The Angus Logs

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 131

12-11-2008
Brush with a EU Celebrity, Difficulties a Orthos and Zychion Skirmishes

My day started with a nice message from a buyer for some of my paints I had advertised in the local paper. The buyer turned out to be EU Celebrity LeeLoo Faith. She left a message for me to meet her at Emeralds Mall.

So I got my gear together and loaded up my paints for sale and made the jump. Soon I found LeeLoo standing before the Auctioneer and introduced myself.

We had a nice little chat and she bought a fair amount of my higher end bulk paints!

After the trade I headed out to Orthos to check out the loot there. I took with me 4400 light cells for my H400 and went to hunting! During the run I did reach level 18 in the BLP Sniper (Hit) profession.

Now once again I couldn't stop hunting, I kept pushing on even though the loot was very bad. Bad..BAD ANGUS! Will I ever learn? My run ended with me only getting 22.26 peds of lot which gave me a loss of -21.74 peds :mad:

I then got curious about the robot war progress so I headed out to Zychion to see what the state of war was. I was happy to see that colonists had cleared out the area around the TP and had corralled the final bots into a small box canyon. I climbed up to the old freeway overpass and got a good look at the action.
I found a couple of well known hunters teaming up on these. Mrs Emma Peel was the gunner and Sammy 2004 was her fapper. Together they seems to be doing a great job taking out these devils.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Other colonists, such as Optiva, were also trying to take out these bot with various degrees of success.

I decided to spend the night inside the safety of Zychions upper levels. As I drifted off to sleep I could barely hear the sound of laser fire in the distance.

Colonel Mac signing off...

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 132

12-12-2008
TKoC Holiday Beacon Mission an a little hunting

I was excited when I got up as I found out that today is the day for the TKoC Beacon Mission. What makes this mission different is that we all would split the loot instead of it going back to Soc funds.
The starting location was at Twin Peaks in front of the Octagon. It wasn't long before a large group of Knights had gathered, which included Thad, Sixx, Jupa, Jef, Lexie, Ant, Mini Chaos and myself.

Once we were all assembled we headed out! Once the way out we were joined by Shine and Malky. Once everyone had arrived Thad summoned the spaceship and we were on our way.

We made quick work of the bots and soon we were on the top level ready for the looting.
The loot turned out to be very good and we ended up with a profit of +228 peds, or 25.33 peds each. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next on
e!

After the BM was over I headed out to Orthos for a little hunting. On this trip I took with me 3569 light cells. The hunt ended up being almost break even with loot totaling 34.89 peds for a small loss of -.80 peds

Next I was off to Nate's Valley for some crafting. While I was there I ran into Jupa and noticed that she had changed her hair. I like the look!

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 45 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 17 Generic Leather Textures, 15 Tailoring Remnants and 26 Metal remnants and got back 16 Basic Leather Extractors and 2 Generic Leather. My QR went from 76.7 to 76.9

I ended up with the following skills:
Engineering 417
Texture Engineering 222
Make Textile 171
Tailoring 61
Carpentry 46 > 47

So now it was time to goto work. So off to Camp Phoenix I went. The skilling was great out there. I got a new rank in Laser Weaponry Technology and reached level 14 in the BLP Pistoleer (Hit) profession, level 4 in the Brawler (Hit) profession, level 11 in the Ranged Gauss (Dmg) profession, level 11 in the Pyrotropian (Dmg) profession and level 11 in the Ranged Plamsa (Dmg) profession.
I used 2527 medium cells and looted 26.39 peds of goodies and .49 peds of Sweat which gave me a profit of +1.61 peds

I ended my day going to PA and then Twins. At PA I saw a very strange fellow and I had to take a picture of him.

Then once I settled in for the day at Twins, I sat and relaxed until it got dark. This was a fun filled day!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 133

12-13-2008
Level 23 Laser Sniper and Back to Ore Mining

The wind whipped through my hair I studied the landscape. Through the lenses of my Ghost facemask I could make out the outline of a Mature Molisk. My armor quietly creaked as I made my way up to the high point of a low rising hill. Aiming up with my well worn H400 pistol I fingered the trigger, but did not yet pull it. One last look at my radar on my comm showed nothing was advancing on me. I'm clear for the shot!
The sounds of the laser shots echoed through the valley. Soon the Molisk lay dead at my feet.

Orthos, friend Orthos. It is like a bad relationship that you can not break away from. For the most part my hunts don't pay off here, but once and a while...
GLORY!...

Today was not one of the glory days.

But out of this run I did attain something very valuable to me. I reached..

Level 23 Laser Sniper (Hit) professional

Very nice as this is my named profession. I also reached level 3 in the Tailoring profession, level 19 in the Laser Pistoleer (Hit) profession, level 12 in the Ranged BLP (Dmg) profession and I also got a new rank in Ranged Damage Assessment.

The hunt ended with me using 5021 lights cells and getting back 44.72 peds in loot for a loss of -5.49 peds.

My next destination was Atlas Haven for a crafting run.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 60 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 19 Generic Leather Textures, 45 Tailoring Remnants and 27 Metal remnants and got back 16 Basic Leather Extractors. My QR went from 76.9 to 77.1
I also looted a Soft Leather Texture BP level II!

Engineering 417 > 421
Texture Engineering 222 > 234
Make Textile 171 > 181
Tailoring 61 > 66
Carpentry 47

Now I found myself at Twins looking for a buyer for my Enmats and luckily I found Anyzteeoz looking for some. Soon we were trading! Now I had plenty of peds to mine with. But instead of enmatter mining I decided to make the plunge back into Ore mining to see what pans out.

Ore sold in a refined state to Anyzteoz: 79.35 tt value sold for 88.37 peds of 111%

My target mining area today was Solfais Creator.

My nicest find of the day turned out to be a level IX Belkar

>>Mining Results: Solfais Creator
Ore VI - - IV III - III - - - III - - - V - - - - - - III - - - III - VI - - - - V - - III - III - VI - - - - - - - - - - - - V - - - - - V - - - - - III IV III - - - III III - - IX - - - III - - - III - - III - 27% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a maxed out Z20 finder unamped

Ore Finds
VI Caldorite Stone @ 521m
IV Belkar Stone @ 298m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 589m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 511m
III Lanorium Stone @ 468m
V Belkar Stone @ 532m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 450m
III Belkar Stone @ 296m
VI Cumbriz Stone @ 416m
V Belkar Stone @ 590m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 661m
III Belkar Stone @ 609m
VI Cumbriz Stone @ 601m
V Belkar Stone @ 645m
V Caldorite Stone @ 450m
III Caldorite Stone @ 611m
IV Narcanism Stone @ 846m (One of my deepest claims to date!)
III Lanorium Stone @ 479m
III Lanorium Stone @ 736m
III Belkar Stone @ 343m
IX Belkar Stone @ 730m
III Belkar Stone @ 528m
III Belkar Stone @ 757m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 336m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 902
Drilling 957
Geology 825 > 855
Mining 1032 > 1113
Prospecting 910 > 972

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 6
Surveyor 6
Miner 6
Driller 5

Heading back to civilization I noticed that Wyn was available so I headed to Twins Mall and found him in the Auction room. Soon we were trading. It was good to see him again.

