Question: Where is "Mid Level" now?

Low level: 88-125
Lower-mid level: 126-149
Middle level: 150-165
Upper middle level: 166-199
Semi uber: 200-249
Uber: 250-299
MegaUber: 300+

I think this is a pretty logical look at it, I have considered myself 'lower mid level' for a while and fit into that range.
At that HP range you can put on (L) armor and (L) gun and do a majority of the mobs in the game either solo or in team. (leaving some uber mobs alone)

(At 150hp(or lower) you can put on a set of Spartacus+Plates and solo a 7500hp mob that deals 180dmg per hit.)

I am about to tick over 154hp, but still have a few pro levels till I get anything into the 50s which is the line I have drawn for myself before I think I can consider myself as 'Mid-Level' Maybe this is illogical though, because I dont see any guns I will start using around lvl 50 that I am not using already. For the next many many MANY pro levels the only affect that skilling will have on me will be the slow hp growth that comes with it unless something drasticly changes with the eco/mu value of higher dps sib guns, which we are starting to see with Arkadia weapons, so it is possible that I may still have something to look forward to.

narfi

I really don’t think skill numbers alone determine what grade of player you are. I have seen newcomers dumb shit loads of cash into entropia, chipping 200K skill in one go and buying high end gear their first few weeks. In my eyes they are still noobs. I also know a few players with less then impressive skill numbers that I still view as ultra veteran ubers simply because they are knowledgeable and play their part well.

My classifications for hunting players are based on Health:

Low level: 88-125
Lower-mid level: 126-149
Middle level: 150-165
Upper middle level: 166-199
Semi uber: 200-249
Uber: 250-299
MegaUber: 300+

Edit: As stated above by NightHawk, the term "uber" is relative to your game play. For example, no matter how high in powerfist or Mindforce you got, I wouldn't consider you "uber" unless you leveled up enough other skills to raise your health to what I consider to be "uber". Closed minded and biased? Very much so :D

Being at 145.x hp (still), I can't really say I see myself as lower-middle level, more like upper-low level. Also, there is a very big difference between 88 hp and 100 hp, at least with the mobs you hunt then. So more like:

Beginner: 88-100 hp
Low level: 100-125 hp
Upper low level: 125-xxx hp ?

This is subjective of course to some extent, but also practical - at the levels you start to survive any hit (including crits) from certain classes of mobs.

Oh, and as far as powerfist goes ... A serious powerfist user would have at least as much health as a sword / kinfe / club user and possibly more.

Edit: As stated above by NightHawk, the term "uber" is relative to your game play. For example, no matter how high in powerfist or Mindforce you got, I wouldn't consider you "uber" unless you leveled up enough other skills to raise your health to what I consider to be "uber". Closed minded and biased? Very much so :D

How about splitting it into "General Uber" and "Specialized Uber" then? :silly2: Because health only really is a very bad way of measuring.

Checking health gain for different (Hit) professions:
Electro Kinetic (Hit) - 3 skills, 2 attributes
Laser Sniper (Hit) - 10 skills, 1 attribute
Knife Fighter (Hit) - 9 skills, 2 attributes

What is the percentage of active playersfor each of the following categories: noob, medium-low, medium, medium-high and uber. Assuming that the categories in hunting are the following:

Name
Min lvl
Max lvl
%
Noob
?
Medium-low
?
Medium
?
Medium-high
?
Uber
101+
?

Besides, what would the cost of chipinng from zero to peak in each category?

Last edited:
IMO .... if u do missions then your a noob . (cheating) like chipping in , im all natural all hardcore skilled with ul guns and trox runs. Im medeum and i got here by the skin of my teeth.(took since 2006)Raww.

now im thinking to start missions.

What is the percentage of active playersfor each of the following categories: noob, medium-low, medium, medium-high and uber. Assuming that the categories in hunting are the following:

NameMin lvlMax lvl%
Noob25~20%
Medium-low2650~50%
Medium5175~25%
Medium-high76100~5%
Uber101101+<1%

My guess added.

For hunters, I think it should be based on evader/dodger and HP. I'm not sure how much, but I would consider someone with level 25 evader and 150 hp as mid level.

I would say:

0-60k Noob
60-100k Beginner
100-150k Low level
150-200k Med level
200-300k High level
300-400k low Uber
400-500k Med Uber
500-600k High Uber
600-700k Low Elite
700k-800k Med Elite
800k-900k High Elite
1000k+ GOD

Name
Min lvl
Max lvl
%
Noob
?
Medium-low
?
Medium
?
Medium-high
?
Uber
101+
?

