Coloring System, by Sarah

Bear with me I'm just working on an image with a line drawn down to try and see the difference easier ;)

Now added the other picture to my post

3) 400 cans of dark blue

colouringeg3.jpg

200+100=400?

It appears as if these are going to be extremely uncommon. I believe that the lower-end paint cans are still going to continue dropping like they do, they will most likely stay at around 105 - 110%. These color enhancers are going to be rather nice to use with Dark Blue, etc, though.

I have yet to loot another one, but we'll see what happens. One question, did anyone loot one of these using less than 100 cans?

It appears as if these are going to be extremely uncommon. I believe that the lower-end paint cans are still going to continue dropping like they do, they will most likely stay at around 105 - 110%. These color enhancers are going to be rather nice to use with Dark Blue, etc, though.

I have yet to loot another one, but we'll see what happens. One question, did anyone loot one of these using less than 100 cans?

Uncommon But more common than black paint that say a lot about how its going to effect prices.

I burned up 3k paint yesterday in pretty big clicks and gone none of those so its probably rareish

Well I for one am certainly happy about the pigment enhancer!
I thought everything was lost when I heard about it was needed 300 cans per field.

Unfortunally for me, I pushed all my hard collected paint into auction. :( I managed to save the black, white and dark blue paints on the arrival of this info (thank you sarah!!), but unfortunally my 10 red was allready lost to some lucky buyer..

Very interesting thread, thanks for all the info :thumbup:

I know how you are feeling. There are several people out there whom have gathered white, or black paint in storage for future coloration. The fact that the Black paint can increased its TT Value with three times the regular amount also caused us to loose a lot of paint cans, which basically rendered them useless due to the higher amount required when coloring.

I suppose Mindark wanted to start over, in a way. I understand the situation for everyone who had high-end paint cans gathered, but I also see how this is a great improvement for the general population, and all of the colorers out there.

yes that happened to me :/ from 40 cans of red I got 19 now... well.. loss of peds for me and many others, but lets hope it will be easier to colour from now on and rare colors will drop a lot.

So.. the conclusion looking at the above is that 300 cans + 2 pigment enhancers improves the COS more than using 350 cans total and so on.

What is the tt value of the pigment enhancers?

Could it be that adding xx tt value of pigment enhancer is the same as adding the equivalent tt value of paint?

yes that happened to me :/ from 40 cans of red I got 19 now... well.. loss of peds for me and many others, but lets hope it will be easier to colour from now on and rare colors will drop a lot.

Please read the latest findings about the color enhancer pigment. I'm almost positive that these paint cans did not loose their value at all, but that is yet to see.

What is the tt value of the pigment enhancers?

Could it be that adding xx tt value of pigment enhancer is the same as adding the equivalent tt value of paint?

It looks like the TT Value is 1 Pec, just as the Orange paint can. It is an interesting theory you have there though, it'll for sure be fun to see if it's true or not.

It looks like the TT Value is 1 Pec, just as the Orange paint can. It is an interesting theory you have there though, it'll for sure be fun to see if it's true or not.

Wow, only 1 pec tt value?

If that is the case, look at Nadie's comparison pics. Adding 2 pigment enhancers (tt value of 2 pec), moves the cos bar more than adding 50 cans of dark blue paint (tt value of 1000 pecs).

Pigment enhancers would then have a very high value...

An experiment one could do then, to figure out the exact value of pigment enhancers, would be to see how much tt value of a higher tt value paint it takes for max cos, then add 1 pigment enhancer, then remove paint until you see how much tt value of paint plus the pigment enhancer it then takes for the same max cos.

So, for example, if 2000 pecs of paint + 1 pigment enhancer = 3000 pecs of paint, one pigment enhancer would have a value of 1000 pec (100000%). Higher when you consider you can use it in lieu of paints with high markup...

Here is my promised Brown test skill info.

