used the NRF CSV upload. Thanks for being more thorough in checking than me ;) It's the upload to wiki that's put the pro standing in the wrong section.

Ah ok. I doubt that the XML import would have that problem. I have notified Witte, though.

I altered the treatment of skill levels to take fractional values (float). The integer constraint for clarity was just too, er, constraining. Now it's easier to do comparisons between hunts, even with high skills (where only fractions of a skill might be gained each hunt).

The only real issue i'm aware of right now is that the market values remain the same if you keep a page open for hours or days, even if you resort a column or otherwise refresh it. The date for the peauction update will change but the values (which are maintained for a session so you can put in custom numbers) will not actually be updated. I could add a separate timestamp to the page to keep track of it, but IMO this isn't a big issue, so i'm just giving notice of the behavior.

is there another way to upload ur skills other than PE Stats and NRF? PE stats doesn't work anymore, and i've not used NRF so i don't know what to do. looking for a simple "take a screeny of ur skills and make a file out of em" type program. i don't want to enter it all in manually, it'l take ages.

Hi.
I have for 3 months not been able to login to the pe-wiki.info page at all.. I cant remember my password and cant reset it either.. Can you please fix this sometime?

looking for a simple "take a screeny of ur skills and make a file out of em" type program

NRF does this easily enough. Just a case of pressing a single button for each skill page with Entropia running then save the file. Sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for. Takes less than minute.

NRF does this easily enough. Just a case of pressing a single button for each skill page with Entropia running then save the file. Sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for. Takes less than minute.

ah right, good to know. thanks, will check it out more thoroughly then :thumbup:

Used the NRF CSV upload. Thanks for being more thorough in checking than me ;) It's the upload to wiki that's put the pro standing in the wrong section.

It seems there is both a miner skill and miner profession. Whin I find some time, ill take a look what i can do about that ;)

er, i think im having a problem with my section. im pressing the skill value button on wiki and the page i get displayed is this:

am i doing somthing wrong?

er, i think im having a problem with my section. im pressing the skill value button on wiki and the page i get displayed is this:

am i doing somthing wrong?

No I made a mistake somewhere in the code, Doer already informed me about that. I will fix it tomorrow. In the meanwhile you can simply enter your full avatar name in the box and it will work ;).

Both issues are fixed (links and Miner), although not fully tested.

It appears that CareBear intends to update Entropia Tools after all, so i have updated the first post to reflect that fact.

Due to the painstaking work on matching the skill level to tt i am confident that WikiTools will remain the more accurate option, but if you prefer Entropia Tools it should soon be useful again.

Hey Doer, your site looks very nice :D Have you considered opening up an API to your skill calculator for other sites? In exchange for recognition, links, etc... etc...? I can understand if you don't want to... just thought I'd ask.

Hey Doer, your site looks very nice :D Have you considered opening up an API to your skill calculator for other sites? In exchange for recognition, links, etc... etc...? I can understand if you don't want to... just thought I'd ask.

Thanks, CareBear, and welcome back.

It will probably improve feedback on the results of the calculations, and thus information that will lead to its improvement, to have it more widely used; therefore, i will provide the following API for now:

You can get a csv file of the results of a csv input like so:
http://esi.coolinc.info/?action=batchcalc&level=1000,2000,3000,4000,16500
Returns: 3.43,11.64,29.66,68.84,-1.00 as a csv file called result.csv

Note: values above the currently supported range will return -1.0. The result of negative or non-numeric input is undefined.

The inverse result can be requested thus:
http://esi.coolinc.info/?action=batchcalc&chip=3.43,11.64,29.66,68.84,12000
Returns: 998.98,2000.88,3000.81,4000.75,15999.97
as a file called result.csv

Note: values that map to a higher level than the maximum supported level are clamped to the max level. The result of negative or non-numeric input is undefined. This calculation is an approximation that doesn't concern itself too much with exact inversion of the level->tt function -- but it should be close.

If you find this not suitable or find a defect, please let me know.

Obviously it will be faster and more efficient to concatenate all the needed values together and send a single request rather than send a bunch of separate requests.

Please post a link to PE|EU WikiTools or PE Wiki Charts in connection with this and also a link to this thread requesting feedback on the accuracy of the results.

Last edited:
Great, thanks Doer... I'm excited about adding this entropiatools :D

i think i've found another problem with the site Doer:

in this picture:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
look at the alertness. the net value was 12.05 ped.

in this one:
the peauction markup was a little lower than when the 1st pic above was taken, so the net value naturally went down to 10.96 ped. i was trying to recreate the same value of the skills, but i wanted to change the markup of the ESI's from peauction's 666% to the 750% i paid for a couple today. i typed in 750% at the bottom link, but the markup column didn't change. i then realised that the markups for the skills were different, so i made those the same by typing 2200 into the box. still, nothing changed.

an afterthought just came into my head. im on a different pc atm, and i don't think i was logged in. could this be the problem?

i think i've found another problem with the site Doer:

in this picture:
look at the alertness. the net value was 12.05 ped.

in this one:
the peauction markup was a little lower than when the 1st pic above was taken, so the net value naturally went down to 10.96 ped. i was trying to recreate the same value of the skills, but i wanted to change the markup of the ESI's from peauction's 666% to the 750% i paid for a couple today. i typed in 750% at the bottom link, but the markup column didn't change. i then realised that the markups for the skills were different, so i made those the same by typing 2200 into the box. still, nothing changed.

an afterthought just came into my head. im on a different pc atm, and i don't think i was logged in. could this be the problem?

What I see in the photos is that everything but the ESI market price appears to be the same. Are you saying that after you changed the ESI market price to the same value as the other one, it didn't change anything? Because the chip market prices are the same in the two screenies.

Not being logged into pe-wiki shouldn't affect anything.

Your first image is consistent with the ESI price being set to 628%. The second is consistent with it being set to 750%, so I'm not sure I understand the problem. If i change the value from 628 to 750 and back i get one image results, then the other.

Last edited:
Back