TIERING - Is It Worth It? - (Feedback Thread)

Status

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
It's that time again to get the pulse of the community.

As I did with my Vehicles article in the launch issue of the EntropiaTimes magazine, I now want to solicit feedback from the community regarding the tiering system.

There are certainly comments all over the forums in different threads, but I would like to get a collective offering in this thread with contributors responding to the following questions. As with the vehicles article, your comments, and/or any photos offered to identify specifics (which would be nice to have if available) may be used in the tiering article (with full credit) which will be published in the December issue of the EntropiaTimes magazine. Taking time to participate in this feedback is appreciated.

Side Note ... this thread will also appear at the EntropiaPlanets forum, so please do not respond at both places - thank you!

THIS THREAD WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR CONTRIBUTIONS UNTIL 23:59 GAME TIME - WED - NOV 3RD

Copy and paste (do not quote) the following questions
into a new post and respond after each question.

(read each question through first for specifics so that you are not duplicating information)

========================================

1 - What were your initial thoughts when the tiering system was first introduced?

2 - What would you consider to be the POSITIVE side of tiering?

3 - What would you consider to be the NEGATIVE side of tiering?

4 - Is there anything you would do different to make the tiering system more efficient?

5 - Have you had an item tiered? - If so, what item(s), and what were your experiences/benefits?

6 - Do you provide a tiering service? - If so, how is it working for you, and what is your rate of success?

7 - Overall, how would you rate the tiering system on a scale of 1-10, and why?

8 - Do you give permission to use your comments in a magazine article?

9 - Do you give permission to use any photos submitted in a magazine article?

Thank you in advance to those who take the time to participate in this feedback effort.
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
1 - What were your initial thoughts when the tiering system was first introduced?

Russian Roulette. :hammer:
VU 11.4 No longer Russian Roulette, more a way of improving an item you use a lot whether it is a fap, mining tool, weapon or armor.

Can improve the stats on your unlimited item with enhancers, something only previously possible with amps on firearms and mining finders (I think?)

Watching the secondary (lent or bought) item go up in smoke :cussing:
VU 11.4 No longer any negatives.

4 - Is there anything you would do different to make the tiering system more efficient?

Introduce it years ago - so expensive items lost, could have a chance to re-looted but hindisight is like that. ;)
VU 11.4 They've improved it so all can benefit.

5 - Have you had an item tiered? - If so, what item(s), and what were your experiences/benefits?

Considered it, then saw too many threads about expensive items going *poof*
VU 11.4 Haven't yet but probably will now that secondary item removed.

6 - Do you provide a tiering service? - If so, how is it working for you, and what is your rate of success?

Nope.
VU 11.4 - Not sure how the changes will alter those who do. No risk of secondary item loss now, but that
may encourage more tiering use, and those with the skills will still be in demand for the later tiers where the %
chance of success is lower.

I'll give it a 6 because it seems fairly popular.
VU 11.4 I'll give it an 8 now.

Certainly. :)

I consider any pic I upload to EF / PCF public domain. :)

Last edited:
Teary

1. Much needed depth, potential risk seemed prohibitive/unnecessary.
2. Stimulates market spending, allows players to differentiate themselves.
3. Uncertainty (MA Modus Operandi even in all things new)
4. Improve skill gain, were not all Auktuma (God bless his l'il soul) ie make it an affordable pursuit.
5. Tiered a few tier 1's, would do more but hassle getting 2nd item.
6. N/A, personal tiering has been limited but usable.
7. 7/10, 8/10 when they introduce unlimited enhancers and more weapon speed enhancers.
8. Sure.
9. NA
:)

1. Much needed depth, potential risk seemed prohibitive/unnecessary.
2. Stimulates market spending, allows players to differentiate themselves.
3. Uncertainty (MA Modus Operandi even in all things new)
4. Improve skill gain, were not all Auktuma (God bless his l'il soul) ie make it an affordable pursuit.
5. Tiered a few tier 1's, would do more but hassle getting 2nd item.
6. N/A, personal tiering has been limited but usable.
7. 7/10, 8/10 when they introduce unlimited enhancers and more weapon speed enhancers.
8. Sure.
9. NA
:)

Would you be kind enough to copy the questions into your post and respond in that manner as asked Hon ... it makes it a lot easier for me when I'm collecting the information for the article. Thank you very much! :)

[/CENTER]

I'm thinking mostly of the price of Blazaars at the time... was fun to hunt merp and get a guaranteed profit... I was a bit taken aback at the need for a second item... I thought the substitute would be lootable soon and the price would come down...

