Question: Where is "Mid Level" now?

I got all those skills unlocked and current HP is something like 150.6
Made me wonder when you say my avatar HP is bugged, couse i was thinking more like its a result of only focusing on few proffesions, in my case laser pistoleer/sniper, grenadier. My Hp would probably be alot higher if i skilled some melee.
It took about 1 year to get those unlocks.

At lvl 50 hit, lvl 25 evade, lvl 25 Paramedic should be 160+ hp
You been skilling wrong then... better chip out now and save yourself some pain lol .... PS buying all your skills at 200%

Sell now the sky is falling ... also offering tt+1 for all your stuff

I'd consider myself mid level at unlocking kill strike, as 80/100 is about half the work needed towards 100/100.

You been skilling wrong then... better chip out now and save yourself some pain lol .... PS buying all your skills at 200%

not sure if youre trying to be a comedian or what:scratch2:

dont change the idea of what mid-level is.. how am I ever going to reach it if you keep changing it???

In my book, a guy with 150 hp and like level 25 evader would qualify as mid level. And I consider a guy with 200 hp is medium as well, so it's pretty wide imo. This goes for hunting, as I dont care about mining.

Well, to me being uber is someone who is always online spending peds in a profession skilling it up NONSTOP like the big name players you always see hofing/globaling.

At level 61 BLP I hardly consider myself uber, since I can't keep up with their dps ie (mm, doa sh etc..) Once someone is around that level and has the "uber" gear then to me, they are "uber"

~Danimal

I am sorry but show me one person with Combat Sense, Wounding, Treatment and Avoidance that is still only on 150hp???? If this is you chip out and quit because your avatar hp is bugged to shit.

Thanks for intel. Since I meet that description, well a few HP more than 150 and 1 something level to treatment, I better stop playing and chip out immediately... :grumble:

The skill setup you mention is exactly what you get when mixing a lot of MF skilling and a bit overprotection in your hunting habits.:wise:

For hunting, these days I certainly don't think Commando makes you uber. So I guess I'd say low mid-level starts around Coolness and high mid-level ends around Kill Strike/250 HP. But I think to some extent gear is important too.

For mining I dunno. I'm about to hit Mineral Sense and I'd guess that puts me in the top 90+% of the EU population already but I'm not sure I feel mid-level really. I'm not sure it matters so much for mining, I guess as good a definition as any of mid-level is when you have the knowledge to mine and break even or profit.

For crafting, all I know is that noobs are less noob than me.

Hmm, doesn't sound right to me. I have all natural skills, L67 Laser Sniper, decent handgun skills and moderate melee and mining skills. I have 183 HP. If I had mono-skilled you can take off 8 HP from mining and at least another 10 from the junk melee and handgun skills (and the general skills gained whilst skilling those). So it'd be quite plausible for a natural monoskiller to have L67 in a primary hunting profession and 165 HP.

Last edited:
I'm guessing your referring to hit and damage levels, in that case thats absolutely insane :O. You can't even unlock quickness with natural skilling even if you max non sib weaponry? Yikes!.
I better start chipping in now then :wise:.

It is not so much the case of "cannot" but "might not", I think. You can very easily start off hunting in a way that normally, the mob is dead by the time it reaches you, or at most, hits once. A slower way of climbing the mob ladder, maybe, but also very cheap on defensive costs.

hehe, good question! =)

I'd recommend asking it from MA. they can take the total skill amount existing and divide it to the total number of players - I am sure there is an average or medium right there... :girl:

J.

Medium hunter -> unlocked Quickness
Uber hunter -> unlocked Intuition

You really mean Quickness? I'd be surprised if 1% of hunters have unlocked Quickness.

Because of the numerous proffessions, issues whether you chip or not. (personally no difference for me). How much you deposit? Health? Activity? Attributes? Evade? MA's descriptions?