I notice this mini updatre makes my skill rank look lower :-( the bar is not as high as it was yesterday that maked me pretty upset when I saw it today * cry *

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Please read the latest findings about the color enhancer pigment. I'm almost positive that these paint cans did not loose their value at all, but that is yet to see.

didnt read all the thread but ty for letting me know, hope they wont lose their value indeed, but who knows, we can only wait :)

Thanks for sharing the info! :)

I would love to get a hold of a couple of these Color Enhancers. It appears to me as if they don't do much difference to the chance of success at all.

I have looted two of them already, and they don't change my CoS in any way, they don't even increase the result with the same amount as two cans.

It's nice to see an improvement in the coloring system.

Perhaps more improvements will come in other professions soon.

I will be saving those paint cans in storage for later because I will soon need to color my clothes again. It's a shame not to take advantage of the improvements in graphics that MA did, now that paint cans have such a high drop rate!

Gl Sarah with your service!

A.

I just looted another Basic Pigment Enhancer, still no difference. It appears as if they only affect colors which are yet to be maxed, although, you have the required level for.

This is really bad news. But these are only "Basic" Enhancers, so we'll see.

I did lotsa click yesterday , and still havent get one other.
It seems to be very rare to get one.
The only i had , was with 150 paint on pink.
with what people get enchancer ?

Pigment enhancer.

The name can't be chosen at random, or Ma could have called it "bottle of beer".

That would lead one to the reasonable expectation that it does what it's name suggests, in one way or another.
Enhances your Pigment.
Now, if it enhances the saturation, that's pointless, as you already can chose what level of saturation you get.
The only option left that makes any sense is that it improves the COS.

However, considering that it is valued at 1pec per unit, you would not expect much of a difference when using 1 pec of enhancer would you? I would not anyway.
If not maxed on a paint, but above the recommended level, it takes up to 1000 tins to get max COS, for some paints thats an awful lot oof peds of paint, even at TT value. (umbre 130 peds a field!!)
Perhaps you can reduce the number of paint tins, and put in the number of enhancers equal to the number of tins you took out. (Because it's cheaper to use 10 1pec enhancers than 10 7pec tins, even if the enhancer sells for 500%, and the paint can be got for TT).

We shall see, but i suspect we wont find out what the enhancers actually do until someone manages to get several hundred of them in a stack.

Pigment enhancer.

The name can't be chosen at random, or Ma could have called it "bottle of beer".

That would lead one to the reasonable expectation that it does what it's name suggests, in one way or another.
Enhances your Pigment.
Now, if it enhances the saturation, that's pointless, as you already can chose what level of saturation you get.
The only option left that makes any sense is that it improves the COS.

However, considering that it is valued at 1pec per unit, you would not expect much of a difference when using 1 pec of enhancer would you? I would not anyway.
If not maxed on a paint, but above the recommended level, it takes up to 1000 tins to get max COS, for some paints thats an awful lot oof peds of paint, even at TT value. (umbre 130 peds a field!!)
Perhaps you can reduce the number of paint tins, and put in the number of enhancers equal to the number of tins you took out. (Because it's cheaper to use 10 1pec enhancers than 10 7pec tins, even if the enhancer sells for 500%, and the paint can be got for TT).

We shall see, but i suspect we wont find out what the enhancers actually do until someone manages to get several hundred of them in a stack.

It appears as if they increase the CoS for Avatars who have yet to max a color, but have entered the SIB period. This means that these Avatars will be able to use less than 1000 cans, if they also put in Enhancers.

They will however not be able to color with a CoS on 100% with less than 300 cans, and this also means that the Enhancers do not affect the outcome of maxed colors. Or I would have seen a difference, one pixel or not, when attempting to see the difference with 1 Orange can, 4 Orange cans, and 1 Orange can + 3 Enhancers.

nice Basic Pigment Enhancer. I think we need many investigation's on this one. I'm following this tread close :)

And some what about the drop rate of paint? Does the high colors drop more now?

Very nice tread + rep for that

New Colorators have been introduced
The old colorators were removed from the terminal this Version Update, and several new colorators have been introduced. One of these is the Ziplex Fashion Line Colorator. There's no bad news regarding this however, as the new colorator has a lowered decay rate.

