Are you sick of this?

Danoclese

Elite
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Dano Ghana Rondo
This is not meant to take anything away from matt76 but, ffs..

Just another example of MA's incompetence:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hall-fame/128261-nvidia-box-number-3-a.html

It seems that nVidia wanted to distribute their new cards amongst ALL EU participants but, MA, in their wisdom, have decided to stick their at thumbs into it and screw it up....as usual.

Would have it been so hard to create a "switch" that says "If avatar "A" loots a card then no further cards can be looted by this avatar" (insert proper code here)"

Don't get me wrong...BIG gratz to matt76 who got all these cards but..really..was it nVidia's intention to give 10% of the cards donated to one ava???

I just don't get it?

WTF is wrong with MA and these "Partnerships"?

How much more are thay going to frak up?

And should I be worried?

Oh, btw, and what has been mentioned before...

if this were a lottery, what would be the chances of winning 3 times in a row....or at least three times in a 1 month period???

Last edited:
I saw that guy looted a third card earlier. :duh:
I don't hold any ill-will towards him or others that are lucky enough to see such loots.
I learned from being a miner and seeing every nub and their brother hit a tower - that it isn't their doing. It's up to MA as to who gets what - so we get what they want us to get - doesn't matter your skills / perception / decay etc.

While I still really do love Entropia and all the time I've spent here and the people I've met ..

I concur.

My daily "experience" of EU is rapidly eroding what faint hope for the future I once held.

Things like this make it even tougher to put on a brave face and suck up another day of diminishing returns.

Not hating the player, hoping to avoid hating the game.

<insert bitching about people who barely hunt/mine and get mining aths, hunting aths and push the price up on simple crap because they suddenly got money tehy would never have otheriwse here>

Seriously

HAVE YOU BEEN CAMPING EVISCERATORS ?

lol

Code:
Dim vCard, vLootOtherItem

vCard = dlookup("[NVIDIA]","Inventory","[UserID]=[CurrentPlayer]")

if vCard > 0 Then
    vLootOtherItem = True
Else:
    vLootOtherItem = False
End If

dim vItem
vItem = DMax("[ItemID]", "Items")

If vLootOtherItem = True Then
    ItemID.value = Int((vItem * Rnd) + 1)
Else:
    ItemID.value = dlookup("[NVIDIA]","Items","[ItemName] = 'NVIDIA'")
End If

I'm sure MA uses visual basic.. right? ;)

you are kidding here right? 1 person looted 3 out of 10 of the most sought after loots in this game this year? and that is merely a "co-incidence'????

as one Cop says to another "I do not believe in co-incidences." This is a set-up.

I just don't know what to make of this situation...

I highly doubt that special items are avatar specific. I guess Matt was in the right place at the right time on 3 occassions...

Go buy yourself a lottery ticket Matt :)

Happy for the looter but that is some crazy balancing. They should have put one toward each of 30 different mobs for better distribution. I wonder if in the future MA will refer to their universe as Crynamic instead of.....well you know. Then again what do I care they already took all my PED anyhow so no eviceration for me lately.

It's dynamic.

It's dynamic.

Dynamic = :bs:

Lets hope balancing team is not watching this thread or i see constant ''no loot'';)

This gives you a clue how the "predicted" "dynamic" loot distribution works.

The game balance is out of order since two years IMHO.

But anyway , Gratz Matt :)

k, folks, before this gets locked...one more word..or two...

I just hope MA gets the hint...k, we all bitch when a n00b gets an ATH...k, granted, our reactions are not always "balanced"!!! But, all I wanted to say here is that I wish MA would stop slapping us in the face.

It hurts...

It's dynamic.

Sorry Luv, but ... "Dynamic" has now become predictable! I never thought I would be writing a post like this, but I have to agree not only with the OP, but also several others who have posted their opinions. For a long time now, I have seen new players get huge loots and ATH's ... which tells me that skill level is irrelevant. Sure, I got lucky at the crafting machine, and while my attachment skill level was 20 at the time, I still feel it was just a roll of the dice, plain and simple. Far too many people with mad skills are losing out to n00b big-ped looters, and I don't feel that's fair to long-term players who have invested a lot of time and money into this game ... I call it as I see it.

Also ... I totally agree with regard to one person getting 3 Nvidia cards ... no disrespect to Matt76 on my part either, but MA should have put a great deal more thought into this event. That said ... I'm not really surprised.

Last edited:
Ive lost hope in MA TBH.

EU is going in the direction id hope it would never go.

Fuck it.

I agree sadly.