Ore sold in a refined state to Wyn: 65.61 tt value sold for 77.11 peds of 117%

So I found myself at the end of the day, standing on the market plaza of Port Atlantis. Surrounded by the hustle and bustle of the city I occasionally yelled out "Buying all matter of Paint Cans at the Statue!!"
Listening to various conversations around me I just took it all in while waiting for someone to bite on my offer.

Its good to be on Calypso!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 134

12-14-2008
A New Rank and Level in Prospecting!

All I could hear was the sound of my boot breaking the crust of the ice swept plains before me. Then BEEP BEEP BEEP ka-BOOM!
That is how it goes over here in the frozen wastelands of Solfais Creator.

As I make my way around this land I run into many fantastic beast such as the Equus. This testy mutated horse tends to get a little excited at the sound of bombs exploding, as I found myself running back to claim after being chewed up by them. Of course while I was at the revival I also picked up several thousand light cells and donned my Ghost Armor.
Revenge..and good Loot, I like the combo!.

But one of the more fantastic creatures I had yet die from was the towering Caperons!

These creatures seemed to mind their own business up until the point I got way to close! That is when I found out that my armor was useless against them!

Yup killed again, but now I know how close I can go and what damage they do. I had a decent run with the highlight being a level IX Lanorium Stone. I just wish it had a better markup!

The other achievement of this mining run was getting a new level in Prospecting!

Ore - - V V - IX - III - - VI - - V III - - III - - - - - - III - V - - - III V - III - - - - - - - - - - - III - - - - - - III - - - - - - - - IV - - IV - IV - IV III III - - - - - V 28% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a maxed out Z20 finder unamped

Ore Finds
V Cumbriz Stone @ 450m
V Caldorite Stone @ 466m
IX Lanorium Stone @ 529m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 579m
VI Belkar Stone @ 579m
V Caldorite Stone @ 612m
III Caldorite Stone @ 447m
III Belkar Stone @ 503m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 370m
V Caldorite Stone @ 668m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 428m
V Cumbriz Stone @ 542m
III Caldorite Stone @ 686m
III Belkar Stone @ 676m
III Belkar Stone @ 569m
IV Caldorite Stone @ 456m
IV Narcanism Stone @ 593m
IV Lanorium Stone @ 618m
IV Belkar Stone @ 635m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 756m
III Caldorite Stone @ 771m
V Belkar Stone @ 555m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 902
Drilling 957
Geology 855 > 875
Mining 1113 > 1139
Prospecting 972 > 1007

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 6
Surveyor 6
Miner 6
Driller 5

With mining fever on the brain I headed to Twins to find a buyer for these ores so that I might return to mining soon. I found someone whom I have traded many times with available to take ores.

Ore sold in a refined state to Tarmogoyf: 61.98 tt value sold for 71.72 peds of 116%

As I was deciding what to do next I got a comm broadcast that TKoC Pus was doing 11 free haircuts for the society. I think it time to get my hair cut, it is getting a bit long ;)

Soon I found myself at her apartment and sitting comfortably in her barber chair.

I was surprised how quickly she was able to cut my hair. First time through and all was good!

Now I knew not to head right back into mining so I thought I would do a little "work" Soon I found myself at Camp Phoenix and swunting my A$$ off!

The swunt went well and I got new ranks in Sweat Gatherer, Marksmanship and BLP Weaponry and reached level 9 in the Sweat Gatherer profession and level 2 in the Psychotropian (Hit) profession.

I ended up using only 1004 medium cells as the mining itch became too much for me to ignore! I ended up with 11.79 peds of loot and 2.25 peds of Sweat which gave me a profit of +4.00 peds!

The itch was so bad that I didnt even make it out of Camp Phoenix, I just started mining to the south and west!

But the best thing about this run was...

Reaching level 7 in the Prospector profession!!

This is now my higher leveled mining skill. The others should join it soon ;)

>>Mining Results: Camp Phoneix to Zychion
Ore - - - - - - IV IV III - - - - IV III - - - - III - - - - - - - VI - - III - III - - V III III II - IV IV - - - - - - - - - - - - IV - - - - - - - - III - - IV III - - - - 26% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a maxed out Z20 finder unamped

Ore Finds
IV Lysterium Stone @ 552m
IV Lysterium Stone @ 599m
III Lysterium Stone @ 581m
IV Caldorite Stone @ 664m
III Megan Stone @ 478m
III Caldorite Stone @ 664m
III Megan Stone @ 478m
III Caldorite Stone @ 685m
VI Belkar Stone @ 313m
III Copper Stone @ 750m
III Copper Stone @ 475m
V Erdorium Stone @ 624m
III Erdorium Stone @ 697m
III Copper Stone @ 515m
II Ignisium Stone @ 646m
IV Copper Stone @ 600m
IV Belkar Stone @ 492m
IV Erdorium Stone @ 639m
III Erdorium Stone @ 652m
IV Ignisium Stone @ 647m
III Copper Stone @ 663m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 902
Drilling 957
Geology 875 > 891
Mining 1139 > 1173
Prospecting 1007 > 1027

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 6 > 7
Surveyor 6
Miner 6
Driller 5

and that finished a fun filled mining day on Calypso!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 135

12-15-2008
Sometimes Hunting can really kick you in the NADS!!

Orthos
Orthos West
Orthos West Mound
Orthos West Mound = Ped Black Hole

What am I doing here?

Skilling?

New Rank in Handgun
New Rank in Courage
Level 10 in the Grenadier (Dmg) profession
Level 14 in the Plasma Pistoleer (Hit) profession

Check!

Hunting and making great profit?

Negative!

50 peds in = 27.51 peds out = -23.49 peds profit = Unhappy Hunter

Conclusion?

I should have stayed in bed!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 136

12-16-2008
TKoC POST 150 and Attack on Jason's Corner

I promised myself that I would stay away from Orthos for a bit and let its loot pool fill back up to at least break even levels. So I turned my sights on Camp Phoenix and went to work.

One of the nice things to come out of todays work was reaching level 21 in the Ranged Laser (Dmg) profession It seems at the end of the day loot is on a several day loosing streak. Although I did lose as much as yesterday, it still hurts.
I used 1665 medium cells on this swunt and got back 8.93 in loot, 4.09 in Sweat and 1.09 in fruit, which still gave me a loss of -2.54 peds for the day

As I was heading back to the TP my comm unit went off with a news alert. It seems that Jason's Corner is under attack! Being the curious bloke that I am that is exactly where I ended up!

As my vision started clearing from the teleporting I could hear the battles before I could see them. Yup JC was under attack!

I turned and started to head towards the service center when I saw we were surrounded! Thats when I was blasted. You can see my corpse at the bottom of the below image. :(

So now I was inside. Since outside was the hot zone I thought I might just say here for a while and craft some.

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 41 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 9 Generic Leather Textures, 10 Tailoring Remnants and 26 Metal remnants and got back 10 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR went from 77.1 to 77.2

Engineering 421
Texture Engineering 234 > 235
Make Textile 181 > 182
Tailoring 66
Carpentry 47

Once I was done I stuck my head out the front door and....

