Preview of New Oxford

Can't wait to see more :)

One word: awesome!

Da Snake said:
Personally, the article just reinforces my belief that this is a complete waste of time. Art is a leisure activity. MA has no time for leisure with all the bugs, poor graphics and badly needed upgrades to the game engine. Besides, a quick look at PE auction will show you that the max paid for a decoration/furniture item is like 2000ped (excluding Manufacturing terminals as those are actually useful!). And don’t tell me that an artist is going to let that 2000ped go into the loot pool, they want to be paid.

Seriously, MA get your priorities straight. Are big depositors going to be attracted to EU to purchase virtual art? doubt it. More likely we going to end up with a bunch of freeloading artists creating stick figure portraits selling them in PA along side the resellers ripping off noobs.

The Ad system is a great idea, this New Oxford idea just plain sucks

100% Totally agree What a COMPLETE WASTE!

Edit: I dont kow much about art, but this just sucks:
1.gif

Use the time to Fix yer frigging bugs and rework yer F#&%¤ LootSystem

Ted said:

1.gif

WoW, that is freaking ugly painting, and anyone who says it is nice, either owns part of MA, or are seriously just kissing up

deo said:
WoW, that is freaking ugly painting, and anyone who says it is nice, either owns part of MA, or are seriously just kissing up

I think I just heard Escher groan ;)

<insert picture of dogs playing poker>
I may not know art but I know what I like
:laugh:

Ted said:

1.gif

well i clicked the link, took one look at that guy in the photo and closed the page again. I've seen his orange hair and crap fashion sense and thats enough.

There is no place in EU for ginger avatars! :handgun: :silly:

will it be in a pvp zone? Please let me know so i can start skilling blp

well , mix 1700 and 70-80s ... totaly old MA fashion...

why do you think deluxe are somewhat wooden old castel ?

Let the art to artists ... I am currently studying art in an ... art school :D And I can tell you that art isn't a matter of beauty, but of self expression ! Don't simply look at the paint, try to find what the author wanted to express/tell in his work.

I'm not asking you to like art :silly2: but, please, don't insult the artists and their work because you refuse to understand what they do.

Oh and btw, I'll surely buy some art for my virtual house and why not for my real one. I'm happy to see that virtuality meets more and more reality.

Last edited:
kygon said:
well its on ameth so lets hope the N or E gets opened :)

I hope this guy designed a few new mobs - these last few have really not been well designed at all

You are willing to hunt surrealistic virtual deers ?

Okay, which one of you asked for art galleries in the wishlist section? :trout:

But seriously, I read the article (or the translation) this morning and I'm still trying to figure out what the thought process behind this development was. If I want to see art I get into my car and drive to an art gallery or if I want to view it online I go to an artist's website. If I want to attend art classes I sign up IRL and attend them, but when I log in to PE I want to hunt or craft or mine or in short play the game.

As someone said, ads I can see, but ART? :confused:

...and this stuff will help us colonists stop the robots from destroying our home exactly HOW?

The artistes need to stay on Earth. The society on Calypso is unable to support Those that are not either directly involved in support infrastructure, or putting rounds into robots.

Whoever authorized the migration of these people to my beloved planet are barking loons. Project Entropia has jumped the shark.

AG

Player-Versus-Painter? :sniper: lol

The fight against the robots will be over dude.

Entropia Universe isn't a video game where you level up and kill stuff ... it's a place where virtuality meets reality ... so in this logic, if art is a part of our own society, why wouldn't it be a part of EU society ? I love art, I'm sure lot of people in Entropia Universe love art too, let them enjoy this great improvement in virtual entertainment ! This is not a useless addition to Entropia Universe !

Mooze said:
Entropia Universe isn't a video game where you level up and kill stuff ... it's a place where virtuality meets reality ... !

....erm....I've been levelling up.... and it must be said, killing a lot of stuff too.....

Okay, you can level up and kill stuffs ... but you didn't understand the full potential of Entropia Universe ... it's not only a video game.

