The Angus Logs

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 104

11-10-2008
Collette's Swunting Event

Today is the day that Collette is hosting the TKoC Swunting event at Nea's Place. I loaded up with 2000 rounds and waited for everyone to arrive.

Joining the team was Collette (of course), Elwin, Vas, Ladomc Gohan, Francis Mo, Geff, Jupa, HQ Chopper and Aragon.

So we started out and formed our circle and got to work. I started off great and got 99 sweat off the first Ambu, but then it went downhill from that. I started to get killed alot and lost some time running back to the group. But it was great fun.

Murphy joined us after a bit and near the end of the event Mainframe joined us. After we finished we all gathered and prizes were given out. Although I did not win I did get a runner up prize of a Omegaton M2732 Laser Pistol. I ended up getting 396 bottle of sweat. The winner got several thousand force nexus and some other goodies. I look forward to the next TKoC Swunting event!

and that ended a short day on planet Calypso

Colonel Mac signing off..

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 105

11-11-2008
Brukite, Growth Molecules and Sweat Chatting

Its funny how things always seem to happen in cycles. Take Fruit, Dung and Stones for instance. I can go long stretched of time and not find anything then all of a sudden I find several fruits all within a few days, then I have a couple of days of nothing and the a couple of days finding stones then nothing for a long time, then I find dung and then more nothing for a long time and then it seems to repeat itself. Today is a stone day....

So I head out to work at Camp Phoenix with 2000 rounds of ammo. Soon after I start I step back while sweating and almost stumble on some Brukite Stone. The recent rains must have uncovered it.

I think I will save them for some crafting texture attempts. I continue on with my swunting and decided to drop a probe (I had a few left) and low and behold I find a nice X Growth Molecule! Now certainly I would like a enmatter with a higher markup, but this will do ;)

By the time I finish my run I find that I had looted 21.68 peds of goodies and 5.80 peds of sweat which gave me a profit of +7.48 peds. Nice :D

I choose Akmuul Island as my crafting location. A quick TP and I was on location and crafting away

>>Crafting Results: Brukite Textures Did 34 clicks (1 Brukite Stone, 1 Basic Stone Extractor) I ended up with 16 Brukite Textures. My QR went from 27.7 to 28.5

I ended up with the following skills:
Carpentry 27
Texture Engineering 164
Engineering 375

I then had enough Generic Leather for a small run in that texture.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 36 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 20 Generic Leather Textures, 30 Tailoring Remnants and 30 Metal remnants and got back 9 Basic Leather Extractors and 2 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 67.0

Engineering 375
Textile Engineering 164 > 165
Make Textile 128
Tailoring 48
Carpentry 27

After this run was complete I head back out to Camp Phoenix to continue my work. This time I only had 1160 ammo rounds to work with. Because of the lesser amount I was not out in the field as long. After a little bit of time, the Snables were looting very poorly so I thought I would change locations. I settled on East Scylla as it had a nice population of Snablesnots. I finish out my run on a positive note of looting a total of 17.11 peds of goods and 1.73 peds of Sweat which gave me a profit of +7.24 peds! It is a good day for profit :)

Just as I was winding up my comm went off and it was Gohan. He told me he had some misc paints he wanted to give me since I was starting my paint sales business. Truly in the annals of time, in the books of the history of The Knights of Calypso, Gohan's name will ring out as one of the greatest Knights we have ever had!!!
After he gave me the paint we talked for a and ended up sweating a nearby Exo while chatting...only on Calypso does this happen ;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Colonel Mac signing off...

Last edited:
The Angus Logs, The EF version # 106

11-13-2008
More Fruit and a strange message!

I was awakened by my comm unit going off. Half asleep I fumbled into my pack and withdrew my comm unit. It was indicating that an imcoming message had arrived. I logged into the message center and saw that the sender was.....
011010100100010101 01011010110
"what the f..." I muttered out loud.
I hesitantly opened the message and saw a long strange of 1s and 0s
"0110101 010100101 010010010010 0100100110 01011101101
010010010010 0100100110 01011101101 01000101011101100"

as I was looking at this a very strange thing happened...I started to understand it...
"01011101101 01000101011101100 00101 m0e1e1t0 a1t0 1ag1r0ee1d 0drop 1point...
project alpha omega is set to initiate in 3065 hours...send confirmation of receipt of this message"

"Project Alpha Omega...3065 hours?" I quietly said.

I sat there wondering if this was a sick joke. What the hell was Project Alpha Omega? I looked back at the message and now it was back to 1s and 0s.
How did I understand what the message meant. This is not good.

I ate a quick breakfast and packed up my goods and headed out to work. Todays work site is good old Camp Phoenix. I may in the near future try another area, but this place has been good to me. I bought 2000 rounds but only used 1418 of it.
The swunt went without anything happening that was out of the ordinary. I did reach level 17 in the BLP Sniper (Hit) profession.
Near the end of my swunt my comm went off again, I reluctantly pulled it out of my pack and to my relief is was a notification that my 3000 orange paint auction lot had sold at buyout! Yea!

I decided to finish the hunt and see if I could reinvest the money I had made. At the end of the hunt I had made 13.08 peds in loot and 2.22 peds in Sweat for a profit of +1.12 peds

I made a jump to Akmuul Island so I could have quick access to an auctioneer. I found a good lot of Orange paint and made a bid. Since I had cut my swunting run short, I decided to go back and make a new run with a full 2000 ammo rounds.

So I found myself back at Camp Phoenix, be fore I went out again I checked my comm to look at that message again. To my surprise I found no evidence that there was ever any strange message. :eek:
Great now I am hallucinating :(

I went through my normal hunting route and near the end I stumbled apon a fruit growth of Papplon fruit. The butterfies were fluttering all around the fruit as usual. I managed to pick 130 fruit from this one growth. Very Nice!!

At the end of the run I found that I had looted 16.04 peds of goods, 2.87 peds of sweat and 1.3 peds of fruit which gave me a profit of +.21 peds Its not much, but profit is profit and I will take it anyday over losses!

I finished up my day at Sakura City and stowed all my finds. As I lay there I remember that tomorrow is the TKoC PVP Event. I will need to stock up on supplies and repair my A101.

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 107

11-14-2008
2nd year TKoC Birthday PVP event and 3 Atrox TKoC Team Globals!!

The Knights of Calypso is now 2 years old!!! Hooray!!!!

Today one of the official TKoC Birthday Events, PVP at Zychion!!!! I was hoping for a big turnout on this and my fellow Knights did not disappoint!!
I arrived to a good sized group of TKoC Knights already assembled!

I saw alot of Knights I dont normally see, like Soul and some HQ members I have never met before.
Once the start time had arrived we had a huge turnout of 18 Knights! When the bell sounded we were off and soon it was a bloodbath!!
It was chaos, insanity and fun all rolled up in one. It didn't take long for all of us to get into pretty bad shape as we were not allowed to wear armor or fap ourselves and we were all using ...Opalos!!!

The event was an hour long but it seemed like it went faster than that. Of course the higher skilled players hit more often and were missed alot due to their skills, but I had a couple of nice kill runs on them (yup kick them when they are down on health!!).
One of the thing that slowed me down was not understanding about the green and red areas, so I ended up trying to shoot people in the green areas and not connecting.
Anyways it was great fun and I hope we do something like this again soon! Once the final bell had rung, TKoC HQ member Chopper had taken the crown!! GRATZ CHOPPER!!!

After the event we started to gather for a group photo, and soon we assembled for some photo opportunities. I took many images but I favor this one the most.

Once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY TKoC!!! :yay:

So after the event a number of us ended up at Nea's and soon Gohan, Collettte, Murphy and I set to hunting Ambus!