Went back inside for the night! :)

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 137

12-17-2008
Mad Dash to Safety and Fort Ithica under attack

Jason's Corner, Eudoria
Dashing from cover to cover I get closer to the JC TP. People are dying all around me and the laser fire in intense! I see my goal just a few meters away and make a mad dash to the TP. I leap onto the pad and crouch there for a second to make sure I am not being targeted by the bots. I reach up and feel for the TP controls. Once i found them I stood up ducking my head and dialed in Camp Phoenix.
Just then a laser blast blows by the head and I see a drone headed my way with its blaster pointed right at me. That when I grew a spine and stood up straight. With a smile on my face I waved at the oncoming drone and watch its hesitation as my body de-materialized.

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
Ahh much quieter here. I like that! I head over to the shopping container and load up with 1366 medium cells. Time to go to work. As I headed out I thought to myself, I am glad that this area is not targeted by the bots, it would make my job much more difficult to do! ;)

During my run I was happy to get a new rank in Anatomy. By the end of the run I had collected 11.86 peds of loot and 3.50 peds of Sweat which gave me a profit (finally!) of +1.70 peds

With the run done, I checked out the new and saw that now Fort Ithica was under attack. I guess I'm going there now.

Fort Ithica, Eudoria
Yup, I found it under attack, but there were enough colonist on hand to hand what was there. I saw many Tagger, Fapper teams that were methodically taking out the bigger units.

Even the bigger bots were not safe!

and that is all she wrote for this day!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 138

12-18-2008
Christmas Gifts and the Stones

The sound of laser blasts filled the air. New more deadly bots armed with hundreds of weapons were blasting everyone around me to pieces. Even a group of ubers, armed and armored to the hilt were one by one getting blasted away! My gun I was using had just ran out of ammo when a Big Bot started advancing towards me. I through my empty pistol at it and is rushed me. I closed my eyes expecting a quick death when....

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the wayyyy!"

I opened one eye and the big bot was leaning right over me. Its eyes were flashing...green and blue and the music...was coming from it!

Fort Ithica, Eudoria
I sat up drenched in sweat. The sound of "Jingle Bells" was still in my head! No wait, its not in my head, I can actually hear it! It was my comm. I picked it up and found that I had a message from the Government. It instructed me to goto my nearest service center and claim...a Holiday gift!
Kewl!! So I got up and headed over to the service counter and low and behold..

I opened my packages and found..

Some nice decorations for my future apartment. Very Nice. This year I got a Holiday Lantern and a Reindeer animated display!

Well that was fun. Now it was time to goto work. So I jump in the TP and headed to Camp Phoenix

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
I found that the mobs seemed to be following the holiday spirit with more loot than usual. The skill gain was good too! I got a new rank in both Athletics and Perception!
Also while I was swunting I found a nice pile of 129 Brukite!

My swunt ended with me using 1392 medium cells and looting 13.69 peds of goodies, 2.95 peds of Sweat and about 12.90 peds of Stones, which gave me a nice profit of +15.62 peds. Very Nice indeed!

I decided to spend the day here relaxing and hope as I drifted off to sleep that I would dream of Jingle Bells and not robot invasions.

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 139

12-19-2008
Beacon Missions and a Snarksnot Global

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
I found as I got up that taking most of the day off yesterday was just what the doctor ordered. I felt pretty good and refreshed from a good nights sleep. So good in fact that I bought some light celsl and headed out the door with my destination being Orthos West Mound.

Orthos West Mound, Eudoria
Too my surprise once i stepped off the TP pad, I was surrounded by...
KNIGHTS!!
Apparently a Beacon Mission was about to happen and since I was there, they invited me to come along!

It was a nice mix of TKoC and TKoC HQ Knights. Soon we were activating the beacon and headed up to kick some arse!

The drones didnt have a chance! I was assigned level 3 with TKoC Jef and soon we have a pocketful of robot loot!

Once the mission was done we all handed in our loot and found that we had profited 125 peds :yay:

We then loaded up with more ammo and went on a second BM.

Fort Ithica, Eudoria
This time the loot was not as good but it was still fun and there was still a profit of +57 peds!

When the mission was complete we found ourselves at the outpost south of Fort Ithica. Most knights went their own ways but Jef and myself teamed up to become....

Team TKoC Angus and Jef

For the most part the loot really sucked as we ran south towards Atlas Island North. But when all seemed lost, when we were sure we would not make a profit or even break even, we were surprised by a...

61 ped Snarksnot Old Global!!!

This was the global that saved the day and personally was my first Snarksnot global! I also reached level 2 in the Mutant Investigator profession.

Once we made it back to Atlas Island North we parted ways and I headed to Nate's Valley

Nate's Valley, Amethera
Once here I stored my loot and saw that I had enough Brukite and Basic Stone Extractors to do some crafting.

>>Crafting Results: Brukite Textures Did 129 clicks (1 Brukite Stone, 1 Basic Stone Extractor) I ended up with 34 Brukite Textures. My QR went from 28.5 to 30.4

Engineering 421
Texture Engineering 235 > 238
Make Textile 182 > 184
Tailoring 66
Carpentry 47 > 48

After this a sat for a while and watched the new, up until I saw that East Scylla Mountains was under bot attack. Now this I have to see! I headed out to the TP and soon found myself at East Scylla.

East Scylla Mountains, Eudoria
Sure enough the area around Scylla TP was surrounded. The most concentration of bots was to the east!

Never thought I would see this! I stayed the night here to watch the Colonist come fight and go. The bots never attacked with any force. It was almost like they had no orders. Just standing there until someone got to close or someone fired on them.

I wonder if anything will be different tomorrow?

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 140

12-20-2008
Crafting, Hunting, Skilling and a Holiday Swamp Camp Giveaway

The situation this morning had not changed any at East Scylla. So I headed to safer grounds (and a crafting machine at Atlas Haven.)

Atlas Haven, Eudoria

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 65 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 45 Generic Leather Textures, 37 Tailoring Remnants and 486 Metal remnants and got back 14 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 77.2

Engineering 421
Texture Engineering 238 > 244
Make Textile 184 > 185
Tailoring 66
Carpentry 48

After this the hunting bug got me and I knew that soon I would be standing at Orthos blasting Molisks to Kingdom Come!

I found that this run had flat loot returns but very good skill gains. I also found 159 Caroots while hunting.

The skill gains included a new rank in RDA and many new levels such as level 18 in the Gauss Sniper (Hit) profession, level 18 in the Plasma Sniper (Hit) profession, Level 12 in the Pyschotropian (Dmg) profession, level 15 in the BLP Pistoleer (Hit) profession, level 3 in the Knifefighter (Hit) profession and level 20 in the Laser Pistoleer (Hit) profession.

I ended up using 5000 light cells and got back 46.55 peds in loot and 1.59 peds of fruit which gave me a loss of -1.86 peds. Not too bad.

After this run I decided that it was time for another TKoC Swamp Camp giveaway. So off to PA I went and then ran too Swamp Camp.

Swamp Camp, Just North of Port Atlantis, Eudoria
Once I hit the stables I started saying Ho HO Ho as I was running to the Shopping Container to the North. Lots of green dots out here today! Once I got to the turret I announced to everyone that The Knights of Calypso wish everyone a Happy Holiday! Then I announced that anyone who was new to tha game or thought as themselves as a newbie come to me for a holiday present. I expected to get mobbed by people but no one seemed to be paying attention to me, until one lone soul said "Really?" I replied "Yes, really, come and get it!!"

