Preview of New Oxford

omg lol husky

lol husky nice "art"

i think Entropia universe (EU) is not about art, its about killing mobs yeah :boxer:

unless there's gonna be crafting terminals around and storage and other terminals around, so people will come there to trade, i think it's gonna be hades II
not the first 2 days, maybe not the first week... but after a week and 1 day... :D
I just hope there's more to do than that art gallery, cause i won't go there everyday to watch the same old art over and over again... i might go there once in a month (like i do with hades ^^)

I think one of the most important things is this is content added to the Entropia Universe that does not involve gambling.

Marco|MindArk said:
So, where is the preview, which one is it?
The picture of Danderyds Sjukhus?
The poorly photoshopped picture of a guy with a stuffed animal under his arm?
The kneeling cow?
Or Atrox-trapping-Bridge Deluxe? :dunce:

Oh and by the way, Marco, when will we see an interview with Mark Kostabi appear? You don't want one, do you? I dare you.. :tongue2:

Mindarks Carl Uggla svarar att de första tavlorna som kommer att finnas tillgängliga för ”Jorden-leverans”, Entropias inbyggda e-handel, är Mark Kostabis verk.

And this is old news, I already have one of his :silly2:

KapokWu said:
Well, the artist (Enrst Billgren) designs nice furniture at least.

lol that's nice furniture? Well to each his own...

I think one of the most important things is this is content added to the Entropia Universe that does not involve gambling.

Now that i think is the most insightful thing i've read in this thread.

Last edited:
Yeah i just can't wait to see deer city with lost of art :p i promise to spend at last one hour each week there watching deers :D

hey c'mon it's suposted to be fun :p or what ? :D

I still wonder if there will be a fee to visit the art expo , or if MA will do something free ...

hope its free

i sure hope its free

i would love to see the brand new oxfort and all of its beauty :clap:

snipercup said:
i sure hope its free

i would love to see the brand new oxfort and all of its beauty :clap:

Have you seen the dum-asse's guy comercial ?

" Hello , i am the future of the new oxford city , PE players , remove the L from PLAY , remove the R from the FREE " coming soon ...

Well , PAY-FEE , lol

Nice, Billgren is a very cool arts ambassadeur for Sweden.

Always been on the edge of things.

Proud that MA found a cooperation with him, and also with Kostabi.

So arts and humanities came before industralization. I guess we have to wait for that then, miners and crafters alike :)

Good initiative Marco.

Silver

A Deer Sphinx ? This looks *cough* *censored*

Everything else look really nice but Mindark is really good in creating nice places i just remind on minopolis and hadesheim. The Question of sucess or not will the content who make this city filled with lots of participants or creating another deserted place in entropia

Fiona Simmons said:
A Deer Sphinx ? This looks *cough* *censored*

Everything else look really nice but Mindark is really good in creating nice places i just remind on minopolis and hadesheim. The Question of sucess or not will the content who make this city filled with lots of participants or creating another deserted place in entropia

to keep the place filled with lots of participant you need to have a lot of participant.

And , if , since som time we have see a lot more player it was because MA had made som effort to reduce lag , but those effort stoped , and the insane lag is back since som time , no wonder why there less player.

I hope , with new town , and new engine , MA will also solve som of the bug bring in the 2 last VU that create big lag :(

kygon said:
I hope this guy designed a few new mobs - these last few have really not been well designed at all

And some new armor! :wise:

This shows a lot of promise.

Artists are an integral form of any society - both real and virtual as we all bring our qualities with us in our virtual representations of ourselves. An art gallery is, at least for my part, a very welcome addition to Entropia. Why not? We already have museums, bars (though not with any bewerage), auctioneers, shops, estates etc. etc. However, I, like a couple of others from this thread, do hope this brings about a few new avatar activities.

Now my only questions is; when are we writers/authors going to get our profession as an available alternative in Entropia? After all, litterature is just another artform - and with the culture center that New Oxford is supposed to be, shouldn't also literature be part of it?

