TIERING - Is It Worth It? - (Feedback Thread)

Status
1 - What were your initial thoughts when the tiering system was first introduced?

That it was unusable for L melee weapons. They wear out so quickly that is is absurd to expect hunters to be constantly attaching extra Enhancers every few minutes.

That it would be impossible to evaluate the benefit for Mining. It's hardly possible to do any financial comparision of mining returns anyway. For Range Enhancers, it appeared the price would have to fall by a factor of 10 before they could be considered economic.

That the looting of worthless Fragments was merely to fulfil Marco's pledge to reduce the number of No Loots, without actually making any meaningful change.

1 - What were your initial thoughts when the tiering system was first introduced?

Great! This will help bridge the massive gap between the mid-level and "Uber" level players!

2 - What would you consider to be the POSITIVE side of tiering?

Allows us to use more eco, higher range, higher heal rate, etc, gear without spending the normally significant MU to step up to the next level.

3 - What would you consider to be the NEGATIVE side of tiering?

Lowers the MV of current high end UL items.

4 - Is there anything you would do different to make the tiering system more efficient?

Drop more materials for eco enhancers. At the current MU, most eco enhancers don't add much eco.

5 - Have you had an item tiered? - If so, what item(s), and what were your experiences/benefits?

Ohhh.... my baby... my Tier 4 EK-2600 which I tiered myself. Cost me alot of PED but ended up profiting in the long run.
See this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...first-Tier-4-EK-2600&highlight=Tier+4+EK-2600

6 - Do you provide a tiering service? - If so, how is it working for you, and what is your rate of success?

No I do not but I have alot of fun risking my own secondary items during a tier attempt.

7 - Overall, how would you rate the tiering system on a scale of 1-10, and why?

9 because they've covered all the bases... except the cost of eco enhancers.

8 - Do you give permission to use your comments in a magazine article?

Of course MS9

9 - Do you give permission to use any photos submitted in a magazine article?

Sure do. See my above linked thread for a photo of my tiered FAP. :)

Good Luck!

Menace

Hello World of Warcraft... will EU soon become a WoW clone?

none

It delayed the reimplementation of old features so many people would like to see.
Many people do not really care about using the system.
The enhancers add Markup to the players costs which will allways add to the loss of the player because it is not refunded by MindArk.
It completely ridiculed the PVP aspect of the game.
4 - Is there anything you would do different to make the tiering system more efficient?

Seriously just remove the system.

5 - Have you had an item tiered? - If so, what item(s), and what were your experiences/benefits?

No!

6 - Do you provide a tiering service? - If so, how is it working for you, and what is your rate of success?

No of course not.

1 (I think the developers should listen to the comunity and work on stuff which is wanted instead of a cheap copy of a WoW system)

Yes

Yes if you find any.

Thanks for the continued contributions ... your honest feedback is very much appreciated, and certainly shows the variables that differentiate between experiences. This will be another interesting article to pull together for the magazine. :)

Options are always good. More variety in Loot is double edged. Anything with markup in loot is great.

Variety, options and depth. If you don't like it, don't use it. For those that do like it, it is a chance to improve the gear they have. It created a new sub-economy

Before it was even introduced, I could hear the screams of outrage.

Do you mean effective? The second item requirement is a little irritating. Without that, I expect the system would be more used/accepted.

Yes. Did it myself. Benefits are obvious, my mining finder is now tiered.

No.

yes

yes

Fairly confused about it all at first. Then realized that over time my less powerful items could become more uber-ish.

Less peds spent overtime with a reward of a lot more powerful weapon(s) Finally a more level playing field for mid-level players without having to deposit 10's of thousand of dollars.

The 2nd item requirement and potential loss of the item.

Efficient? Well, the 'replicator' that Marco said would be coming hasn't shown up yet. I only hope that it's not just as few in game and they are widely available. It's always dis-heartening when just a few people in this community control things and overall, really not fair.

