Teaser!

Status
I'm not saying that its a good way of doing things but thats how the system is set up and we all just wallow in it until there's a change.

At least your honest, frustrating hey.

Enjoy this little teaser from our next content release!

Map with interesting locations marked.

Update 09/17

Creature Danger Map

Thanks for the post Kim, its nice to have a teaser post and I'm sure many appreciate it.

Dirk

To all whiners.
I really understand that you are unhappy about some things that are not addressed, BUT:

spend couple of minutes to understand that you are barking at wrong tree!

Kim is Calypso Developer, what he posted in this teaser is about Calypso PP Content Release.
And it's more that just map upgrade.

All your complains about all other stuff does not belong in this thread. There are other threads specific to all of those complaints, why you wanna pollute every damn thread with the same negativity???

Excessive whiners - why you still play the game and use this forums is beyond me, if I was so unhappy about product I would leave it long time ago.
Unless you deliberately wanna hurt community and game, if so you should be banned!

Yep indeed .

I see at the second picture that my hanger is luckily not located in the real part lol

Its good to see the new layout .ill need start re exploring the area after the update.
It is gona be a busy period for me lol .

Keep it up dev's
And don't listen to the whinny people :laugh:

Best regards. Qs

I like to see threads like this (from developers.)

Not sure why people get upset for a update for the enviroment... didn't they say
for some years ago that they work on the map continously to improve whole map
of Calypso?
This is "just" a part of that progress...
It isn't like everyone in designteam drop what they work on, and start making
updates to the map (I hope :D). They most probably have a s***load of projects they
work on so they can evaluate ideas, design and function of those.
Each of these small (or big) projects should have a limitation in time, in amount of code,
and size of polycount (triangles x2) and textures, and so on.
This is PCTeams responsibility to be productive in to get a interesting planet.

I do understand that people are waiting for bugs and issues to be fixed, aren't we all?
But since code for features and actions are shared with others, and not unique and
seperate for each and every feature/action, there will be issues and it will take time to get
everything working balanced and decently good.
This is MAs resposibilty to be productive in to get a interesting universe.

I get the sneaky suspicion we will have another alien invasion on our hands here shortly. Get the anal probes ready...it's time to return the favor!!!!

Think of these two screenshots as blueprints of what we're making.

Excellent. It is an extreme pain in the ass to have to keep figuring out the map over and over again, but new additions are always welcome.

Kim|Calypso said:
Think of these two screenshots as blueprints of what we're making.

What you aremakin or what you have already made ? VU cycle is way too long be them platform update and planetside. I was expecting a VU this month :s. There was once a promising and fun game called project entropia where there was a VU with a shorter timeframe where withdrawal sit off nowaday.
It is like if this game died and someone (MA) is struggling to maintening core project source code while making it evolve without understanding all the source code hiding their tweaks with the 'dynamic system' description from a rapport of a long time fired employee. People who trusted the original project (planet partners ) release mods of the original game while not attaining he cohesion which once existed. Instead of improving they have some steps of amateurish moments. Instead of improving you only modify (ie modified loot ) and instead of expnading you nerf.
It tooks 6 months for SEE to release their first update wich basically only consisted of a single mob ( shinkiba) which was only a replacement of an already existing mob (daikiba).
Arkadia hired some guy who had great modeling background to make a rather graphic mod of the existing planet while introducing their story .
Rocktropia did it the neverdie way, lots of ideas so mix of genre cause he can't have only one theme in his large view, but fail in coding and packaging and finally put mission on shared mobs while he could have released missions chain on vixen or other player friendly mobs.
Next island was a mod of an investor dream who has been hit by the reality with many poor chanoice cause of his lack of understanding of the interaction between game and RCE.
Cyrene, well no comments, i love it caause it's something breathing and immersive but not finished. For me it's still in soft launch after 1.5 years.
Calypso changed head so many times that they lost the feeling of the old Calypso planet. It's like if they want a whole new game but are too lazy or incompetent (screw existing gear without respect for players or shy to realize it ( new area around eos, where is it Kim ?? ). They keep it cause being a MA branch, it provide a test planet for the whole platform.)
Now you show us a teaser, i appreciate it if it belong NOT in teh unfinished projects around EU.
As i said VU cycle slow down the whole universe and people have time to get bored cause new content introduced is bugged and unusable for 3 months.

Anyway, this game is unique potential is huge but each time there is so much fails beside the good stuff that i onlly slowly lose faith.
So , i sicerely hope that both next PP and platform VU will be before 15 october for the good of the game, and for the sake of Calypso, that what you try to show us with this teaser will be 'usable content'.

Anyway, this game is unique potential is huge but each time there is so much fails beside the good stuff that i onlly slowly lose faith.

I agree with ya, and i can say more about this: It will be the best game over the internet, but.... it depends as you can see.