It probably mostly comes down to

"Eye of the beholder"

Rgds

Ace

You really mean Quickness? I'd be surprised if 1% of hunters have unlocked Quickness.

Someone made the same remark, and I kinda agree with both of you. Probably the unlock of Commando is a better achievement to consider as the start of being a medium hunter.

Just to give some more insight in my original judgement of using Quickness as reference point of medium hunters : There were 2 reasons for it :

1) My ava is a miner, although I am shifting more and more towards crafting lately. But even when hunting is the profession I have spent the least peds in, my hunting professions have progressed so far that I could easily get to commando if I just start hunting hardcore for a few months now or if I would just sell some of my crafting skills and exchange them for the right combat skills. So Commando is not THAT hard to get in my opinion (PS : I never deposited, so I did not get my crafting skills by just buying them btw).

2) Even when someone has unlocked Commando, it will still be quite ineffective if he/she starts hunting big mobs if he/she does not have a decent Evader level. Quickness obviously directly proves a decent Evader level, and everyone who unlocks it, must have decent Hit/Dmg professions as well (unless they chipped those out).

But it just depends on what one considers as Medium I guess... If you would say, you're medium when you are better than 50% of all other hunters, then Combat Sense would probably be enough already.

I consider myself to be a lower mid-level hunter at lvl 38 Laser Pistoleer (Hit). But maybe that's not the case.

What I consider(ed) my main profession is (was) mining and I was lvl 33 Prospecting. This would make me mid-level in mining, IMO.

My question is what are the levels of noob, mid-level, high-level and uber for vehicle repairing currently? :scratch2:

I consider myself to be a lower mid-level hunter at lvl 38 Laser Pistoleer (Hit). But maybe that's not the case.

What I consider(ed) my main profession is (was) mining and I was lvl 33 Prospecting. This would make me mid-level in mining, IMO.

My question is what are the levels of noob, mid-level, high-level and uber for vehicle repairing currently? :scratch2:

The thing with mining is there is no longer any distinction between a high level miner and a mid level when considering skills. Enhancers further destroyed the line when a noob can search at the same depth as a 70 level miner if they have teh know-how and the right enhancers

For vehicles, noob=rk5. mid=rk20 maxed :)

1) My ava is a miner, although I am shifting more and more towards crafting lately. But even when hunting is the profession I have spent the least peds in, my hunting professions have progressed so far that I could easily get to commando if I just start hunting hardcore for a few months now or if I would just sell some of my crafting skills and exchange them for the right combat skills. So Commando is not THAT hard to get in my opinion (PS : I never deposited, so I did not get my crafting skills by just buying them btw).

Nothing is difficult to achieve in EU if you just cheat and buy the skills

Well, if you never deposit, you don't have the peds to buy skills. So you first need to find ways to gain peds and that search is considered as difficult by a lot of people.

you're medium when you are better than 50% of all other hunters, then Combat Sense would probably be enough already.

I think this is the exact problem with trying to judge what medium is. If you are "better" than 50% of all the hunters than you are above medium - if you are exactly 50% you are exactly medium - if you are 49% you are not medium, you are below.

So this means what kind of range can we considered using for this example. Depending on how you break it down the best definition by this example would be hunters that make up the 33%-66% field. the 33rd% being the lowest player of that percentage group and the 66th% being the highest player of that percentage group. This would technically be considered the "mid level player range" (for hunting.)

I still believe that unlocking commando puts you at mid level - but maybe that is more towards the 60% group. Medium HP, wounding, CS, and a hit/dmg prof over 50 would be a good guess at a more generalized mid level range.

Another way to think about what "mid level" actually is. Can you perform efficiently at mid level hunting? Mid level hunting would be, in my opinion, mobs with ~1500-2k hp that regen, cause a significant amount of dmg on typical armors, and have the possibility to give that 30k Uber loot.

