Increased Creature Diversity

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
16 May 2008

For a long time, creatures in Entropia Universe have been created from a generic template. To realize the original Calypso vision of creature diversity and distinctiveness, we have in VU 9.2 and the upcoming VU 9.3 rebalanced certain creatures' characteristics (meaning that certain characteristics have been increased, while others have been decreased). These adjustments have added a further dimension to determining the behavior, traits and threat level of creatures.

Loots have naturally been adjusted to reflect the new characteristics.

Originally Posted Here

Hmm, what did you say :laugh:
More and faster regenerating HP? Like ambu/allo in last update?

Last edited:
Great :)

So the change of ambus and allos were just the beginning. :yay:

No more no loots but 1 pec loots on every kill with more HP and faster regeneration on mobs just like on spiders and ambuls for example ? :rolleyes:

Please please please MA don't squeze even more bucks out of our pockets, I am already sick of hunting Snables, exars and daikibas 90% of my time .. :ahh:

Hmmmmm .... so soon all mobs will have loot ... and over 2k life ... :confused:

or they will just agro from twice the actual distance ?

I bet the next mobs are argo and feff :D

I knew this would happen...and I actually welcome it :wtg: ...as long as loot really IS adjusted to fit the health/threat level after the change.

More HPs to other species ?:scratch2:

Probably also mob attack frequency on certain mobs changed too - like how Aurlis after the last VU started to inflict more successful criticals when hunting them.

Prepare for greater aggro range!!

AG

Cool Ma !

Wow, this is a great news, MA you really are on the good way!

We were so used to the current mobs that we knew most them by heart, we knew what weapon/armor/FAP to carry when hunting them and so on, it was so easy...

In next VU we will simply loose a bit more knowledge, and will go a few step back again to the newcomer level. Entropedia will be obsolete a few days or weeks. I am sure that this great change was requested by many players and of course only a very little fools will say that this was designed to increase again and again their decay. :D

Is there a chance that some of the mobs will actually have slower regen / health (especially noob mobs for newbies) ?

This will be a nice surprise instead of everything just going up.

Nerftime!!!! :yay:

Ok.. Me must be the retard.. simple minded.. ...
... but now I totaly lost the shape of MA's masterplan.

How screwing up hunting more and more comes to CE2 or planets or wtf?

Oh how much fun!!

This will be fun...and interesting.

This could very well explain why hunting loot has been a little slow lately...

hmmmm i wonder if there will be new things to discover in the loot...OMG i feel the flu coming on the week of the VU just to try to be on to see all the changes...

Way to go MA...WOOHOO!!

This is a VERY good change. What MA is doing is justifying the concept of upgrading your gear in order to be more efficient with your hunting. The fixes started with stopping people from putting big amps on Opalos. The next step was making small armors decay more, and big armors decay less. With this step, they are making it worthwhile to have high damage per second weapons, since high regen can affect hunting returns just as much as the eco stats on the equipment.

What you get from these changes is more security for your investments. Whereas people before were saying "what's the point in upgrading my gear?", now it just makes sense to try and go bigger. No more stingy people in gremlin with an Opalo plugging away all day at spiders and getting 80k ATHs with Eon armor parts and such in them. MA is trying to put those loots in the hands of those that deserve them; those who invested in expensive gear to hunt those mobs. Don't be surprised if your ghost armor doesn't work so well on Aurli and Hogglo in the near future...

(The only problem with this, though, is that if less people can hunt the mobs, less money will be put into their "loot pool". This is why MA needs to take the next step and cap small mob HoFs and spill loot over into other bigger mobs to justify the effort it takes to hunt them)

:twocents: I'm looking forward to these changes. :yay: I hope MindArk have done something -- anything -- to change the characteristics of the Respesilex. This little lump of nothing could really use a make-over, and maybe some decent loot.

I love the new allo's they are so much better to hunt now than before. The overall loot has not changed at all. Sure the faster regen is an issue, but its more the fact i have to wait longer for reviving than before due to the "so called" exploit by pressing t.

My guess is that Armax get the increased HP treatment next!

Lets not make fast conclusions people ;) There might be some good in it... at least I hope so :)

I think this is good also. Look at how popular Ambu + Esto are now. Scip are similar sort of mob and also one of the most hunted. I want to see mobs that drop UnL weapons (like Esto drop Riker3) get this ungrade as it will mean an increase in the number of Unl SIB weapons in circulation :)

This is a VERY good change. What MA is doing is justifying the concept of upgrading your gear in order to be more efficient with your hunting. The fixes started with stopping people from putting big amps on Opalos. The next step was making small armors decay more, and big armors decay less. With this step, they are making it worthwhile to have high damage per second weapons, since high regen can affect hunting returns just as much as the eco stats on the equipment.

Exactly what i was thinking and totally plausible.

(The only problem with this, though, is that if less people can hunt the mobs, less money will be put into their "loot pool".

Although i'm supposing the loot pool system will be adjusted too.

Can't wait to see the changes!

Why do i think that i will be again sc......d?

PLS MA,suprise me!

yay no more munching mobs, a mob isnt a mob anymore it has become a creature.

Like it should be named, i.e a mob is a group of creatures.

Anyone commenting on this , stfu this is true.

MA is trying to put those loots in the hands of those that deserve them; those who invested in expensive gear to hunt those mobs. Don't be surprised if your ghost armor doesn't work so well on Aurli and Hogglo in the near future...

I agree with most of what you have said except this. Ambu, Allo, and Esto dont hit harder than they did before, just takes longer to kill them. and if its increased crit rate from mobs, those basically ignore what armour you are wearing.

As for MA rewarding "investors" :D

16 May 2008

For a long time, creatures in Entropia Universe have been created from a generic template. To realize the original Calypso vision of creature diversity and distinctiveness, we have in VU 9.2 and the upcoming VU 9.3 rebalanced certain creatures' characteristics (meaning that certain characteristics have been increased, while others have been decreased). These adjustments have added a further dimension to determining the behavior, traits and threat level of creatures.

Originally Posted Here

Translation :

Bend over and lube up.

Lets not make fast conclusions people ;) There might be some good in it... at least I hope so :)

I agree. Lots of people making some big assumptions. :eek:

My post about it being great news is in response to what Bertha actually said, not an assumption that I know everything and can say exactly what it means.

Increased diversity in the lifeforms on Calypso is something I have wanted for a long time. Maybe this means creatures of the same type and maturity will actually have different stats! Wouldn't it be cool if there was actually a point to scanning all the animals you see? Maybe we will see the animals living in a wider distribution amongst each other like in real natural environments. Sure their are some animals that live in herds... but the mob spawns we are used to on Calypso are very unrealistic. This could mean we see a change in that too. This could mean a lot of things. The only thing I am sure it means is that some attention is being paid to this aspect of EU in an attempt to make it better (I think a lot of you are talking out of your ass about how every change makes it more expensive).

So many people posting essentially the same response "O grate ma takes more my pedz!" Why comment if you are all so jaded anyway? Do you think the first post saying exactly the same thing as you wasn't enough? :mad:

Back