If you have concerns regarding the main product then you need to contact MindArk about that.

You see the problem with that is, as far as we know you're the only person with direct contact with Mindark. The only other way we know how to contact them is through support cases and we all know how well that goes.

Please could you enlighten us on how to contact Mindark?

Thanks

What you aremakin or what you have already made ? VU cycle is way too long be them platform update and planetside. I was expecting a VU this month :s. There was once a promising and fun game called project entropia where there was a VU with a shorter timeframe where withdrawal sit off nowaday.
It is like if this game died and someone (MA) is struggling to maintening core project source code while making it evolve without understanding all the source code hiding their tweaks with the 'dynamic system' description from a rapport of a long time fired employee. People who trusted the original project (planet partners ) release mods of the original game while not attaining he cohesion which once existed. Instead of improving they have some steps of amateurish moments. Instead of improving you only modify (ie modified loot ) and instead of expnading you nerf.
It tooks 6 months for SEE to release their first update wich basically only consisted of a single mob ( shinkiba) which was only a replacement of an already existing mob (daikiba).
Arkadia hired some guy who had great modeling background to make a rather graphic mod of the existing planet while introducing their story .
Rocktropia did it the neverdie way, lots of ideas so mix of genre cause he can't have only one theme in his large view, but fail in coding and packaging and finally put mission on shared mobs while he could have released missions chain on vixen or other player friendly mobs.
Next island was a mod of an investor dream who has been hit by the reality with many poor chanoice cause of his lack of understanding of the interaction between game and RCE.
Cyrene, well no comments, i love it caause it's something breathing and immersive but not finished. For me it's still in soft launch after 1.5 years.
Calypso changed head so many times that they lost the feeling of the old Calypso planet. It's like if they want a whole new game but are too lazy or incompetent (screw existing gear without respect for players or shy to realize it ( new area around eos, where is it Kim ?? ). They keep it cause being a MA branch, it provide a test planet for the whole platform.)
Now you show us a teaser, i appreciate it if it belong NOT in teh unfinished projects around EU.
As i said VU cycle slow down the whole universe and people have time to get bored cause new content introduced is bugged and unusable for 3 months.

So , i sicerely hope that both next PP and platform VU will be before 15 october for the good of the game, and for the sake of Calypso, that what you try to show us with this teaser will be 'usable content'.

With a post like that I expect some radical suggestion to go with it! Like: we must bring back the angel of darkness! O lootius bestow on us your only son who's no longer with us so he can bring balance and fortune to the universe yet again, bring back the man of "dynamic".... Marco!!!!

Ty for the sneak peek.

As for the rest of the posts..... :scratch2:

While I do understand the frustration many of you feel regarding the lack of bug fixes and delays in promised features I hope you can understand that none of this can be addressed by the Planet Calypso development team.

What we and any planet partner can do is essentially limited to level design plus some balancing, this is about as much as mod teams can do in most regular games. If you have concerns regarding the main product then you need to contact MindArk about that.

Please read the following dev notes about the next platform update, there's a lot of bug fixes in it.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2013/08/28/Developer-Notes--6.xml

With all due respect Kim, I have one question please, and I'm hoping you will answer it honestly.

With the above-quoted post, are you telling us that Calypso has no outstanding bugs that can be fixed by the development team, and that all outstanding bugs that need fixing (systems aside), MA will have to correct?

I know for a fact that other PPs absolutely fix bugs for their planets, aside from what is known to be something that MA absolutely has to do, and it has all been reported in threads at their respective forums, as well as their Update Notes, so your comment comes as a bit of a surprise to me.

Your response would be appreciated, and thank you.

Last edited:
With all due respect Kim, I have one question please, and I'm hoping you will answer it honestly.

With the above-quoted post, are you telling us that Calypso has no outstanding bugs that can be fixed by the development team, and that all outstanding bugs that need fixing (systems aside), MA will have to correct?

I know for a fact that other PPs absolutely fix bugs for their planets, aside from what is known to be something that MA absolutely has to do, and it has all been reported in threads at their respective forums, as well as their Update Notes, so your comment comes as a bit of a surprise to me.

from reading what he said...... it takes time to fix everything and they are doing as much as possible atm not everything can be like fast food

from reading what he said...... it takes time to fix everything and they are doing as much as possible atm not everything can be like fast food

I appreciate your comment Strash, but would like to hear from Kim when he is available, because logically, it would make sense to fix what is wrong first that a PP can accomplish so that it adds more stability to game mechanics and game play, and then move forward with planned new content which I am not diminishing whatsoever btw, because one of the things I love about the entire universe, no matter what planet it is ...
is creativity and new things to do.

It just makes sense to me for any PP to fix what can be fixed first that doesn't fall under the realm of MA having to fix it before moving on to new things. There's so much talk about stabilization that one would think that fixing the broken parts would help to achieve the stabilization they're working toward, right?

