Wii controller for EU?

I often hook my computer up to my big screen (to watch movies)... it blows for gaming compared to hooking it up to my LCD HDTV. But.. what's the point.. I have a 25" monitor... and a 27" HDTV....

some women would tell you 2 inches is a very big difference... :laugh:

Just for the record..

Blinding_Light: What do you think of Entropia Universe's players trying to use the Nintendo Wii remotes to play EU with?
Frank_MindArk: We love technology

Has anyone tried using a x-box controller my works decent minus some sensitivity issues as well.

after some research it seems way more simple than i'd hoped.

I plan to setup like this

nunchuk - analog stick for movment (mapped to WSAD keys)
- 1st button for FAP
- 2nd button for weapon

wiimote - movement for looking around
- trigger button for weapon or second weapon
- top button for talk in TS

I'll create a guide when im done, Ive found all the drivers / scripts to get it running :)

just need to drag my ass off wii sports long enuf to try lol

LOL nice work !!! +rep !:wtg:

Havent heard from Kygon so this is what Ive been using in Glovepie:

// Mouse Control via Nunchuk (Normal speed)

if (-1.2 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyY < -0.5) {
Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY - 6;
}
if (0.5 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyY < 1.2) {
Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY + 6;
}
if (-1.2 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyX < -0.5) {
Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX - 6;
}
if (0.5 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyX < 1.2) {
Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX + 6;
}

// Mouse Control via Nunchuk (Hold down plus for fast cursor speed)

if Wiimote1.Plus = True

if (-1.2 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyY < -0.5) {
Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY - 14;
}
if (0.5 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyY < 1.2) {
Mouse.DirectInputY = Mouse.DirectInputY + 14;
}
if (-1.2 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyX < -0.5) {
Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX - 14;
}
if (0.5 < Wiimote1.Nunchuk.JoyX < 1.2) {
Mouse.DirectInputX = Mouse.DirectInputX + 14;
}
end if

// Keypad

Key.Left = Wiimote1.Left
Key.Right = Wiimote1.Right
Key.Up = Wiimote1.Up
Key.Down = Wiimote1.Down

// Wiimote settings

Mouse.LeftButton = Wiimote1.A
Mouse.RightButton = Wiimote1.B

Mouse.WheelUp = Wiimote1.One
Mouse.WheelDown = Wiimote1.Two

// Rumble setting (If you lose the Wiimote then listen for the sound)

Wiimote1.Rumble = CTRL

// Blinking Lights (Are cool)

if true then
Wiimote1.Leds = 1
wait 200ms
Wiimote1.Leds = 1+2
wait 75ms
Wiimote1.Leds = 2
wait 200ms
Wiimote1.Leds = 2+4
wait 75ms
Wiimote1.Leds = 4
wait 200ms
Wiimote1.Leds = 4+8
wait 75ms
Wiimote1.Leds = 8
wait 200ms
Wiimote1.Leds = 8+1
wait 75ms
end if

You can obviously add in new settings or change these. Its kind of hard to take this as a serious alternative without an IR device to compliment the Bluetooth.

Only problem Im having currently is having to set up the Wiimote every time I want to use it.

1. My Bluetooth places
2. Bluetooth setup wizard
3. (choice 2) I want to find a specific Bluetooth device and configure how this computer will use its services.
4. Hold down 1+2 on the Wiimote and the blue leds will start blinking. Continually push 1+2 on the Wiimote through the whole process after this point.
5. Make sure "show all devices" is chosen in the drop down box.
6. Click on the "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01" icon and click next.
7. Click skip for the pairing option.
8. Click on the box beside "Human Interface Device" and click finish.

This is what I go through every time I want to use the remote if it become disconnected somehow. Although most of the time it does stay connected for a few hours at least.

Hope you all find this helpful.

You can obviously add in new settings or change these. Its kind of hard to take this as a serious alternative without an IR device to compliment the Bluetooth.

