Entropia Universe Version Update 9.4

Status
Do you realise how expensive it is for a pilot, and how small a margin they make?

How would anyone know how expensive it would be for pilots when planets are not even online yet? :confused:

My point is that if it costs them 5k oil costing about 100ped or so not including mark-ups with a maximum of 4 people then I would be willing to pay something like 50 ped maximum, not end up seeing a cartel where no-one moves anyone except if they pay 500 ped each lol

2x profit is ok, not 10-20x ... I am sure that Mindark wouldnt allow them to hold their new business partners to ransom and if they did then in a month or two I am sure we would be seeing new breakthroughs in teleporter technology ;)

How would anyone know how expensive it would be for pilots when planets are not even online yet? :confused:

My point is that if it costs them 5k oil costing about 100ped or so not including mark-ups with a maximum of 4 people then I would be willing to pay something like 50 ped maximum, not end up seeing a cartel where no-one moves anyone except if they pay 500 ped each lol

2x profit is ok, not 10-20x ... I am sure that Mindark wouldnt allow them to hold their new business partners to ransom and if they did then in a month or two I am sure we would be seeing new breakthroughs in teleporter technology ;)

and to add to that MA have announced that there will be a NEW way to travel to planets

{...} MindArk is now aiming for Q2 2009. {...}

"Q2" is very commonly used to indicate the second quarter of the year, or fiscal year. More people understand "Q2" than "IPO".

{...} Creative Kingdom to launch a media center, {...}

"media center"???

{...} and a third, unnanounced partner to be ready to launch when CryEngine 2 is in place. {...}

be interesting to see who the "unnanounced" partner turns out to be.

{...} Some have wondered what became of the Chinese plans for Entropia, which were initially meant to go live over the summer, were pushed back to this fall, and haven't been heard from since. Simmonds said the project suffered a blow when Chief Scientist Robert Lai passed away this summer and was set back approximately six months, but that it's now back on track.

"They can’t go live with the product until we’re finished with [the CryEngine update]. Whatever they do, they have to wait until we have our CryEngine in Entropia finished. Then they have amazing big, new plans, but just that starting planet can’t open up until we open up," said Simmonds. {...}

...unless they just get tired of waiting.

If it is true that we can move between planets then I will definately be happy, I love to explore new worlds and it could become incredible, with many opportunities for everyone, new and old alike :yay:

If the pilots can refrain from charging exhorbitant fees of course lol, I dont mind paying a fair price but charging people 10-100x+ what it costs them will only make Mindark have to come in and set up some way of curtailing it :p

There has been a great deal of discussion about this already. The general consensus from information that MA provided is that you will be able to move between partner planets through some type of portal and not necessarily by means of a spaceship.

There was also speculation that you would have to log out of one partner's realm and then log back into a different one. Guess that all depends on how much MA guys get finished.

new guess. this is the orb VU. now we can finally go to the underworld.

I am hoping for mindforce improvements. Something completely new, not some new guns or house furn etc.

I just learned the 10 minute restarts have been remote restarts. Apparently, they haven't been able to get in the server-room becasue the loot-server broke and most of the loot fell out. So, tomorrow they have to get back in, and shovel all the loot in the server again. So hopefully after tomorrow there will be a better than 40% return for me.

Well, if existing prices for pilots are anything to go by, it'll be costly for them.

I look forward to spending 2 hours rearranging my storage

Yes, they would shorten "second quarter of 2009" in an article like this simply because people writing and reading articles of this kind is used to read a referral to time frames in that matter. Therefore "Q2 2009" means "second quarter of 2009"

And knowing MA, I'd say that we will probably not see CE2 until after the summer vacations, atleast the swedish ones that is in July for most people.
I hope I'm wrong but I think the launch will be in mid-august, especially since the recession makes it harder to attract new players that are willing to put money into a virtual world...

I think we need to see what comes of this VU before we can even hazard a guess at when CE2 will be coming.

And Q2 could well mean June, July or August but with MA and the current climate that is anyones guess as to which year it could end up being.

