Question: Where is "Mid Level" now?

172k skills & 166.6 HP. Still a noob as per several players. ;)

I am learning the hard way however that SOLID mid level seems to start around 175 HP. (And to think that 1.5 yrs ago 148k skills was the avg req'd for top 50 SOC position.)

Menace

The fact that 5 Ubers continue growing like crazy men, based on their good rates of return, does not mean that you move the avatar medium level definition, it has no sense ...

Look at this bell-shaped curve: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...214139-Health-Poll-2011&highlight=health+poll
the mid level are between 145-165 HP. (That is 150 HP like always it was) Thats all

But if you been a mid level avatar, makes you happy to be called as Noob, I can call you Noob for the rest of your life, do not worry ... :D

Last edited:
So it'd be quite plausible for a natural monoskiller to have L67 in a primary hunting profession and 165 HP.

Very plausible, I hit L70 laser sniper with 167HP.

I dont see why the average skill/pro standing should have moved that much. People skill up yes, but people of all skill levels chip out, sell out, or stop playing & some fresh avatars join and stay.
To those saying mid level starts at commando, killstrike or quickness, do you really think 50% of the active EU population have unlocked these? REALLY?!
I'd say people generally hang around with others of a similar skill level, we made friends with noobs when we were noobs, we joined socs that fitted our level as we skilled up. That doesn't mean that the average level goes up with us, just that most of our associates, old & new are of a higher skill. So to some of us it may seem like the general population has raised skill levels.
Of course the gap between the highest & lowest skilled will always increase as the few hardcore keep at it, but that wont change the average hardly at all.

For the record I'm ~160k skills (chipped out most that didn't effect the following) lvl 60 Hit, 173 HP and consider myself well above average, nowhere near uber.

So in reading this thread it seems that I am still a noob hunter despite having 146 hp, lvl 49 laser sniper, wounding and avoidance unlocked, currenly listed as 16th (WTF?????) in tracker.

This make me sad. Cos I feel like I have a good understanding of the game, can efficiently hunt some reasonably tuff mobs though there are of course some I avoid because I either dont have the armour (looking at buying boar when I have some time) or for reasons of eco.

Is there perhaps some designator that is no longer noob but not really mid level. Right now noob appears to cover a huge range of ability and experience.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

So in reading this thread it seems that I am still a noob hunter despite having 146 hp, lvl 49 laser sniper, wounding and avoidance unlocked, currenly listed as 16th (WTF?????) in tracker.

This make me sad. Cos I feel like I have a good understanding of the game, can efficiently hunt some reasonably tuff mobs though there are of course some I avoid because I either dont have the armour (looking at buying boar when I have some time) or for reasons of eco.

Is there perhaps some designator that is no longer noob but not really mid level. Right now noob appears to cover a huge range of ability and experience.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

Do not worry, people are discussing here only to remove the boredom of the game. Officially, when your health points reach 150. Mindark directly and not a player, put a label when someone are scanning your avatar, and this label will say: Medium.

But if after official recognition, you want to continue being called noob, I could call you Noob, in similar way as I offered call to Menace ;) (in my previous post)

Last edited:

Regards,
KikkiJikki

You listen to the ramblings of others more than is needed, aslong as you are happy with your progression what does it matter what noob or medium is.

This game is like golf, no one else matters, your aim is to beat your own best, that is where the satisfaction comes from.

Officially, when your health points reach 150. Mindark directly and not a player, put a label when someone are scanning your avatar, and this label will say: Medium.

This is true only if you are full health. ;)

This is true only if you are full health. ;)

well is ok :D

(But that also means that if an Hydra kick ass of Star, and then his health is only 1 HP, in that moment he's just a naked newbie running between Shinkibas)

Last edited:
You listen to the ramblings of others more than is needed, aslong as you are happy with your progression what does it matter what noob or medium is.

This game is like golf, no one else matters, your aim is to beat your own best, that is where the satisfaction comes from.

Well its true that I do care what other people think. I'm insecure that way. But I am pretty happy with my progress so far.

mid level hunter should be halfway to maxxed stats on primary weapon type ( non sib ). Meaning Combat Sense.

For the record I'm ~160k skills (chipped out most that didn't effect the following) lvl 60 Hit, 173 HP and consider myself well above average, nowhere near uber.

Yup, that's pretty much it imo.

So in reading this thread it seems that I am still a noob hunter despite having 146 hp, lvl 49 laser sniper, wounding and avoidance unlocked

If you're judging it based on where you stand skill-wise in relation to other avatars, I'd say you're comfortably mid-level there.