The first person to come up to me was a nice woman by the name of Darious Dertir Furios. She became the proud owner of a female Shogun thigh guard

Thats when people started coming up to me and the gift giving started. To my surprise I had to guys give me stuff to give out to the others. One guys gave me 63 sweat and another guy gave me 4 opallo rifles. As I had alot of Globlin, Gnome, and Shogun armor, everyone was blown away by the gifts from us.
Now what was interesting was that after the main group got gifts no one else came up to me.
So I started to drop armor all around me and yelled
"Come get your Holiday presents they are all around me!"
Once again no one moved, then one person walked up and then I was swamped. Didnt take long for all the armor to get picked up. Then after that I wished everyone a Happy Holiday from the Knights of Calypso again (driving our name into their minds ;)
The a lone newbie, freelancer and wearing rotted clothes came up to me obviously looking to see if anything was left, I felt sorry for him as all the armor and guns were gone. So I traded him and gave him my Emik S30 and 270 light BLP cells. He replied..
"TY, Angus yo are the best!" (Always nice to hear ;)
I then took this screenie of a bunch of the chat windows I still had open. It was a grand time and I think the good name of the TKoC was made that much better!!

I headed back to Port Atlantis and decided to spend the night in the "Big City"

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 141

12-21-2008
Global and the Final Battle

Port Atlantis, Eudoria
Standing at the Market at PA I looked up and enjoyed the warmth of this sunny day. Today feels like a good day for a Orthos hunt. SO I hopped into the TP and soon...

..I was running to the west with my Ghost Armor on. I was pleased with the skill gains. I reached level 7 in the Two Handed Clubber (Dmg) profession and level 7 in the One Handed Clubber (Dmg) profession.

But the best thing about this hunt was that the loot was good. So good in fact that I....

GOT A 97 PED ATRAX YOUNG GLOBAL!!!!

With this global and the other fine loot I managed to use only 5233 light cells and got back in loot, 149.34 peds for a whopping profit of +97.01 peds!

After this run I headed out to Camp Phoenix for a little "work"

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
But soon after I started, my comm went off and I noticed that it was picking up some robot intercepts again!

But this time some of the messages were not encoded. Soon the soc channel was alive with chat and I got word that a bunch of Ubers were assembling at Jason's Centre. So I stopped my run and headed back to the TP. I have to check this out!

Jason's Centre, Eudoria
What I found was a good collection of Old Ubers including Skalman and Neomavan

But as I was taking in who was here, they all started leaving. I then noticed that the intercepts were bragging about out demise at Scylla. So I also hopped on the TP and soon was at East Scylla Mountains.

Once there I was amazed at the flood of people coming out of the TP. My radar was showing a sea of green dots. So I ran up onto a nearby hill to get a good look at things.

Then after 10 minutes word got out that the final battle was not at Scylla, but with the Bot Scylla at Zychion! So another mass exodious happened and I also joined the fun.

Zychion Citadel, Eudoria
The scene at the Zychion TP was not good, I was soon dead and reviving at the main building.

Once revived I ran outside up on the freeway overpass and took a look down at the TP. It was simply a bloodbath!

I then ran to the other side of the overpass and looked down to see a Warrior Commander kick ass and taking names!

Then when I reached the end of the freeway I saw many bots trying to get up here, but juts not making it. Seems it was safe here!

That is until an Eviserator made it up on the overpass!

After it almost drowned itself in our blood, did the colonists start to join together to defeat these beasts!

and beat them they did. I was so proud to be a colonist at this moment. We were beating the unbeatable!!
Then the words rang out....Team "The Art of War" had finally defeated the Bot known as Scylla! Soon the remaining bots seemed to lack direction and the bot hunting began in earnest!
With the battle now in favor of the colonists. I left the super teams to finish up what was left and returned to a now safer world. So I headed back to Orthos and see if lightning would strike twice!

I got a new rank in Handgun and reached level 6 in the Grenadier (Hit ) profession and level 12 in the Ranged Gauss (Dmg) profession, Pyrotropian (Dmg) profession and Ranged Plasma (Dmg) profession.

Once again the loot did not disappoint. I didn't get a global but I made nice profit! I used 4152 light cells and got back 66.56 peds of loot for a profit of +25.04 peds :)

After this run I headed to Atlas Haven for a little crafting run

Atlas Haven, Eudoria
>>Crafting Results: Mannell Shoes Did 14 clicks (9 Generic Leathers, 1 Fine Leather and 1 Wool Clothes) I ended up with 1 Mannell Shoes, 130 Tailoring remnants. My QR went from 6.1 to 6.6 and I got a new rank in Tailoring

I reached the following skills levels:
Make Textile 188
Tailoring 68
Engineering 432

>>Crafting Results: Basic Shirts Did 9 clicks (4 Generic Leathers, 5 Enamel Molisk Buttons and 2 Wool Clothes) I ended up with 3 Basic Shirts, 42 Tailoring remnants, and recovered 12 Molisk Buttons and 8 Generic Leather. My QR went from 14.40 to 14.80

I reached the following skills levels:
Tailoring 36
Engineering 432 > 432

After this I headed out to Emerald Mall to see if LeeLoo wanted any paints.

Emerald Mall, Amethera
I soon found her and she did want some so we made the trade!

and that ended a whirlwind day on Calypso!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 142

12-22-2008
Basic Good Hunting Day and A Free Calypso

They are gone...
Not only the bots in the ground...
But the Ships in the sky...
All Gone!
We have flexed our muscles and prevailed...
Not everyone fought, but everyone did something...
From the Miners and traders to even the sweaters, we all did our part!
We took back what is ours...Calypso!
We did it without Earths Help...
Perhaps we no longer need them...
Maybe...Just maybe we are unto ourselves...
WE ARE CALYPSIANS!!!
It is now up too us how we shape our world and grab hold of our destiny!

On this fresh new day I felt that a hunt was in order.

Once again the loot seemed to flow freely. As I battled my way through Merps, Atrax, Drones and Molisks I managed to reach level 13 in the BLP (Dmg) profession.

My hunt ended with the use of 3497 light cells and a loot pile of 71.86 peds of goodies, giving me a profit of +36.89 peds :D

Once this run was complete I knew that playtime was over and that I had to goto work...but first a fun break...

I was taking photos of myself just for fun and I happened to snap one of myself running. Now the next statement will let you all know the extent of my age as I watched this show when it first aired in the 1970s. I had a flash back of the 6 Million Dollar Man!!

6 Million Ped Man
"Angus MacAlisdair, hunter. A man barely alive. Colonist, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Angus MacAlisdair will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."

This ends the comedic break....

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
This run was devoid of skill gains but I managed to get some good sweat and found a couple of nice items in loot. I used 2173 medium cells and got back 23.52 in loot and 3.65 peds in sweat which gave me a profit of +5.44 peds

After this run I headed to Atlas Haven for a little crafting run.
Now you might be wondering why I have been going to Atlas Havan alot lately. The answer is, a lot of my fellow Knights hang out there, so I enjoy running into them there :)

Atlas Haven, Eudoria

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 65 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 61 Generic Leather Textures, 29 Tailoring Remnants and 24 Metal remnants and got back 20 Basic Leather Extractors and 2 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 77.2

Engineering 421
Texture Engineering 244 > 245
Make Textile 185
Tailoring 66 > 69
Carpentry 48

I was about to goto sleep when I noticed that someone was on a global roll. So I soon found Joni Lord Pyre getting global after global

I watched in amazement for quite some time and the globals kept coming. So I started cheering him on and this went well into the night!