Dps for events... ability for mid level players to keep up with more "uber" types...

I don't like the random number of uses thing, and
I see new players wasting their ped paying markup on enhancers for opollos... little benefit, and they could be using that ped getting hooked on the game.

replacements for UL items are a MUST, and tiering is too slow past level 1 on normal items.

tiered some noob stuff and my shogun set for the heck of it... haven't used the slots... a friend gave me some accuracy enhancers to use on my apis, extra crits were nice, but not enough to buy them:)

no

3... some benefit, but really doesn't seem well developed or thought out.

of course:)

I don't think i'll be submitting any

========================================​

Tiering was already in place when I started. When I read of it I thought it seemed cool to be able to improve and customise the capability of your gear.

I like activities that give skill gain and more opportunities for niche services. It also gives you more decisions in hunting or other activities.

Firstly the only value in tiering lower end items is for skill gain because the cost of enhancing does not match the benefits delivered.
Secondly its crazy that you need a second item of the type being tiered and that item is at risk. It makes no sense from a flavour point of view and acts as a super disincentive to tier the rarer or more expensive items.
Combine those two and it doesn't really make sense to teir low end items or higher end items.

Remove the requirement for a second item of the same time.
See if there is some way to make use of enhancers cost effective on lower end items

I have only done my own tiering - pixie and settler armour, opalo. Mainly for the skill gain. If I skill up my professions to make use of higher end items worth while I would definately consider paying a tiering service. Would need to carefully consider the risk of loss of the second item though.

No.

4/10. Its a really nice idea but there are too many disincentives for the sensible player either in the form of low value outcomes or high risk.

Sure

Sure

KikkiJikki

==============================================

Think it's a good idea that could add to the economy by adding value to otherwise tt priced items.

Gaining a better item without having to purchase a new or more expensive one.

The use of a second item in the tiering process!!

Other then the removal of the second item in the tiering process, I think it was done very well.

I have tiered my own matter driller 102 to tier one. I was a lucky one and was able to tier it on the first try! I don't see much benifit so far as my increased speed is not much of a difference.

No not atm.

A solid 7/10. It would be a 10/10 with the removal of the second item.

Yes!

Yes!
============================================

Last edited:
I thought it would be awesome, and fantasized we would have a whole new system to develop, and be able to tier our items to tier 10 with enough dedication and a few spare peds.

Higher dps, higher eco if used properly, something novel for each weapon. Prevents item theft (if you know all your TIRs). High fap eco/heal per sec is a great addition

• Pvp was completely ruined. Being dedicated to EU used to give an advantage in pvp. Now all you need is a fat wallet. In fact, you don't even need a fat wallet, as high TIR weapons are extremely cheap.
  • Enhancers are too expensive. Past Tier 2, they are widely unavailable and expensive to craft.
  • A lot of enhancers don't even get used. Limited application to items that have duplicates.
  • Mining finder enhancers almost have no use, due to the items required to craft them. Crafters will craft depth enhancers at a loss, and they are still inefficient and unnecessary.
  • There is no sane way to rationalize tiering in some cases e.g. armor parts that have high markup - you will never recoup the cost of the tiering process. A lot of the tiering system is like this: pure novelty. That doesn't score points.
Add more reward for the risk. Some people are paying 12k for one tier - this can increase dps, but you hit the limit here because the enhancers start breaking too often.

Yes. My sword, Dragons Breath. It's great to hunt with increased dps, and not have to sell+buy a new weapon just to do that. It makes those high health regen mobs just that much easier. Also you cna get more hunting done in less time.

Used to, but there was no demand.