How about dividing levels simply after where you are in your field compared to others? For example:

Top 50% - Mid level
Top 10% - Uber
Top 1% - True Uber
Top no. 1 - Dan Petrov

:silly2:

How about dividing levels simply after where you are in your field compared to others? For example:

Top 50% - Mid level
Top 10% - Uber
Top 1% - True Uber
Top no. 1 - Dan Petrov

:silly2:

WHAT!!??
Are you calling the 39% rest of us, Nubs. :laugh:

Bad math, kimmi :laugh:

But in my opinion skills are not only line that call you uber. For example Star( with ~ 530k skills )and some avatar with 500k skills. Star have best gear here, he hunt best mobs here. 500k skill avatar would get 1 hit and die from these mobs. So who is uber and who is DADDY? If you dont have RL skills and fast thinking head so i wouldnt say he is uber, even if he have 800k+ skills :laugh:

Thats my categories:

1. Dan dan Petrov ( legendary grainder and best skills and atributes ingame)
2. Damn good ubers - (Top5 socs) Like Star and other grainders who have great experience in this game and knowladge
3. Lazy semi-ubers - High skilled but doest play big role in this game.
4. Chip eaters but still high skilled mid players - dunno who
5. Mid level hunters - Also doesnt inflict ingame economy but good skilled
6. Low skilled
7. Total new players

P.S. Sry for english

Last edited:
Bad math, martinstids :laugh:

I dont have 500k skills, and star dont have ~530k skills. :silly2:

Are you calling the 39% rest of us, Nubs. :laugh:

No, he's calling the bottom 50% nubs ;)

I think mid-level should be spread around the middle really, so maybe 25%-75% or something.

No, he's calling the bottom 50% nubs ;)

I think mid-level should be spread around the middle really, so maybe 25%-75% or something.

I think the 25%-50% crowd are too low to be middle level. I'd be middle level then, and that would make for a really strange mid level.

Skills, Skills, SKills what make a uber or medium players is not just skills...

And GEAR?

Everybody forgot that?

What is a medium or uber player without a decent gear ???

What is a medium or uber player without a decent gear ???

A medium or uber player, of course.

Don't let yourself be seduced by the false sense of power coming from items.

I think the 25%-50% crowd are too low to be middle level. I'd be middle level then, and that would make for a really strange mid level.

Depends whether you define it in relation to the playerbase or not. If by 'mid' we just mean relative to other avatars, surely the player at 50% must be the centre of mid-level?

Skills, Skills, SKills what make a uber or medium players is not just skills...

And GEAR?

Well, depends a bit what you call uber. For hunters, gear could play a part sure. For miners, not so much really. For crafters, not so much really.

If you include gear, everyone with mod or imp fap is uber, anyone else is not.

I wouldn't consider myself uber by any stretch of the imagination, but buying my imp fap was the single best thing I ever bought to play this game, no question about it, worth every penny, and every time I use it I kick myself for not buying an imp or mod fap back in 2005 when i started, but back then, I didn't know what I didn't know.

It really does feel like switching god mode on sometimes. I die a lot, but its from crits that are bigger than my HP usually (currently at 164), and because it has such a huge heal, I let myself get real low trying to finish a mob before I have to fap and get cought by a cheap crit at low hp sometimes, especially when I am trying to type in soc or team chat at the same time that I should be stopping to heal. I suffer "death from typing" more that anything :laugh:

It was worth buying it just so I could heal Jessica while she kills big mobs that she wouldn't otherwise be able to do on her own, having her enjoy that thrill is what made it most worthwhile for me :ahh:

I'd feel more comfortable with that uber label going to someone else who had a lot more in depth historical and technical knowledge of the game, much higher total skills (200k+ 300K+ ? ) , and for hunter at least commando unlocked, and at least tough hp, rather than someone like me who could just afford a nice fap. Its the whole package that makes the uber avatar imo, not just some spare cash to buy some gear and chips.

Mid level, somewhere below those uber perimeters for me.

Well, depends a bit what you call uber. For hunters, gear could play a part sure. For miners, not so much really. For crafters, not so much really.

And do not forget Sleipnirs in the case of Mary Jane.. hehe..... (it was a joke :D).

As you said, equipment is not important in the case of Miners and Crafters. And in the case of Hunters they need extra peds for a good configuration. However, an Uber or a Mid-level player not only is to have 300HP or 150HP, respectively. Star or Stryker could lend their avatars to his brothers and / or friends who have never played the game, and since that time, these powerful avatars are just simple noobs or newbies ..

Then besides a great level of HP, to be an Uber or a Mid Level Player, it needed GOOD KNOWLEDGES. Finally, I think is the most important

I wouldn't consider myself uber by any stretch of the imagination, but buying my imp fap was the single best thing I ever bought to play this game, no question about it, worth every penny, and every time I use it I kick myself for not buying an imp or mod fap back in 2005 when i started, but back then, I didn't know what I didn't know.

I'd feel more comfortable with that uber label going to someone else who had a lot more in depth historical and technical knowledge of the game, much higher total skills (200k+ 300K+ ? ) , and for hunter at least commando unlocked, and at least tough hp, rather than someone like me who could just afford a nice fap. Its the whole package that makes the uber avatar imo, not just some spare cash to buy some gear and chips.

Hehe, nice humble reaction. I was wondering about you when I wrote that :D

But anyway, I wasn't saying gear should count, like the man above I'd go with skills and knowledge (and sufficient gear to make use of them). My point was, if you are counting gear, there are two items that blow everything else out of the water.