After a little bit we decided to move somewhere else as the Ambus were not looting worth a damn! We chose to goto Camp Phoenix and head North. Soon we were in Atrox land and the carnage began!! I died several times but had a great time with my mates.
Oh by the way we Globaled 3 times :)

The first was a single item global that I ended up with (which by the way is my first looted Isis 32 (61 peds)) :)

Next was a very juicy 166 peds Atrox Guardian Global! :wtg:

and finally a 52 peds Atrox Provider! :lol:

Unfortunately my autoscreen software was acting up so I missed the swirlies each time. Oh Well ;)

Thanks to Gohan, Collette and Murphy!!!! :D You guys Rock!!

The day was a very nice diversion from my normal "work" Thanks to all my fellow Knights and thanks to The Knights of Calypso!!!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 108

11-15-2008
Back to Orthos and Oshiri and a Great Surprise!

With the globals from yesterday putting some peds in my pockets, I decided to head back to Orthos West Mound and see what I could shake down. The run actually went pretty good, I didn't skill up on anything or loot any items but I looted a buttload of tt stuff. I took with me 5290 ammo rounds for my H400 and ended up looting 65.68 peds of goodies for a profit of +12.78 peds.

After this I made my way to Sakura City for a crafting run.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 50 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 20 Generic Leather Textures, 23 Tailoring Remnants and 38 Metal remnants and got back 19 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR Went from 67.2 to 67.4

Engineering 375
Textile Engineering 166 > 168
Make Textile 128 >130
Tailoring 48 > 49
Carpentry 27

After this crafting run I opted for a little enmat mining at Orshiri and LA45. Now I know that the Z games are now monthly, so it will be interesting to see what effect it has on the enmatter over there in LA45. Although the hit rate was OK, everything was small and unprofitable :(

>>Mining Results: Oshiri Hearts to LA45 and back
Enmatter - - - - - III - II - - II - - - II - - IV - - - - III - III - - III - - IV - - - - - - - - - - - III - - II - - - - - - II - - IV - - III IV - - - - III III - - - II II - 26% Hit Ratio Note I am using a maxed out Ju55 Matterfinder unamped

Enmatter Finds
III Crude Oil @ 404
II Typonolic Steam @ 559m
II Typonolic Steam @ 498m
II Magerian Mist @ 570m
IV Magerian Mist @ 511m
III Magerian Mist @ 400m
III Melchi Water @ 760m
III Acid Root @ 427m
IV Acid Root @ 597m
III Melxhi Water @ 589m
II Solis Beans @ 359m
II Acid Root @ 472m
IV Magerian Mist @ 480m
III Solis Beans @ 682m
IV Garcen Grease @ 518m
II Acid Root @ 410m
III Garcen Grease @ 616m
II Magerian Mist @ 630m
II Melchi Water @ 595m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 877 > 895
Drilling 939 > 954
Geology 809 > 819
Mining 1012
Prospecting 898

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 6
Surveyor 6
Miner 6
Driller 5

After this I considered the luck I had at Orthos and was hoping that lightning would strike twice, boy was I wrong!!
Once I stepped out of the TP at Orthos I knew there was something wrong. The sky was very dark and filled with angry looking storm clouds. The wind was gusting and blowing dirt and debris everywhere.
I stood for a moment and considered turn back and going somewhere else, but then I thought, who knows maybe this will be the best run ever!
At first once I headed out it was kind of funny, I found a group of Young Molisks getting blown over by the gusts of wind. They would then half get up and shake their little fists at the sky and yell something in their language.
Of course they were quite surprised when I came running in blasting them with my H400. I soon noticed that now many of them were carrying anything. Maybe they had stored things away for the storm. Anyways I pressed on.
After a while with the loot still revealing itself I ran into a group of drones. I paced myself as I stalked them, keep careful to just engage one at a time.

I was doing well, and only had to fap myself after every other drone killed!

That's when I got the surprise of my life, I was baring down on a Drone Gen 1 when.....

...it stopped shooting and raised its arm. I continued blasting it, every shot burning little holes into its body. Then it quickly lowered its arm and to my horror from behind it, about 20 Drones Gen 6 rose from the earth itself.
I thought...I am about to die, and die hard.
That was when a massive burn from a very large BLP Cannon erupted from behind me. The drone I was fighting fell flat on its face with a giant hole in its chest.

As the other drones, all covered in dirt started heading my way, the BLP Cannon erupted again, this time it stayed on. It was like a liquid stream of destruction. The drones in the front ranks started to slow down as the intense spray of rounds started to eat them alive. Chunks of metal fragments were flying everywhere. Soon the cannon stopped, its barrels slowing down from their frenzied movement. I turned and looked at the source of the firepower, expecting some unknown Uber colonist, but thats not what I saw.
Standing proudly just 20 meters away was a...well....a very large man, who obviously had cyborg parts. He, at least it looked male, turned to me and said..
"Come with me, we have to talk"
He then walked over behind a tree and I heard the sounds of engines starting up. Soon he drove around from behind on a tricked out hover bike. I have never seen anything like this before. It was hovering about 1 foot above the ground and was all chromed out. There was a red insignia in the shape of an eagle on one of he plate covers.
He rode up too me and put out his hand and said..
"Jump on friend, I mean you no harm, if I did you would be long dead by now!"
I don't know why but I took his hand and jumped on the back of his bike.
We raced through the woods of Orthos and headed North, soon we approached the lone building located to the North West of the TP. As we approached it a door, I had not seen before started to open up. It was big enough for the bike to fit in. As we entered the donme, the sounds of his engine were deafening. Then he turned off the motor and all was quiet.
He got off and said in a booming cheerful voice..
"Welcome to Omega City Angus, we have been watching you and its time you knew the truth!"

End of part one! Come back tomorrow and found out what happens next!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 109

11-15-2008 cont...
Omega City and The Plot Revealed

"How do you know me, and what city are you talking about....and who ARE YOU?"
The large man laughed.
"I shall answer your questions you man! I am D'kaur Dan O'shiry, Sherrif of the Top lands of Omega City"
He paused for a second, waiting for me to say something.
I finally responded.
"Nice to meet you I guess"
Then I firmed up my voice and stated proudly..
"I am Angus Mac MacAlisdair, Colonel of The Knights of Calypso and first Wave Colonist!"
D'kaur gave out a bellowing laugh
"That is a fancy name for someone so young!"
"Young? I am 41, I wouldn't say that's young!" I retorted
"Once you get into your 100's then I might consider you a grown man!" He said with a smile on his face.
"Just how old are you?"
"I was born on Earth 156 years ago! I know it doesn't seem possible but the ..changes to my body have greatly extended my life, as they will yours!"
"Changes, what changes?" I slowly asked.
"There is something you need to know, there is a new Base Matrix formed here on Calpyso. The first one was responsible for the first Robot War here on Calypso, and it was also responsible for the experiments"
"Experiments?" I Asked
"Yes, I know you have been having weird dreams and strange encounters with the drones and have even been abducted by them!"
"How did you know that!" I wondered
"Back during the first Robot Wars the old Base Matrix tried to do the same thing with us, they wanted to use our bodies as a base for their new race of cyborgs, obedient to their masters, the Base Matrix!, but their plans failed, something inside us, that which makes us human, could not be conquered! We rebelled and broke free...or died! That was over 100 years ago."
"Really?" The look of astonishment on my face must have been priceless!
"We abandoned our above ground cities and built new ones under ground. We stand at the entrance to one of the grandest cities on Calypso! OMEGA! Now lets get back to you...
...you have already been modified, with implants..."
"Yah, I have a Chip implant for teleportation!"
"No, you have a communication sub nano bot in your leg, that is how they are trying to initiate the change in you!"
"Luckily we were able to intercept its signal, that's why we knew who you were!"
"Can you get it out of me?" I asked.
D'kaur face fell.
"Alas..no, the nanobots would know if we tried to remove it and would most likely kill you and infest one of us, and we cant allow that to happen. But what we can do is continue to intercept their transmissions to you and use that info against them. We do not wish for you and your fellow colonists to fall to the robots!"
"So what now?" I asked.
"Now you know you are not crazy and that you have friends willing to aid you in bringing down this second Base Matrix. Now go and return to your life, we will be watching and will contact you again when the time is right!"
"Can I have a gun like yours?" I said hopefully.
He laughed again in that deep baritone voice and said...
"No, you can't handle this, your arms would rip off your body from the weight....maybe in the future...maybe"

He then just looked at the door and it started to open again. I walked to the enterence and turned and waved, but he was already gone.
As soon as I stepped outside the door suddenly closed behind and all I was left with was the sound of the wind in the trees.