But its not fault of the lucky individual - its the completely out of whack system.

if this were a lottery, what would be the chances of winning 3 times in a row....or at least three times in a 1 month period???
:)

It has been known for someone to win 3 times in a row - all down to chance - part of life, I suppose :scratch2:

:)

It has been known for someone to win 3 times in a row - all down to chance - part of life, I suppose :scratch2:

Yes, but ... we're talking about "coded life" here in a virtual world, and MA (IMO) should be more thoughtful before implementing an event like this so that items (in this case) are more fairly distributed. MA has control over something like this, and IMO, they missed the mark by a few galaxies. :rolleyes:

Maybe they want him to set up quad rig... means he gotta loot 1 more gfx card...lool The mobos for quad obviously dont sell that well..lol

The balance manager -->:drink:

Cheers,
Robo

BS loot

Ive lost hope in MA TBH.

Fuck it.

I agree with you :mad:

Ive lost hope in MA TBH.

Fuck it.

seems going down there indeed...

but about those video cards looted by the same guy. well, isn't it logical in the sense, he was one of the only guys camping there? nobody else gives a duck about those cards, nor about the decay bill in the new bot area. so far the cards have been dropping exactly in proportion so that all of them will be given out before next year. I wouldn't surprise of a 6 days synch for them in loot.

but these cards are not the main reason why it's going down curently, it's the other dainamiks we had pushed in hard before. like skillnerf, good items gone from loot nerf, L bollocks and oils in loot nerf, evade nerf, complete armor set nerf, mobs hp regen nerf. how much pushing in your daonkey can take? I guess 80% of the guys I know who are not gone yet, are extremely close and confident to push the cash out button very soon. have you seen the sizes of hofs lately at around 18-19 ingame time? those times were top hot a year back, nowadays only a handful of guys bother to be online more than 3 hours a day. better for health? maybe it is good after all...

J.

Agree

Yes, but ... we're talking about "coded life" here in a virtual world, and MA (IMO) should be more thoughtful before implementing an event like this so that items (in this case) are more fairly distributed. MA has control over something like this, and IMO, they missed the mark by a few galaxies. :rolleyes:

Game is sadly going down hill.:mad:

Things like this don't surprise me anymore. Mindark has always been grossly incompetent. The only reasons they have gotten this far are luck and stupidity. Their luck and our stupidity.

Yep, Unfortunately for us all the constructive criticism, moaning, whining, angry posts and swearing goes in one ear and out the other with MA

They really dont give a fuck it seems.

Sad, that we just have to learn to accept that or go do something else.

HAVE YOU BEEN CAMPING EVISCERATORS ?

I get what you mean, BUT, are you saying that Matt76 is the only person that has been camping Evi's?

With the direction of this discussion, I believe that the only way MA can retain the influx of new players is for some of these new players to loot a big bonus HOF therefore tell their friends...

"Oh Man you gotta check out this game. I made 3000 dollars on one loot in there!" OR "You gotta check out this game some guy looted 3 gfx cards it could be me next!" (the wow factor)

You have the plans to initiate the chinese into this game (if that proposal is still on the table), therefore they have to show the chinese the benefit of being a new player in EU, hence Big Noob HOFs.

Essentially what has this lead to?

It has lead to huge ATHs being looted off - total noob mobs or young and mature of mid level mobs - snable, trox young (all easy kills).

What does this mean to the long term player/high investor?

It means the skills we have worked hard for, the equipment we've invested in to hunt more challenging mobs appropriate to our skill levels and our experience is now utter crap in value.

We would have a better chance of a nice big loot if we chipped out, sold all our skills, stripped our equip down to pixie with a fap15 and amped opalo and went out and killed every young or mature low end mob we could find.

Or you put on all your good equipment go out with ml35 or foeripper and take down thousands upon thousands of the mobs that new players rely on when they first enter the game, in our search for the big loot that might just break us even.

What does this do for the new player?

All of a sudden you have all these higher skilled players leaving the big expensive hard to kill mobs running around while they tank everything low end in sight with one shot from a big end weapon, leaving the poor little nooby standing there going "damn I didn't even get a shot into one of those mobs".

What if every high level - mid level player in game started chasing nooby mobs only, for the loots and occasionally hunted a bigger mobs to break the boredom of one shot kills.

You would have noobys unable to go anywhere because there is a crapload of big hitting mob wandering around untouched and no mobs left for them to sweat/skill/hunt on cause all the higher players have taken them all out and are standing there waiting for respawn to do it all over again.

When those level players get bored or log off the new shift will be logging on to take over lol

Well that's my thoughts :) summarised all the hard work, hard skilling and thoughtful buying of nice gear has become worthless.

Quickly adding before this gets too long winded that MA have it backwards.

If they want high rollers like the Chinese to enter the game and spend money, they would better off showing them that if you make an account, chip in bucket loads of skills buy sh*t hot gear to hunt with and go hunt some whopping big creature.

Your more likely to have fun, your more likely to loot big and therefore MA would have a lovely influx from the decay generated by new players, with bought skills and huge investments in weapons and armor that have a higher decay rate.

I work in the service industry I know how these cultures are, these particular peoples either spend very big and fill the table and renew the banquet thorughout the night OR they spend very little and leave quickly, there is no inbetween.

Warmest regards

Rayne

Back