Question: Who bought FPC?

My prediction:

Same shit, different management team.

I'm having a hard time picturing what could be more controversial than certain avatars profiting from insider information like the recent events at NI...

Controversy :scratch2:

Well maybe Marco actually likes to cross dress and found a guy who does same they got married and he sold FPC to him? nah that sounds too normal in this day and age :)

EU was bought by FBI to investigate us all :laugh: nah doesn't sound very interesting ...

nah can't come up with anything thats really controversial perhaps they just don't want to say because thats what fpc do, say nothing? and hope no one notices anything. Thats what they've done with everything else in the past, so just continuing the tradition of being completely useless. Seems to me fpc couldn't care less what we think ...

hang on perhaps the new owner is an ex convict and on the run from the police. Guess that would be kinda controversial? would give a whole lot of new meaning to bad returns :laugh:

• yes, entity = organization buying rights to Calypso, but not necessarily a history with gaming
  • location = culture other than European with a different style of business

I got it!

The North Korean Government?!? :eyecrazy:

we've been sold to WikiLeaks!
:laugh:

That doesn't sound good :/

i'd take it as a given. any company with a history in gaming would by all normal business be a developer. why would a developer want to buy a planet that they cant develop, beholden to MA for everything? it funny people mention most the likes of Blizzard, Sony, NC Soft in this thread, they could develop a similar platform if they were interested, or they'd buy the whole of Mindark up, not muck about with a planet.

i'd take it as a given. any company with a history in gaming would by all normal business be a developer. why would a developer want to buy a planet that they cant develop, beholden to MA for everything? it funny people mention most the likes of Blizzard, Sony, NC Soft in this thread, they could develop a similar platform if they were interested, or they'd buy the whole of Mindark up, not muck about with a planet.

So what do we have to go on so far then:

* a non-European organisation

* an organisation with no history in gaming

* an organisation with a different style of management to FPC and presumably that of MindArk

* an organisation whose ownership of FPC is likely provoke controversy amongst the current EU community

* assumption: if new FPC owner is likely to provoke controversy that could suggest it is a well-known organisation and internationally well known (because we have a multi-national community)

Last edited:

Exactly... Very good point here.

I think it would be cool if Blizzard bought out Mindark though :cool:

Hmm not fun to read. Gues how bought it will be even more gready. I just dislike all the differant people owning a peace of this game. I would be more happy if just 1 company would own this game.

has any one thought maybe its facebook who bought the rights to fpc lmao

zynga would not be one since they create video games
like farmville and other such game that slowly decay ur brain (MA should looked into brain decay before armor decay more cash that way :D )

but i think its be face book lol

:mad::mad:

Ok, time to engage you guys in some critical thinking, as well as put it out there who the potential suspect is, and why, because the name came up in another thread like this one more than once, and I think everyone just basically glossed over it because perhaps they couldn't fathom this company as the buyer, I don't know. However, I went in search of some information after reading the original thread and got it, so this is what I can share so far ...

The company is ... SEE Virtual Worlds ... and this is why:

• it was mentioned more than once in the first thread about who bought rights to Calypso
  • so this isn't confidential information, nor the name of the person posting the information
  • the content of the posts by this person raised my curiosity big time, so I investigated
  • I wanted to know if this person was on staff at SEE, because I was shootin' for an exclusive
  • EP had already done an exclusive interview with Martin Biallas (CEO) from SEE last year
  • I was trying to make a new connection for a follow-up interview
  • this person is not on staff at SEE, but connected to the management team
  • this person does not play EU, but interest in EU and the community is investment only
  • this person checked to see what could be shared and was advised to wait for the press releases
  • he said to contact Martin directly with regard to an interview because he was approachable
  • also gave me the name of someone else if Martin wasn't available
  • this is all I can share of what this person gave me, but ...
Here is my own critical thinking, and why it makes sense ...

