Entropia Universe Version Update 9.4

Status
8 hours (though I say 10 knowing how quickl the boys at MA are and how they keep eye on watches) is a very very long time...

Can't wait to see what will come, though I fear what will I see at the same time...

I had more bugs lately then ever before. All caused by lag and I have changed nothing in my connection not the PC. High time for VU, maybe something changes here.

Just don't remove ammo, bombs and probes from tt... plz :laugh:

They will add a new LA with a uniqe mob which everyone loves. its gonna loot the adj modfap which also will be included in this vu..
ofc. Also "less" lag. "more" loot, a bunch of unneeded (L)s and a new Ore which will by the end of 2010 have a steady daily markup at 213%

When MA implemented the Ageia physX engine they stuck to the VU number X.X(VU 8.6), didn`t go for a fresh 9.0 or whatever it was. That was suppose to be a major update to allow vehicles and stuff like that, but after came the cryengine idea, so plans for vehicles`n such were postponed as
CryENGINE® 2 includes our own proprietary build-in physics engine
So what I`m saying is, MA might release Cryengine VU on Monday. :)

p.s:small remember VU8.6
VU 8.6 Content List
ENTROPIA UNIVERSE VERSION UPDATE 8.6
2006-09-18 New Physics Engine
As part of the ongoing enhancement of the Entropia Universe, MindArk are proud to announce the implementation of the 'PhysX' physics engine by AGEIA. The AGEIA PhysX engine delivers the computing horsepower necessary to enable true, advanced physics in the Entropia Universe.

This first implementation stage will allow MindArk to greatly enhance the Entropia Universe with exciting new features during the coming seasons.

Oh boy.. more flashy stuff up front to divert our attention away from the backdoor screw job.

And you KNOW I'm right. Do I need to give you an EU history lesson?

*sigh*:rolleyes:

Ahhh! Finally some decent outage instead of the weekly 10 minute server reboot :D

Everybody are happy when new Vu coming but it can be catastrof, i dont hope it but never cant know.

sometimes i scare new vu's

i hope this bring something awesome!

Ahhh! Finally some decent outage instead of the weekly 10 minute server reboot :D

What can be bettah than ye olde decent outage! :D

Dunno what it will be.

I bet some mobs will be adjusted, and Im 100procent sure its not CE2. Not without a massive hype. Surely not a graphics/sound update too.

It will be nothing special...

But I hope Im wrong :laugh:

Where does this info come from that CE2 will be VU10?

thats players making it up m8.

i think it's CE2
or front preparation to lanch it without major problems.

next island and CRD site is telling they would go online in the mid. or end of 2009 march a few weeks after CE2 has aplied.
etleast they made comerce about going online then.

read it in business news article dated 18-12-2008 so not that long ago.
but maybe some one died again and MA got behind on track again.

My thoughts:
CE2 will come on VU.10 - The VU.9.4 will be a bigger pack with new updates for CE2, and following VU's before the final one will be use to clear up the upcoming bugs + new updates. And Voooiillaaa VU.10 = The final VU for cryengine 2 =)

Stop dreaming guyz !!

one week before they could just release a "sneak preview" of some areas, so its far away from being done, we wont see cryengine before this summer !

for this vu, i guess the main update will be

"preparation for cryengine2 update" the usual thing ..

Hope we get some nice content as well :) like melee amp? ^^

When MA implemented the Ageia physX engine they stuck to the VU number X.X(VU 8.6), didn`t go for a fresh 9.0 or whatever it was.

Physx was only an addition to the existing engine as it only handles physics calculations not a replacement and as such didn't need full version number change.

For CE2 then a new version would be called for as it appears EU is getting a complete overhall on its codebase as well as the serverfarm that it connects to.

I doubt this update is anything other than additional content with no major changes to the way EU operates as large changes to the current code isn't justified when a new version is supposed to be around the corner.

For other applications it might be ok but the current incarnation of EU will no longer exist anywhere other than on backup tapes when CE2 is launched so making large changes doesn't justify the cost to do it.