I don't think we're expecting "fast food" my dear, but rather a level of quality that not only makes the game more playable, but also in line with what we pay for. I'm just asking a legitimate question, as well as making a well-placed suggestion that applies to all PPs, as well as MA.

Kim opened the door with his post, and I accepted the invite to address it ... and ... respectfully and constructively I might add, because it would clear up something specific for me.

Thank you ... :thumbup:

if it aint broke, lets change it and break something else. what about that {removed} that's broke already, just ignore it?

and the whole {removed} about different department doing this, how about sack the people who do this, and hire people who fix {removed} already??

YOUR GAME RUNS {removed}, FIX IT BEFORE ADDING MORE {removed} THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR

This products video fits nicely to how your post was edited by the mods.:D

1. Welcome to the CLD landgrab system! You have selected a claim for your avatar, please place 9 CLD in the GUI box and press OK

2. "Puts CLD in window and presses OK"

3. Congratulations! You are now a house owning citizen!

4. Hmm, wait, where are the CLD's , arent they returned?

5. Did i just buy a shitty house for 9 CLD?

Nope, you just got a plot of land that needs the new crafted houses. You need to buy it still.;)

Twice now I was killed by a ninja invisible mob. First time I was in PVP not lootable, and I was suspecting foul play from someone (but no green dot on my map). Second time was regular field, I returned to the spot only to find several new mobs. I do not even bother to report these kind of bugs - an official page with known and reported bugs would be nice

I was at Nea's with a society member a few years ago and I was being attacked by an Ambulimax that I could not see but she could. So invisible mobs are just a random bug that happens to any mob.

I was at Nea's with a society member a few years ago and I was being attacked by an Ambulimax that I could not see but she could. So invisible mobs are just a random bug that happens to any mob.

me again... swish...swoosh.. like ninja.

From what I understand, Planet Calypso development team, has the same role as the former FPC had.
They can come up with ideas and work these out. But they do not actually work with the codes themself.
Mindark dev's have to make the changes for PCDT. I believe the same goes for the PP.

But yes, would be nice to hear it from Kim|Calypso himself. ;)

Nice :)) it seems is about the texture rendered on local machine then...

me again... swish...swoosh.. like ninja.
We should ask developers to give you a new texture or coat of paint or something :)

Related to Xian post, it looks like MA is struggling with their own code a bit. People try to make a difference between MA and Calypso PP, but the fact is Calypso, starting July 2012 and most likely with the help of CLD sales, is just a subsidiary of MA.

Internally is probably an organizational difference between Calypso Development team (missions and mobs and such) and the bug-squashing team, but I have a feeling that only a handful of (same) people are employed in both. And not more than 5-6 people all-together (how many coders a company with max 50 employees including CEO's, Managers, accountants, sales and support can have). Also Calypso has to be kept as different entity at least on finance paper, as it is in direct competition with the other PP's for income/players.

If one have the curiosity to dig a little bit deeper like LinkedIn, you can find the names of game developers and testers at Mindark - they are striking me as being with Mindark just for the last 2 -3 years so not involved with the initial development?

Kim being the face of MA/Calypso here (the other two accounts are not so present) is normal that people are piling up every time he makes a comment, but genuinely I do not think most of posters here are hostile to him, just avid for information or trying to make their grievances know because as was said support answers are way too impersonal and generic.

Nice :)) it seems is about the texture rendered on local machine then...

No, there was many cases of invisible mobs in the past.
So it has NOTHING to do with someone computer.

But the most interesting of them was in the early vu 10, since crossed objects were newly/suddenly becoming solid, mobs were becoming inivisible/cross solid objects/come back to visible and hit you :)
(and this was not a bug, or an intelligent bug like it seems there are so many here...).

Kim, how about those who mines that don't want to hunt (mob free area), will they too get ninja spawns?

Thank you

Kim, how about those who mines that don't want to hunt (mob free area), will they too get ninja spawns?

Thank you

There aren't many completely mob free areas, but there are places with a very low spawn density. If you mine on a mountainside I'd be surprised if you have anything more than a molisk or two on your radar.

There aren't many completely mob free areas, but there are places with a very low spawn density. If you mine on a mountainside I'd be surprised if you have anything more than a molisk or two on your radar.

Thanks for the quick replay.

I was talking more about LAs that are dedicated for miners. Taxed area's (Amethera). Will it be the same?

Last edited:
Update 09/17

Creature Danger Map
[/QUOTE]

STRANGER DANGER!!!!!!!!!:eyecrazy::wtg::wtg::wtg:

when will it happen

Hi Kim
Can u tell exact date of this update....so that i can know when to deposit:wise:. Now playing is harakari. Loot is all time worst in every activity. Hope u understand true player feeling.:wise:

Status
Back