Gratz Joni!!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 143

12-23-2008
A Short but Profitable Day

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria

Today turned out to be a "work" and not a fun day. The good thing is that my work can be kinda fun too. Especially when good loot is involved!
I started my short work day at Camp Phoenix and enjoyed a skill gain of reaching level 15 in the Plasma Pistoleer (Hit) profession.

By the end of the run I had used 2056 Medium cells and 1000 light cells and came back with 41.84 peds of loot, 5.00 peds of sweat for a very nice profit of +16.28 peds :D

After this I finished up my "work" day with some crafting at Atlas Haven

Atlas Haven, Eudoria

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 45 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 29 Generic Leather Textures, 18 Tailoring Remnants and 48 Metal remnants and got back 14 Basic Leather Extractors and 2 Generic Leather. My QR went from 77.2 to 77.4

Engineering 421
Texture Engineering 245
Make Textile 185
Tailoring 69
Carpentry 48 > 49

and that was that for another simple yet profitable work day on Calypso!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 144

12-24-2008
Back to Mining on Christmas Eve

Today I took a different approach, i.e. NO WORK!! I headed to Akmuul Island and tried a new crafting session. Denim Fabric Texture! One day I am going to make myself some blue jeans

Akmuul Island, Amethera

>>Crafting Results: Denim Fabric Textures Did 24 clicks (1 Wool, 1 Second Cloth Extractor) I ended up with 230 Denim Fabric Textures, 41 Tailoring Remnants and 93 Metal remnants and got back 7 Second Cloth Extractor. My QR went from 1 to 3.2

Engineering 421 > 443
Texture Engineering 245 > 246
Make Textile 185
Tailoring 69
Carpentry 48

After this I got the urge for some mining. So I headed to Twins to find a buyer for my ores. Soon I found myself trading with Sarah.

Ores sold to Sarah in an refined state: 46.71 tt value sold for 53.47 peds or 114%

So I decided my target mining spot would be Solfais Creator. To the Eastern side.

Solfais Creator. Amethera
One of the nice claims that I found was a IX Cumbriz!

Also while I was mining I found some fruit ( 23 Papplon )

I also hit Level 7 in the Miner profession!!

Ore - - - - - V - V - III IX IV - III - - - - V - III - - V - III - - - - - - - V - - - - - - - - V - - - III - - - - V - IV 28% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a maxed out Z20 finder unamped

Ore Finds
V Belkar Stone @ 314m
V Cumbriz Stone @ 319m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 530m
IX Cumbriz Stone @ 517m
IV Cumbriz Stone @ 563m
III Lanorium Stine @ 455m
V Caldorite Stone 608m
III Caldorite Stone @ 579m
V Cumbriz Stone @ 677m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 619m
V Caldorite Stone @ 681m
V Narcanism Stine @ 470m
III Caldorite Stone @ 652m
V Narcanism Stone @ 529m
IV Cumbriz Stone @ 637m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 902
Drilling 957
Geology 875 > 894
Mining 1139 > 1187
Prospecting 1007 > 1032

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 7
Surveyor 6
Miner 6 > 7
Driller 5

and that ended a nice break from "work"

Last edited:
The Angus Logs, The EF version # 145

12-25-2008
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I often find myself relaxing to "work" Sweating, Killing, Sweating again etc...all the while I listen to internet radio stations which include, Heavy Metal from the 80s (that was a fun time to be a teen ager I can tell you that for nothing) I also like to listen to Liveireland channel for my celtic fix. Then every so oftern I switch to the comedy channels and listen to many master comics long since dead. My other guilty pleasure is watch the podcast of WineLibraryTV (I like wine :D). I find all this very relaxing while I sweat away for every 2 hour swunt session.

Today was no different. Todays music of choice, Liveireland radio :)

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
This run turned out to be a good solid run. I ended up using only 1270 medium cells and looted 12.34 peds and gathered 473 sweat or 2.36 peds worth which gave me a profit of +2.00

After this I had an itch for some more fun hunting.

Well the only good thing I can say about this run was that I got a new rank in Ranged Damage Assessment and a new rank in Alertness Aside from that the loot was terrible, so much so I cut my run short and moved on. I ended up using 2033 light cells and got back only 12.08 peds of loot :( Which gave me a loss of -8.25 peds

So now I thought it would be safer, ped wise, to go back to "work"

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
This run netted me a nice skill increase by giving me a new level. I reached level 7 in the Surveyor profession :D
I used 1407 medium cells and got back 10.09 in loot and gathered 643 sweat (3.21) all of which gave me a loss of -.77 peds. Which is almost break even :wink:

As I like to do, I went for a little crafting to finish up the day!

Atlas Haven, Eudoria

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 45 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 21 Generic Leather Textures, 28 Tailoring Remnants and 24 Metal remnants and got back 16 Basic Leather Extractors. My QR went from 77.4 to 77.5

Engineering 443
Texture Engineering 246
Make Textile 185
Tailoring 69
Carpentry 48

and thus ended Christmas Day 2008

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 146

12-27-2008
Short Work Day and a nice level increase

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
The Bleeps and Grunts of the local mobs drifted across the shallow rolling hills of Camp Phoenix only broken by the sound of meditation, sweating and the subsequent gunfire ending in a death moan. The grass was soft beneath my feet and the air was crisp and fresh.
My days of "work" was only excited by a very nice level gain. I enjoyed the feeling or larger and large green swirlies when you start getting higher level gains. In this case I reached level 22 in the Ranged Laser (Dmg) profession.

The work day ended with me using 495 medium cells and getting back 3.50 peds of loot and 1.23 peds of Sweat for a small loss of -.22 peds for the day.

It turned out to be a very short day, but sometimes these are nice too :)

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 147

12-28-2008
Its a Mining Day

Solfais Creator, Amethera
I had my eye on the prize today. I have been trying to nail down an ore belt close to Solfais. I think I about have enough data to support this idea. The problem is...its a heavily mined area. My run today was with 58 bombs and although I had no big claims I did get some more useful information.

Ore Finds - - - - - - V III III III - - - III III - - - - - - - - - - - - - - III III - III - III - - IV - IV - - - - III - - III III - - - 28% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a maxed out Z20 finder unamped

Ore Finds
V Belkar Stone @ 553m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 416m
III Belkar Stone @ 674m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 516m
V Belkar Stone @ 528m
III Belkar Stone @ 746m
III Caldorite Stone @ 681m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 554m
III Belkar Stone @ 683m
III Belkar Stone @ 416m
III Cumbriz Stone @ 490m
IV Caldorite Stone @ 524m
IV Lanorium Stone @ 432m
III Caldorite Stone @ 496m
III Caldorite Stone @ 510m
III Belkar Stone @ 473m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 902
Drilling 957
Geology 894 > 897
Mining 1187 > 1194
Prospecting 1032 > 1037

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 7
Surveyor 6
Miner 7
Driller 5

That ended this days activity. I think tomorrow is going to have to be a long day of work and fun. Until then...

