Teaser!

Status
Awesome I can't wait :D Sharpening up my blades and filling my clips now.

The map will be great if you can add your own permanent markers, ie favourite hunting spot etc

so they are playing with calypso landscape while theres shitload of bugs out there waiting to be fixed forever ?

I will forgive them if they fix Polished Chrome and Black Paint and make clothing sit better on my avatar again. Tired of having breasts.

The map will be great if you can add your own permanent markers, ie favourite hunting spot etc

Indeed, if this is the case. It will be a good update.

...if however its just a cosmetic thing (as I fear) it will be the same shit in new wrapping.

When someone from MA does something good and post a teaser of something new (something which I find awesome btw) then................................wait for it.......

.....here it comes.....

.......ready?...........

STFU AND BITCH SOMEWHERE ELSE, LIKE IN A THREAD ACTUALLY ABOUT THE STUPID THING YOU ARE BITCHING ABOUT, BUT NOT HERE.

{removed}

Merry Xmas

Last edited by a moderator:
When someone from MA does something good and post a teaser of something new (something which I find awesome btw) then................................wait for it.......

.....here it comes..... .......ready?...........

STFU AND BITCH SOMEWHERE ELSE, LIKE IN A THREAD ACTUALLY ABOUT THE STUPID THING YOU ARE BITCHING ABOUT, BUT NOT HERE, YOU IGNORANT ASS-MONKEYS!!!

{removed}

Merry Xmas

It's a forum :) people have different views, i don't see anyone complaining about people who "find it awesome"

It's a forum :) people have different views, i don't see anyone complaining about people who "find it awesome"

Right because complaining about, or finding awesome, THIS THREAD'S SUBJECT: the MAP, is a normal and proper thing to do. Talking about all the other shit you people miss, in this thread, is NOT. :)

So, lets go over this one more time....

- Talking good about this map in this thread is ok.
- Talking bad about the map in this thread is ok.
- Whining about other stuff that is not in this thread, is NOT ok.

Ok...one more time...a lot of this forum might not get it...:hammer:

Right because complaining about, or finding awesome, THIS THREAD'S SUBJECT: the MAP, is a normal and proper thing to do. Talking about all the other shit you people miss, in this thread, is NOT. :)

So, lets go over this one more time....

- Talking good about this map in this thread is ok.
- Talking bad about the map in this thread is ok.
- Whining about other stuff that is not in this thread, is NOT ok.

Ok...one more time...a lot of this forum might not get it...:hammer:

It says "Teaser!" as the title of the thread so naturally people come in here to see if perhaps it's something they are waiting to see in the game and when it isn't i guess they feel a tad deflated.

I see no reason to call people ass monkeys and get so angry over it, perhaps you should chat to a 5 year old and get some hint's on acting a little more mature.

It's a nice looking map other than that i have no idea what it means.

It says "Teaser!" as the title of the thread so naturally people come in here to see if perhaps it's something they are waiting to see in the game and when it isn't i guess they feel a tad deflated.

I see no reason to call people ass monkeys and get so angry over it, perhaps you should chat to a 5 year old and get some hint's on acting a little more mature.

It's a nice looking map other than that i have no idea what it means.

Removed "Ass-monkeys" cuz....grrrr....ugh....mmmmm...u...are right.

Houdini used to make a elephant disappear using misdirection!

Obvious distractions should be geared more to an individual's interests...
036.JPG

-O-
:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

*Not agreeing or disagreeing with Lighterthief, just thought his post was hilarious!*

Last edited:
It was said that this thread is no place to talk about the "missing things" that many are still waiting for, or the "bugs" that continue to frustrate so many, and yet I see some of those people in this thread hailing the coming of something new with a style of map we haven't seen yet, and getting excited over anticipation of what this teaser is all about.

There is no shortage of posts by players who defend Calypso against other planets, and THE planet to be, where all is possible because of being first and where most of the population is, so things are a bit easier to accomplish, but it is THE planet that players seem to complain about the most - the evidence is in abundance and clearly accessible - maybe because it was the first?

And there's something I'm not quite understanding .... tell Kim about the bugs and he'll fix them right away - really? If that were the case, then all of the support cases sent in should be closed by now, yes?

It continues to absolutely fascinate me how easy it is to distract some in this community into a somewhat altered state of consciousness - like getting a new toy on Christmas morning when you know your favorite toy is still broken, or pieces of your favorite puzzle are still missing and haven't been found yet - will they ever?

