***WoF '08*** Info & Rules

Checked the most important WoF threads again just to be sure. Didn't find any information about duration of each stage I'm afraid.

Thanks for the info ;) Changed our WoF thread from 2 to 3 hours.

Checked the most important WoF threads again just to be sure. Didn't find any information about duration of each stage I'm afraid.

Thanks for the info ;) Changed our WoF thread from 2 to 3 hours.

Sorry if this wasn't mentioned anywhere clearly;

Each Hunt in the WoF will last 3 hours.

Thanks,

Hurrikane

I believe i am about to make a complete idiot out of myself, but i have to ask, besides the obvious ability cram the win down everyone else's throats, what is the prize for winning this super awesome event?:confused:

glory and fame ......

The prize for winning the WoF is indeed Glory and Fame.... thank you Major P.

As the WoF is run without using the MindArk Event system in-game and is policed and scored by avatars alone, it remains a bootleg event where the only prize is that of telling the world who's boss when it comes to hunting in EU.

MindArk did intervene and generously award Winners Jackets last year but thus far no repeat offer has been mentioned or made. I think it falls to all involved to make this Tournament something that cannot be ignored..... with the growth of the WoF and the birth of a real in-game sporting event, the rewards for taking part can only increase.

Hurrikane

Rule Added:

Please note, this will be the only change to the Rules as far as I can see.

The initial post has been updated with details of the Susan 113 Smith Bonus.

Hurrikane

Great job, the 'Susan' bonus was a nice touch
Thanks

Rule Added:

Please note, this will be the only change to the Rules as far as I can see.

The initial post has been updated with details of the Susan 113 Smith Bonus.

Hurrikane

Very nice...thanks Hurr!

If we get an ATH worth 113K, can we just be declared the WOF champions? :)

nevermind...my question was answered.

Last edited:
When will the timeslots be posted? Getting pretty close, we need to start planning..

(Or if I'm an idiot and missed them can someone point me towards them? :))

I PM'd hurrikane with our preferences from those choices.. I assume we would then hear which one we were assigned. :dunno:

I PM'd hurrikane with our preferences from those choices.. I assume we would then hear which one we were assigned. :dunno:

Hi, I am in the process of sorting out the time-slots, I will be able to confirm them to all teams on Jan 30th. Thanks for your quick reply.

Hurrikane

Hi, I am in the process of sorting out the time-slots, I will be able to confirm them to all teams on Jan 30th. Thanks for your quick reply.

Hurrikane

any updates concerning the time slots?

Do members of support teams have to be present at the start and the end of the hunts?

Do members of support teams have to be present at the start and the end of the hunts?

As far as I am aware, no they do not. Only the Main team of 4 (all 4 of them) have to be at the start, and be at the start at the end :)

Stage 2 Confirmed TimeSlots:

Saturday February 16th:

11:00..... Italy, Australia

16:00..... Finland, Greece, Switzerland, Germany, Switzerland, Wales, South Africa, Amethera

21:00..... Tibet, America, Canada, Norway, Serbia, Denmark, Brazil, Belgium

Sunday February 17th :

01:00..... No Applications

12:00..... Austria, England

Still to Confirm:
Netherlands, Eudoria, Cuba, Ireland, Czech Republic, Estonia, Sweden, France, Portugal, Poland and Turkey.

All Teams Not Confirmed

please get on the case and PM me before the end of Friday.... or you will be given any slot that is free!

Stage 2 Start/Finish Point:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Co-Ords: Eudoria 22055, 11101, 61

It's the Outpost in the desert south of Pandora.... a lovely spot to gather before a multinational massacre:)

See you there:)

Hurrikane

where is scotland in that list?

FULLY AMENDED!

Stage 2 Confirmed TimeSlots:

Saturday February 16th:

11:00..... Italy, Australia, Eudoria, Sweden

16:00..... Finland, Greece, Scotland, Germany, Switzerland, Wales, South Africa, Amethera, Romania

21:00..... Tibet, America, Canada, Norway, Serbia, Denmark, Brazil, Belgium, Netherlands, France

Sunday February 17th :

01:00..... No Applications

12:00..... Austria, England, Portugal, Cuba

Still to Confirm:
Ireland, Czech Republic, Estonia, Poland , and Turkey.

All Teams Not Confirmed

please get on the case and PM me before the end of Friday.... or you will be given any slot that is free!

Stage 2 Start/Finish Point:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Co-Ords: Eudoria 20602, 13538

It's the Outpost in the desert south of Pandora.... a lovely spot to gather before a multinational massacre:)

See you there:)

Hurrikane

What happens now..?

Greetings!

I am curious how advancement works now that we are 1 hunt into stage 3.

There are 3 hunts in a round robin format. Do the top 2 from each group advance? are scores cumulative for the duration of WOF now?

Please enlighten me and thanks in advance!

Greetings!

I am curious how advancement works now that we are 1 hunt into stage 3.

There are 3 hunts in a round robin format. Do the top 2 from each group advance? are scores cumulative for the duration of WOF now?

Please enlighten me and thanks in advance!

Yes, the top two from each group advance. The scores are cumulative for each stage (so each group works like a league in Amethera Assault, the teams with the top two cumulative scores in each group qualify for the next round, at which point scores begin from 0 again).

Yes, the top two from each group advance. The scores are cumulative for each stage (so each group works like a league in Amethera Assault, the teams with the top two cumulative scores in each group qualify for the next round, at which point scores begin from 0 again).

Thank you, Sir! I was expecting that was the case but wanted to be certain.

*bump* so I don't have to keep searching...

(starts to cry)

Oh man, no way I'm strong enough to join. I'm not past mentorship yet! Is there any place in the game I can watch? Like the screens at a sporting event? I wanna watch the fun! ;.; (starts bawling)

Oh man, no way I'm strong enough to join. I'm not past mentorship yet! Is there any place in the game I can watch? Like the screens at a sporting event? I wanna watch the fun! ;.; (starts bawling)

Of course you can join! Everone can join a support team!

Back