Tiers: FAQ (Questions and Answers)

Smoerble

Elite
Smoerble
Improtant update:
Unique items CAN be upgraded! See below.

Q: What items have tiers?

A: Weapons, Armor and Tools (Finders, Extractors, FAPs etc

Q: Do I see the progress to unlock a tier in the stats?
A: Yes. It's under Item points: 0.0 or 0.5 etc. You see a green message (as skill increases) when you increase your tier by 0.1 . Once you reach 1.0 on a (L) item, it unlocks that tier, unlimited weapons need some addtional action though, don't know what though.

Q: what does the tier factor mean?
A: the higher the better, but see below.

Q: is the tier unlock for all items of the same type?
A: no, you have to unlock a tier everytime again for each item. If you use a P5(L) and it breaks, you need to start on the next P5(L) again from scratch.

Q: So only high TT (L) items make sense?
A: It depends mainly on the increase rate for the first tiers: the higher it is, the faster it unlocks. So a increase rate of 2000 for tier one makes sense on a low TT pistol.

Q: What does this mean for prices of (L) items?
A: Not sure here yet. If the enhancers for tiers 1-3 are good and cheap, the result might be that (L) items have very different MU suddenly. But currently no effect, as people are more pissed than anything else :).

Q: What does this mean for prices of unlimted items?
A... need to rehtingk my answer here because of some major change/discovery. People upgrade their weapons, even expensive ones like ML-35. Details below.

Q: how quick do I unlock a tier?
A: I don't know any formula yet. 2 examples:
1) MarieWoodell: Vivo T5(L), 6.5 PEDs TT. Tier 1 unlock needs 4.5 PEDs TT. Tier factor: 150
2) Smoerble: Adapted Montgomery Anab.(L): 450/893 T. Tier 1 from 0.0 to 0.1 needed about 100 PEDs ammo. Tier factor 38

Q: I need to unlock every tier 1 again on a (L) item once it's broken?
A: yes. But you can buy items that have tiers unlocked.

Q: can I sell/buy items with unlocked tiers?
a: yes, the tiers are item based, so unlockes are traded with the item!

Q: How to upgrade a unlimited item?
Mantas1:
Reached tier 0.9 on a TT enmatter finder.
To upgrade it to tier 1, it will need 1 Ju10, 184 Animal muscle oils, 18 Simple I conductors, 1 Pile of garnets, 148 Blazar fragments, 73 Tier I components.
And there's only a 50% Success rate and 95% salvage rate.
Not sure if I want to upgrade it anymore

Q: Does an unlocked tier affect the TT value of the object? the more tiers being unlocked the higher the tt value of it gets or?
A: no, they do not affect the TT value.

Q: Im almost certain i saw somewhere that a unlock is personal .. are you sure its not? .. so I can buy a tier X gun.. or just the unlocks it has gained. but i start on tier lvl 0.?

Unlocks are based on each item, not on an item type or avatars. You can sell items including their unlocks (or buy them), but you can't take a tier unlock from one item to another. The enhancer inside the tiers can be attached and detached as as amps etc.

Q: What is a unlock? Can i put like an amp on one of the unlocked slots.. so in lvl 0 .. I cant amp it, laser it or anything :S?
There will be enhancers to increase attacks/minute, reduce decay and maybe more things. Regular amps still work as before, so tiers are and additon to amps.

Q: will sats/ammo change with tiers or just these unlocks
Stats/ammo do not change, but the enhancers inside the tiers should change something, once you add them to the tier.

Q: Upgrading unlimited items: Do I need a second item to upgrade mine?
A: MAJOR update: It seems no. There is a possibility to upgrade even unique items. Links:
Frank|FPC: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...major-tier-upgrade-process-7.html#post2219565

But beware, if you do it wrong: You might loose that second item! See next posting!

Q: I own an A103 for my gun. Is it worthless now?
A: No, it works exactly as before, tiers/enhancers work addtionoally on that.

Q: If I upgrade an unlimited item, are all components lost during the process?
A: All components are lost, if the process fails or the process is successful. You need a second item of the same type you want to upgrade. THIS ITEM MIGHT GET LOST IN THE UPGRADE ATTEMPT!. Details see next posting.

Q: When you open the first slot with tier 1 , you can use only lvl 1 enhancer , or what ever enhancer in that slot ?
A: You can only use level 1 enhancers. This means: if you have 5 tiers unlocked and want enhancers in all of them, you need 5 different enhancers.

Q: If you add a dmg enhancer in both slot 1 and in slot 2 of a weapon, giving +5% dmg and +10% dmg, do you have to multiply or sum the effects ?
A: I don't know. Anybody has an asnwer?

Last edited:
Last edited:
(L) Items tier up MUCH quicker than Unlimited items.

I will update this section every few hours. If you can confirm something, please do so.

Q: What items have tiers?
A: Weapons, Armor and Tools (Finders, Extractors, FAPs etc

There will be tires for armors aswell? :scratch2:

Armors have teirs too, yes. A lot unlocks already happening ;)

My question is: why the same weapons (opalos i.e.) has different Tier Increase Rate? :scratch2:
And what is better: high (like 170) or low (like 60)?

@edit:
wtf:
i have checked my BodyGuard (L) set to comapre with opalo (unl weapon) and first notice showed that (L) set has mainly 10-120 TIR when opalo has 60-150 (so it seems the more the longer it will take) but... then i checked BodyGuard (L) Harness and Tiers are 200-990 lol, wtf?