March for CE2 is unrealistic, why bother with this update if in 3-4 weeks its all being changed again. The last interview I saw with MA said Q2 2009 which can mean the end of June but then most were saying Q3 2008 for the first half of last year, a lot of us were expecting it before the Olympics.

we need to remember this, when a new vu comes out, the number represents its size.
since we have a 0.0.0 system a 0.0.1-9 vu is usualy just tweaks, bugfixes, slight add ons ect.
a 0.1-9.0 vu is larger in fac the large the number the more thats done, thought if we go 0.2.9 to 0.3.0 then that actualy would be a a stabilization fix more then anything else. however vu1.0.0 increases are usualy meant for big updates and or expansions thats why you will see many games do vu4.13.17

so in short, first part is large update, second part in big update, and last part on the vu number is small-minor updates. the higher the increase the larger the update.
like i said this will not be cry2, if it was we would jump to at least vu10.0.0, no this is just a big update with probably mob buffs loot changes new items, ect.
cry2 will jump the vu number at least a full 1.0.0

It can be a VU to prepare for the new planets.

ma has stated all planets will come after the full cry2 release. they hint that next island may be released along side cry2 but no planets will be released before.

CRD and Next island plannets are fully finnished and are waiting for the dry engine to go online.
the other plannets (the plannet where neverdie) has a big part in is not yet finnished and is / are ecpected summer 2009

the same article was saying sooo

if this is not ce2 then ma ark will use the time to test ce2 one the real servers.
and for us to wait for our patience they'll implement some stuff to make the whinners happy.

i personaly dont care
but i think planet partners do care and shareholder aswell
the looks and ce2 will come sooner or later

CRD and Next island plannets are fully finnished and are waiting for the dry engine to go online.
the other plannets (the plannet where neverdie) has a big part in is not yet finnished and is / are ecpected summer 2009

the same article was saying sooo

What article was that? Can you post a link please?

that is the problem i have.
i cant find it back.

was a link on one of the CRD site's business news article
date was saying 18-12-2008

and i remember the important stuff.
it's like carved in my mind.
and hoping it's no lie

thought i was just thinking evryone say's it will be VU10 then when that happeneds the cry2 !
have they thought about what VU it must be when the planets start ?
because that could be called VU10 aswell ?
or would MA call that VU 10.1 or VU 10.3 or something.
the only one's that know are the MA employees.

lets go bug the 2 welcome MA officials in PA

...i think it's CE2
or front preparation to lanch it without major problems.

There is a huge difference in "This is CE2!" and "This is probably a preparation for..." ;)

I'm very excited like I am before every VU :)

GOOD LUCK MA :)

ma wont say lol, well there is a way, but you would have to live in the same town as them.
step 1, get a few employees to a bar.
step 2, get them drunker then a skunk.
step 3, question and probably get what you wnat to know plus a hole lot more... that you didn't want to know. like there favorite colored underwear.:laugh:

found the article
though the article on next islend saying they think to go online in march is gone as the whole site is changed and i can onlu view trailer video's

\

December 18, 2008
MindArk Expanding Platform In Spite of Recession; Plans for IPO Delayed
In the face of a recession that has many companies in the virtual worlds space making cuts to save costs, MindArk is staffing up to finish rolling out the update to its virtual world, Entropia. In July 2007, the company announced that it had adopted CryEngine 2. The system was meant to go live late this year, but due to the complicated nature of integrating it with Entropia's economic system, MindArk is now aiming for Q2 2009. Once the new engine is in place, other partners will launch their own planets, using Entropia as the platform. That, along with a better financial climate, will enable MindArk to move towards its IPO, orignally announced a year ago.

"Obviously we’ve consulted with Credit Suisse and this isn’t a good time to go with an IPO. There are also a few things we need to do first," explained Business Development Director David Simmonds. "One is we need to get the CryEngine working and out there so our customers can use it. That’ll determine it, but also the economic climate. That’s why we’re taking on more people and all of our resources are going towards the implementation of the CryEngine. Over the last year, very little game development has gone on inside of Entropia. The majority has gone towards the work that people can’t quite see at the moment."

The launch of CryEngine 2 in Entropia will also bring new business to the company. MindArk has already announed partnerships with SEE Touring to create planets based on Hollywood licenses, Creative Kingdom to launch a media center, the Chinese government to develop a whole virtual infrastructure, and more.

Of the currently planned five partners, Simmonds expects Creative Kingdom, the Chinese government, and a third, unnanounced partner to be ready to launch when CryEngine 2 is in place. The others will be coming down the line, and Simmonds says he is also in talks with 7-8 other companies, ranging from the smallest to worldwide brands.

Some have wondered what became of the Chinese plans for Entropia, which were initially meant to go live over the summer, were pushed back to this fall, and haven't been heard from since. Simmonds said the project suffered a blow when Chief Scientist Robert Lai passed away this summer and was set back approximately six months, but that it's now back on track.

"They can’t go live with the product until we’re finished with [the CryEngine update]. Whatever they do, they have to wait until we have our CryEngine in Entropia finished. Then they have amazing big, new plans, but just that starting planet can’t open up until we open up," said Simmonds.