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 148

12-29-2008
A Long Day

I was really looking forward to today. I had cleared my schedule of all administrative duties and was ready to get down to business! First order of the day was a Hunting run!

Now this was a great run, not only was loot great but I found 13 Nissit Stone and 36 Caroot Fruits.

At the end of the run I had used 1500 medium cells and brought in 22.04 peds of loot, 1.30 peds of stones, .36 peds of fruit for a profit of +8.70 peds :D

After this run I found myself crafting away at...

Atlas Haven, Eudoria

>>Crafting Results: Nissit Stone Textures Did 13 clicks (1 Nissit Stone, 1 Basic Stone Extractor) I ended up with 2 Nissit Stone Textures and got back 1 Basic Stone Extractor and 1 Nissit Stone. My QR went from 13.0 to 13.2

Engineering 434
Texture Engineering 246 > 247
Make Textile 185
Tailoring 69 > 70
Carpentry 48

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 50 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 23 Generic Leather Textures, 37 Tailoring Remnants and 28 Metal remnants and got back 17 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 77.5

Engineering 434
Texture Engineering 247
Make Textile 185
Tailoring 70
Carpentry 48

Next was some more serious hunting at my good old stomping grounds of...

I found that the loot was marginal this trip and as I expected I suffered a small loss. I used 3979 light cells and got back only 34.27 peds for a loss of -5.52 peds. :(

On this run I did collect alot of Animal Hide so back to...

Atlas Haven, Eudoria

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 53 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 27 Generic Leather Textures, 31 Tailoring Remnants and 44 Metal remnants and got back 15 Basic Leather Extractors and 2 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 77.5

Engineering 434
Texture Engineering 247
Make Textile 185
Tailoring 70
Carpentry 48

Back to Orthos again. I was getting reports that the Molisks were globalling so I went to see if I could capitalize on that....I didn't :mad:

But the loot was at a break even level, so along with a small profit and skill gain it was a good run in my books! I used 5000 light cells and brought in 51.26 peds of loot for a profit of +1.26 peds.

My comm went off and let me know that I had sold my 50 soft leathers at buyout in Auction. Very nice! With the break even level of loot I thought I would do a little "work" now at...

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
Loot was a little poor. The only thing that took the edge off was a decent amount of sweat. I used 1500 medium cells and got back 12.27 peds in loot and 4.22 peds in sweat for a loss of -.51 peds

Now I had a lot of Animal Hides so another crafting run was in order. But this time I went to...

Sakura City, Amethera

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 105 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 62 Generic Leather Textures, 81 Tailoring Remnants and 55 Metal remnants and got back 25 Basic Leather Extractors. My QR went from 77.5 to 77.9

Engineering 434 > 435
Texture Engineering 247 > 249
Make Textile 185
Tailoring 70 > 71
Carpentry 48

>>Crafting Results: Large Striped Cotton Textures Did 53 clicks (1 Wool, 1 Inferior Cloth Extractor) I ended up with 405 Large Striped Cotton Textures, 152 Tailoring Remnants and 337 Metal remnants and got back 28 Inferior Cloth Extractors. My QR went from 13.0 to 14.8

Engineering 435
Texture Engineering 249 > 251
Make Textile 185 > 196
Tailoring 71 > 72
Carpentry 48 > 50

At this point I felt I was not done with hunting yet. I was still getting indications that Molisks were looting well so I went back to..

Now this was what I was hoping for (well I was hoping for a global or hof but great profit is always good)
What was also nice was finding 35 Trutun Stones

I used only 4000 light cells and got back 76.98 peds in loot for a very nice profit of +36.98 peds

With this run going so well I bought 4000 more cells and went back out for more. Hopefully the global was right around the corner.

I found though that the loot was just OK. I ended up walking away with 37.87 peds of loot for a loss of -2.13 peds

and to end the day I lugged my huge amount of Animal Hides to...

Sakura City, Amethera

>>Crafting Results: Generic Leather Textures Did 120 clicks (2 Generic Leathers, 1 Basic Leather Extractor) I ended up with 63 Generic Leather Textures, 372 Tailoring Remnants and 82 Metal remnants and got back 28 Basic Leather Extractors and 1 Generic Leather. My QR stayed at 77.9 I also looted a level 2 Blausarium Texture BP

Engineering 435
Texture Engineering 251 > 253
Make Textile 196
Tailoring 72
Carpentry 50

and with that I was finally done with this very long, but fun day on Calypso!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 149

12-30-2008
A New Direction?

With the coming of the new new I have been think of ways to make my log more interesting while at the same time make it less time intensive to write.
I think the only way I can do this is cut out some of the day to day boring things and only report on special and or interesting happenings.
I will toy around with this and see what happens :)

Orthos West Mound
I ended up having a short day hunting at Orthos. I did manage to get a small profit run and I about stumbled over 99 Bombardos

I am heartened that MA has started the final bot invasion. I think this brings alot of activity and change to our sometime boring and repetitious activities. I hope beyond the invasion that more interesting things happen in our world. I know we have crysis engine coming which is great but I hope that either MA provides us with new story lines, or gives us the tools to do it ourselves. We shall see!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 150

1-1-2009
Happy New Year!!!

One thing I dont like about Orthos is the 90/10 split. What does that mean? It means 90% bad loot(losses) 10% Good loot (including less than 1% globals). Unfortunately today was in the 90% range of results. I finished a run and lost 15 ped and went back to see if anything had changed, and I found it didnt so I decided to change locations and try something new.

Rei's Defense, Amethera
This was the first time I went on a extended Longu hunt and I found it to be just like Orthos (90%) Well there is another 15 ped lost. It was neat to be hunting something different this time, but I dont think I will return until I can take the bigger ones and hopefully get better returns.
After the hunt I went ahead and crafted some Generic Leather Textures and did manage to get my QR from 77.9 to 78.2 so that was something. The QR increases are getting slower and slower, so any increase is a good thing!

Camp Phoenix, Eudoria
Back to work I go and you know what, it was the only profit of the day! I actually came out with +10 peds on this run and over 1K in sweat!

Atlas Haven, Eudoria
I finished up the day crafting Trutun Textures and managed to get the BP QR from 1.0 to 3.4

I couldn't spend as much time as I would like on Calypso today as I have house guests and I should stop ignoring them

Cya next time!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 151

1-2-2009
My First Tower

No, it's not my tower (I wish!) But more on that later. Today was a fun filled day on Calypso, with hunting, mining, crafting and even first discoveries.

Camp Pheonix, Eudoria
This swunt run turned out to have some nice benefits. First off I reach level 11 in the Grenadier (Dmg) profession and then got a new rank in Combat Reflexes. Then I stumbled on 179 Caroots (that alot of fruit in one find!), collected 1K sweat and to top it off I made a profit of +4.43 peds. Not a bad run at all

Atlas Haven, EudoriaNext I did a little crafting at Atlas and managed to raise my Generic Leather Texture BP from 78.2 to 78.3 and then did the same for my Large striped Cotton Fabric texture BP, which went from 14.8 to 15.2.

Twin Peaks, EudoriaTime to sell some ores! Soon I found Sarah buying ores and enmatters at the market and we ended up striking a 118% sale price. Not bad. With peds in hand it was time to buy some bombs and go amining.