Yes- I have two guns to tier 2 now. Obvious benefits are the ability to add the enhancers or not if I want to. Also, added value of the weapons overall.
Many of the people tiering are providing a great and reasonably priced service. :)
I just had an uber item tiered to tier 1 for a friend. The person doing the tiering had a 99% success rate but it took 6 tries to get it done!!!! Does this make sense to anyone? :scratch2: Seems to me that skills aren't as effective as we are led to believe by the tiering window success rates. Guess it's 'dynamic' ... :rolleyes:

No

I rate it as 5 - Skills don't seem directly applicable to success rates and no replicator yet.

Yes

Yes but not submitting any..... ... so really N/A

Well I had mixed feelings, but was mostly positive.

Improved tools/weapons, to fight bigger mobs etc.

All enhancers takes upp to much space in inventory/storage so I had to buy handbags to carry them in:)
And ofc the chance of loosing second item.
It sux when a enhancer break after first use:)

I wish we could buy the replicator from TT, I don't mind if it cost several hundred peds as long as I could tier up my bigger UL guns.

I have so many items tiered, best ones is Starkhov AS129 tier 2, Marber foxtrot ME tier 2 and OF-105 tier 3.

Not really a service, I can do it for soc members if they ask.

6, would have been higher if we had replicator from TT and enhancers that don't break after just few uses.

Yes.

Yes.

Edit: I dident change my above answers though tiering changed.
Additional info on new tiering system:

Well I was surprised they actually changed it.
This is the way it should have been in the first place, no risk loosing any item.
It has some good side effect to, many people diden't took the risk tiering, afraid of loosing there valuable items, now they do it and get the wheels spinning in the economy, markup on ingredients raises, tier components, lyst etc isn't just TT food now.
Of course this will level out over time.
Overall I am happy for the change

/Chris

Last edited:

Really excited. I can see how it would benefit MA, but also the player as well.

Being able to modify an item giving the player a better item to use even without purchasing an expensive item or
one that requires a high skill level to use.

The inconsistencies in the decay of enhancers and tier rates. I have a set of Bear M (L) Footguards that is
rated 13 to get to Tier 1. While still trying to skill my fap EK-2600 to 2.9 from 2.8 I have spent approx.
approx. 300 ped(probably more) and it hasn't moved ( it is rated at 127 to tier 3), but my foot guards went from .5 to .7 level (forgot I had them on! :laugh:). That isn't right!:mad:

Better balancing of Tier rates and enhancer decay rates. They must be more consistent.

Yes. I've tiered my EK2600 Fap (better heals per second), my weapons (better damage & economy), mining gear (better range and efficiency) and armor (better protection)

No, have only tiered my own items. Due to time away from game, got in late on tiering. Don’t
Recall my rate of success, but has worked as expected.

I would rate it a 6 due to the inconsistencies in the decay of enhancers and tier rates to each level.

8 - Do you give permission to use your comments in a magazine article?[/]
Yes

9 - Do you give permission to use any photos submitted in a magazine article?[/]
Yes

Great, I can improve my Gremlin armor finally for hunting bigger mobs without selling my house to afford better armor.

Added game mechanics.

Looks better from the words than in day to day use.

Make the tier effects more efficient. Considering the time it took my Gremlin Harness to get to tier2 now and showing on impact a tier1 improvement of 0.8, and tier2 improvement of 0.7, I don't consider it worth anything at all. What is going to be the improvement on tier10, 0.02???? Sorry, but dedicated tiering is just a waste of time and money, at least for armor that is. I was somehow expecting at least 10x 0.8 improvements which would justify the hassle.

To have a secondary items is just stupid.

No.

1. Good idea. But definetely not made for the players. The bad rate also reflects the amount of disappointment between expectations and what we actually got. I don't care if my gun shoots better in 100.000 shots for 0.1% or it is cheaper to use when looking at the coming 20 years. I want immediate and noticable improvements INGAME, not calculated numbers.

Yes.

Yes.

I thought this would be cool, a chance to make some cool unique tiered weapons.