So I headed back to Orthos and found that I had indeed looted very poorly. I used 5000 rounds and only got back 23.12 peds in loot for a loss of -26.88 peds

I then headed out to Sakura City to do a little crafting.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 54 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 30 Generic Leather Textures, 28 Tailoring Remnants and 47 Metal remnants and got back 9 Basic Leather Extractors and 6 Generic Leather. My QR Went from 67.4 to 67.7

Engineering 375 > 378
Textile Engineering 168 > 169
Make Textile 130
Tailoring 49
Carpentry 27 > 28

I then finished my day by jumping from Sakura to Port Atlantis to Twins and even Nea's and could not finds a buyer for a nice pile of 6K Bottles of Sweat! Oh Well, maybe tomorrow!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 110

11-16-2008
Back to Work and a change of Scenery

I started my day back at Port Atlantis trying to find a buyer for my sweat but again couldn't find a buyer that would pay more than .45 (and thats TOOOOO low!), So I resigned myself to go back to work. But this time I was going to try the waters of a different location.
That location....Swamp Camp. Thats right Diakiba's, Combibo's and Berycled's.
Ahhh swamp camp, I spent alot of time here before I became a Knight. Always a mecca for mobs :D

Of course there were alot of other people there including a group of very eager newbies. They kept dragging agro mobs on me so I went further inland and found a nice group of Diakiba's where it was nice and quiet. Too my surprise I almost tripped over some nice stones. They turned out to be 163 Trutun stones, and this was the first time I had ever found them!

(What was nice is that I was able to sell them at auction for 17 peds, very nice!)

By the time I had finished with my swunting, aside from the Trutun find I was not impressed with the loot. I had used 2000 rounds and only got 12.96 peds back from loot, but when you add in the Trutun sale I did end up profiting +9.96 peds

After I finished this run I ran back to Port Atlantis and luckily found a buyer for my sweat! Ahh more money to fund my growing trade empire...HAHAHAHAhaha..... Did I write that outloud?

I then headed back to good old Camp Phoenix with a fresh load of 2000 rounds. Soon after I started my comm went off and I had a message from the Auctioneers that a batch of 3000 orange paint cans had sold at buyout. Yes!! A couple of nice things that happened was that I reached 3000 in my Rifle Skill :)

Also as I was making my rounds I found a nice young Bombardo plant that I was loaded with 33 fruit!

The run ended quietly with me collecting 913 bottles of sweat and 11.01 peds of loot. So this run was a loss of -4.37 peds. Oh well it was fun anyways!

and that ended another day of work on planet Calypso!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 111

11-18-2008
Return to the Saba Pit!

In an effort to mix things up I decided to goto "work" at Atlas Island North. I know many people have globaled on Snables here, so I though it wouldn't hurt to swunt here (and it was a change of scenery).

But to my surprise when I stepped through the TP and the smell of much Snable dung filled the air I found.........no snables!
What?
I headed north..nothing
Then West..nothing
South?
Yup..nothing... then I found on Male Snable....sweated and killed it.
This will never do.
Then I thought....THE SABAKUMA PITS!!! They swarm all over that area. So I headed east across the river and made my way to the pit.
Once I got there I found another hunter happily taking out the Saba's as they surfaced for food.
So I got to work. thats about it......
Made OK loot and sweat but didn't break even. Oh well at least there were mobs here and I did get loot and sweat. I used 1735 rounds of ammo and got back 13.48 peds in loot and 2.45 peds of sweat. Which gave me a loss of -1.42 peds. Which isn't really all that bad.

So I headed back East towards the TP and made the jump to Sakura City where I finished out the day with a GLT run (Generic Leather Textures)

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 65 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 29 Generic Leather Textures, 34 Tailoring Remnants and 38 Metal remnants and got back 14 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR Went from 67.7 to 67.8

Engineering 378
Textile Engineering 169 > 171
Make Textile 130 > 131
Tailoring 49
Carpentry 28

and that ended this day...

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 112

11-19-2008
Work, Armax at Camp Phoenix and WOW!

So it seems to me that Camp Phoenix is my money maker...at least for now with my current skill set and equipment. So back to CP to work!
Now this was an interesting for several reasons. First I got a new rank in Weapons Handling and second as I was headed West from the TP the red dot I was running up to sweat turned out to be a Armax Cow Old!
I dont know what it is doing here, but by the blood stain at its feet I think someone was running and didn't make it.

At the end of the I found I had done pretty good. I used up 2000 rounds and received back 28.81 peds of loot and 2.71 peds of Sweat which gave me a profit of +11.52 peds :)

So I headed to Akmuul to drop off my loot when I ran into one heck of a sight!
Princess Nika and her amazing outfit!!!
:eek:

and that ended a very profitable and rewarding day on planet Calypso

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 113

11-20-2008
Short Day of work and sold another batch of paint!

So i head out into the fresh air at Akmuul and goto the TP to get myself to CP. Apon arriving at Camp Phoenix my comm goes off letting me know that another lot of Paint has sold at buyout on Auction. Kewl :D

I knew today I needed to do some auction searched and paperwork so I had to keep this run short. Well is was a quiet and uneventful run that ended with me using 1000 rounds and getting back 9.78 peds of loot and 2.35 peds of sweat which gave me a profit for the day of + 2.13 peds.

I spent the rest of the day auction trolling and lost in paperwork.

and that was that

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 114

11-22-2008
A Great Hunt and a Vehicle Mystery

So today started out like any other. Getting gear ready to goto work, a jump through the TP system and arriving at Camp Phoenix.
As I started on the favorite hunting paths, I almost stepped into a large pile of Snablesnot Poo... yuck!

As I was hunting my comm went off with a notice that another 2K lot of paint had sold! Good Deal! One of the nice things about this run was the volume of loot I am getting. I cant wait to see what it adds up too!
About 3/4 the way through the hunt I stop and examine some old ATV up on the ridge close to the swamp.

The ATV were very rusty, I couldn't even get the doors out. But what I could make out was that theye were first generation Omegaton Industries Pluto Class All Terrain Personal Transports (ATPT) series V102. Looks like long ago these babies were stripped of anything useful. I wonder if D'kaur ever rode in one of these?

As I suspected, once i finished my run I found myself staring at 44.02 peds of loot and 6.06 peds of Sweat which on the 2000 round run gave me a profit of +30.08 peds! WOW! That is really good for a opallo hunt!!

After the run I thought I would try and sell my stored enmat so I headed to Twins to find a buyer. After listening to the buyers yelling what they would buy I found a gentleman by the name of Dheluu who would take my enmats off my hands.

Ore/Enmatters sold to Dheluu in a refined state: Sold 29.45 tt peds of Ore/Enmatter @ 107% or 31.53 peds.