The (L) Colorator has a decay rate of 0.5 Pec instead of 2 Pec, which means that it's actually better than the old version which was found in the Trade Terminal.

The old Colorator tool has a decay of 1 pec not 2 pec, if you buy the new L Colorator for something over 200% it`s actually worse than the old Colorator.

The old Colorator tool has a decay of 1 pec not 2 pec, if you buy the new L Colorator for something over 200% it`s actually worse than the old Colorator.

Sorry, it's correct that the old Colorator has a decay rate of 1.0 Pec. The new (L) Colorators are however very cheap to manufacture, and they usually end up costing a lot less than 200%. (Thanks for reminding me though, +Rep)

I would however say that the high TT Value is a great advantage, even if you were to pay 220% for the Colorator itself. The decay rate is low enough not to have any economical impact. Especially now when the decay rate has been lowered on the bleacher with close to 10 Pec.

Last edited:
I did lotsa click yesterday , and still havent get one other.
It seems to be very rare to get one.
The only i had , was with 150 paint on pink.
with what people get enchancer ?

Got two of them yesterday while clicking large amounts (around 200) of brown and Violet cream in all three fields. Did get some nice skillgains as well... :)

I have just been doing some quick sums on cost of paint per field per click using the auction daily price as a basis and rounding up to the nearest ped. It certainly is quite frightening!

I realise that some colours should now drop a lot more and the price drop but if I was colouring today and buying off the auction (not on buyout) the price for 300 cans to get 100% COS on 1 field =

Orange - 4 ped
Yellow - 21 ped
Blue - 78 ped
Olive - 149 ped
Steel Blue - 124 ped
Green - 28 ped
Purple - 44 ped
Brown - 23 ped
Turquoise - 63 ped
Navy - no paint on me to check
Violet Cream - 38 ped
Pink - 37 ped
Light Green - 43 ped
Mauve - 118 ped
Umber (330 cans for me to have full COS) - 79 ped
Deep Cadmium (1k cans and I don't have full COS) - 170 ped

So if someone wants me to colour 3 fields of an item Mauve the cost today will be 354 ped using the full COS and that's just for the paint.

It will be interesting to compare these prices in a week or two.

Apologies if any of these are wrong... maths was always my worst subject :laugh:

I have just been doing some quick sums on cost of paint per field per click using the auction daily price as a basis and rounding up to the nearest ped. It certainly is quite frightening!

I realise that some colours should now drop a lot more and the price drop but if I was colouring today and buying off the auction (not on buyout) the price for 300 cans to get 100% COS on 1 field =

Orange - 4 ped
Yellow - 21 ped
Blue - 78 ped
Olive - 149 ped
Steel Blue - 124 ped
Green - 28 ped
Purple - 44 ped
Brown - 23 ped
Turquoise - 63 ped
Navy - no paint on me to check
Violet Cream - 38 ped
Pink - 37 ped
Light Green - 43 ped
Mauve - 118 ped
Umber (330 cans for me to have full COS) - 79 ped
Deep Cadmium (1k cans and I don't have full COS) - 170 ped

So if someone wants me to colour 3 fields of an item Mauve the cost today will be 354 ped using the full COS and that's just for the paint.

It will be interesting to compare these prices in a week or two.

Apologies if any of these are wrong... maths was always my worst subject :laugh:

You did forget the 90% TT back :)
Also , i havent done the math , but i dont think there a point to use the 300 can.
I think 150 is enought.
Maybe som math people can write for fumula to find the best number of cans :)

Got two of them yesterday while clicking large amounts (around 200) of brown and Violet cream in all three fields. Did get some nice skillgains as well... :)

Sorry If I missed the info before, but havnt seen it.

I was just wondering, if I just where out to start Skilling in coloring, what
would probably be the best way now? Before (only done tiny skilling!) I used
1 can of orange each try. How you ppl think would be the best way to start
skilling right now (The lowest cost possible for skilling, not acctually colour anything).
Thanx for answers, and +rep for a great post with lots of info =)

Back