I like new things, I like progress, I like advancement, I like new technology, and I love creativity in our universe, but I also love stability and for things to work as they are meant to work FIRST, before bringing in something else that is going to make an attempt at distracting my attention away from the broken parts, only to find yet again that we have even more broken parts, and sometimes even broken parts that we thought were already fixed. :scratch2:

All planets have broken parts, as well as the structural integrity of space and anything else that MA is responsible for that is not covered by PP development, so my question is ...

While we love new things to play with, why aren't you fixing what is broken first, and working on stability that we deserve as players before engaging the small development teams that you have on this kind of stuff ... really ... is there someone within the organization who can honestly answer this question? - it's not rhetorical.

And another question to those celebrating this teaser ... are you really happy with how things are on Calypso (or overall, anywhere in the universe), really? And you don't consider this yet another distraction to keep your minds off of what isn't right with the need for more focus on what is wrong? If all you're waiting for is the next new thing, then please don't ever complain when it doesn't work properly.

I'm Calypso-born, and have endured every VU for 8-1/2 years, and have loved our expanding universe to the nth degree, even writing about it for as long, but it gets tiring and sad when you continue to see it grow and never really get fixed. It's like a child with a disease that has no cure, just a new remedy now and then to take our minds off the real issue at hand. Nothing ever really changes.

You can fancy whatever arguments you choose, but as a 10+ year old MMO with an RCE, have we really advanced that much? I would say we haven't, know why? We are really not at a level that screams retention, are we?

One thing I respectfully ask of you before you answer ... please don't defend just to defend, but give this a bit of critical thinking before making your response, and also ... rudeness is not necessary, I understand civility quite well.

Last edited:
1. Avatars update did not finished
2. Clothes/textures/colors broken
3. Space broken
4. Ah the Taming

How about this? :rolleyes:

Geez people.. Planet Partner is NOT Mindark, so tired of people not understanding this.. Because guess what.. This makes whole discussions in this forum idiotic

1. Avatars update did not finished
2. Clothes/textures/colors broken
3. Space broken
4. Ah the Taming

How about this? :rolleyes:

Finally FPC understands that they should focus more on utilizing and improving the existing lands rather than creating a new one, which will be deserted after half a year (unless you put some unique good mob there).

I'm sure my pets would love to move around with the new map. I wander how many in current player base have ever seen a pet?

Pretty please can we have Edvard Grieg "In the Hall of the Mountain King" as optional background music. He died in 1907 so there is no hassle with copyrights.

Yes, but at the same time no since these are different type of developers. See you can look at it as they were getting kind of bored waiting for MA to fix the bug so they just started working on the landscape more. :)

Edit: also if you do find some odd landscape bugs, you can always post them here and Kim will fix them faster and probably be a bit more social as well. So find those miss placed tree and post them here and yes, they will be fixed!

And there's something I'm not quite understanding .... tell Kim about the bugs and he'll fix them right away - really? If that were the case, then all of the support cases sent in should be closed by now, yes?
I think that the post you were referring to was meant to be sarcastic. Maybe a bit hard to see.
Meaning that they should have been working on fixing the bugs rather then redoing the land again.:rolleyes:

For someone who is a writer I would think that is obvious to you but then again you are obviously very biased to the current planet you are writing for.:scratch2:

I think that the post you were referring to was meant to be sarcastic. Maybe a bit hard to see.
Meaning that they should have been working on fixing the bugs rather then redoing the land again.:rolleyes:

For someone who is a writer I would think that is obvious to you but then again you are obviously very biased to the current planet you are writing for.:scratch2:

First, what isn't obvious to you is that I write for no one planet, except for Cyrene for the year I was an official staff member on their writing team, but it's been over a year since I resigned.

Second, the person making the statement that I referred to was actually from a friend OZtwo, and sometimes it's a challenge for me to know when he's serious, joking, or being sarcastic, but he's one of the good guys.

Third, I wasn't aware that "writers" have the ability to automatically know when someone is serious, joking, or being sarcastic just because we're writers - I'll have to look into that one, I might actually have talents I'm unaware of. :silly2:

I'm not biased toward any one planet, because I've found interesting and fun things on all of them. :thumbup:

I hope this sets things straight. :)

Third, I wasn't aware that "writers" have the ability to automatically know when someone is serious, joking, or being sarcastic just because we're writers - I'll have to look into that one, I might actually have talents I'm unaware of. :silly2:

Obviously, you weren't aware that aren't/weren't a writer either.

These villages...could it be that this is where CLD owners rush to build a home?

I'm sure my pets would love to move around with the new map. I wander how many in current player base have ever seen a pet?