3/10
There isn't enough reward for risk at the moment. For weapons, damage enhancers break too frequently, making higher level tiers very expensive to use on weapons. A lot of enhancers are unused because they are impractical and/or overly expensive due to markup. Pvp was ruined. Tier system gets 3/10 because of fap eco/heal enhancers, damage enhancers. Everything else can be classified as impractical or novelty.

In context, yes.

Virtual ones, I guess :p

Thank you for the replies so far ... this is exactly what I need, and it's appreciated. Maybe someone could also give a bullet point list of how it works along with what items can be tiered. I'm thinking of doing a separate boxed list in the magazine, if this is something that's workable. Are there any photos that would fit into this scenario as well? That would also be awesome. Thanks! :D

Tiering sounded like a good idea if the costs weren't too high. The idea of having a Maddox IV with 10 damage enhancers was a very fun fantasy.

Increased DPS or improved economy for weapons.

Expense, risk, unpredictable nature of tier numbers on UL items. Expense in crafting or buying enhancers compounded by erratic failure rates. Risk of losing second item.

Not sure if anyone totally understands the process completely but definitely reduce risk by not requiring the second item on UL items.

Yes.

Unlimited

• Sollomate Opalo - tier 1
  • Maddox IV - tier 2
  • EWE EP-41 Military - tier 2
  • Starkhov AS-147 - tier 4
  • Katsuichi Determination - tier 1
  • ClericDagger 3C - tier 1
  • OreFinder OF-105 tier - 1

Lost - Marber Foxtrot-Type Plasma Annihilator Mentor Ed.

Limited

• GeoTrek LP485 Apis (L)
  • Isis BL1300 (L)
  • Isis CB24 (L)
  • Hedoc SK-50 (L) Adjusted

Generally the items were not terribly expensive but risk of loss made the decision difficult. Many times of filling the tier window with all the required materials and second item with cursor hovering over the do it button only to press cancel after a sudden panic attack. Tiering the AS-147 to tier 1 and 2 was not a problem. Tier 3 was hired out and I threw up in my trash can when I saw the flash and display that it had either failed or was successful. Tier 4 took me many weeks of wanting to and contacting several experienced crafters to do it for me but ended up doing it myself. Trash can came in handy again even though it was successful.

Love the additional damage the weapons do when full of damage enhancers.

Losing the Marber was sad and pretty much ruined the experience.

No. But I do have several weapons that I offer as second item for people tiering. Also have loaned some of my Martial SGA parts for this purpose.

4. I don't particularly like throwing up.

Yes

Yes

Finally a way to amp melee; how naive I was :(

more versatility; add range or dmg or eco enhancers to switch the use of your item for different gameplay styles

the loss of the secondary item! Not so much the loss of an item is the problem as well as that people use Tiering to send rare uber items down the tiering drain of 2%. Avery ran one (if not THE) most used tiering services and the 2% drain is real. And worse at higher Tiers.

I believe that loosing an uber item during tiering deprives the community of a chance to ever own such an item, and therefore it's fundamentally the wrong thing to do.

Until I see a dated sceenshot with an SGA item looted recently, I do not buy MA stating that items lost in Tiering return in the loot pool.

get broader use for the enhancers; only a few ones are really worth using now. And crafting them is too costly.

Yes, I tiered common items that are looted regularly. Benefits are marginally. Tiering is expensive.

Not openly, I do low level clicks and that works as the percentages indicate.

if one is worst, then it's a 1. Due to bullet number 3.

sure

NA

/Slupor

My first thought was: "that there must be a catch", I realized where when I learned about second item needed and that it can be lost in process.
I was convinced that MA want to introduce more Limited items by 'taking away' UnL existing ones.

Improving item's statistics is very nice option.
Another positive side is new profession and possibilities of making new service.

- Possibility to lose high MU item makes it really tough to tier up. Some very rare or unique items are not possible to tier up, even for those with fat wallet, due to impossibility to find second item for tiering.
- On the other hand, tiering up low end items is not very beneficial due to high tt+MU of enhancers.
- Random enhancers' durability. This is really annoying to not being able to know exact cost of using enhancers. How can you calculate impact of Eco enhancers?
- It's a bit disappointing that only weapon enhancers increase stats by 10% each.

I would be more willing to tier up some of my items if there would be a bit higher price, e.g. more resources needed, but second item would be not at risk.