My guess added.

What are the numbers in the Min and Max level columns? Agility? Hp? profession level? Evade?

What are the numbers in the Min and Max level columns? Agility? Hp? profession level? Evade?

Level in any of the professions related to hunting. Also you could do a similar question about HP, Agility or Evader.

Last edited:

Good question hehe, I assumed max hunting profession level. HP wasn't really possible, Agility I don't see as much of an indicator of anything in that it does very little and has had very different levels of ease of acquisition over the years, for Evader the first two bands would cover 99%+ of the population.

At 139 HP currently, I have unlocked

-Coolness
-Avoidance
-Medicine

Wounding is less than 1 level away (44 dmg atm), and CS is 30% left to unlock. I too, will have unlocked all of these without 150hp.

Guess I should sell out too according to Teiwaz :tiphat:

lol
so you say i should sellout and quit because i was not even 150hp when i got those unlocks
(short of treatment) ??

my unlocks, chronologically :
06.10.2010 - avoidance
10.10.2010 - coolness
30.12.2010 - medicine
13.02.2011 - wounding
15.03.2011 - combat sense
10.04.2011 - 150 hp

At 139 HP currently, I have unlocked

-Coolness
-Avoidance
-Medicine

Wounding is less than 1 level away (44 dmg atm), and CS is 30% left to unlock. I too, will have unlocked all of these without 150hp.

Guess I should sell out too according to Teiwaz :tiphat:

It was not Teiwaz who said you should sell, out, Teiwaz quite correctly laughed at that notion.

I have ~ 145.7 hp and ~ 46 laser hit / 42 laser damage / 22 evader / 21 paramedic. Of course, I also have 4.3K natural powerfist and ~3K natural longblades skill. It very much depends on the paths you take.

I find it interesting that Mid level is being defined by skills of the community at present. On day 1 would you have defined uber level as profession level 1? health 88? Because everybody was. I doubt it. Low, Mid, High & Uber for me are defined by your ability to consume the content of the game.

I would like to hear from experienced community members on where the lines are in the sand from a content perspective. If you can solo "x" you are mid level, if you can solo "y" you are high level. The only reason in most games for levels is to define the content you are experiencing. So what content do I gain access to at level 70 that I don't have access to at level 40? This is what gives value to levels beyond being a status symbol. Also at what point do skills become an indulgent waste and it's time to start chipping out the increases?

I find it interesting that Mid level is being defined by skills of the community at present. On day 1 would you have defined uber level as profession level 1? health 88? Because everybody was. I doubt it. Low, Mid, High & Uber for me are defined by your ability to consume the content of the game.

I would like to hear from experienced community members on where the lines are in the sand from a content perspective. If you can solo "x" you are mid level, if you can solo "y" you are high level. The only reason in most games for levels is to define the content you are experiencing. So what content do I gain access to at level 70 that I don't have access to at level 40? This is what gives value to levels beyond being a status symbol. Also at what point do skills become an indulgent waste and it's time to start chipping out the increases?

Equipment has a big impact on the content you experience. Skills have more of an impact on the content you can experience economically.

Mid level seems to be about 10 more levels away everytime i think i have gotten there :)

Have a feeling that 175 HP is the center of being medium hunter.

Where it starts? Hard to tell, it depends, on many things
Before that your definitely not a noob any more, your almost there... but not quite yet
After that, if it's all gained naturally, your someone who knows few things about his/her business - that's what i consider confident medium level

150 HP, sry that's too easy now, the brave new age of iron missions

Holy smokes... I see some pretty demanding requirements for mid lvl here! :scratch2:

In that case, here is my idea.

less than 800,000 skills = Noob

800,000 - 1,500,000 skills = Mid lvl

1,500,000 - 2,500,000 skills - Semi uber

2,500,000+ skills = Uber

Skills have more of an impact on the content you can experience economically.

and that is the point , and also what MA have said " your mid level when you can kill a trox guard(economicaly) " perhaps is a better interpretation than " your mid level when you can kill a trox guard ." ??

edit: so i suppose avoidance is key , its all about not getting hit too much.

Last edited:
imo 250 hp medium player :)

Then i'm still a noob after over 6 years of skilling naturally...no way to really get to uber naturally?

Then i'm still a noob after over 6 years of skilling naturally...no way to really get to uber naturally?

with your speed maybe not

and that is the point , and also what MA have said " your mid level when you can kill a trox guard(economicaly) " perhaps is a better interpretation than " your mid level when you can kill a trox guard ." ??

Kim said that. I'm not sure I agree, and it seems very many don't.

Back