Once those partners do come in world, the hope is that they'll bring new users and profits. Each will operate on a profit-sharing scheme that allows MindArk and the partner to monetize users wherever they are. MindArk, which makes its money on virtual goods as they deteriorate in value, will give a percentage of that profit to the partner that first brings a user in.

So while a user may come in for a Hollywood movie experience "powered by Entropia" and remain in SEE's worlds, they can also explore other partner's territories or Entropia's own Calypso world. That should bring a boost in revenue--and a more attractive IPO.

Simmonds says that while the platform approach has long been a plan, MindArk is still profitable, and looking for new talent, on its own.

"The whole concept is we really wanted to make it into a platform. People get one game, and they get bored. They want change. Here they’re going through space and can take their avatars, their skills, and the majority of their equipment to a planet that’s created by a completely different developer and so will have a very different feel," he explained. "We’re still making Calypso, which we have today. We’re still a profitable company and building and growing in these tough economic times."

http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/20...spite-of-recession-plans-for-ipo-delayed.html

or is

Q2 = second quarter

id say

2Q = second quarter

i think its meaning 2 2009
as Q and 2 are next each other on keyboard aswell (typo)
i dont think they would short the word quarter in this article as there would not be a reason to do so

Last edited:
i think its meaning 2 2009
as Q and 2 are next each other on keyboard aswell (typo)
i dont think they would short the word quarter in this article as there would not be a reason to do so

Yes, they would shorten "second quarter of 2009" in an article like this simply because people writing and reading articles of this kind is used to read a referral to time frames in that matter. Therefore "Q2 2009" means "second quarter of 2009"

And knowing MA, I'd say that we will probably not see CE2 until after the summer vacations, atleast the swedish ones that is in July for most people.
I hope I'm wrong but I think the launch will be in mid-august, especially since the recession makes it harder to attract new players that are willing to put money into a virtual world...

"The whole concept is we really wanted to make it into a platform. People get one game, and they get bored. They want change. Here they’re going through space and can take their avatars, their skills, and the majority of their equipment to a planet that’s created by a completely different developer and so will have a very different feel," he explained. "We’re still making Calypso, which we have today. We’re still a profitable company and building and growing in these tough economic times."

That's an interesting statement confirming we can move around WITH gear etc.

VU will be faster healing mobs, the middle of the wedge. Hopefully something to explore will appear too?

t

This Vu is probably mostling going to be the lauch of a whole new website structure to. and then some events content to lead to the change in envirmoment to cyrengine.

That's an interesting statement confirming we can move around WITH gear etc.

VU will be faster healing mobs, the middle of the wedge. Hopefully something to explore will appear too?

t

If it is true that we can move between planets then I will definately be happy, I love to explore new worlds and it could become incredible, with many opportunities for everyone, new and old alike :yay:

If the pilots can refrain from charging exhorbitant fees of course lol, I dont mind paying a fair price but charging people 10-100x+ what it costs them will only make Mindark have to come in and set up some way of curtailing it :p

mischief
Yes, they would shorten "second quarter of 2009" in an article like this simply because people writing and reading articles of this kind is used to read a referral to time frames in that matter. Therefore "Q2 2009" means "second quarter of 2009"

And knowing MA, I'd say that we will probably not see CE2 until after the summer vacations, atleast the swedish ones that is in July for most people.
I hope I'm wrong but I think the launch will be in mid-august, especially since the recession makes it harder to attract new players that are willing to put money into a virtual world...

wierd reporter usin shortcut's
as it is a business news article .... many of those ppl dont understand that.
like me for instance.
very unclear , but owke lets wait further then.
might be the reason next island changed thier site , but dont really get it.
if the plannet partners cant go online , im sure some get a heavy cash flow.
or even get bankruptcy
MA cant wait to long

but hey

who knows this update brings us a ingame auto clicker that u can use when u have to repeat the same thing over and over again for crafting like.

when MA makes his own one . no one can exploid it.
and all rules can be clear.
1 rule : u can only use the ingame auto repeater and no other proprames likely as a auto clicker/ repeater are aloud.

like now, one gets a warrning and a other one gets banned inmediatly.

and i get bleaches on my fingers.......
even been thinking of building a device from lego technics to puch the mouse buton autmaticly

If the pilots can refrain from charging exhorbitant fees of course lol, I dont mind paying a fair price but charging people 10-100x+ what it costs them will only make Mindark have to come in and set up some way of curtailing it :p

Do you realise how expensive it is for a pilot, and how small a margin they make?

Status
Back