Also 'transferring' tiers would be interesting - being able to transfer tier from one item to another of the same type. For example on three Oplalos there is tier 1, you can transfer tier 1 from two of them to get tier 2 on third one, or some other ratio.

I have few items tiered, all are low end items.
- Opalo
- Gremlin Armor
- Ghost Armor

All was tiered free of charge, just with donation, thanks to Auktuma's tiering service - ACTUS.

I do not use enhancers of any of this items, due to too high cost and not big gain, so no real benefits here.

No, I don't.

1 [very bad] - 5.5 [don't have opinion] - 10 [very good]

In my opinion it's 5/10 - mostly due too high cost [losing second item, enhancers tt+MU and durability], this only will create bigger gap between rich and poorer in this game.

Yes, if any will be helpful.

N/A

1. Initial thoughts

I thinked it will be like in other games bestowning your weapon. Bestowning usualy cost a lot with litle risk but once done change is permanent with no other expenses.
I hoped will be able to improve shortblade 10 with damage and biger TT or much lower decay. Same for gun and MF chips.
I thinked that MA is great by giving us possibility to get same efficiency on old UL weappons by easy enchancing as they had before MA did all nerfs on mobs hp ups and faster regeneration rates.
I hoped will be able to improve faps with a lot higher healing rate and with double heal effect on click.
I thinked geting mats for tiering will be fast and easy.
I hoped we will be able to enchance clothes to add them protection.

2. Positive

Positive side is in fact that sytem let ppl dream and hope in better gameplay or success by using tiering.
Opened doors for new wanabe PK4 ers with tier 10 gear - ppl deposit at least for that.

3. Negative

Negative side is that tiering do not change your item stats. You take expensive big risk only to be able to loose more in long term by using enchancers wich have unknown decay rate.
Enchancers as consumables are like aditional tax of fee on already paid tiering proces.
Risking additional same item in tiering is also problem.
Where is promissed dummy item as second tiering item ?
Killed PK system . no dueling, no fighting - is yust mater of who shoot first for many average players ( tiered weapons do 200 or 250+ damage per shoot )
At first implemetation of tiering mats were badly unbalanced making many ppl to loose a lot just to try it. ( no fragments or to expensive, some mats only in pvp4 so also too expensive)
With tiering system MA is telling us that all ul old gear will become obsolete sooner or later because evry new mob will be stronger and old mobs are already changed with biger hp and higher regen rate. We are or we will be forced to use enchanced biger (L) gear sp porobably more expensive.
If one decided to tier a toy - small gun or tool - he dont know what expenses will have.
Is not same geting up item from 0,0 to 0,9 - easy but later on let say 3,0 to 3,9 a lot harder.
Same go for tiering - opening slot lvl 1 with chances aprox 50% suces and 95% to not loose second item but lvl 2 is already 40% and 90% and so on lol.
MA didnt tell that tiering dificulty is not linear but going probably exponetial for each lvl regardles of tiering numbers ( wich are for all UL items wery low ) so probably we will not see tier 10 UL item so soon and one who will do it will regreet it.
It was fast earning for few, dreams and piss off for many.
Enchancers have too samll efect, unpredicable decay and additional decay efect on gun.
UL items shud unlock automaticaly as (L) ones with cheap enchancers.
Even better UL items shut change stats with tiering proces and without any further use of enchancers.
Exept for few mining tools i feel this system is only for pkers and to force ppl to use(L) items.

4. Making tiering system more efficient

Hard in game with UL and (L) items. Only MA can do tiering system more efficient.
But lets laught a litle.
Lovering skill level necesity , adding dummy secondary item in game, removing enchancers for UL items wich shud change stats in better during tiering proces.

5. Item tiered

Im always curious so i tiered several items. All are small ones with no point to tier up -toys like oplalo SGA lvl 3, fap50 SGA lvl 3 and working on M2201A1.
On all that im already litle pissed cos of difficulty to go up.
Ofc im not mad enought to try imp or such regardles i have some skills.

6. tiering service

No.