Too many carrot and sticks at the moment and not enough real stuff to get our fingers into. Lots of Maintenance but that doesn't mean CE2 is coming any time soon, but could just be up to date servers for the new planets.

As nice as CE2 looks, far too many carrots and sticks and the more it drags on, the less I like it.

Harder Atrox,Allo's,Feffs and Ambus will be the party line.Their regen will be increased by 30% to "provide a much more exciting and dynamic battle" but something shiny will drop to confuse and distract the masses.:yay:

I hope I'm wrong but I think the launch will be in mid-august, especially since the recession makes it harder to attract new players that are willing to put money into a virtual world...

well considering its the existing userbase that is funding this exclusively since no IPO took place it's not surprising its taking longer than expected and is probably why we've seen more events in the last two months than in the other 11 months of 2008. They completely ignored updates for almost a year, they even mention this in the accounts as a reason for a lower than expected joining rate.

I seem to remember in an interview with MA (can't remember who) that the pilots may not even be involved with travel between planets and that another method be used, one possiblity is a CP style teleport with a fee to jump to the other planet.

If there is enough difference between the planets it will need us to download several gig of new textures and models to allow us to travel to them. It will probably mean we will need to run a different client for each planet.

As for this update we'll find out what MA have in store for us in 13 hours.

If there is enough difference between the planets it will need us to download several gig of new textures and models to allow us to travel to them. It will probably mean we will need to run a different client for each planet.

Different clients would kill the "universe-feeling" and make pilots more or less useless. No thank you. :)

It may not be the ideal solution but it may be the only one. How long does it take some to download an image in a frame, I've known some people to stand there for 20 minutes and still not get it and we're talking about entire planets having to download so we can venture out from Calypso at that rate it could take weeks so a seperate download for each planet wouldn't surprise me.

i.e. you attempt to travel to the CKI planet but it tells you that you can't because you haven't got it installed. We'd timeout if we had to wait for each planet to download.

...CRD and Next island plannets are fully finnished and are waiting for the dry engine to go online...

Sorry I know its stupid, but Dry Engine made me laught be4 sleep :D

I hate to say this but maybe its all for the egg...Ahh the egg..

I seem to remember in an interview with MA (can't remember who) that the pilots may not even be involved with travel between planets and that another method be used, one possiblity is a CP style teleport with a fee to jump to the other planet.

If I remember that interview correctly it was said that pilots would not be involved in travel between planets when the first new planets are rolled out, but that space mat be "opened up" at a later time.

turrets finally gain usage!
pilots need to learn to control they ships.

It wouldn't matter how much difference there is. Because all the planets are required to run on the CryEngine2. So they can be incorporated into the client.

McCormick video proves my words...that hangars will not be needed to travel between planets.

you will just need to select the planet from EU menu, thats all.
also it will be possible to travel between planets ingame, by using something like teleports, gates, whatever.

Thats how I see it.
Otherwise...you must see that McC movie and be ready for this :D hahahaha fantastic !

a litte under 4 hours till the maintenance!:laugh:

Sooo whats the verdict? is the new vu good bad ok? i couldnt chek it out my hard drive fried so im depending on forums to feed my addiction anyone let me know plz:scared::bandit::poke:

I made this travel-between-the-new-planets-guide-video once ;p

Its only 4 megabyte in size and god, do I pray this wont happen !

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/mccormick/journey2.wmv Right Click & Save As

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA lol :D this reminds me when me and a bunch of my friends wanted to play some UT2004 over the net not n lan but in some 1 elses servers.. :))) always was some 1 who couldnt join so we went thrue atleast 20 servers b4 we could get going with everyone lol:wtg::wtg:

Sooo whats the verdict? is the new vu good bad ok? i couldnt chek it out my hard drive fried so im depending on forums to feed my addiction anyone let me know plz:scared::bandit::poke:

Downtime is planned to start in 2 hours 8 minutes

Thanks brucy keep me updated please:)

Sometime after the servers go down, on the entropia-website there will be posted what the new VU will have, so instead of hitting refresh here all the time, you can press refresh on two websites all the time! Ain't it great?

Status
Back