Hehe, nice humble reaction. I was wondering about you when I wrote that :D

But anyway, I wasn't saying gear should count, like the man above I'd go with skills and knowledge (and sufficient gear to make use of them). My point was, if you are counting gear, there are two items that blow everything else out of the water.

Agreed.

If anyone is what they consider mid level, and they want to progress past what's considered mid level to faster hitting or harder hitting mobs, or just play more eco, save your money and get one or the other, you won't be disappointed. I giggle a little every time I kill something with no armor and can fap faster than the incoming damage and switch fast enough back to my weapon to stay ahead of regen while I'm at it. At some point your going to have to get better armor or hire a healer because the mobs just hit too hard and fast, but up to that its just awesomesauce :) In fact, even before that, when I had much less HP, it was great because I could hit the heal button one time and be full again, that was great! No standing around watching my hp bar move slowly back to full.

Now I'm wondering what your wondering :laugh:

In short my understanding.............. uber = bank roll??? you can sign up new buy best armor best gun best fap and pretty much hunt anything (a little evade / dodge and hp helps) graz ubers you are awesome with having a good finace adviser? skills come free.....
what you have to pay for is uberness!!! no pun intended

Mid level eh... well my guess is it's above me and below Dan!! ;)

Soc top 50 good example of mid level.

Maybe it’s best to measure mid level in terms of soc ranking. Obviously there are those extremely skilled not in part of a top 50 soc, but you get the point.

I tend to measure my skill ability to those I have known for years in game, from various socs on the 50 most skilled leader board.
I’d say that for most people with a few exceptions, 5-6 years skilling provides you about 200 – 250k skills points without chipping-in. Which is a massive amount of skills if you take into account skill compression. I remember being very proud at reaching 150K skills a few years back and felt mid level then, but people all around you are skilling up too so the target is a constant moving beast.

But it’s all relative. A fairly new player will look at 50K skill gain as a massive achievement. A 200K player will always be looking at those skilled in AoW and Warrants as the target for uber.

Unlimited weapons are not a good indicator of skill base in my opinion, as need level 100 before you reach full skill on them. So being able to use most L weapons is a good example of mid level ability in my opinion.

I’m fully skilled on all the new Limited attack chips (electric IX, and all the other VIII), so consider myself as very skilled midlevel player in Mindforce. Can use Apis and LR66 no problem too, surely that is qualification of mid level...at “Incredible” profession.

But the game evolves, mobs are much harder than a few years ago, hunting in unlimited armour gives much less protection. I have to battle with a hog the same in Phantom now, then two years ago in Ghost. Whereas put on some L top end armours and can hunt nearly anything.

So going back to my original point. A good indication of high or mid level is if you arearound those skilled in the top 50 soc leader board, as I’m sure the skill base of those socs is something list this:

Socs 1 – 3 = 400k+ skill
Socs 4 – 6 = 320k – 400k+
Socs 7 – 10 = 250k – 320k
Socs 8 - 20 = 200k – 250k
Socs 21 – 50 = 180k – 200k

I think you need a soc average of 180k+ now to be in top 50 maybe, some think even higher. Lets face it most of the skilled players in game I would say are members of top most skilled 50 socs. Yes.. yes.. yes... we all know of high skilled players that are with not in top 50 socs......you get my point from an average prospective.

Message to all the low level players. Don’t be alarmed by skill count. You can probably take down Trox with 50K skill easy, skill gain will come. What’s more it has been a long road for all of us. Hard core skilling for 6 years has not been easy, those on 200k+ skill earned it “big time”. So if you are prepared to work at it, one day you will have 200k skill too.

Make your own targets be proud of your unlocks, making it to that level 20 unlock, level 30 unlock etc. Be happy with your own achievements in game, and ultimately enjoy your time online.

Rick.

I still stand by my statement that I believe uber is relative to the average level of the profession you are in, rather than a general umbrella term that can be equally applied to anyone :)

Using health is unfair to for example MindForce users as myself, as Melee users gain health very quickly while a MF user gains barely any of it... However, using a mix of professional levels and attribute(s) related to the profession would be better (as I also believe you need real experience to count as a real uber, not just bought skills) :)

Something like:
Ranged Hunter - Agility, Professional Levels
Melee Hunter - Agility, Strength, Professional Levels
MindForcer - Psyche, (Intelligence), Professional Levels
Crafter - Intelligence, Professional Levels
Miner - Intelligence, Professional Levels

My classifications for hunting players are based on Health:

Low level: 88-125
Lower-mid level: 126-149
Middle level: 150-165
Upper middle level: 166-199
Semi uber: 200-249
Uber: 250-299
MegaUber: 300+

Edit: As stated above by NightHawk, the term "uber" is relative to your game play. For example, no matter how high in powerfist or Mindforce you got, I wouldn't consider you "uber" unless you leveled up enough other skills to raise your health to what I consider to be "uber". Closed minded and biased? Very much so :D

Back