7. rate and why

rate 1
It not improve enought our items , instead of that make more decay and big risk to loose secondary items. Enchancers shud have biger effect on item efficiency or be removed at all for UL items and let UL items chnange stats with tiering. Some enchancers do not exist - like higher healing rate.
High risk to loose ul items and no prof to get lootet them back in game.
Just another mettod to force ppl to use (L) iems.

8. Make others laught in magasine

No. Too negative.
Let ppl try, deposit and decide by themselfs.

9. photos

No.

Last edited:
8. Make others laught in magasine

No. Too negative.
Let ppl try, deposit and decide by themselfs.

You didn't copy the questions as they are ... so what does the above mean? #8 was asking if you give permission to use your comments in the magazine article ... are you saying no? Just for the record ... I'm looking for honest input, I'm not reporting just the positive stuff. I think it's important that the voice of the community be heard and exactly how we're affected by systems that have an effect on our game play. If something is written that makes us laugh in the process, then that's what it is. ;) If you read my vehicles article in the launch issue, you'll see that I put some pretty humorous comments from community members in there. :D

You didn't copy the questions as they are ... so what does the above mean? #8 was asking if you give permission to use your comments in the magazine article ... are you saying no? Just for the record ... I'm looking for honest input, I'm not reporting just the positive stuff. I think it's important that the voice of the community be heard and exactly how we're affected by systems that have an effect on our game play. If something is written that makes us laugh in the process, then that's what it is. ;) If you read my vehicles article in the launch issue, you'll see that I put some pretty humorous comments from community members in there. :D

Yes if you find it usefull but as my english is not native change it as necesary.

a ped grab, nice idea but poorly implemented, announced and introduced.

post update tiering now doesn't even help lessen the gulf between the uber and low/mid level player

nope can't think of anything right now that wouldn't be better than using a bigger gun / armor / tool.

need a second item on UL items and the L items get their max tier when they break :scratch2:

The UL items tiering was supposed to remove now won't be. The UL uber items now became even more powerful compared to the lower ones.

no second item requirement on UL items and no loss of item (yeah like thats going to happen). The L items should loose tiers as their tt value decreases i.e. tier 10 at max tt and no tiers near breaking point.

ok finally the second item requirement is removed

no

no

1 its poorly implemented, poorly announced has random decay :rolleyes: and what happened to the replacement item Marco said would be introduced or was that just to placate a pissed off playerbase? It only benefits the players who can afford the enhancers.
Well, if you happen to stumble upon an Upgrade Replicator, I'd suggest you don't TT it. ,-)

Was it introduced?

2 as we can now tier all our items up but it doesn't allow us to catch the ubers players, it makes the situation worse because they'll have tier 10 weaponry, armor and faps within weeks how the hell are we supposed to compete with that?

yes

photos?

The tiering system needed changing but I'm not sure they even have a clue what they've just done. They've allowed the powerful to become even more powerful and this only will widen the gulf between then player levels. The high tier enhancers will continue to be costly and affordable only by the top echelons of the playerbase. PVP will become even more deserted and LG will become even more one sided.

Last edited:

Yes if you find it usefull but as my english is not native change it as necesary.

Thank Hon, I appreciate the response, and ... there are definitely those whose native language is not English, but with quoting anything in the articles, I keep quotes as is and only edit spelling and maybe grammar tense if needed. I think it's important that the true flavor of what someone is sharing comes across. I didn't have an issue in the vehicles article, and I see no issue with this one as well. ;) However, if something is said that is not constructively presented, I might reword it a bit so that the same message comes across, rather than not using it altogether, and instead of putting it in quotes, I'll just write ... according to (whomever I'm quoting), blah, blah, blah. The feedback is still presented with the message the person wants to get across.

To SpikeBlack ... yes photos :D ... Mega gave me some links where I can find some that might work for the article ... especially since we are showcasing ROCKtropia for the December issue.

Last edited:

> Great, a way to keep up with the (L) weapons, but what a nasty requirement for the need of a second item as an ingredient.

> Obviously better specs for your items, not only the option to buy bigger gear or skill a lot to be able to use something more advanced.

> Possibility to lose an item, the fear of enhancers breaking, also that loads of skills are needed to get the best success rates, in a way forcing you to let others do it for you.

