Question: Who bought FPC?

its unlikely, they were letting developers go and last I heard was Microsoft had put a bid in to buy them.

I don't think I would mind having Microsoft own us... At least they would have the resources to improve the game far beyond the rate that it is now.

i doubt its a big company because 6 million is nothing for a company like microsoft or blizzard to come up with. who ever is buying has been paying in installments correct?

i doubt its a big company because 6 million is nothing for a company like microsoft or blizzard to come up with. who ever is buying has been paying in installments correct?

Correct ... installments over time through June of 2011.

Yeah. They would just buy Mindark if anything (I was referring to it being awesome if Microsoft bought Mindark) :)

To be honest, I don't believe there was any sale at all, rather than a mere on-paper split with 2 goals: 1) PR: an additional mention in media is always good, especially when it sparkles with 7-digits sums; 2) Dissolution of liability: MA used to refer to "internal communication failures" in any case of problems and now it's not even "internal", since FPC can blame MA for any issues and MA can send back to FPC.

Your initial question weren't exactly clear about which globals and HoF's you wanted gone in that thread :rolleyes:
To separate our planets globals would be worth a great deal to us, its certainly something we want and we have requested such a feature.

Regarding the sale, there will be a press-release when its finished. Until then I am not able to give any information.

its unlikely, they were letting developers go and last I heard was Microsoft had put a bid in to buy them.

First part is correct, but it wasn't mostly developers, all Linden Lab departments cut back on staff. The second part is just a hoax. :D There are many others reasons why Linden Lab wouldn't buy FPC or any other planet, IMO.

Your initial question weren't exactly clear about which globals and HoF's you wanted gone in that thread :rolleyes:
To separate our planets globals would be worth a great deal to us, its certainly something we want and we have requested such a feature.

Regarding the sale, there will be a press-release when its finished. Until then I am not able to give any information.

I'm amazed that speculation and requests to Planet Calypso to talk gets infitive more attention then this response from Hanne.

I'm glad to hear that you also want seperated Planet Globals and I hope that MindArk will listen.

Regarding the sale : in what stage are you? Can the deal be cancelled or not? And what are the plans of the buyer(s) for the future of Planet Calypso? Can you say anything about that?

:):confused::)

Just a heads up ... that there is breaking news if you know where to look! :)

Just a heads up ... that there is breaking news if you know where to look! :)

Love the artwork, Martin & Marco, all we need is a third for the three stooges concept to work :laugh:

Oh that was nasty, but it did make me laugh ;)

So its not a management buyout .. its a management buyout with a twist.

Care to share a link? I'm not really good at investigating.

Pretty much what we've suspected for a while then.

Nice find, probly the new company will own and develope the First planet Calypso and develope the new planets for SEE. SEE probaly thought that the best thing to do was too hire the people who had the best experience with EU to also help them develope their planets.

I've been doing some more critical thinking, and since I was told by my source that there would be more controversy, I've been straining the purple matter to figure out what was meant by this, as no specific details were given, and I can't really see that there is controversy just because FPC and SEE joined forces, so ... this is what I came up with ...

I actually envision PCF going through yet more changes, and perhaps that's what was meant when it was said that there will be more controversy, and that it relates to the forum more than anything else since the information I received came right on the heels of the EF database sale to FPC. I can see PCF restructuring to accommodate everything SEE, with Calypso as one of the planets under their umbrella, and perhaps becoming a sub-forum, rather than a whole forum. It just makes sense, because ...

• regardless of those who don't believe it 100% yet - FPC & SEE joined forces, and ...
  • I can't envision SEE creating a whole new forum for SEE planets when they own the rights to Calypso
  • why pay $6 million USD for the rights just in name and not actively do anything about it
  • PCF has THE largest membership of any forum, and it would be beneficial for SEE to utilize this to their advantage
  • everything in one place with access to the collective community to share development information
  • maybe this was the plan all along when the deal was made to sell the EF database
  • this is speculation, but ... I'm guessing that 711 knew all about it, and the EF database sale was prep work
I love critical thinking, and I know there are those who argue against my musings, but ... I'm going to reserve the right to come back and say ... I told you so. However ... if I'm wrong, then I will be a big girl and say so.

I think the only aspects that might bring controversy would be :
  • If calypso is overflowing with ads for the other planets (and just one might be overflowing for some folks)
  • If the other planets intrude into Calypso, so its a chimera of what we know and the other SEE properties
  • If the other SEE planets are within the Calypso planetary system, so there are lower fees for moving between those and calypso, much like FOMA/CP, compared to moving to other planets.

For those of you still doubting that SEE and FPC have joined forces and that it's just speculation ... the Admin at EP just updated our front page article on this to include that RAZER and Tass at EP have further uncovered the following information:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Los-Angeles/see-virtual-world-calypso-llc/45494701.aspx

Incorporated by, See Virtual World Calypso, LLC is located at 1801 Century Park E Ste 1520 Los Angeles, CA 90067. See Virtual World Calypso, LLC was incorporated on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 in the State of CA and is currently active. Jay S Kenoff represents See Virtual World Calypso, LLC as their registered agent.

I've been doing some more critical thinking.

Critical Thinking
See Dr. Jack Mezirow:)

Comment.
Empowerment of the forum seems to have per 'Bush and Folger'.... gone beyond "restoration to individuals of a sense of their own value" ;)

Is it just me, or was SEE the one that had a better profit sharing agreement with MA than the other planets?

if so, the merger could be for the best.

Back