Now that I have some peds in my pocket I can afford form Probes. So I pick up 60 probes and head out to Nate's Valley. Once there I pointed my self East and started running. Soon I found myself in LA14 and started my mining run. The only thing I have to say about this run was.....ppppbbbbbbb......it was very boring and unprofitable with no large finds at all.

>>Mining Results: Nate's Valley to LA14 and back
Enmatter - III - - - - - - III - - IV - - - - - II - II - - - - - II - - - - II - - - - II - - - - - - - II III - - II - - - - - III - - - - - - - II - 20% Hit Ratio Note I am using a maxed out Ju55 Matterfinder unamped

Enmatter Finds
III Crude Oil @ 409m
III Alicenies Liquid @ 484m
IV Garcen Grease @ 357m
II Crude Oil @ 400m
II Alicenies Liquid @ 482m
II Growth Molecules @ 542m
II Growth Molecules @ 659m
II Growth Molecules @ 533m
III Crude Oil @ 395m
II Alicenies Liquid @ 550m
III Growth Molecules @ 518m
II Crude Oil @ 510m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 895 > 902
Drilling 954 > 957
Geology 819 > 821
Mining 1012
Prospecting 898

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 6
Surveyor 6
Miner 6
Driller 5

After the dismal mining run I returned to Nate's Valley and finished up the day with a little crafting.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 36 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 16 Generic Leather Textures, 29 Tailoring Remnants and 15 Metal remnants and got back 10 Basic Leather Extractors and 3 Generic Leather. My QR Went from 67.8 to 68.0

Engineering 378
Textile Engineering 171 > 172
Make Textile 131
Tailoring 49 > 50
Carpentry 28

...and that concluded my daily activities.

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 115

11-23-2008
The Waiting Room and The Grind of Work..Payday!

So I find myself standing standing in a big waiting room. The room is very spacious with comfortable plush red velvet chairs arranged along the walls about the room. The ceiling is very tall maybe 40 meters. Thin tall windows are separated by 30 meter long red tapestries embroidered with gold stitchings. On the floor are ancient Earth rugs from the 20th century Asia.
There is a receptionists desk right next to a pair or gigantic Old Oak double doors. A very attractive receptionist sits behind the desk and is busily looking something up on her vid screen. There are also a couple of business men sitting and standing around waiting for their appointments.
Then the receptionist says
"Mr. MacAlisdair, the Omegaton CEO will see you now."
I walk up to the huge double doors and they seem to open on there own. I enter an expansive office with the far end being nothing but glass. It is overlooking what appears to be Hadesheim's Cityscape. I can see a bustling city with hovercars, land vehicles and personal flyer's going about their daily business.
The CEO is sitting in a tall back executive chair with its back to me. The desk he is sitting at is a massive black walnut with inlaid cherrywood designs.
I step up and stand there not knowing what to say.
Then a strange voice says
"I imagine you have a great deal of questions."
I respond, "Why am I here?"
"You have been summoned" came as a flat response.
"By whom?" the words come out of my mouth at just over a whisper as a sense of fear starts to creep up my spine.
The chair starts to slowly turn around, as it is turn the strange voice starts to distort.
"By Omegaton's Council and...."
The chair swings into view and too my horror, I am staring face to face with a Commander Drone Generation 20
"By your MASTERS!" The voice is now completely synthetic.
For a moment silence fills the air then beyond my control I let out....
"no...no this cant be...NO....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I wake up covered in sweat. My heart is pounding a million beats a minute. I look about the confines of the mobile service center at Nate's Valley and find only the auctioneer in the room. I could tell they were looking at me out of the corner of their eyes.

I got my stuff together and quickly moved out of the building and headed to Camp Phoenix thinking all the time of how embarrassing it is to have such...visible nightmares.
Once at Camp Phoenix I get 2000 rounds from the trade terminal and get to work.
Once I am into my run I am please at reaching level 11 in the BLP Pistoleer (Hit) profession also I happen to find 33 papplon Fruit

The run finished in the positive which is good. I managed to find 36.34 peds of loot, 6.87 peds of Sweat and 1.65 peds of fruit for a great profit of +24.86 :D

So after the run I headed to Twins to see if I could find a buyer for the pile of Hair Gel I have collected over time. Luckily after a few minutes of yelling I had a nice gentleman come up to me and buy them all.

I then wandered into the mobile service center and did a little crafting.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 29 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 9 Generic Leather Textures, 8Tailoring Remnants and 14 Metal remnants and got back 4 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 68.0

Engineering 378
Textile Engineering 172
Make Textile 131
Tailoring 50
Carpentry 28 > 29

I then had a nice lunch and sat quietly reflecting on my dream last night. Soon I was done eating and decided to visit East Scylla Mountains for some continued swunting.

Soon I was standing in the foothills of those very mountains. My swunting was very relaxing this time. I can always count on East Scylla and its peacefulness. The only tense moment is when I almost stepped in a pile of Exo Poo!

So this run also went well. I used a total of 2000 rounds between East Scylla and Camp Phoenix and ended up with 20.19 peds of loot, 5.85 peds of Sweat and .65 peds worth of Fruit. All of which gave me a profit of + 6.69 peds

With my "work" going very well today I decided to go out again and get the last amount of Sweat I needed to get to 6K bottles. This trip included only 1200 rounds of ammo. It didn't take me long to get the sweat I needed and soon I found myself in profit land again! I looted 16.15 peds of goodies, 3.42 peds of Sweat which gave me a profit of +7.57 peds.

I finished up my day finding a buyer for my sweat and then called it a day.
Although the dream I had started my day in a bad way, all the profit I made today more than made up for it!!!

I did reach level 4 in the Humaniod Investigator profession, but I was finding the sweat gathering and loot to be lacking so I ended the swunt here at having only used 400 rounds and headed back to Camp Phoenix

Once I got to CP things started to improve. Soon I discovered a nice little growth of Caroots. They grow really well here due to all the mob fertilizer ;)

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 116

11-24-08
Escape and A Short But Good Day

I ran out the doors from the CEO's room and stumbled into the waiting room. The receptionist turned and looked at me. Her once beautiful blue eyes were now cold dead red glowing lenses. Her golden hair replaced with a shiny metal skullcap. Franticly I looked around the room and noticed that al the businessmen in the room were now Drones in business suits!!!
AHHHHHH!
I stumble on the rug as I bolt for the exit and careen off to the right, straight into a wall. The tapestry hanging up there broke loose from its fittings and it fell on top of me.
I scrambled out from under it and then noticed the fancy embroidery was in fact a series of 1s and 0s!!!
Now the drone were coming my way. Ive got to get out!!
I start running towards the exit and I soon found the harder I ran the farther the exit seemed to be.
Suddenly I was at the door hitting it with a loud BOOM!!
At first the door did not move at all. I hit it again and again and finally the door burst open and......

I woke up, sweating...again!
Ack, I hate these dreams. Now it seems I am having dreams that are connected from night to night.

Well off to work I go, a little shaky and something doesn't feel right in my stomach. I grab just 1000 rounds from the Camp Phoenix trade terminal and head out to the fields.
As I went on I started to feel worse and worse. One bright note was that it seemed that I was getting some decent loot. Also I reached level 5 Grenadier (Hit) profession.
Once the run was complete I was very pleased to find I had looted 23.81 peds of goods and collected 2.75 peds of Sweat for a profit of +16.56 peds

At this point I was in alot of pain. Looks like I med to hit up the medics at Port Atlantis. Hopefully they can do something for me.

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 117

11-26-2008
A New Jacket and a New Gun Gone Bad!

I awoke with a sense of peace. I actually slept through the night and did not have a nightmare (that I am aware of).
Getting up my comm buzzes and let me know I have a message.
Too my surprise my father has sent some much needed peds to my account. Well this is good news.