Only problem Im having currently is having to set up the Wiimote every time I want to use it.

cool thanks for the input, Ive been kinda busy IRL at the moment and yes I agree that the IR sensor is required, building one soon as I pop down to maplin to get the LEDs :)

If you build one with relative ease then please tell me how as I have no clue :)

Looked around a few stores to just buy one and no luck.

kygon, I have the same bluetooth adaptor the F8t012uk and it pairs with the wwimote just like you say but then I load Wiinremote or Glove PIE and the nothing. It does not do a thing. You got any ideas?
Cheers
AMC

Just want to say it is a great :yay:

I'm wating for my bleutooth addaper and then I wil start to modify it. Hope I wont get many problems whit conecting my wii remote to my pc :)

I havent setup using your codes yet, but i will.

But heres how it goes with the codes im using. As you can see on the movie i was using one hand to film with the mobile so i could only use either the Wiimote or the Nunchuck with the other hand :laugh:.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mXqyQ-0L28[/YOUTUBE]

Well Ive been trying to get mine to work.. I think my blue tooth adapter hates me!

it is the ultra small one from geeks.com and has the broadcom 2045 chipset. I can get the wii remote to ruble and the player leds to change but i cant get any information from it.

spent 2 hours trying to get the drivers to work, im tempted to buy a new adapter at this point...

but for my wii controller I have a gun attachment thing so it will be like shooting a real gun :)

I have bought a wireless sensor bar, and i must say, it really makes the difference.

When i shot that movie i had to twist the wiimote to turn instead of the usual tilt movement you use on wiimotes, because without a IR source guiding your wiimote tilts dont work.

Now i can tilt normally as i do playing on my wii :)

I have bought a wireless sensor bar, and i must say, it really makes the difference.

When i shot that movie i had to twist the wiimote to turn instead of the usual tilt movement you use on wiimotes, because without a IR source guiding your wiimote tilts dont work.

Now i can tilt normally as i do playing on my wii :)

yea the bar really makes it work well :)

I cant get my current windows install to work with my BlueTooth adapter so this has gone on hold for me.

I'm glad someone else is using it, and the bump reminded me to get back at it lol

btw if you get a configuration that works well post the script here :)

Use the Wii stuff for weapons items, gestures, etc.

For movement? DDR pad! LOL

AG

I use the nunchuck for movement, but of course, if you are to use both wii controllers while on hunting for instance, you might have to setup a new hunting shortcut bar as you cant rely on wiimote to access to 12 items :D

nice initiative and the video looks like you have a very intuitive control mechanism

nice initiative and the video looks like you have a very intuitive control mechanism

Oh it is quite better now with the sense bar, i will shoot a new video one of these days, but my comp crashes while playing in full screen now, and on window mode you guys wont be able to see much. :(

This is good stuff, I've been following this thread since it came out...

I forgot to mention, in LA, at E for All, the MA staff had made a mention of this while on a break... they all thought it was a great initative... If I recall, David said it was 'bloody smart'.

Obviously, MA is never going to 'support' use of the WII controller, but it would surely be nice if they did start supporting other forms of interaction...

~Red

This is good stuff, I've been following this thread since it came out...

I forgot to mention, in LA, at E for All, the MA staff had made a mention of this while on a break... they all thought it was a great initative... If I recall, David said it was 'bloody smart'.

Obviously, MA is never going to 'support' use of the WII controller, but it would surely be nice if they did start supporting other forms of interaction...

~Red

due to crippling RSI im working on this again, it would be nice if MA could support me in this by helping out a little even via support cases.

my biggest problem is that when using the IR mouse setting EU seems to be many many times more sensitive than windows, regardless I'm dedicating more time to this since it will actually allow me to play pain free ;)

btw im working on head tracking too :)

I could suggest using this

http://www.48katmos.freeuk.com/protek.htm

Using any industry standard joystick where you can map keyboard keys to movement of the joystick along with other keys weapons, fap etc.

Then I would use the sensor bar as shown in this ...

http://gizmodo.com/337068/wii-headtracking-creates-3d-window-display

mapped to the toggle camera view for 3D mapped to a similar style mouse controller unit that you can program with X & Y axis movement along with mouse wheel in and out movement ... keeping in mind, you would have to set the max mouse wheel in to -1 so as not to go into first person view, unless you wanted it to ofc with relation to distance you are away from the monitor.

... Have a look at some of the other controllers available from the links at the bottom of the programmable joystick controller. There maybe something you can use there. Sorry a little tired right now to dig up a suitable controller interface to use for the mouse controls at this time.

~ Sparkz

Last edited:
Back