Hurrikane said:
....erm....I've been levelling up.... and it must be said, killing a lot of stuff too.....
i agree with mooze on this one, killking and levelling up is fun but its been done for a good ten years now, time to try and be original and see what happens, most likely it will probally flop but lets just see.

Yes, yes, a virtual universe where artists, gamers, and whover else MA thinks has cash in their pocket to grab could all live would be quite nice, and it'd be grand to see...

However, that's not what I signed on here for, and that's not what I've sunk several thousands of PEDs into to see happen to Calypso. I'll wager that the vast majority of the players won't give one wit about New Oxford, save to bring a parade of Atroxes or worse down the main thoroughfare. The planet must be further tamed before the niceties that culture can bring can really be suported on-planet. I'm not gonna throw myself in fromt of some budding Jackson Pollock to save his arse from an oncoming Warlock 09, are you?

In the meantime, I'll be blasting mobs, wecking wascally wobots, and occasionally making Jesters to hand out to noobs. The gun still rules on Calypso.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to have them in the GAME (Sorry, we're all coming here for recreation, save maybe for the MA employees, Deathifier, and NeverDie...anyone else that thinks they're gonna make a honest living here? Yeah, right.) system, just that planet Calypso is not the place for them.

Maybe the Imperial government has discovered a another planet that is habitable, is safe for the robot menace, could open up the possibilities of interplanetary trade, and who knows... make this incredible game actually more like a galaxy, if not the "Universe" they're currently claiming Calypso is part of.

After all, one planet and two space stations don't make a universe, boys!

AG

Personnally I like to see the virtual universe expand into other areas and present new graphical entities with which we can interact with at some level.

I would really like to see adverts from real world companies, where upon seeing an advert for something in the real world I like, I can then wander up to a trade terminal or vendor stall and purchase the real world item from inside the virtual universe, and then it turn up on my 'in real life' door step a couple of days later.

Now that would be really cool. Provided that there was some incentive to purchase an item within entropia rather going to a website and ordering for the same money, things would have to be offered up slightly cheaper for it to work.

But of course what I would like and what will happen are not intertwined fates, as I would like to get loot sometimes, but yellow text is all I see of late. :laugh:

Huskie said:
How do I contact MA to add my own masterpiece to the gallery? :rolleyes:

Art.JPG

OMG lol +rep...it is going to the dogs :laugh:

Can't say I support or go against it...but comon, a art center? Will this open a new skill, new items, or just another real life person/company who paid large amounts just to invade EU?

Thought bots were the threat...

MA should set up cameras to some places and start streaming
the game activities to outside. There are art galleries in
SecondLife already, so they could stream folks looking art
at Entropia to SL citizens hehe. And why not we could look
events from SL in New Oxford?

KapokWu said:
MA should set up cameras to some places and start streaming
the game activities to outside. There are art galleries in
SecondLife already, so they could stream folks looking art
at Entropia to SL citizens hehe. And why not we could look
events from SL in New Oxford?

Because there is a reason I don't like SL. Let me quote one of the people when I was trying it out "Just think of SL as an advanced chat room" ;)

Havent even read the thread full before i get tired. I surely will check into that gallery, paintings are nice. but a shared soc container would help out and be more useful atm id say. scammers are worse then ever. faplag bug crap and relog every 20k ammo is ABIT anoying. And chatbug? i can not be impressed about this evolution MA does as long my days in this Universe is any better then it was before. Bugged friendlist/hangar so theres almost impossible to take ppl to space, bugged hangar dark as in hell (?)
Its only going to be yet another thing i see astead of the fixing of the bugs this oxford whatever.
Othervise in well thank you...

In the beginning, i didnot mind this project of new town .
But when i read the article,i realised that they used resources of MindArk like time and money for design,graphics,programming that could be used for better improvements of PE......