• originally, SEE contracted with ND Studios in 2008 to build planets
  • I knew 3 months ago there was a stir in Hollywood
  • SEE dropped ND Studios and removed that announcement from their website
  • SEE now lists FPC as a "Partner" at their website
  • SEE may not have a gaming history, but ...
  • if they bought rights to Calypso (FPC), then they have a built-in development staff
  • many future planets from SEE have been revealed, but no new planet builder
  • if SEE bought the Calypso rights, they are not an FPC competitor
  • SEE is US-based
  • one question would be ... who are the investors
  • and another question is ... would this cause controversy if it is SEE?
I'd like to know what your thoughts are please.

Hmm not fun to read. Gues how bought it will be even more gready. I just dislike all the differant people owning a peace of this game. I would be more happy if just 1 company would own this game.

Same thing here.
I'm afraid of planet partners and I don't like it to be honest.
I could easily live with FPC team since we all know that they are in fact MA's people but now that Calypso is sold, I'm very afraid.
Who knows what kind of corrupted person with more cash than brain and his bunch of friends in mini skirt with inside info will rules our beloved Calypso?

Me think that MA should not have let "planet partners" get into Entropia. Neverdie and the others will not bring any new participants anyway. They only want to suck the actual Calypso citizens to their new worlds because it's the easy way.
MindArk alone would have attracted as much media attention. It's Entropia and new planets that attract attention and not the planet partners as far as I know.

That's what I think about it.

Given that MA have adopted the planet partner model its good that FPC is being sold as it makes for a more level playing field. However given SEEs plans to launch other worlds I would have preferred some other company as I want to see more competition, not less. I also have some doubts about SEEs vision for the future. MichaelJacksonWorld just seems harebrained. Have difficulty working out how activities for that world fit into the entropia universe.

In what way does it matter's hwo own's FPC?

I thought that MndArk is the supplier of no lot and off decay. If See, ND or china is owner, who cares?
I wont stop playing.... I wont stop depositing. If Calypso is as it is now, whith new mob's comming every now and then, New event and same players that i love.... Why bother who gain from it? New owner=new game??? No, same game, just that another developer. And... if we look at forum realy hard, thats not a bad ide is it?
MA do this, MA do that, MA fix, MA........ Now can MA concentrate on what they shall do, and planetpartners do what they shall do... Lure us all in to their planet.
Game is on, and if they want me to play at their place.... Make it playable for me then. Were i play is were i loose my dollars, and they get it. If i don't play at calypso anymore... they wont get my ped.

Interesting,
We may SEE big changes occur for the better,
You SEE it is all in the eye of the beholder that things come about. :yup:

Given that MA have adopted the planet partner model its good that FPC is being sold as it makes for a more level playing field. However given SEEs plans to launch other worlds I would have preferred some other company as I want to see more competition, not less. I also have some doubts about SEEs vision for the future. MichaelJacksonWorld just seems harebrained. Have difficulty working out how activities for that world fit into the entropia universe.

I can certainly understand your thinking, especially since many wanted the universe to somehow connect with storyline, but, David Simmonds concluded his interview in the Sep issue of the EntropiaTimes by saying ...
"To build a truly diverse universe that can cater for all ages, countries and personal preferences, we must
allow our Partners to build and cater to their preferred sector of Internet users. All content is checked
before implementation by MindArk, and we have strict rules and regulations our Planet Partners must
follow with regard to certain sensitive areas and content.

Another announcement in the next few weeks will I’m sure make some Calypso residents question the
direction of Entropia Universe, but our vision of a universe for all people from all walks of life must
allow an enormous diversity of content. If you do not like the theme or game play of a particular planet,
then just don’t go there!

Some people seem to want to stick to a sci-fi theme throughout the universe! How boring! Open your
mind and see the possibilities of what this universe can offer."
I think we have an interesting future to look forward to.

All content is checked
before implementation by MindArk, and we have strict rules and regulations our Planet Partners must
follow with regard to certain sensitive areas and content.

Cetain exceptions have been made as in the case of Neverdie though
He seems to have slipped through our fingers recently in the past with a conflict of interest looming :silly2:

David Simmonds was off sick that day and has a doctors certificate to prove it wasn't his fault

Cetain exceptions have been made as in the case of Neverdie though
He seems to have slipped through our fingers recently in the past with a conflict of interest looming :silly2:

David Simmonds was off sick that day and has a doctors certificate to prove it wasn't his fault

You are such a whacko ... but I luv ya! :silly2:

SEE is the obvious choice from the existing roster of companies.

