Question: How many skills we lose every time we log out?

Time to start recording gains fastidiously.

Time to start recording gains fastidiously.

fastidiously:confused:

I had never heard of this word and looked it up...now I know your Scottish, so should probably know better than me...
But from this explanation, in seems to me the word doesn't belong here or even in this century :D

Main Entry: fas·tid·i·ous
Pronunciation: \fa-ˈsti-dē-əs, fə-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin fastidiosus, from fastidium disgust, probably from fastus arrogance (probably akin to Latin fastigium top) + taedium irksomeness — more at tedium
Date: 15th century
1 archaic : scornful
2 a : having high and often capricious standards : difficult to please <critics…so fastidious that they can talk only to a small circle of initiates — Granville Hicks> b : showing or demanding excessive delicacy or care c : reflecting a meticulous, sensitive, or demanding attitude <fastidious workmanship>
3 : having complex nutritional requirements <fastidious microorganisms>
source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fastidiously

And now back to topic :D

Yeah, I'm actually in a quantum state that bridges time.

fastidiously:confused:

I had never heard of this word and looked it up...now I know your Scottish, so should probably know better than me...
But from this explanation, in seems to me the word doesn't belong here or even in this century :D

source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fastidiously

And now back to topic :D

Try a real dictionary? :p

http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/fastidious?view=uk

First meaning in current language use - "very attentive to accuracy and detail"

The reason I chose to use that particular word was becasue of it's current meaning and the original meaning. It was a kind of language joke :/

i.e. "I will look into my skill gains from now on with huge accuracy becasue I find this kind of bug particularly distasteful"

Last edited:
Yep it happened to me when I was close of getting a lvl.
So.... I got that lvl twice :D
If I find the pics I'll share.

PS: It has some few months tho

Now you see why I stay logged in 24/7 now if I can. When you logout, you should allow the 20 seconds to count down. If you just click "Exit", I teleport to your avatar and begin to chip out whatever skills you've gained during that session. I then kick your avatar in the nuts directly before the last second counts down and then proceed to tapdance on you as you wallow in pain.

Haven't you ever wondered what happens while you aren't watching for that 20 seconds? :)

Oh, and I almost forgot. The final touch on that festivity during the countdown is fapping you Blackhawk! ;) lolz

Double post ftw.

im curious about the tests and more interested in ped loss than skills lost... if i spent a bunch of ammo and gaint no skills for it, than what am i paying for exsactly? it certainly isnt the loot ,, lol

I can say for sure that even if you wait the 20 seconds, you still lose skills many times when you log out. I am tempted to say each time. But anyway, most of the times I checked. So it is not related with the 20 seconds.
Is nice to see some people have a good sense of humor on this matter, as a proof we are such a great community. The best there is.

Wow.. wow.. wow. I am not new, at all, to PE but today is my first reply to the forum.. I must say I am very displzd with MA if in fact this is true (and it seems to have some truth, judging only by the ppl claiming it). I will do the test for sure but one thing.. where and how can I test it. I have never even tried to run a test like this.. I play this game 8-10 hrs daily. I have plenty of time to do the test, with screenies. I just simply need info on how to actually do a test like this. If some will help me with the "gettting started" I will gladly run the test.

PS I really hope this is not happening. It would seem that MA would need to compensate for my peds lost in skillin huh. considering they have not stated that this is a risk associated with the game.

It definately happens.

I tested id a few years ago with a mann mph a nd a new avatar. 0 zero skills, then skill to 10 hg quickly log out. Log back, skill reset to zero. about 4 times in a row. Then I skilled to 73 and it do reset to 41. Made support cases about it and they admitted that it can take some time for them to proccess the gains and save them .

You can use a method similar to this.

Ye this is an oldie already. Support told me not to worry when I sent in a case long long ago. Coz soon I'd reach the same skillpoints again anyways. lol

Needless to say that reply wasn't very helpfull at all :D

Just adding my experience to the thread:

I've only noticed this skill bug once - it has probably happened more often, but I cannot verify it besides this time that I definitely noticed it.

It was after VU10.0, and I only noticed it because I gained a new rank in a skill. I didn't log in the following day. I logged in and hunted the next day, and I saw the same skill gain the same new rank at the same # of points on a hunt.

So, the theory that the server takes time to collect the data didn't work in my case - unless it takes more than 2 days? lol

So, the theory that the server takes time to collect the data didn't work in my case - unless it takes more than 2 days? lol

A server can't collect any data anymore after you logged out, of course. When they it takes time, they means: as long as you are logged in, the server can retrieve data.

Is easy to "test".
Write down the skill in main profession when you log out. If you have less when you log back in, there is a problem.

I have sent a letter to MA sup. Waiting now for the answer.:)

Is easy to "test".
Write down the skill in main profession when you log out. If you have less when you log back in, there is a problem.

Do screenshots of all your skills and profession when you log in, then do screenshots again before you log off of all your skills and professions (with the mindark time).

Do this each time you come back in game.

It can seem to be fastidious to do, but at least this will prove what you say against answers like "we see nothing odd in our logs"...

