Do you think Crit Hits have been nerfed?

Do you think Crit Hits have been nerfed?

• Yes

Votes: 67 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I use a Koss H400(L) with a 104 amp which gives me 51 HP. I don't know how many I have used but considerable, in the 100s I am sure. Anyway for what ever reason when I hear the crit hit bell I always look over to see how big it was, just a habit of mine.

Anyway I don't think I ever remember having a crit hit below 60 and for the most part at least 80 and on up to 102(maybe 2 or 3 time on the 102). Today I got a crit hit of 53.4 and a number of ones in the 50s and numerous ones in the low 60s. I believe that I had more in the 50s and 60s today and yesteresday than I have had all the time I have been using the H400.

Maybe it is just me, but if you are experencing the same thing vote yes so I know it is not just me.

Peace.

It was proven earlier Crits now do 2x Dmg instead of Dmg+Max Dmg.

So yes, they have been nerfed.

(can't find the thread where it was discussed)

I think i saw crits unamped at 100+ using korrs 400 yesterday when i was hunting .
I will have a look later today , and take a screen ofcourse

Yep, I've seen it too - my electric IV chip was crit for a whopping 39.5 dmg today. Weeee!

OK, I admit we usually give more crits than we receive, so we are more nerved than mobs, but at the end, since all players are nerfed the same, it does not change our relative eco/power etc... ;)

I am not sure what you mean. It sounds like you are saying there is a competition among players. I don't think that is the case, IMO it is all of us against the mobs. If we lose hit points then we all lose and the mobs win. I am not competing against other players (not counting pvp) I am competing against the mobs to get loot. Guess who else wins if it takes us more ammo and hence more decay to kill mob.
I am not ragging you, just my thoughts.
Peace.

as it's been changed and lowered yes it's clearly a nerf, but i'd more call it a correction in balance though.

as it's been changed and lowered yes it's clearly a nerf, but i'd more call it a correction in balance though.

I wonder why the balancing seems to always be in MA's favor. I have only been playing about 2 and a half years and I have yet to see anything that balances in the players favor. I have seen mobs (Like Feffs) get a bunch more hit points but I have yet to see a mob get less hit points, I may have missed it and if anyone knows enlighten me, please. I know than when I first started I was getting about 100 gbls and hofs a month (you can check ET to confirm that) now I am lucky to get 30 or 40 a month and I think I am hunting more now than I did then.
Just my 2 cents on balancing.
Peace.

I wonder why the balancing seems to always be in MA's favor. I have only been playing about 2 and a half years and I have yet to see anything that balances in the players favor. I have seen mobs (Like Feffs) get a bunch more hit points but I have yet to see a mob get less hit points, I may have missed it and if anyone knows enlighten me, please. I know than when I first started I was getting about 100 gbls and hofs a month (you can check ET to confirm that) now I am lucky to get 30 or 40 a month and I think I am hunting more now than I did then.
Peace.

u so rigth dude :)

Peace.

haha totally true, but i guess it's because ma might need more money perhaps, but then again they could have balanced the loot aswell without us knowing. And they have balanced the mob critrate aswell actually.

i have been doing a lot of pvp lately and i have noticed a increase in crits...

Peace.

you missed nothing... because there was nothing to miss.

Check the crit (top arrow) vs the indicated normal hits.

You get more crits to compensate now, so stop complaining.

Have seen the same thing with my p5a+106. I always look how big th crit is and now they are lower.

Since a crit is now 2x the damage instead of the damage you do + max damage of the weapon, it's possible that when you do a minimum damage hit that turns into a crit. With a weapon that has 30.0 - 80.0 damage range (unmaxed UL weapon for example) You can do a crit with 2x 31 (low dmg hit) = 62 damage.
Which is lower than your max damage on the gun!

And I think the crits are better this way to be honest, I never understood why it would do damage+max damage instead of just 2x the damage you do!
Yes, overall the damage is lower, but I've seen more crits to compensate for this, roughly getting to the same result as it was before.