First thing I do is go over to the repair terminal and repair all my armor and my tools (at least the UL tools) Then I buy 100 ped of light ammo. Good to have that sitting in inventory. The next order of business is...
Some new threads! I had noticed the other day that Hobb Jackets weren't too pricey and I thought then that I would like something to keep me warm instead of my armor.
So I check out the auction and find a uncolored, untextured jack at tt +3 peds. Then I buy a reasonable texturizer just under MU.
Next I invested in some Generic Leather (100 peds) and 2700 Basic Leather extractors (26 peds).

Next was a trip to Sakura CIty for a gigantic crafting run of Generic Leather Textures. While I was crafting I noticed a strange fellow standing in the room. Scary!

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 1700 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 680 Generic Leather Textures, 1873 Tailoring Remnants and 2240 Metal remnants and got back 431 Basic Leather Extractors and 54 Generic Leather. My QR went from 68.0 to 75.0 I also looted a Ribbed Velvet Fabric Texture BP

Engineering 378 > 388
Textile Engineering 172 > 201
Make Textile 131 > 141
Tailoring 50 > 56
Carpentry 29 > 34

After this run I tested out the Texturizer on my new Hobb jacket and was successful in my attempt. I also got a new rank in Texture Pattern.
Check out my new jacket!

After this I reflected on my current weapons. I knew my H400 was close to breaking (you can only duct tape it so many times) so when I checked my skill level against the H400 I noted that I had maxed the gun. Next stop p5a. So I asked around and was directed to fellow TKoC HQ knight Sao who had a supply of them. So I did the trade with him. Boy it was shiny and new....very cool!

Of course I couldn't wait to get out and test it. so I grabbed 3000 rounds and headed out to Orthos.

Now everyone pay attention to my experiences!!
The run went very badly, although the gun is a very efficient weapon, unless you are skilled in it it is VERY SLOOOOOW!!
Unfortunately when I went out the loot was very bad and with the slow fire rate of the gun my armor and fap were in decay city!!
By the end of the run I had only looted 14.34 peds of goods which left me with a -15.66 peds loss and a pile of armor and fap decay.

I promptly put the gun on Auction and once its sold will by another H400 and use it for a while. Once I get a little higher in my pistol skills I will go back to the P5a but not now!

and that ended a bittersweet day on Calypso!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 118

11-27-2008
Atlas Haven under attack

This day started like any other. I did my morning ritual of checking the news and my storage items and then the Auction. After that I headed out the door and went back to work at Camp Phoenix.

On this trip I took with me 2000 rounds. I found this run to be a peaceful exercise in swunting. I had no issues with any mobs, the robots didn't try and get me and I got decent loot and sweat. Very nice!

By the end of the run I found I had looted 19.15 peds of goodies and 4.68 peds of gathered Sweat Bottles, which gave me a profit of +4.83 peds.

But...all good things come to and end, especially when you get a new alert on your comm unit! The ENN breaking news reported that Altas Haven was under attack by drones not see before on the planet surface. So I stowed my goods and headed to Atlas and low and behold...it was true!

I bot type I had never seen before was attacking the small town. I cant tell you why but somehow I knew that these bots were designated Coordinators, or more importantly Assault Coordinators!
This is not good!!

At first there were only a few bots..But then all hell broke loose!

and then the Death began, first with others then they turned on me :(

I finally took shelter in one of the mobile service centers and stayed put until morning.

Hopefully by tomorrow they will have been beaten back!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 119

11-28-2008
The Morning after, SiXx's TKoC Event and the return of the H400

Apon awakening the first thing I notice was that there was no noises or battle. The revivers we quiet and everyone seemed to be going about their normal duties. I stepped outside to take a look and found maintenance personal finishing up wit the clean up. Even the blast holes on the side of the buildings had been patched. These guys are good!
I went back inside and did a little crafting run while I was here.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 63 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 27 Generic Leather Textures, 44 Tailoring Remnants and 32 Metal remnants and got back 13 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 75.0

Engineering 388 > 389
Textile Engineering 201 > 203
Make Textile 141 > 142
Tailoring 56
Carpentry 34 > 35

Once I finished that it was time for a Soc event. TKoC SiXx was hosting a Team vs Team event, where we us opallos and 1500 rounds. The winning team is the team with the highest global or HOF total.

I was the first one at Twins Mall entrance but soon I was joined by my mates!

I ended up being teamed with TKoC HQ Chopper and TKoC Knights Ant and Demonic. The other team was TKoC SiXx, Ico21, Francis Mo and Simeon. Soon we got to business and started the slaughter!

About 3/4th of the way into the event we saw the other team get a global :( The pressure was on!! But unfortunately for us we never managed to global so by default the other team won. Gratz to them all!
So what did they win? They got to split their global amoungst them and half of our loot also was split between them. We all got back about 14 peds to cover ammo costs and what was left over was donated to Society Funds.
It was great fun and I look forward to the next one!
One of the cool thing is after the event was done, SiXx asked us who on the team ran out of ammo first. That happened to be me (itchy trigger finger I guess) He said congratulation on getting a consultation prize! He open a trade window and I was soon staring at a Vumpoor J4(L) Grenade Launcher! I have never had on of these before so I was very happy to get it!

So with this event done I was eager to get out and try my freshly bought H400 and maybe some Grenade action. I chose Orthos as my hunting spot and went to town! I ended up using 4100 light rounds and was rewarded with 73.29 peds of loot for a profit of +32.29 peds WooHoo!! :yay:

Now that the fun was over it was time to get back to work. I headed back to Camp Phoenix and started up a swunting session. I ended up using 1404 Medium Cells, 145 light BLP rounds and 702 Explosive rounds. During the run I loaded up on the skills with 2 new ranks in both Support Weapons Systems, Explosive Projectile Weaponry Technology and I reached level 8 in the Grenadier (Dmg) profession
By the time I was done I had looted 17.84 peds of goodies, and collected 5.56 peds of Sweat which gave me a profit of +.89 peds. Not much but it was fun!

and that ended a fun day on Calypso!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 120

11-29-2008
More Bot Attacks and a bad bad bad hunting day!

So I get going this morning, jazzed about my good fortune yesterday. I had a pocketful of peds a good gun and the desire to hunt some more. So I bought 4000 lights cells and headed off for a new hunt. My mob of choice? Feffiods...yes Feffiods, as a matter of fact this will be my first solo Feff hunt. Si I go my gear together and headed out to wear I thought they were, but I was mistaken. I showed up at Fort Medusa and immediately knew this was the wrong Fort and on top of that..
The damn BOTS WERE ATTACKING HERE!!!!!

So I dodge in and out of the gunfire and went back to the TP and quickly brought up Fort Fury and hit the go button! Once I arrived at FF I was relieved to find a nice quiet fort with no bots.

SO I headed out and found that I could do well against the Feffs now, but the loot was sucky. I ended up using only 3177 cells before I decided to leave. My loot for this trip was a sucky 16.01 peds which gave me a loss of -15.76 peds

So I headed back to Orthos since I knew what to expect. I made sure I had 4000 rounds and started on my run. Nice thing about this run was that it was a good skill run. I got a new rank in Inflict Ranged Damage, Markmanship and Anatomy!. Also while I was hunting my comm went off telling me that I had sold another lot of Orange Paint! Yea! :D
But I was dismayed at the loot I ended up getting. Out of 4000 cells I only looted 14.03 peds of goods for a loss of -15.97 :mad: OUCH!