If you notice lost skills each time you log in & off... there's a huge problem there, as we paied (with REAL money) for those skills... so when MA is answering "it can happens sometimes", that's a bit easy for an answer...

On last vu 10.9.1, the "MISS" message appeared as a real feature (when MA pretended for more than 6 years that shot misses were due to the lag, or to our computers, or our graphic card, or...(many support cases answered this way)... we knew it was not, but anyway...).
hmmm, we are not blind, no need to writte it in CAPS... in same time, if you could bring back the sound when we do critical hits or receive critical damages would be nice...

It is clear for me that this MISS feature appeared with the soon comming of new huge investors dealing with new planets.
Those investors, who are professional virtual game makers, will not believe that misses can be related to lag or other virtual/incredible reasons, and i bet they would not really appreciate to see new support cases about people complaining for strange increase of missing shots/hits.

I think we need more accurate personnal chat logs now, to show and to prove in the case of lost skills that we really had the skill we refer to before MA states that they see nothing odd in their logs and close new support cases we would do.
Btw, the saved chat log should not be an option to check yes or no, but something saved on your HDD without beeing an option.
All those datas are saved on mindark's logs, so why not us ?

Add :

New ranks and new professions ;

You have gained a new rank in Perception! (Proficient).

Congratulations! You've reached Level 19 in the Brawler (Hit) profession.

New Health Points :

You have gained additional Health! (127)

Buys & Repairs :
To avoid troubles from people buying and repairing items, the value in PEDs should be displayed in the chat (and for sure saved in the chat log), once again, this in the pure idea to protect the players and avoid support cases that end nowhere...

Attributes :
Attributes since a while are not updated while you play, ONLY after next relog.
If you lost skills, for sure you'll lose attributes without beeing able to prove it.

Loots :

Before, we used to see what we looted in the chat (not ONLY when in teams), and the value in PED for all items looted, this have been removed, bring it back.
A good way for us to see when we loot something, and when we loot nothing (this creature didn't carry any loot).
...and track and do stats checking the logs.

Hey all,

After i read this thread get curious about this and so i made some tests(yet not conclusives)...

Its really based on time after the skill gain ,
all skills i gained and logged out before 15 minutes was lost.

All skills gained and waited 30 minutes before log off stayed.

So i would say the server takes a minimun of 20 minutes to save all changes on it.
if someone could try this too i would apreciate it...

Obs: Chaging Continents dont helped to Keep the skills

Hey all,

After i read this thread get curious about this and so i made some tests(yet not conclusives)...

Its really based on time after the skill gain ,
all skills i gained and logged out before 15 minutes was lost.

All skills gained and waited 30 minutes before log off stayed.

So i would say the server takes a minimun of 20 minutes to save all changes on it.
if someone could try this too i would apreciate it...

Obs: Chaging Continents dont helped to Keep the skills

Ok then lets say you hunt 4 ours and you get outlogged one you relog once because off the lag and in the end you stop to play you log off then you have lost about 1 uors off skilling.:scratch2:

Changing server may force faster saving.
Also forcing server sync maybe help ( puting things in storage and out and waiting 2 minit )

Sounds like a job for the Community Manager to get us word from FPC/MA on this...

Classic MA practice. If it were them losing something boy-o-boy they'd have it fixed before you could say "pass the lube".

Anyone knows what is the maximum amount you can lose in one go or what can one do to avoid losing skills at log out?

Really?? This isn't an early April's fools?

Never noticed it myself but I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. Would be good if people posted some data on this.

This is a KNOWN issue? Who knew about it? lol.

Seriously, if this is the case, then that's some terrible programming. As soon as you hit log out it should save your character and all information. I find it hard to believe that they can create a loot system complicated enough that people haven't figured it out, but they can't figure out how to save before you log out...

This is a KNOWN issue? Who knew about it? lol.

Seriously, if this is the case, then that's some terrible programming. As soon as you hit log out it should save your character and all information. I find it hard to believe that they can create a loot system complicated enough that people haven't figured it out, but they can't figure out how to save before you log out...

The programming is probably so terrible.. that is why we can't figure out the loot system... :laugh:

Seriously, if this is the case, then that's some terrible programming.

Nothing new!
MA programmers are terrible, or have you another idea why we don´t have all missing content back, and why we have all those bugs in the game?

Hrmm maybe Im not so mad having to take 20 + minutes putting things into the crappy storage system after a run after all.

I had noticed before when scanning skills regularly that some skills would lose a point or two but I always chalked that up to the OCR function miss reading certain numbers.

Maybe that screen shot idea is a good one as I can look at the length of the progress bars since I may not be losing whole points.

This could explain taking a friggin month to get atrib gains that are in the last few dots of a new point as well.

Anyway This sounds like a standard MA practice.. if it costs them its an insta fix.. If it costs us well hey call it a new feature till someone pushes more then 500 people into seeing the truth.

Holy skilldrop Batman!

:confused::mad:

I truly hope that someone's only pulling our legs collectively...

I had only noticed this on server crash, in that case you lose skills gained for a time before you saved but get your decay back and keep your loot. I have not noticed it on a normal logout, but I will test it. For those of you testing check your decay on armor and weapons/amps as well and see if you get it back at the same time you lose skills.

Back