This also means that you will get killed quite a bit less by creatures critting you! :yay:

crit enhancers might be a reason to rebalance so using them gets you +- what the crits gave before in average. Old style playing is now less.

Just an idea ...

Hmmm, I have read in some other thread that the Mobs crits have been nerfed as well...

Yes the mob crits are also 2x damage now just like with the weapons.

But i have a feeling they sneaked in another nerf.
I was hunting Hogglo yesterday and in the same run i have almost 50% more armor/FAP decay then in the last months in a comparable run. I have a feeling they manage to hit me more then they used to. I would not be surprised if the minimum level on which mobs start missing was upped a bit. I will be testing it over the next couple of days to see if the numbers are consistent.

Cheers
Siam

But i have a feeling they sneaked in another nerf.
I was hunting Hogglo yesterday and in the same run i have almost 50% more armor/FAP decay then in the last months in a comparable run. I have a feeling they manage to hit me more then they used to. I would not be surprised if the minimum level on which mobs start missing was upped a bit. I will be testing it over the next couple of days to see if the numbers are consistent.

Cheers
Siam

I hunted falx yesterday and it was unbelievably easy (they barely hit me)

It "feels" like (I have to do some tests) the mob vs evader hit algorithm has been rebalanced, or those evader/dodger requirements are changed

So for some mobs it's harder (like your hogglo) and for others it's easier.

I'll need to do some full tests on my usual mob range, but it'll take a while (hunting sucks atm :p)

Hehe, sure you do, but I don't.
Peace.
Show us your chat.txt pre vu 11.2 and now, then we can have an intelligent debate about it

I hunted falx yesterday and it was unbelievably easy (they barely hit me)

It "feels" like (I have to do some tests) the mob vs evader hit algorithm has been rebalanced, or those evader/dodger requirements are changed

So for some mobs it's harder (like your hogglo) and for others it's easier.

I'll need to do some full tests on my usual mob range, but it'll take a while (hunting sucks atm :p)

Show us your chat.txt pre vu 11.2 and now, then we can have an intelligent debate about it

Sorry to reply so late but I have not been on much. In reply to your statement, You first.
Peace.

Sorry to reply so late but I have not been on much. In reply to your statement, You first.
Peace.

Pfft, you can find my analysis in multiple threads.

Keep trolling (and quitting).

A quote from one of your threads:

we know this as we now get criticals hits lower than max_dmg, whereas before VU 11.2, critical hits would always be higher

1. The min damage of a weapon is one half of the full damage, i.e. a weapon that does 60 max dmg will have a min dmg of 30.

2. No matter what, that weapon can not do less dmg that 30 and consequently if that value is doubled then it could not do less that 60 dmg.

3. A hit of 60 dmg would never be considered a crit-hit as it is in the normal range of the dmg by the weapon.

Now I am wondering where you get your data and how what you say could be true. I did have a crit-hit of 51.1 on a Koss 400 with a A104 attached which would give a max-dmg of 51.

I did do a search for your threads and after reading this one I stopped there as I don't think this is valid, ergo I could not trust any of your further data.

You may feel the need to defend yourself and feel free to do so but I doubt that I will respond as I am not sure you can be confused with facts.

Peace.

1. The min damage of a weapon is one half of the full damage, i.e. a weapon that does 60 max dmg will have a min dmg of 30.

If you're not maxed on the weapon then the minimum damage is less than half of the max damage, and in that situation crits could be less than the max with the new system.

Though apparently the old system has now returned anyway.

If you're not maxed on the weapon then the minimum damage is less than half of the max damage, and in that situation crits could be less than the max with the new system.

you mean crits are working like before change ?

Agreed but I do not think a test would be valid without being maxed on a weapon. I should have memtioned that as it did enter my mind but I would have thought that his tests would be with maxed weapons and if they were not he should have indicated that is was not. Anyway I still think all of his data is suspect.
Peace.

Back