Wii controller for EU?

update: found my bluetooth dongle installing now and hoping its compatible :)

well its too old so ordered a new one, arriving tommorrow :)

nice man, you think it'll work?

yo ive got an I O Gear GBU311 do you happen to know what is compatabel and whats not? if so is the unit stated above compatabel with the nintendo wii mote ;)

Great idea :D

Hmm... Maybee I should hook my PS controller and try something alike... And of course, the 80 inch screen (projector, not expensive lcd :p) :D

working on the guide while I wait for my new bluetooth dongle to arrive.

wii can hardly wait.

sorry, i couldn't resist. :p

meanwhile, i am trying to hook my dog up to a treadmill and am finagling a few squeeky toys that will resonate certain frequencies to make him complete various tasks for me in eu... i will have to hardwire a bluetooth dongle into his doggie brain, but i am fairly sure it is fairly easy to do...

nah, not really, just wanted to see if you technogoobs would read that far if i typed something.

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS MOFOS!!! :yay:

dongle arrived update 2nite or 2moro

Last edited:
I can't make it pair either. Also can't find a blue tooth service on the Wiimote.

Helpful Info:
http://www.wiili.org/Wiimote#Communication

When connecting the Wiimote you will need to hold down the 1+2 buttons until you see the blinking blue lights. You will need to do this 2-3 times for everytime you want to connect the Wiimote to blue tooth. Not all dongles are compatible with the Wiimote.

By the way.. For anyone who might think that MA would be against this idea.. Using a Wiimote vs a mouse is not a big deal and cannot be controlled or monitored by MA. A Wiimote is a hardware device that still requires actual movement to use unlike a software autoclicker. You might actually find it harder to use a Wiimote than a mouse if you have bad coordination. It is an over glorified mouse in a sense. Regardless it is not against the EULA to use a Wiimote.

If you have a Wiimote and are able to make it connect then you might want to try WiinRemote from here:
http://onakasuita.org/wii/index-e.html

Once you have a working system let us know.

Thanks,

Malin

im using this USB adaptor

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/92032/

I can get to the pairing and get past using "skip pairing" but couldnt get the connect Wii controller to actually send anyhting

I've also tried using these bluetooth drivers
BlueSoleil Bluetooth drivers

but I cannot find how to change the 'bluetooth stack' to these after I've installed the default WIDComm drivers that came with the dongle

todays web searching will be on that :)

and this is the best control software for the wii mote on pc

GlovePie

it support movemnts, IR, nunchuck, speaker and even rumble ;)

WinRemote knows the wiimote is there but doesnt recieve any data :(

trying out the toshiba stack today

Last edited:
wooohooo ... finally got it setup using the Belkin F8T012uk and downloading the most recent drivers from the Belkin support site :)

Tested using wiiremote and glovepie BOTH work perfectly,

next step, sensor bar & IR input and then onto the mappings for EU :)

wooohooo ... finally got it setup using the Belkin F8T012uk and downloading the most recent drivers from the Belkin support site :)

Tested using wiiremote and glovepie BOTH work perfectly,

next step, sensor bar & IR input and then onto the mappings for EU :)

Fukking sweet :D

I really have no idea how to do this as Im pretty green when it comes to tech stuff really. So how much would you charge to come here and fix it for me? :laugh:

damn cool :)

so if the motion sensors all work then how long untill we have a long debate on auto-swingers ;) lolz :D

I think the IR sensor bar method would allow better control, motion sensor is good but its not quite as accurate as IR

glovePIE actually comes with scripts / configs for almost all FPS shooters and some fun toys like mappings for Google Earth , ace for testing :)

Last edited:
just wanted to point out that on a TV the clarity BLOWS unless it's an HDTV.

I often hook my computer up to my big screen (to watch movies)... it blows for gaming compared to hooking it up to my LCD HDTV. But.. what's the point.. I have a 25" monitor... and a 27" HDTV....

you are right strike, this might be hard to play EU with wii gamepad, we can have dreams tho

you are right strike, this might be hard to play EU with wii gamepad, we can have dreams tho

if u can play call of duty 3 or red steel on wii then EU will be no different ;)

this might depends on Monitor you have, some can't handle Wii controler, thats what i meant

this might depends on Monitor you have, some can't handle Wii controler, thats what i meant

oh ok

the IR mode part works from the sensor bar not ur tv / monitor
the motion mode needs nothing else than the wiimote, tried it at lunchtime worked in eu but not to well :|

I might go buy a Wiimote now... lolz

I really want to try this. :)

Keep testing and if it works, i think I will get it too

well I got things working enuf to be able to run about in 3rd person turning using wiimote or nunchuck joystick thot about having a nunchuch 'throw down' action to drop some bombs

1st person view crappy right now I need to work out the sensitivity as eu seems to use the raw data and im no expert in GlovePIE scripts

I did work out that this is the code to use WSAD on the nunchuck

D = 1 > Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyX > 0.5
A = -1 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyX < -0.5
S = 1 > Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyY > 0.5
W = -1 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyY < -0.5

more to follow when I get better at the scripting, but it really looks quite possible to use it (was able to run from CP TP to the TT machine buy stuff run back to the TP and TP out :)

looking forward to getting the 1st person view working for a walk round New Oxford :)

I know of one other person who has the wiimote working has anyone else had any luck? I need help refining the scrips !

Looks very cool :)

But i have a question (i never used the wii), why do you need the nunchuck add-on? isn't the wiimote enough?

Looks very cool :)

But i have a question (i never used the wii), why do you need the nunchuck add-on? isn't the wiimote enough?

you can use the arrow keys on the wiimote to move about, i already own a nunchuck so want to use it :)

but yea would work ok but tricky moving remote around to look and pressing buttons to move about

Ok it's clear in my mind now, thx ;)
Following closely the threads, i sometimes play on my LCD TV Samsung, it's like playing on a monitor but bigger, very nice graphics, but the mouse and keyboard... hard to be in front of the TV and use that lol

Back