They need a studio and people to build the planet, CKI already have 60 working for them and from what I've seen on their website are well into production and ND Studios don't have the cash plus Jon could never help stop himself from announcing it.

Whoever it is, when the official announcement is made it will finally get it out of the way and we can move forward.

Provided the people in charge of Calypso don't change then I can't really see SEE coming in and changing everything. At most they may push for cheaper game play to get people from the more social side.

Quoting from John K. Bates interview from Dec Entropia Times
The growth of what is called Social Games (like Farmville on Facebook) is also silly to ignore.

lets face thats where the big money is right now. How EU evolves from that is another matter as the hardware requirements for those type of games is a lot less than EU. Next Island are certainly look to players from that genre to come to EU as David Post has said their looking for Farmville players who want a step-up.

nicked from Entropia Times again cos really handy for quotes.
“MindArk is very excited that Next Island is now close to launch. With new ideas, content and game-play, this should be a completely new experience to the casual gaming audience, which Next Island is aiming to attract with their upcoming marketing campaigns.”
to do that would need a massive restructuring of the existing economy unless their expecting casual gamers to spend like mad to catch us up.

Last edited:
i certainly hope its not SEE. i have little faith they could do any better than FPC in marketing and with no experience in gaming it would potentially be a backward step. even ND has some experience. SEE as a brand is very poor, go search for it. you have to know the full and now unwieldy name "SEE global entertainment" to actually find them. and im sure i read one of their exhibitions went bust or got cancelled due to disinterest/lack of marketing. (diffcult to find the source... see point about searching). their own site suggests they've done nothing for 2 years - did anyone see or hear of the Star Trek tour? - and little for 5 years before that. how would they develop a little known brand for a virtual worlds, when their apparent expertise is to take an established brand and make a physical museum tour? its rather the opposite isnt it?

thankfully, i think SEE is just a guess from connecting dots to create a picture that isnt there. great rendered logo though.

The SEE website sucks bigtime - big "woohoo", hardly content...

But hey, i don't really care, pretty much everything would be an improvement...

but then again: Planet Michael? C'mon, guys - are you serious? :banghead:
Ever heard of "quality content"? What are we supposed to do there?

Killing roadies with the improved Moonwalk (L)?
Throwing platinum records at La Toya clones?
And in mining, we dig up childhood memories?

And we need to see all the silly HoF spamming chat on Calypso?

Is uncreativity the new black?
Your awesome new idea is yet another Popstar/(wannabe) Rockstar/Buffy the vampire slayer/Fantastic 4/Spiderman/Barbie/Mickey Mouse skinned version of Calypso?

The first "partner" coming up with a better idea will earn my eternal gratefulness...
Gotta stop now, need to keep an eye on my blood pressure... or wait:
How about Planet Elvis? But i want 10% for that awesome and totally fresh idea!

The first "partner" coming up with a better idea will earn my eternal gratefulness...
Gotta stop now, need to keep an eye on my blood pressure... or wait:
How about Planet Elvis? But i want 10% for that awesome and totally fresh idea!

I'll see your 10% and raise you 5% for me...

Planet Pelvis
All naked humanoid mobs, all the time...

No guns allowed on the Planet Pelvis, you subdue mobs by throwing wadded up dollar bills at them. :smoke:

Of course, you'll never get any loot from them. :lolup:

When they attack you, they crush your ego until you are unconscious, then they drag you to their lair where they procede to strip you down, take all your gear, and drain your <ahem> ped card.

:wtg:

When all is said and done, you log off feeling curiously satisfied...

Just as long as it aint EA games... Im willing to let someone else have a shot.. At least we have options now to get away from the stupidity. (in most cases)

HURRY UP OZI!!!!!! Save us all!!!

BP
I'd put my 2 pecs on British Petroleum
Why:wise:
Simply to improve thier drilling /extraction skills:tongue2:

Back