Solfais Creator, Amethera
I enjoyed a nice little run to the east of the TP in the forestline. Biggest find was a V Caldorite at 603m. I also found Belkar, Narcanism and Cumbriz.
Since the mining was so so and there were other miners everywhere I decided to move on to another area.

On this run i hit all the areas I knew where I had found ores before. The hit rate was great at 35% but the biggest claim was only a IV Melchi water. So it was not a great mining day but it was not the worst either!

Atlas Haven, Eurodia
Curious I finally tried a Basic Sheet Metal crafting run and managed to get that BP from 1.0 to 1.6.

Camp Pheonix, Eudoria
Next I decided to g back to work and see if Camp Pheonix area was still hot. I found it still was. Firs off I found 33 Brukite Stones. then I hit level 19 BLP Sniper (Hit) profession and more notably ....

Level 24 in the Laser Sniper (Hit) profession!!

The loot was flowing very well and then out of the corner of my eye, I spied something strange. To the North past the river was an object standing proudly in the field next to the bend in the river. I found my first mining Tower!!!

Simply amazing! I cant wait until I stand before one of my own Needless to say I was shocked to find a tower so close to Camp Phoenix. I had never heard of a find like this before.
The run finish with a nice profit of +3.52 peds.

Atlas Haven, Eudoria
Back to Atlas for some more crafting. I broke out my Brukite Texture BP and managed to get it from 30.4 to 30.7. Next up was more Generic Leather Textures, This time my QR stayed at 78.3. But I did manage to get to level 2 in the Material Manufacturer profession.

That ended my day and all in all it was great solo fun!!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 152

1-3-2009
A Picture Can Tell a Thousand Tales

The following picture sums up my experiences today at Orthos...

With only a 50% return it is becoming difficult to hunt here. I will have to do some further testing, but if it doesn't get better I may end up abandoning this area. By the way I lost 19.28 peds on this run.

Twin Peaks, Eudoria
Only good thing of the day was that I sold 677 fruit for 6.77 peds...

...and thats about it

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 153

1-4-2009
A Tower, Some Sweat and a little bit of Fruit

Sweat Camp, Eudoria
For todays swunt I opted for a different venue and Swamp Camp fit the bill. I hunted Diakibas and Combibos for a while until I found a nice hill near the purple depression that was covered with Diakibas, then I hunted them exclusively. One of the nice skill gains I got was a new rank in Inflict Ranged Damage. The over all hunt netted me 657 sweat and a small loss of -.52 peds for loot. So not too bad.
I think alll in all the Snablesnot, Sabakuma, Berycled swunts net me more sweat and profit. I think I will stick to them when I swunt.

Emerald Mall, Eudoria
A little crafting run netted me a Generic Leather Texture BP increase of QR 78.3 to 78.5. I also looted a level 2 Thermodure Plastic Texture BP. Always nice to loot a BP :)

Camp Pheonix, Eudoria
Ahh back to my preferred swunting grounds! This swunt was interesting for a couple of reasons. First I found the mining tower to still be there!

and second I found a nice little bunch of Haimoros Fruit (39)

The swunt ended with 507 sweat, 39 Fruit and a little profit of +5.67 peds. Now thats more like it!

So I took a little break and then headed right back to Camp Pheonix for more Swunting!

Camp Pheonix, Eudoria
This swunt was a little more boring but was still profitable. I ended up with 1000 sweat and a profit of +2.22 in loot! After this run the crafting bug bit and I headed off to...

Atlas Haven, Eudoria
I jumped back on the Generic Leather Texture BP and clicked 37 times by was unable to raise my QR beyond 78.5.

That ended your basic kind of day on the planet Calypso

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 154

1-5-2009
My First 100 ped Feffoid Hunt (and Global!)

Fort Fury, Eudoria
In the sun there I stood, a brand new LR41 Carbine in hand and 100K Medium Cells strapped to my armor.

I scanned the horizon and spotted one lone Feffoid.
My pulse quickened, my breathing started to increase and then my legs started moving.
Right for that While and pink bastard I headed!
When just in range I brought the LR41 to bare.
The first shot rang out. It had a hollow almost tinny sound.
The feffoid jerked up and wheeled about and headed right for me.
I pulled the trigger as fast as I could, it was taking damage but not fast enough.
As it came baring down on me I squinted my eyes and..
it fell dead at my feet.
That was odd, I thought it still had half it's life left.
I then stopped and turned and looked back over my shoulder..
..and staring back down at me, impassively..WAS THE GODDAMNED TURRET!!!!
Shit!

and this is what happened tonight... and what also happened tonight was nothing short of perfect (well except for it could have been a ATH)
I was happily taking down all Feffoids. I met with little trouble, even the Warriors were not much trouble (just a little fapping )
and then I noticed a green skill message
"You have gained perception"
Hmm...someone had told me that that meant something in this area has a global or better in its back pockets (I wasn't sure if Feffoids had pockets or even pants, and I shuttered thinking where they keep their booty....booty..get it.........hmm it might smell a bit then but I'm not picky)
and what do you know...
The very next Feffoid Raider I killed

Ding Ding Ding..Clap Clap Clap!!

A 81 ped Feffoid Raider Global!!

and it was what I was actually what I was looking to loot, a H400 laser pistol!!!

I love it when a plan comes together!!

By the way this is Solo Hunting Global #11

Also on this hunt I got a new rank in Rifle, reached level 16 in the BLP Pistoleer (Hit) profession, level 21 in the Laser Pistoleer (Hit) profession and found 35 Haimoros fruit to boot! I also ended up with +39.06 peds profit

Fort Medusa, Eudoria
I cooled my jets with a little Generic Leather Texture crafting. But 85 clicks later and my QR refused to move. Looks like I need to go back to hunting.

Although this was a profitable run the only cool thing to report was getting a new rank in Weapons Handling and a profit of +10.96 peds!

As the day set on me I was happy with todays events. A nice global is always a good thing. Ill have to try these Feffoids again soon!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 155

1-6-2009
Teady Bear Island and Another H400 Global

Fort Fury, Eudoria
High off the global from yesterday I headed back out to the Feffoid fields of Fort Fury. After blazing away with 100K rounds on my LR41 I came back with a new rank in Aim and a loss of -37.38 peds of loot. Yuck!

To take my mind off the loss I hook up with some fellow Knights and made a Journey to someplace I have never seen, Teddy Bear Island!

Port Atlantis, Eudoria (Teddy Bear Island to the South)
So I met up with Collette, Malky, Apoc, Elwin, Chaos and Ladomc Gohan at Port Atlantis and started TPing South towards the island.

Once we hit the island I saw why it was called Teddy Bear Island, it was overrun with Faucerix. When I saw overrun I MEAN hundreds and hundreds of all maturitys. Over all it was great fun but the loot was poor. I did reach level 9 in the Brawler (Dmg) profession. At one point Malky was reduced to shooting his way out of a huge pile of Faucerix!

After the run I ended up in Atlas Haven for a small crafting run.

Atlas Haven, Eudoria
I ended up doing 110 clicks on Generic Leather Textures but once again my QR remained unchanged at 78.5

Fort Fury, Eudoria
So back to Fort Fury for some loot payback. What was funny was that I had just jumped on Teamspeak said hello to the Knights their and in idle conversation mentioned I was hunting back at Fort Fury looking for another H400. Soon after I uttered those words....