I remember pets ingame, but when I started taming, it dissappeared... I waited a long time...and waited...and waited... and after a long time, I just got a pet IRL :D

I remember pets ingame, but when I started taming, it dissappeared... I waited a long time...and waited...and waited... and after a long time, I just got a pet IRL :D

I'm so jelly :) Don't forget to feed it, it will end a little more tragically than an in game pet.

Obviously, you weren't aware that aren't/weren't a writer either.

Sorry, you'll have to splain that one to me, I don't get it. :scratch2:

It doesn't make any sense to me based on the portion of my post you quoted.

...if however its just a cosmetic thing (as I fear) it will be the same shit in new wrapping.

It does appear to be a new sewer system ;)

if it aint broke, lets change it and break something else. what about that {removed} that's broke already, just ignore it?

and the whole {removed} about different department doing this, how about sack the people who do this, and hire people who fix {removed} already??

YOUR GAME RUNS {removed}, FIX IT BEFORE ADDING MORE {removed} THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR

/mod note/ Enough already. I've had it about up to the back teeth with the whining on the forum today.

Either knock it off and address the topic of this thread - ie the upcoming PP VU in October, and what it might contain for Calypso - in a civil and mature way or I'll start applying Rule 2.9 fairly strictly.

2.9 - Excessive Complaining
Excessive complaining and/or whining disrupt the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum and interferes with the ability of other members and visitors to enjoy their visit to PlanetCalypsoForum, and is therefore NOT permitted. Any content submitted to PlanetCalypsoForum that is considered by the Forum Staff to be in violation of this rule may be edited or deleted without notice.

YOUR GAME RUNS LIKE A PILE OF SHIT, FIX IT BEFORE ADDING MORE SHIT THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR

I understand your frustration, but have you heard that they are going to fix bugs with next VU, which is most likely going to be implemented on 24th of September. This teaser's content is maybe implemented on PP content in mid-October.

I must say that I 100% agree with Mindstar's post #42, Kim is showing a caroot and many of you all are just walking stupidly without watching behind.
Fix the old and getting very old bugs is what we wait, and get bored to wait.
If those bugs are still here, that's because they are giving an advantage to mindark, like the improved camera shaking bug qualified as an "issue" lol, but which lasted for years ! (and is still there).
Be happy of a new feature is a thing, but they just try to take your attention away...
I would rep you for this post MS9, but you're the last I rep'd already :).

But this is not a new technic, already before the CE2/VU10 arrived in the game (since it was schedulled 1.5 year before), many people were complaining about servers problems, showing and prooving it was MA's side (Mirandax and Etopia), and not a player side like "they" are all the time pretending, so to take people away from those threads, they have been creating several times a 1 CE2 picture thread and we had the same stupid people posting "hurray" and jumping emotes...

Anyway, your post is very well written Mindstar, showing the real things, but there is just a flock of sheep all around.

Controlling a forum or in game activities with a totalitarian regime which stifles any freedom of speech is not the way forward. It can most definitely accounts for why "players complain about it the most".

I remember myself leaving a forum few years ago, as some of my comments or materials were deleted without reason, and without explanation. And there was really NOTHING negative or offensive.
It is clear for me that people who have certain powers should have some humility toward all others, but sometimes those powers make people become what they would have never been like without them.
I simply deleted all my work there, as a message to the main administrator (who was asking me to post more) of my unhappiness, and unregistered to this forum.
(btw, the rule 2.14 in THIS forum is not really better... and its use is sometimes more than abused by certains... anyway).

Now I see that quite the same feeling happened in another PP forum, and I tell myself , wow...
May be it is time for "one" to grow up, meaning to improve things from experiences to go up and make things go better...
You see.

All this is past for me.

Back, and stay positive.

Yeah, i'm afraid too...

if it aint broke, lets change it and break something else. what about that ever growing pile of shit that's broke already, just ignore it?

It is broke. We used to have towns before that had character and a meaningful landscape e.g. remnants of old wars. The current map and landscape doesn't even come close to what we had before vu10.

It's nice to see them fixing that. It's a step forward. Personally I think landscape is an important component in a virtual game and one that is relevant to all of us. You will probably disagree about it's importance with regard to other systems which is fair enough but I don't see what is gained by knocking progress.

Yes, I'd also like to see taming, hangars and other bugs and bits fixed/developed. I suspect we have got info on the landscape part but not other aspects of development due to the information policy MA/Calypso have.

I think your drawing the wrong conclusions just because they have shared info on landscape does not mean there is no info on other systems. Perhaps there is info on other systems but they may not be at a stage where they can share any with us.

Status
Back