After this run I knew I should just go back to "work" at the Swunting fields of Camp Phoenix. So I bought 1600 medium cells and got busy. But this run was also awful. I ended up looting 6.81 peds og goods and got 5.10 peds of Sweat which gave me another loss for the day. This time to the tune of -4.09 peds :mad:

After this my comm went off and I found that Lexie was looking for me. She came to the CP TP and said that she had some armor for the Swamp Camp giveaway. She said all the armor came from TKoC HQ member Zeke. The lot included alot of shogun armor and such. Very nice. She said that he instructed her that is a new knights needs some of this they get first dibbs. Cool with me!

So one last effort of the day to see if I can make anything positive happen in the way of loot. I bought 1200 medium cells and went back to swunting. Finally my luck was starting to pan out. Soon after I started up green swirlies, I had just gotten a new skill!

Ranged Damage Assessment!!:yay:

Shortly after that I received my first rank improvement in that skill with a new rank in RDA. At one point I drew the attention of a very pesky bug. Soon it was a pest no more!

By the end of the run I had looted 8.03 peds of goods and gathered 4.26 peds of Sweat and I actually made a tiny profit of +.27 peds. :) At least its not a loss and I have skills on top of it.

Then my comm went off again. I found that now TKoC Knights Gohan was looking for me. He told me that he wanted to make me a deal and too meet him at Fort Ithica. Once there I met him and he said he had to goto the Storage for a sec. SO I followed him and soon we found ourselves in the wrong Mobile Service center...Whoops. We headed out and back over to the other service center that had a storage box.
Soon he was asking me for a trade. Then he said put all my Shogun Armor minus the feet into the trade window. I was to say the least intrigued. I did as he asked and to my surprise in his trade window appeared a full suit minus the feet of Ghost Armor.
"Wow!" is what came out of my mouth. He said that he wanted his old armor to goto a knight that most reminds him of someone that would do what he does when it comes to helping new players and upholding the image of the Knight of Calypso.
Too say the least I was humbled. This was such an honor for another Knight to bestow apon me. Gohan is truly a great Knight!!!!

Since I was here I decided to do a little crafting run. One of these days I will get beyond Generic Leather Textures, just not today.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 88 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 50 Generic Leather Textures, 65 Tailoring Remnants and 54 Metal remnants and got back 29 Basic Leather Extractors and 3 Generic Leather. My QR went from 75.0 to 75.1

Engineering 389
Texture Engineering 203 > 204
Make Textile 142 > 143
Tailoring 56
Carpentry 35 > 35

As I sat there watching the vid screen I was amazed that all the major centers seem to be under attack by the robot forces. Will it ever end?

Thanks Schism :)

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 121

11-30-2008
Work, A New Find and Attackers Spotted

As I stand here looking about Camp Phoenix I take a moment and think about all the peaceful places on Calypso. This is certainly one of them. I am also very fond of East Scylla Mountains, I love the sound of the wind as it travels over the mountains and through the trees and grass.
I wonder if others take the time to truly just look around and really SEE what is around them.

So I start out to work with only 1794 medium cells and the hope of an easy work day. Soon after I start on my swunting path I notice something out of the corner of my eye. Another colonist appears to be just watching me from a hilltop.

I wave to him but he just stands there. When I turn towards him he turns and runs back over the hill out of sight. Once I reach the top of the hill I cant see where he has gone. Very strange!

Another interesting thing that happened was that after gunning down a Young Female Snablesnot I found matted in her fur a bottle of Makeup Remover. I have never found this before and how it got stuck in her fur I will never know.

While hunting my comm went off and notified me that another lot of Orange Paint has sold at Auction! Good! Soon I was also happy to see that I reached level 10 in the Ranged BLP (Dmg) profession. Right after that, there goes the comm again, another lot of Orange paint sold!! Right on!!
The I got new rank in Ranged Damage Assessment and..you guessed it, comm notice, yet another sale of my Orange Paint lots. This is a good day :)

The swunt ended in me getting 13.60 peds in loot and 4.91 peds of sweat which gave me a profit of +.57 peds.

I headed to Hadesheim Central too see the progress of the invasion. Apon arriving I found the place overrun with bots and I was soon gunned down by them!

Once I revived (boy those bot blasts sting alot) I walked up to the retaining wall to get a better look at the action.

That is when I noticed the model Attacker bot flying!!! I did not know they had aerial bots. They must have been a new model cause some of them appeared to have faulty programming as they kept flying into the bridge.

Well I found Hadesheim to intense so I made a run for the TP and made it. I dialed in Camp Phoenix and TPed out of there.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 122

12-01-2008
A Short But Profitable Day!

Today was short and sweet! I went off to work expecting the usual returns and I was pleasantly surprised with this swunting run. First off I got a new rank in Ranged Damage Assessment and reached level 6 in the Paramedic profession.
Now for the good part. Not only did I get good loot, I got GREAT loot. Not a global but very very good for an opalo swunting run. At the end of my time I ended up with 43.74 peds of goodies and 2.97 peds of sweat, which gave me a boggling profit of +34.33 peds :yay:

and thats it! Like I said short and sweet!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 123

12-02-2008
Bot Ships Poised for attack and its the Christmas Season Again

I awoke to my comm going crazy. Checking it out I find reports from all over the place that 6 bot motherships have taken positions around the planet. This I have to see. Once I found out where there all were I started my TP tripping.

This is what I found:

At one point I got brave enough and stood right under the mothership at Nate's Valley

No one knows if these are weapon ships or transports. But for now they are quietly hovering..waiting.
Since nothing seemed to be happening right now I knew it was time to goto work.

A quick TP and I was at good old Camp Phoenix. On this trip I bought 2000 rounds but only used 800. During the run I got a new rank in RDA.

When all was said and done i ended up with 9.61 peds of loot and 1.90 peds of Sweat which gave me a small profit of +3.51 peds

After the run I headed to twins and was happy to see they had finish putting up Christmas Decorations!

I love the trees this time of year!

I finished the day by going to Nate's Valley so that I will be able to if anything new has happened by the morning.

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 124

12-03-2008
The Hunt, A New Level, The Message and the Gathering

Getting started I poked my head out the door at Nate;s Valley and everything seemed quiet. SO I TP to Hadesheim and also found nothing going on there. So Back to Camp Phoenix for work.

On this run I took 1200 rounds. This round was pretty typical for a days work except for the lovely swirls of a level increase. Thats right, my named profession has reached..

Level 22 Laser Sniper (Hit) profession!! :yay:

Near the end of my run I actually ran into TKoC Steel Ico21! It always nice to run into a soc mate when out in the middle of no where!

Now as I was wrapping up, all of a sudden my comm went off with a message. When I checked it I was shocked to see that it was a intercept message, possibly from he bot motherships!

So I finished up my run in hopes that I could catch the beginning of an attack!

On my run I used only 973 rounds and looted 15.09 peds of goods and collected 3.55 peds of sweat which gave me a profit of +8.91 peds

Once i had finished I made a be line to Nate's Valley. Once i got there I found a large group of people there standing and staring at the ship!

and time went on more and more people started to show up. Talk was rampant on what was happening. Some adventurous souls were even shooting Rockets at the ship. But they seemed to just bounce off with no effect.

It was quite something to be standing there with my fellow colonists all of us wondering...

...What the HELL is about to happen!!!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 125

12-04-2008
More coded messages and another good Swunt

This morning I found nothing had changed yet at Nate's Valley. So I packed up my things and headed back to Camp Phoenix. I wonder what this day will bring?

Once thing I noticed before I started my run was that the coded messages where still being broadcast.