Another way to think about what "mid level" actually is. Can you perform efficiently at mid level hunting? Mid level hunting would be, in my opinion, mobs with ~1500-2k hp that regen, cause a significant amount of dmg on typical armors, and have the possibility to give that 30k Uber loot.

So maxed Apis + Dante + (L) armor + (L) plates

I think that the 33-66% is a good view of mid-level and that likely the above setup qualifies even though it is fairly easy to achieve.

In my mind I will always be right at the bottom threshold of mid-level because my personal goals will always be evolving. My short term goals will always be what I consider 'mid-level' and my long term goals will always what I would consider 'higher mid-level.' But as I reach my short term goals, then my next set of short term goals take over as being 'mid-level' in my mind.

Hope that makes sense,
narfi

I got all those skills unlocked and current HP is something like 150.6
Made me wonder when you say my avatar HP is bugged, couse i was thinking more like its a result of only focusing on few proffesions, in my case laser pistoleer/sniper, grenadier. My Hp would probably be alot higher if i skilled some melee.
It took about 1 year to get those unlocks.

And I have played for over two, and don't have those unlocks and I have 14 points less health than you. Thats despite melee too. So I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with concentrating on just one or two close professions. Nothing is broken if you wait with melee until after you have Commando.

You can get this at pretty much any level simply by throwing peds at equipment. Mod Merc + A204 give you 60 dps at level 10 hit/damage and Shadow / Lich(L) + plates will take care of the rest.

A low level players stacking up on expensive powertools does not become midlevel. Just imho of course.

You can get this at pretty much any level simply by throwing peds at equipment. Mod Merc + A204 give you 60 dps at level 10 hit/damage and Shadow / Lich(L) + plates will take care of the rest.

A low level players stacking up on expensive powertools does not become midlevel. Just imho of course.

That is why I specified efficiently. Even with the best equip in the game you can't hunt efficiently without skills. Also I noted typical armors that means the Mid level armors. I would classify mid level armors as ~grem - Boar maybe? I think that gets my point across.

One definition could be that you are a uber the day you have no more skills to unlock,
that are related to your daily grind-professions, and maxed out all weapons/tools... :) ;)

Imo, skills are just numbers in a database, there are more things that must be met to
be classified as an uber. :)

Then dont buy guns to kill mobs because its "cheating" just use your bare hands. The stuff in game is there for a reason, it wouldnt be there otherwise. I consider it cheating when someone uses codes or an exploit to gain an advantage over other players. Everyone can buy and sell ALL items in EU, granted they have the cash. So in short its pretty ignorant to call this "cheating", just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

~Danimal

Reactions: Mac
In todays game anyone with high tiers or just the (L) things a noob can become mid level. The only thing that makes the difference between a skilled guy and a noob is its HP and how much he can evade/dodge and heal. Protection and Power can be achieved on any level really.

For me: a mid level player is someone that can go out in the fields independently and kill anything in its way. Of course there are limits.. but its a choice then if you wanna push your limits to try and survive on some hard hitting mobs.

Skills count is a thing of the past since they are worth shite and they can be achieved with missions chipping in and (L) stuff.

And mobs that were considered uber in the past can be killed by mid level players today with (L) armor and (L) guns.

Last edited:
I am sorry but show me one person with Combat Sense, Wounding, Treatment and Avoidance that is still only on 150hp???? If this is you chip out and quit because your avatar hp is bugged to shit.

lol
so you say i should sellout and quit because i was not even 150hp when i got those unlocks
(short of treatment) ??

my unlocks, chronologically :
06.10.2010 - avoidance
10.10.2010 - coolness
30.12.2010 - medicine
13.02.2011 - wounding
15.03.2011 - combat sense
10.04.2011 - 150 hp

172k skills & 166.6 HP. Still a noob as per several players. ;)

I am learning the hard way however that SOLID mid level seems to start around 175 HP. (And to think that 1.5 yrs ago 148k skills was the avg req'd for top 50 SOC position.)

Menace

Back