I got a 58 ped Feffoid Guard Global and another H400

By the way this is Solo Hunting Global #12

I also reached level 4 in the Dodger profession and walked away with +49.17 peds in profit! Very Nice :D

and that WAS a nice way to end the day!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 156

1-7-2009
A Tiny Post

Dateline:
Camp Pheonix, Eudoria

A typical run swunting with 2215 medium cells ends with reaching level 2 in the Teleporter profession, 681 bottles of sweat and a profit of +1.61 peds.

That is all...

End of Tiny Post

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 157

1-9-09
A Beacon Mission with an Uninvited Guest

So there I was running with my soc mates Apoc, Dodo, Jef, Shine, Makly, Mo, Jed and Chopper. Ours destination...

Thats right a Beacon Mission. Interestingthing about this one was that as we ran up the energy ramp a Armax followed us to the ramp and up into the ship! I have never even heard of this happening!

With the firepower we had on this mission those damn dirty bots didnt have a chance! :mad:

At the end of the mission, just as I made it to the ground before the ship blew, I looked back up at it and reveled in the loot I had come by!

Needless to say we made some good profit for the day for the Soc! That started a BM dance off!!

Twin Peaks, Eudoria
I finished the day at Twin Peaks talking with TKoC HQ Knight Jed when I noticed an old soc mate in the crowd. It was Alex sporting a new redneck dew, I guess he traded in his Apartment for a single wide trailer ;)

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 158

1-10-2009
A Little Hunt and a Little Healing

Camp Pheonix, Eudoria
Ahh the air is especially crisp today! I love mornings at Camp Pheonix.Dew covers all the grasslands and in the distance you can hear the bleeps of the snablesnots just waking up.
I took a moment and stood and wondered, what will all of this look like after the cryengine release, will it still exist? We shall see.
This morning's swunting run went very well as I ended up with 4.1 peds in sweat and 19.89 peds of loot on a 1784 medium cell run. Which netted me a profit of +6.15 peds

Port Atlantis, Sweat Camp, Eudoria
Well I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a medium heal chip. Ever since I was a uber newb I always appreciated the heals I received from the kind folks with a healing chip. So, now it was my turn to do the same for EU newest newbies.
So I headed out to sweat camp and started healing away!

Wow, it is such a great feeling to do something helpful and good for strangers. Maybe one of these guys will look at me as a positive influence on them that they will take with them into the future!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 159

1-11-2009
From Akmul to Ithica, Fort Fury to Emerald Mall to Orthos I Roam!

Akmuul Island, Amethera
With visions of mining and hunting globals in my head, I wandered out East of Akmuul Island TP. I had 5300 cells with me and a pack full of bombs. But as MA likes to do, this run ending up helping fill the loot pool. :(

The numerous Atrax and Atrox only returned 41.83 peds to me which gave me a loss of -11.12 peds for the run. Now mining I think ended up worse. I ended up with only 5 claims out of 35 bombs (that's 14% claim hit rate) and here is how it broke down.

>>Mining Results: Akmuul Island to the East
Ore - - - - III - - - - III - V - - V III - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - 14% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a Z25 finder unamped

Ore Finds
III Belkar Stone @ 429m
III Belkar Stone @ 669m
V Lysterium Stone @ 329m
V Blausarium Stone @ 552m
III Belkar Stone @ 554m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 904
Drilling 962
Geology 904
Mining 1203
Prospecting 1046

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 7
Surveyor 7
Miner 7
Driller 5

Fort Ithica, Eudoria
After I left Akmuul in mining disgust I found myself trying a new area. Atrox infested Ithica! I found the mining pretty poor here too and only managed to get 3 claims out of 15 drops (20% hit rate (at least it improved a little)) But the claim were...unimpressive to say the least!

>>Mining Results: Fort Ithica to the South
Ore - - - - - - III - III - - III - - - 20% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a Z25 finder unamped

Ore Finds
III Caldorite Stone @ 439m
III Megan Stone @ 603m
III Lysterium Stone @ 540m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 904
Drilling 962
Geology 904
Mining 1203
Prospecting 1046

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 7
Surveyor 7
Miner 7
Driller 5

Once I got back to the Fort, I had a nice pile of animal hide. So it was time to do a 110 click run on Generic Leather Textures. I ended up with 45 GLT and new rank in Texture Engineering and received a Level 3 Tantardion Texture BP. My QR went from 78.5 to 78.8

Next I did a 24 click run on Demin Textures and ended up with 409 Demin Fabric Textures and my QR went from 3.2 to 4.8

Now I found myself itching for a good hunt. I bought 9257 medium cells and readied my LR41.

Fort Fury, Eudoria
Feffoid hunting time!! I also had some bombs left over so I mined while I hunted. Hunting wise loot was good, but no H400 this time. By the time I was done I had looted 100.22 peds of goodies for a profit of +7.65 peds I also reached level 3 in the Swordmans (Hit) profession.

While hunting I stumbled apon fruit, I noticed the Feffoid eyeballing it (He must have been hungry) But alas he never got to it ;)

At one point while I was shotting up a Feff, another one came behind me and....

STARTING GIVING ME A BACKRUB!!! AND IT HURT!!!!

The little mining I did was also good. I dropped 7 bombs and found 4 decent claims (57% hit rate :eek: ) Nice!

>>Mining Results: Fort Fury
Ore VI - V VI - - IV 14% Hit Ratio Note I am now using a Z25 finder unamped

Ore Finds
VI Megan Stone @ 387m
V Cumbriz Stone @ 558m
VI Narcanism Stone @ 445m
IV Cumbriz Stone @ 559m

Current Mining Skills:
Surveying 904
Drilling 962
Geology 904
Mining 1203 > 1207
Prospecting 1046

Current Mining Levels:
Prospector 7
Surveyor 7
Miner 7
Driller 5

Heavy with another nice load of Animal Hides I headed to Emerald Lake Mall and did some more GLT crafting.

Emerald Lake Mall, Amethera
Somehow I managed to click 92 times on my Generic Leather Texture BP with 61 textures produces with no movement in my QR, it stayed at 78.8 :(

I then ran into Gohan the Great and he asked if I wanted some BP for my next give-away. Of course I did and I ended up with a BUTT LOAD of BP. Soon I will have to goto Swamp Camp and give these badboys away!

Ahh Orthos starts to redeem itself! I had a really nice run with expending 5155 cells and getting back 67.40 peds of loot for a profit of +15.85 peds :) I also got a new rank in Laser Weaponry Technology

It was a nice way to end a long day of roaming!

The Angus Logs, The EF version # 160

1-12-2009
Short Hunting day..and Hunting Global #13!!

Fort Fury, Eudoria
So I find myself back out at Fort Fury. I thought that I might see if they would cough up another H400 for me...and you know what..

They DID!!!

72 Ped Feffoid Champion Global!!!

Yup a 72 ped H400..NICE!! :D

The run ended with me using 100000 medium cells and collecting 128.76 peds of loot for a profit of +28.76 peds!

After this I decided to relax with a small swunt run.

Camp Pheonix, Eudori
This run was uneventful. I managed to collect 582 Sweat Bottles and fire off 1000 medium cells with a return of only 6.35 peds. So a small loss, but still a profit for the day! :)

Ahh now this was a nice hunting day :)

Back