It is nice to add a few dmg enhancers to a medium weapon like a Swempa X1 and start doing some decent DPS. Also nice to add dmg enchancer to melee weapons.

Teiring high end UL weapons is way to risky and expencsive. And the fact that enhancers have a random life is just plain B.S. How can you claim that your game is a RCE when you have items with mystical value.

First I would give enhancers a tt value, you need to to give the tiering system any legitimacy.

Secondly I would make it policy that any high items that are lost are put back into the loot pool within the month. Then I would make sure that the community knew that item was lost and would be available again. Think about the huntimg activity going on try to loot a recently lost mod merc.

Thirdly, I would have a couple replicators in the game, they would be looted. But once they are used to teir up an item, they are lost and put back into the loot pool again. Fair for everyone.

Yes, my gremlin amour set, Ek-2600 and a few random item. I would say that only my Ek-2600 was worth it.

NO

3...there is alot of potential with this system, they just need to make it fun, fair and legit.

Yes

Yes

I didn't like it at first; although it sounded good, "I had a bad feeling about this.." phrase kept coming into my mind. After a while, it started to make some sense, and I thought it will at least create a new profession (or two) and in general, that it will be good for the economy.
Right now, I am disappointed.

a) The ability to create a "customised" weapon (or tool); more options are always good IMO.
b) The ability to restart the EU economy a bit.

• Second item requirement
  • Materials for Enhancers should be made more available
  • Tier Rates explained

Taking care of the points in #3 above should do it ;)

Yes; EP 40 and EP41 done by a service provider, and my old Opallo done by me (after 4 attempts).
No immediate benefits; I tried the Enhancers for a short while, but until two things will happen I'll wait (Enhancers pricing and Enhancers "condition" shown).

No.

4. There is a lot more work to be put into this system to make it attractive and useful; as it is, it's expensive and the benefits are unclear.

Please.

Unfortunately, I don't have any... sorry.

Nice to see more input ... this is all very helpful, so thank you. :thumbup:

There aren't that many days left, so hopefully more will contribute. It's good to have a nice selection of perspectives on this type of system for comparison. :)

Yet another new system for the rich and Ubers I won't be using. I also thought it might be a way to amp melee weapons.

For myself there is none. For some others it's a way to increase their items without paying too much. I do applaud the costs and risk for tiering up, otherwise there would be tier 10 Eon with tier 10 Mod Merc and tier 10 Mod Fap avatars in notime.

The possible loss of rare / unique items. Like that guy that failed to tear up an EK-2600 SGA, that made me mad. More items in storage that is already over-full. All the tiernumbers are junkinformation when I look at the stats of an item.
I think it widens the gap between the middle and Uber player. I'm not a middle or Uber player so I can't really tell.

I haven't given it much thought. I think MindArk should have had one more night sleep to think this over.

No.

Nah.

5 : it does add some layer to the game, but not something most of us will be able to use.

Yes, I do.

Photo's from Planet Earth : no.
Pictures from Planet Calypso : yes.

========================================

Thank you in advance to those who take the time to participate in this feedback effort.

You're welcome

:):yup::)

Sounded like a great idea, was very exited to check it out and begin Tiering some equipment.

I think Tiering gives players the opportunity to have almost Uber equipment without spending 100s of Thousands of PEDs on it. The damage potential of a gun as well as defensive protection on some Mid Level armor is great.

Loosing Items. Its ok to have the risk. I lost an AS-129 valued at about 3.5K PEDs, not a huge deal I know others lost way more then that but, the success rates just seem kinda of real low, and for the salvage rate of 98% or so, some seem to loose items frequently.

Increase the Success Rate as well as work the Salvage Rate.

Yes:

EK-2600 Tier 3: I love it for the healing power because my Paramedic skills are not uber high yet.

Jaguar Armor Tier 2: Again great Defense upgrade when hunting big mobs for me, and then I can go and use eco enhancers on it when hunting some smaller mobs.

AS-129 Tier 3: Oh how do I love the damage.

No my skill are just not that high. I do provide the service for my Society M8s for only up to Tier 2 and sometimes 3.