> Well we have nothing to say about it but the replicators Marco once hinted towards would be nice, of course they would have to come in seperate categories so a rep for a modfap would be different than one that only qualifies for weapons such as a karma killer or just an opalo even.

I can understand the game would be more unbalanced if there was a very easy way to upgrade UL items.

Also I would like the randomness of enhancer-breaking removed, to make it visible how long they will last exactly.

> Yes I've had 2 ML45's tiered and one ML35, plus an SGA opalo.

The 45's are great for PK with the 10% raw extra power of the gun, especially against tiered armors. Pitty I don't like PK, but I carried one for self defense until recently.

The 35 tiered is great for hunting if you want to try kill mobs before they reach you. Extra firepower on 140m range is a blessing.

The SGA opalo I believe it's useless to tier it, but it's the thought I like anyways lol.

> No, I lack the skills for such a service plus I wouldn't want to take such risks. Even when it's the risk of the one that wants it tiered I'd feel really sick about it if it went wrong.

I was the first to tier an ML-35 to tier 1 successfully, it was great and it didn't seem a big deal, however that changed when I made an attempt to get it to tier 2, in which I failed.
Guess in a way it was a tiering service gone bad for myself lol, but I still had 2 ML-35's left at that time, so it wasn't the end of the world, "just" a 13k PED loss at the time. It cured me from tiering big things myself.

> 3.5 as there's huge risks involved for just 5-10% advantage per tier depending on the item getting tiered and even after that we need to buy new enhancers once in a while.

> Sure.

> If you can find them sure.

To SpikeBlack ... yes photos :D ... Mega gave me some links where I can find some that might work for the article ... especially since we are showcasing ROCKtropia for the December issue.

Glad you liked the thread,

Planet Calypso Discussion/Items/Upgrades forum has loads of threads - some may well have some good pics if you need some more.

I do recall some "achievement" threads in the past months where people even put up their failures, some even with Youtube vids of where expensive items were lost, but that'd take a fair bit of digging - obviously easier if the threadstarter would post here. :)

No it wasn't. Unique items are stuck at 0.9 forever and ever.

I didn't think it was but seeing as I've been more active on EF / PCF than in game I couldn't be sure ;)

Would you be kind enough to copy the questions into your post and respond in that manner as asked Hon ... it makes it a lot easier for me when I'm collecting the information for the article. Thank you very much! :)

Q1 - What were your initial thoughts when the tiering system was first introduced?
A. Much needed depth, potential risk seemed prohibitive/unnecessary.

Q2 - What would you consider to be the POSITIVE side of tiering?
A. Stimulates market spending, allows players to differentiate themselves.

Q3 - What would you consider to be the NEGATIVE side of tiering?
A. Uncertainty (MA Modus Operandi even in all things new)

Q4 - Is there anything you would do different to make the tiering system more efficient?
A. Improve skill gain, were not all Auktuma (God bless his l'il soul) ie make it an affordable pursuit.

Q5 - Have you had an item tiered? - If so, what item(s), and what were your experiences/benefits?
A. Tiered a few tier 1's, would do more but hassle getting 2nd item.

Q6 - Do you provide a tiering service? - If so, how is it working for you, and what is your rate of success?
A. N/A, personal tiering has been limited but usable.

Q7 - Overall, how would you rate the tiering system on a scale of 1-10, and why?
A. 7/10, 8/10 when they introduce unlimited enhancers and more weapon speed enhancers.

Q8 - Do you give permission to use your comments in a magazine article?
A. Sure.

Q9 - Do you give permission to use any photos submitted in a magazine article?
A. NA

There you go, got rid of the pesky list format...dunno what I was thinking:scratch2: S'pose it's best if you delete the repetitive text after we've put them in...calm the mind before you cross reference the responses. Men huh? :ahh:

No it wasn't. Unique items are stuck at 0.9 forever and ever.

Are you sure? Ter got an item handed out in August 2008 and afaik it is not public knowledge what it is or does.

So you can't rule out the possibility that Warants soc holds a replicator and Neomaven is carrying a tier 10 Terminator.... but I have to admit it's a long shot (pun intended) :silly2:

/Slupor

Was thinking in the directions off amps.