I was once again amazed at the good loot I seemed to be getting. During the run I reached level 17 in the Guass Sniper (Hit) and Plasma Sniper (Hit) professions

At the end of the run i managed to get 20.88 peds of loot and .6 peds of sweat. Since I only used 820 ammo cells I had a tidy profit of +13.22 peds

I finished up the day at Port Atlantis admiring the Christmas tree there!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 126

12-05-2008
Crafting at Nate's Valley

Today ended up being a general maintenance day. I took apart and cleaned everything I own. I even cleaned out my storage container and reorganized everything. Outside all was quiet and the weather was overcast and a little cold. I could still see the Bot Mothership hovering but nothing else is going on.
So once i had everything where it should be I did a little crafting run.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 80 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 45 Generic Leather Textures, 39 Tailoring Remnants and 322 Metal remnants and got back 14 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR went from 75.1 to 75.8 I also looted a level IV BP, Fine Frote Fabric Texture BP. I think this is the first level IV BP I have ever looted, cool!

Engineering 389
Texture Engineering 204 > 205
Make Textile 143 > 144
Tailoring 56
Carpentry 35 > 37

and that ended this day. I should have everything in order for tomorrow to be a big hunting day.

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 127

12-06-2008
The Bot Invasion Begins and A Good Day for Hunting

I was shaken awake by the sudden shuttering of the mobile service center at Nate's Valley where I had spent the night. I got up and looked around in time to see some uber armored colonists go out the main door clutching there big guns.
Crap!
I thought to myself.
So I poked my head out the door and found that indeed the invasion had begun. Too my surprise the bots were much bigger this time!

I went back inside ad got my things together. As I do not have anything that can combat these monsters I thought I had better head to safer ground. So out the door I went, running and dodging laser blasts until I got too the TP.
Soon I was standing at Camp Phoenix and all was quiet. I went and bought 1747 cells for my opallo and went to work.

During my run I was happy to get a new rank in Ranged Damage Assessment. Loot was looking really good and I ended up stopping my swunt with having only used 1482 cells. I was pleased t find that I had collected 36.08 peds of loot and 2.93 peds of sweat, which gave me a very nice profit of+24.19 peds! :)

After this I returned to Nate's Valley to see what was happening with the invasion. It looked like the Colonists had beaten back the bots to a safe distance. I had no trouble getting to the Service Center. Once there I did a GLT crafting run.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 50 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 50 Generic Leather Textures, 87 Tailoring Remnants and 586 Metal remnants and got back 10 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR went from 75.8 to 75.9

Engineering 389 > 390
Texture Engineering 205 > 206
Make Textile 144
Tailoring 56
Carpentry 37 > 38

Now that I had some peds in my pocket I could afford a hunting run at Orthos. So I broke out my Ghost Armor and H400 and made the jump.

Some very cool things happened on this run. First I was skilling like crazy. I got a new rank in RDA, Laser Weaponry Technology and Handgun and reach Level 16 in the Laser Pistol (Hit) profession and level 11 in the Plasma Pistoleer (Hit) profession

In addition to this I looted my first ever power claws!!

By the time I was finished wit hthe run of 500 cells I had looted 103.97 peds of goodies, with out a global!!! That gave me a profit of +5.97 peds!! :)

Since the bot invasion was wearing heavy on my mind due too what they were doing to me I headed back to Nate's again to see what was going on. I soon found out after running to the service center that the bots were pushing forward!

Safely inside the center (I hoped) I added to my GLT stockpile.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 45 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 25 Generic Leather Textures, 25 Tailoring Remnants and 96 Metal remnants and got back 15 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR went from 75.9 to 76.2

Engineering 390
Texture Engineering 206
Make Textile 144 > 145
Tailoring 56
Carpentry 38

Since I had done soooo well at Orthos, I bought another 5000 cells and headed back.
During this run I found the skilling to be improved and the loot was still very good! I got a new rank in RDA and reached level 10 in the Pyschotropian (Dmg) profession and level 12 in the BLP Pistoleer (Hit) profession.

When all was said and done I was looking at loot on the order of 86.37 peds which gave me another profit of +36.37 peds :yay:

Like a yo-yo I went back to Nate's and found the Eviserators trying to wipe everyone out!

Ducking into the service center I....you guessed it GLT crafting!!!

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 75 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 35 Generic Leather Textures, 98 Tailoring Remnants and 29 Metal remnants and got back 23 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR went from 75.9 to 76.2

Engineering 390 > 393
Texture Engineering 206 > 210
Make Textile 145 > 146
Tailoring 56 > 57
Carpentry 38

Since i was still swimming in peds I thought I would try something different, so I headed to Twins Mall and headed off to combat the Agros.
The hunting wasn't as good as Orthos but I did get another new rank in RDA and reached level 19 in the Ranged Laser (Dmg)
profession.

When I had finished my 5000 cell hunt I noted I only got 47.03 peds in loot so I saw my first loss of the day totaling -2.97 peds.

So this time I skipped Nate's and went right back to Orthos to see if maybe a global was waiting for me.
Well it wasn't but the loot was good again and the skills were crazy!!

On this run I reached level 17 in the Laser Pistoleer (Hit) profession, level 12 in the Plasma Pistoleer (Hit) pro, level 10 in the Ranged Gauss (Dmg) pro, level 10 in the Pychotropian (Dmg) pro, level 10 in the Ranged Plasma (Dmg) pro and level 7 in the Knifefighter (Dmg) profession.

So on this 5000 cell run I looted 61.92 peds for a back to profiting profit of +11.92 peds

Whew, that was a fun day of hunting and crafting. No globals but I made crazy good skills and profit :)

I finished up my day at Port Atlantis trying to unload some Fruit, Sweat and Hair Gel (Sold the Hair Gel ;) )

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 128

12-07-2008
Return of the Global and a New Unlocked Skill

In the bright and crisp morning air I found myself at Twins checking out the market there. Looking for someone who was buying Ores and Enmatters I found someone whom I have dealt with before. Tarmogoyf was available and soon we were making a deal.

Ore/Enmatters sold to Tarmogoyf in a refined state: Sold 35.78 tt peds of Ore/Enmatter @ 118% or 42.36 peds.

After the trade I decided to head out to Orthos and see what the state of loot was today. I bought 5000 light cells and TP too my favorite hunting grounds. Once I got going I started to skill like crazy again. I got a new rank in Dodge and had the following level gains. Level 7 in he Whipper (Dmg) profession, Level 9 in the Grenadier (Dmg) profession, Level 11 in the Ranged BLP (Dmg) profession and Level 6 in the Evader profession.

At the end of the hunt I found myself with 55.66 peds of loot which gave me a profit of +5.66 peds

I wandered to Nate's Valley to cool off from the hunt with a small crafting run of GLT

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 80 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 36 Generic Leather Textures, 45 Tailoring Remnants and 45 Metal remnants. My QR went from 76.2 to 76.4 I also got a new rank in Carpentry

Engineering 393
Texture Engineering 210 > 213
Make Textile 146 > 149
Tailoring 57
Carpentry 38 > 40

While at Nate's I ran into my old friend, former TKoC knight, Alex. I noticed by the way that he had joined Divine Justice. We chatted a bit and he asked if I had unlocked Animal Taming yet. I said no, so he loaned me a whip and told me to go get it. He said he unlocked it in about 10 minutes. I bid him goodby and when off to unlock AT.

So I headed off to Camp Phoenix and looked and found myself a Snablesnot Male young to test out my Animal Taming. The fist one I tried it on died from my Whipping, but the second on which was a female young I was able to tame!

Thats right unlocked my 3rd new skill Animal Taming!!

By the time I was finished taming I had a Young Female Snablesnot as a pet and I had received 2 ranks in Animal Taming.
But I didnt have enough food to keep it happy so I dismissed it.

After this I returned to Orthos for another 5000 cell hunt and I cm glad I did. The loot was very good, so good in fact, I GOT MY 9th HUNTING GLOBAL!

136 peds Adult Molisk Global!