I give it an 8 overall. The Tiering system is a great benefit for many reasons, like stated before. The only draw back where I can't make it a 10 is due to the fact of the Success rate just being way to low, and the skill increase is also very small.

Of course.

Sure.

In light of the updated Tiering System ... would those who have contributed to this feedback thread please edit their posts and add additional thoughts about the new updated system. This would be helpful to include in the article I'm writing.

Thank you!
smile.gif

I've updated.

probably is worth it now. i had zero interest before, might be now the risk is removed. depends on the cost now, as it should do.

Sorta offtopic/ontopic - glossed through, love how easily 90% of the people here complained about requirement of 2nd item seems to be the #1 negative aspect to the previous tiering system. Guess MA does read the forums :D. GJ Mindstar!

Updated my post as requested with first impressions of the changes revealed a few hours ago with VU 11.4.

Sorta offtopic/ontopic - glossed through, love how easily 90% of the people here complained about requirement of 2nd item seems to be the #1 negative aspect to the previous tiering system. Guess MA does read the forums :D. GJ Mindstar!

Thank you ... however, it still seems to be a system of controversy ... I've noticed several threads pop up regarding compensation for those who have lost so much prior to the update, as well as recipes changing and requiring more materials (JC closed his tiering recipe thread that was quite good), and there's all kinds of interesting chatter, so it's good to hopefully get updated perspectives from those who have already contributed in this thread based on the old system.

I'm hoping to get more input ... the community's voice is important for this article.

Thanks to all who either edit their original post, or add further feedback, it's appreciated. :)

Nope.
VU 11.4 - Not sure how the changes will alter those who do. No risk of secondary item loss now, but that
may encourage more tiering use, and those with the skills will still be in demand for the later tiers where the %
chance of success is lower.

Updated my post as requested with first impressions of the changes revealed a few hours ago with VU 11.4.
Isn't the chance of success only about the success to salvage the materials used? the Item will always be tiered up, only benefit to high skills are higher success the tiering wont cost so much and that you might gain a few more "sub tiers"

Isn't the chance of success only about the success to salvage the materials used? the Item will always be tiered up, only benefit to high skills are higher success the tiering wont cost so much and that you might gain a few more "sub tiers"

So even with Tier 9 to 10, its a guaranteed success? Hmmm, I may have to edit my post a bit later then. Thanks. :)

So even with Tier 9 to 10, its a guaranteed success? Hmmm, I may have to edit my post a bit later then. Thanks. :)
Thats exactly how I read it, the item will always be tiered up as long as it is possible to tier and you have the materials needed

Im happy with the tiering system,

I had an old MF-102,
Tierd it up to Tier 2,
And now with enhances its better than a MF-103 for half the cost.

So yeh..
Happy :)

Andy.

Thats exactly how I read it, the item will always be tiered up as long as it is possible to tier and you have the materials needed

It completely iradicates the tiering profession as a service. Now that it's a certainty that you will make a tier the players offering the service can really charge a percentage of the difference in return rate between themselves and someone with no skill and as that is random it makes no sense in getting someone else to do it :rolleyes:

Wasn't worth it.

Now totaly is :)

O and on a note of the tier system as a profession its now more viable as a lot of the gamble has been taken out. Better tier upgrader better return and the possibility of gaining even some extra tier points makes it a lot more viable as a profession

did some magic happen? did someone who has an influence on MAs decision actually read this thread? :eyecrazy:

W00t! :tongue2:

As an FYI ... I want to thank all of you who participated in this thread and made some valuable contributions, it's appreciated. However, the tiering system has changed, and therefore, this project is going to be put on hold until our March (Spring) issue of the magazine.

The contributions you made in this thread will absolutely be considered and incorporated in the March issue article, along with contributions made in a new feedback thread I will do at a later date after you all have had time to experience the new system. So, this is still a viable project and will definitely find it's place, but just on pause for now.

Thank you. :)

I will now close the thread, but have all the information in a document on my hard drive for reference. ;)

Status
Back