I use a kilic vass Tier2 and with the tiering system i can add enchancer and remove them. Bit like you can do with amps on range weapons. Before the tiering system it was not possible to change the damage stats off your melee weapon.

You can loose big if you wanna tier a rare weapon. But this is also positive if the lost weapon is returned in the lootpool.

4- Is there anything you would do different to make the tiering system more efficient?

Seems like a good system

Tiered my shogun armor and my opalo sga. No second items lost so far. Did the tiering for the skills and to know how the system works. No benefits so far.

Don't provide tiering service. ( and never will :)

8/10
It's a good manner to improve melee weapons and a maner to reintroduce some rare weapons back to the loot pool

Sure

Sure

Looking forward to the next magazine

i found the idea of weapons leveling up and ability to improve their performance with enhancers interesting, thought about something like melee amps for example, which was my profession
that lasted around as long until i found out how that tiering for unL works (lol, second embra, second whatever, and even the option to lose that one, suuure)
plus the total uselessness (imo) of enhancers for a use beyond pvp

ppl spent peds on it, may improve loot?
maybe useful for pkers
maybe i am just too uncreative here tho :)

tiering:
need of second item at unL item tiering attempt
possible item loss when attempting to tier unL stuff

enhancers:
random "disappearing" in use
general nonsense of the actual benefit-damage enhancers increase damage by 10% as well as ammo and decay, why not buy a (likely cheaper to use) bigger gun->mostly use for pkers to get some more damage per shot
prices-eco enhancers would be useful at around, uhm, 200%, not 2000% or whatever they are at atm

combination of both:
those % increases are mostly useless on low level stuff, say pixie, on the other hand thats the only real thing you can actually dare to tier up, cause one lost pixie part isn't that tough to get by again, some dunno, boar parts likely are

get rid of that second item rule for once? ^-

i tiered my embra myself because i used it to skill for the last say 3 years and i figured it would be appropriate for the sword to be the first one tiered up

doubt i get enough money paid for that with my hilariously low % :D

hm, say 3
useful for pkers and it something, hm, interesting

why not :p

err, none submitted?

"Tiers? Nice! How do they work?"

More firepower/healing/protection/etc.
Great for PK activities, events and more.
Gambling adrenaline :D
Boosts the ingame economy on all levels - miners, crafters, hunters, traders.
Provides (almost, i guess) unique code for each item (10 lines of tier factors)

Gambling.
The need to spend on secondary items.
The possibility of losing expensive/rare/limited secondary items.

No idea. That item replicator thingie? Would be quite useful when finally is introduced. Or some other type of insurance to reduce the risk for higher lvl gear.

Several small items. Was fun. Benefits - just skills and some tiering HoFs. I rarely use enhancers, most often for mining or PvP on L gear.

Nope. But i was considering using some.

Perhaps 8 points. It's good. Well reasoned. Somehow evil and masochistic tho :D

Yeah, yeah, sure.

It was allready here when i started playing the game, and i quickly saw the benefits of it

When i was a lvl 14 sniper hit noob, the only thing that allowed me to kill bigger mobs, was buying an mkII justi and tiering it up to tier 3, with an added amp and 3 dmg enhancers on it, i had the firepower to take down atrox old or allophyl dominant, not eco for sure , but it was a noob dream come through

One of the NEG things is that the MU is not included in residue return

I think it works fine,

6 of my ghost parts, a couple of punishers, justifiers and opalo to tier 3 :)

lol, i provide free opalo tiering service to tier 1 and 2, and success rate sucks badly :p

well somewhere around 8 or 9 i would say, i must say i like the MU of Tier Upgrader skills :)

ofc :)

ofc :)

Are you sure? Ter got an item handed out in August 2008 and afaik it is not public knowledge what it is or does.

So you can't rule out the possibility that Warants soc holds a replicator and Neomaven is carrying a tier 10 Terminator.... but I have to admit it's a long shot (pun intended) :silly2:

/Slupor

Well its true that few know what Ter's item is, but the instant an unique item gets tiered, it would flash up in global chat.

Maybe I should have posted that no replicator had been discovered to date. :)

Status
Back