Anyhow; humankind have been artists at least for as long as it's been hunters - not to mention miners. The humans of old did, after all, laboriously decorate their caves, holy sites and hunting grounds...

I for one look forward to this :D

Journeyer said:
Now my only questions is; when are we writers/authors going to get our profession as an available alternative in Entropia? After all, litterature is just another artform - and with the culture center that New Oxford is supposed to be, shouldn't also literature be part of it?

WOOT! Great point man let us writers in!

Journeyer said:
when are we writers/authors going to get our profession as an available alternative in Entropia?

Do keep in mind DJs were promised the first involvement.

Ted said:
100% Totally agree What a COMPLETE WASTE!

Edit: I dont kow much about art, but this just sucks:
1.gif

Use the time to Fix yer frigging bugs and rework yer F#&%¤ LootSystem

LOL

NOW do you belive me??? the guy just sux.. thats it.

predden said:
LOL

NOW do you belive me??? the guy just sux.. thats it.

I kindof like that painting. And most of the ones in Billgren's gallery.

Mynx said:
Okay, which one of you asked for art galleries in the wishlist section? :trout:

I think they were asking for PLAYER MADE galleries.. I.E. That whole art.artpad.com fad with everyone drawing 'stories' in art..

Not a single person who asked for 'art galleries' meant for art from a reallife artist I dont think. Im sure they were thinking of an ingame painting/display system, I know I was.

Ted said:

1.gif

Wow!!! There seems to be a bug with that painting :painter: Perspective, whats that :confused:

:girl:

Ted said:

1.gif

omg what a fierce looking mob, where can I kill one and what do they drop? :laugh:

please don't be so criticising of everything these guys are trying to do, you know how sensitive artists can be, and I'm sure they probably read all these posts over breakfast
:sniper: :painter: :whip:

hmmm, something subliminal is going on here methinks, first we had the 'Pay Fee' voice message now we get pictures of Fawns (baby deer) add the two together and you get:

'PAY DEAR FEE' :eek:

Last edited:
Apparently, the new fawns drop "smiley face" chairs. It looks like the one in the painting just shat one. lol

Anyone know where they're spawning?

AG

hi everyone,

ok .. I was holding off on saying anything about this idea until I could see it for myself. Last night ... I went for a long walk ... and really checked out Oxford. I have to say that I agree with the negative feedback about it ... at this time. PE may soon be ready for this sort of thing ..... but its not now …. And besides, there are so many things that need to be fixed!!!

MA .. you should look after those that are loyal to you, even though we may not be "giving" you new credit card numbers like the noobs do. You already have our credit card numbers ... and we 'still' spend thousands .... yet, you neglect the loot system to the point that seasoned players don't want to play anymore. How about giving back a little??????

How is it that you decide on new projects … as long as the monthly income is still there, you say “forget the players” and just focus on new business?!?!??!?!?! After the noobs put a bid of cash in, they don’t matter anymore?!?!?!? I know you're a business, but come on! You don't have to make it so obvious that you only really care about the noobs and their credit cards! (this is becoming more clear with every VU)

sorry MA .. but its the truth.

Jessie

Man that deer picture....if a ten year old niece did that for me it STILL wouldn't make the fridge door... it's dire! The deer look like it's there because of lag issues..... the picture has the artistic merit of a 10p Xmas card. If this is the best they can come up with from a "professional" artist they were ripped.

Like a lot of people I don't recall ANYONE asking for Art, Lag or a useless new town...nice to see the needs of the customer remain paramount here. As for buying avatar clothes for wearing in RL.... hahahahaha! Can't wait to see it!. If you could buy clothes for your avatar that looked like clothes already available IRL they would sell like crazy...NOT the other way round.... think my neighbours would laugh their t*ts off if I strolled out the house in "Entropia Fashion" lol

Back