Falagor
:bandit:

Q: is the tier unlock for all items of the same type?
A: no, you have to unlock a tier everytime again for each item. If you use a P5(L) and it breaks, you need to start on the next P5(L) again from scratch.

if this is true than MA/FPC can ***** my ***** *****

i mean wtf did they introduce L weapons for in the first place, as far as im concerned they have now completely lost the plot.

might as wel stop hunting and start mining, or chip out and sell out and take my peds to another game.

a game where they dont treat me like im a completely idiot.

Don't get too mad.
Weapon stats seem still the same when I use my amp. So the teirs are an addition to that.

Plus, as written above, it seems that a low TT (L) items unlocks tiers quicker than the SAME (L) item with high TT.

Added:
A: I don't know any formula yet. My assumption: based on TT value of item and tier factor. 2 examples:
1) Summergirl: Vivo T5(L), 6.5 PEDs TT. Tier 1 unlock needs 4.5 PEDs TT. Tier factor: 150
2) Smoerble: Adapted Montgomery Anab.(L): 450/893 T. Tier 1 from 0.0 to 0.1 needed about 100 PEDs ammo. Tier factor 38

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I got this right.

Each weapon has it's own tier? Let's presume that I've achieved tier 3.0 with Breer P4. When I buy a new Breer P4 I have to start tiering up from 0.0?

well I don't know about unlocks but My vigi harness and Ek2350 increased to tier 0.1 rather quickly whereas a full kat det and val both saw no increase.

Looks like UL is gonna be slow, though this may increase it's value if is item based and not linked to the player.

Added:
Q: can I sell/buy items with unlocked tiers?
a: yes, the tiers are item based, so unlockes are traded with the item!
Can you please support values like above (TT when you used it, max TT and how much TT it took to upgrade?

Now this update seems to make limited weapons/armors pretty useless. Tho they still have SIB.

Q: Im almost certain i saw somewhere that a unlock is personal .. are you sure its not? .. so I can buy a tier X gun.. or just the unlocks it has gained. but i start on tier lvl 0.?

Q: What is a unlock? Can i put like an amp on one of the unlocked slots.. so in lvl 0 .. I cant amp it, laser it or anything :S?

Q: will sats/ammo change with tiers or just these unlocks

Q: Does an unlocked tier affect the TT value of the object? the more tiers being unlocked the higher the tt value of it gets or? :scratch2:

To upgrade it to tier 1, it will need 1 Ju10, 184 Animal muscle oils, 18 Simple I conductors, 1 Pile of garnets, 148 Blazar fragments, 73 Tier I components.
Not sure if I want to upgrade it anymore :laugh:

Q: how much ped need to be recycle before I can get tier up mesaage?

I just spend like 100 ped on ammo and decay.. and it doesnt tier up at all lol

1) Summergirl: Vivo T5(L), 6.5 PEDs TT. Tier 1 unlock needs 4.5 PEDs TT. Tier factor: 150

The t5 was me. It had 10.98 peds to start with and at 6.41 peds it went to tier 1. factor was 72. I've not tried tier 2 yet. as soon as its died i will try another full tt t5 to see if it takes longer to get to tier 1.

(L) Items tier up MUCH quicker than Unlimited items.

must be, cause else max tier wont be reached :)
but the question on my mind, are weapons now less efficient and do they become even efficient as they were at max tier or something else???

Last edited:
must be, cause else max tier wont be reached :)
but the question on my mind, are weapons now less efficient and do they because even efficient as they were at max tier or something else???

So far all stats seem to be the same meaning we can possibly make them more efficient.

please tell me you are joking

I have to go back and find the quote from (was it Frank or Marco?) when he was talking about the new enhancement/tier level but I'm almost positive he said the tiers unlocked moved with the item if sold. To support this, if you look at market value for any tier-able item now it has a new "Tier" category on the bottom indicating that different Tier levels for each item will have a different market value.

Keep in mind that there is a "Known Bug" listed in the VU notes that says you can't trade any item with 1.0 tier or greater via PvP trades atm.

Added your questions and answered them. More info needed though, give examples of your unlocks plz.

What does 95% salvage rate mean? That there is a 5% chance you will lose the item itself? Or that on a fail you will get back 95% of the tt?

Could this be the final death of UL items?

Edit: question answered, some of the ingredients are lost, never the item itself.

Last edited:
What does 95% salvage rate mean? That there is a 5% chance you will lose the item itself? Or that on a fail you will get back 95% of the tt?

I hope that doesn't mean you lose the item. Could you imagine losing a mod fap. At 5% the odds are one out of every two would be lost if they were both attempted to get to lvl 10.

my guess is that you get back 95% of the tt stuff used to do the upgrade, something similar to when getting a partial succes in crafting. If the post above is true.

Question answered by Marco in the Content Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
Marco, u still didnt answered THE question:

what happen to the UL item if the upgrade FAIL?

Marco replied:
Some or all of the ingredients are lost. The item that is getting upgraded is never lost.

Whew!

Took around 380ped of ammo with svempa x1+dante to reach tier 1.0

Oh yeah, and "tier increase rate" seems to differ from item to item, even for same items. Only checked on L, don't have duplicate unL items at hand.

Back