Besides the global I also got a new rank in RDA, Dexterity and Combat Reflexes and reached level 13 in the BLP Pistoleer (Hit) profession. Also while I was hunting I dropped a bomb once and a while.

AT the end of the hunt I ended up with 163.65 peds of loot which gave me a nice profit of +113.45 peds.

>>Mining Results: Orthos West Mounds
Ore VI III - - V - - - - III - III - - V - - - - 32% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a maxed out Z20 finder unamped

Ore Finds
VI Cumbriz Stone @ 649m
III Gazzurdite Stone @ 476m
V Megan Stone @ 585m
III Caldorite Stone @ 638m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 692m
V Cumbriz Stone @ 597m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 902
Drilling 957 >
Geology 809 > 825
Mining 1012 > 1032
Prospecting 898 > 910

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 6
Surveyor 6
Miner 6
Driller 5

After the global I returned to Nate's Valley and had enough animal hides for a GLT run.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 50 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 18 Generic Leather Textures, 18 Tailoring Remnants and 35 Metal remnants and was returned 11 Basic Leather Extractors. My QR stayed at 76.4

Engineering 393
Texture Engineering 213
Make Textile 149
Tailoring 57
Carpentry 40

I also did a run on Simple I Conductors.

>Crafting Results: Simple I Conductors Did 100 clicks at Quantity (20 Animal Muscle Oil and 2 Animal Eye Oil) I ended up with 113 Simple I Conductors, 3002 Animal Oil Residues and got back 32 Animal Eye Oil (AEO) and 15 Animal Muscle Oil (AMO). My QR went from 10.4 to 13.6
I also got 2 new ranks in Manufacture Electronic Equipment and 2 ranks in Electronics. I also looted a Basic Relays Level 1 BP

I ended up with the following skill gains:
Manufacture Electrical Equipment 59
Electronics 13 > 22
Engineering 393 > 415

My final act of the day was to notice that TKoC Knight Jef was out kicking about. I asked him to meet me at Orthos where I revealed myself to be his Secret Santa! My gift to him was a nice Hobb Jacket textures with leather textures!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Jef!!

That ended a great day in Entropia. Just think what tomorrow will bring :D

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 129

12-08-2008
Bad Hunting Good Mining and a Really REALLY BIG BOT

I was fun of hope today, hope that the loot pool was still in good shape. So I bought 5000 light cells and headed to Orthos. I also had a handful of bombs that I could use now and then. But alas, always a good loot day is followed by 3 weeks of bad loot days, and today was no different. I did manage to get some skill gain which was nice. I managed a new rank in Weapons Handling and reached level 7 in the Swordsman (Dmg) profession and level 18 in the Laser Pistoleer (Hit) profession!

My run ended with a dismal loot of only 33.10 peds which gave me a loss of -28.10 peds

But my mining while hunting faired alot better. I even finally got a new level in a mining skill, yup I hit level 7 in the Prospector profession. It was my first mining skill to hit level 7!

The best hit I got was a level XI Gazzurdite!!

>>Mining Results: Orthos West Mounds
Ore V - - XI - - - - - - V - - - - V - V V 32% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a maxed out Z20 finder unamped

Ore Finds
V Gazzurdite Stone @ 629m
XI Gazzurdite Stone @ 507m
V Caldorite Stone @558m
V Cumbriz STone @ 473m
V Caldorite Stone @ 615m
V Gazzirdite @ 597m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 902
Drilling 957
Geology 825 > 827
Mining 1032 > 1069
Prospecting 910 > 922

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 6 > 7
Surveyor 6
Miner 6
Driller 5

After this run I headed over to Nate's Valley and just as I came through the TP a Legionnaire Bot loomed up in front of me and...

Was shot dead by the gun turret! :eek:

Whew! That was close. I then turned and took a moment and stared at the Nate's Valley Mothership. Damn them!! :mad:

Just as I turn to head towards the Service Center the ground starts to shake, as I turn and look behind me I find I can no longer control my bladder!
It was the Biggest Bot I have even been close too!

Luckily for me the turret fired into action and soon it lay at my feet...in my puddle of urine. I turn and head inside to get some fresh clothes.

Once cleaned up I went ahead and did some crafting to get my mind off recent events.

>>Crafting Results: Mannell Shoes Did 6 clicks (9 generic leathers, 1 Fine Leather, 1 Wool Thread) I ended up with 2 pairs of shoes. Also my BP QR went from 5.6 to 6.1 I also got a new rank in Make Textile!

Make Textile 149 > 163
Tailoring 57 > 60

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 40 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 36 Generic Leather Textures, 419 Tailoring Remnants and 105 Metal remnants and got back 14 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 76.4

Engineering 393
Texture Engineering 213 > 218
Make Textile 149
Tailoring 57
Carpentry 40 > 41

I Then took 200 Generic Leather Textures and used them on the new Mannell Shoe I had just made. In just one click I got the shoes textured, a new rank in Color Matching and Texture Pattern Matching and attained level 1 in the Colorer profession.

and now I have some nifty new shoes :)

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 130

12-09-2008
Hunting, Swunting and Crafting Yea Haw!

I am the first to say that I am persistent in the things I do. Sometimes thats great and sometimes thats bad. Today I had a little of both.
My day started at Orthos for another 5000 light cell run.
Nice thing about this run is the skills kept coming! I got new ranks in RDA and Aim and reached level 13 in the Plasma Pistoleer (Hit) profession and level 20 in the Ranged Laser (Dmg) profession.

After the run was complete I found I had lost peds again. I ended up with 42.38 peds of loot which gave me a loss of -7.62 peds (This is where less persistence would have been good)

After this run I headed back to "work" at Camp Phoenix. This is where my patiences and persistence paid off. I used 1548 medium cells and got back 19.67 peds of loot and 2.04 peds of Sweat which gave me a profit of +6.23 peds :)

Once I was done at "work" I headed to Nate's Valley for some recreational crafting. While I was getting ready to craft I noticed that one of the crafting machines had a nice hood ornament ;)

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 75 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 43 Generic Leather Textures, 36 Tailoring Remnants and 47 Metal remnants and got back 21 Basic Leather Extractors and 3 Generic Leather. My QR went from 76.4 to 76.7

Engineering 393 > 417
Texture Engineering 218 > 222
Make Textile 149 > 171
Tailoring 57 > 61
Carpentry 41 > 46

>>Crafting Results: Snablesnot Leather Textures Did 31 clicks (1 Snablesnot Leather, 4 Advanced Leather Extractor) I ended up with 5 Snablesnot Leather Textures, 25 Tailoring Remnants and 3 Metal remnants and got back 6 Advanced Leather Extractors. My QR went from 7.5 to 8.4

Engineering 417
Texture Engineering 222
Make Textile 171
Tailoring 61
Carpentry 46

>>Crafting Results: Hessian Fabric Textures Did 21 clicks (1 Wool, 4 Inferior Cloth Extractor) I ended up with 144 Hessian Fabric Textures, 91 Tailoring Remnants and 25 Metal remnants. My QR went from 1 to 2.5

Engineering 417
Texture Engineering 222 > 228
Make Textile 171 > 176
Tailoring 61
Carpentry 46

and finally

>>Crafting Results: Large Striped Cotton Textures Did 5 clicks (1 Wool, 1 Inferior Cloth Extractor) I ended up with 69 Large Striped Cotton Textures, 35 Metal remnants and got back 2 Inferior Cloth Extractors. My QR went from 12.7 to 13.0

Engineering 417
Texture Engineering 228
Make Textile 176
Tailoring 61 > 63
Carpentry 46

And that was that. I am hoping that I can gain control of my upper level hunting impluses as it always tasks me to keep going even though loot looks bad. I cant yet stop myself from chasing the global carroot ;)

Back