What i understood from the article and other descriptions is that its a place for 3 or more RL artists to show and sell their arts...
There will be lectures and exhibitions....Ok...but.
Do you really think majority of players will spend their time visiting this place and buying paintings and sculpture of RL artists?....
This is something only PE deluxe_people will care about in the beginning ..
I think most of players will only visit this place once or twice just like they visited once or twice the RDI at Port Atlantis....
And then they will return to the real game which is about hunting, mining, crafting, sweating,trading,etc.....
Kostabi,Billgren.....Did you play PE before this project?? No you havenot played to PE at all ! ...Because you are coming to sell your things to PE players..I dare you to buy each others paintings in PE ! I doubt that would happen because Kostabi and Billgren you are here to sell your art ,not to buy others art....which you want us to do.

Art is a question of personal taste ,yep its true ......And it can mean something for people.Thats why i think Art is a part of PE that shouldnot be too much neglected....but not like New Oxford !!
I mean....Let players make their owns art and why not sell them to other players ?.....Lets say MindArk adds a system ingame for rock sculpting and painting..So you can sculpt or paint something with constraints of time and work thus you cant flood the market ...Then people see your artwork and few persons love your artwork .. This is the birth of the true Calypsian Art !
With a very good opportunity of creating adjacent markets like business of tools for sculpting or drawing(pencils,chisels...) and another use for minerals and also a market for pigments .....(Vote for me as game-design leader at MA :) )

Instead of inviting 3 RL artists that dont know what a snabblesnot is .....
Then in my project of art, you 'd see paintings of Lootius ;) or portraits of famous players,etc...any personal art !
And if you really feel like you dont fit inside the box...Just go buy some spray cans at TT and by night (with day/night cycle) sneak to the wall behind the hangar of your damn rival.....And spray your name on the large scale !!!!!
"FRANCINE WAS HERE" ! lol

Thats the way i 'd like Art in PE ....

Last edited:
Mooze said:
... art isn't a matter of beauty, but of self expression ! Don't simply look at the paint, try to find what the author wanted to express/tell in his work...

exactly!!!

Mynx said:
Because there is a reason I don't like SL. Let me quote one of the people when I was trying it out "Just think of SL as an advanced chat room" ;)

2 year i call PE the best 3D chat ever.

And when i see what MA is going to do .... i guess i am more right then i though :)

I am not against art , but i feel like it was som cheap to MA to make a new town with lots of new stuff.
Remember that lots of things in game are copicat from IRL things.MA whanted something new , so , since they forget their imagination with balls in their last pants , they take an artist.
But those people cost the hell ... so the easy way , its a trade , MA promiss fantastic selling in a wonderfull virtual universe with over 400k player to the artis , and artis work his ass out for free.

What is the point for us player.
If the artist worked only for 1 town , and his going to selle his stuff , then its waste of time .

If he visited the game , and changed things here and there in the game , then it can be good.

we more need someone to redisign mobs , tree , grass , new batiment , sculture for town .....

thought about it, and now don't think an art gallery is such a bad idea, but like many say, perhaps not of the highest priority with so many common "wish-list" themes not taken up.

I can see it useful in convincing non-gamers why your obsession is justified..."...hey man, there's hunting, mining, crafting...you can even visit a chuffing Art Gallery...."

It's a bit like putting hawaiian-print seat covers on a lamborghini when you could just make it run better though.......

Last edited:
Hurrikane said:
It's a bit like putting hawaiian-print seat covers on a Lamborghini when you could just make it run better though.......
let me improve your sentence :)

It's a bit like putting hawaiian-print manualy made buy artist that cost 200 000$ to covers seat on a Lamborghini when you have not finish motor and it can not run more then 10 km without a problem.

Etopia said:
let me improve your sentence :)

It's a bit like putting hawaiian-print manualy made buy artist that cost 200 000$ to covers seat on a Lamborghini when you have not finish motor and it can not run more then 10 km without a problem.

....and the animals you run down in it seem to pay less and less lol

Back