Wii controller for EU?

Sorry, but I have not really been on the forums lately at all to read any of these posts or threads. But someone in EU referred me to this problem as I've been using a wiimote and glovePIE ever since i grabbed one off of ebay back in '07 for general games.

I use the nunchuck for movement, but of course, if you are to use both wii controllers while on hunting for instance, you might have to setup a new hunting shortcut bar as you cant rely on wiimote to access to 12 items :D

The whole "seasoned glovePIE use" has shown quite a few tricks to me. Such as, you're able to make multiple key combinations. For TF2 my weapons aren't mapped directly to up down left and right but I use Z+up and Z+down and Z+Left, and so on. With this method, you're able to map to the directional keys and the directional keys+button. It doesn't have to be all by the directional keys either, you can make any combination. Holding a button and using the accelerometer could be interesting as it would not activate without that button being held.

btw HVM are selling wireless sensor bars @£10

HMV.com: games: Wireless Sensor Bar (2007)

I've never been one to buy things... even this wiimote was rare, figured if I ever needed one someone would have one I could borrow for a couple years or decades. However, I have found taped down remote buttons for dvd players or tv sets to work just as good. Often setting two small candles on the dash of my computer do well too at such short range.

If anyone needs help with scripting a GlovePIE script, you can refer to the wiili community forums as the diy community can always use more members and traffic :D.

Currently, I use a ps3 controller for EU because I like the double joysticks and triggers:).

the motion sensor on that feels more accurate than the wii's accelerometer as I use it to turn my avatar while moving forward with the X button. I use it like a car game controller and x accelerates forward while the motion sensor turns my avatar by linking the motion sensor to the mouse x axis in a pre-determined scope.

on the note of neat things, in glovePie, try using var.mode to set separate values to different key sets. For the ps3 controllers, I have the start button linked to space and also linked to switch between mouse and fps mode. It allows me to use the motion sensor to turn my avatar(control my mouse) only in mouselook then it changes the var.mode to to know it's in mouse. However, when I press start again, then the motion sensor is disabled because the mode changes and I am able to operate a different set of keys, IE have a joystick as my mouse rather than my whole weird weapon and item switching equipping stuff.

yup thats the plan :) altho im unsure how it will work since I dont plan on using 3rd person (i dont often play that way!)
With head tracking, you can use it for the mouselook, however it wouldn't work too well with an fps because you're not necessarily moving your camera with head tracking, you're eyes up and down physically not looking. A wrap around screen would look a lot sexier than head tracking in fps. Plus if you try to track the move forward with moving forward in game, then you'll run out of space real soon trying to walk in any fps :O...

Last edited:
Did anyone get this ok'd with MA?

rofl, how you gonna do an autoclicker with the wii ?

quite often use my ps3 contoller on my pc, but never tried it with EU, Wii controler would be way cooler but

Hate to say this as it's really a sick idea, but i'm almost 100% sure it's against the eula... to map the keys it has to interfere with EU as far as i understand, in no defferent a manner than an autoclicker for example. Nothing is there to stop someone from making it into an autoclicker as well with a macro.

Bump

So anyone using this and can you map the tilt to steer the new cars?

Would be neat to know, I might try setting it up myself then.

Bump

So anyone using this and can you map the tilt to steer the new cars?

Would be neat to know, I might try setting it up myself then.

Hmm i have a controller and i also got a full wii controler kinda like for an xbox but it's for the wii! :D I Hope it works if he can!

Back