Who is in charge of monitoring planet partners?

I knew the BP's were gonna be out.... or SHOULD be out with that release and I don't even play RockTropia. It's been COMMON KNOWLEDGE within the RT community that NEVERDIE was waiting on several MAJOR content updates for RT.

Now what? You knew or you knew not that they come with that particular update? Between knowing that something is due or overdue and actually having the information that it comes with an certain VU is a big difference.

Sounds as a intresting discussion,i subscribe for now :)

Now what? You knew or you knew not that they come with that particular update? Between knowing that something is due or overdue and actually having the information that it comes with an certain VU is a big difference.

While I agree with your overall points, I think you've missed the mark on the BP issue - there was a public news item (can't remember where but I would assume the Rocktropia website) saying that Rocktropia BPs would be introduced in the next major VU. Everyone who read that must have been at least 99% sure that they would arrive in that VU. I don't see it as a problem in this particular case, it's no different to preview announcements that FPC have posted in the past.

The main difference between Neverdie and myself is that Neverdie owns and controls development of any planets his company is building.

Whilst I have invested in a company developing a planet I do not control that development.

It would be a similar situation if I was a shareholder in MindArk, FPC, or any other planet partner.

Plus I am sure there are a few active players who are MindArk shareholders :)

- Deathifier

im sure you would be privy to any information nd has access to

im sure you would be privy to any information nd has access to
Not to stir up a hornets nest, but you really think Deathifier has access to the same amount and detail of information as ND can lay his hands on?

ND is a fucking "planet partner". Deathifier isn't even allowed to fix geography error on his own lands! I find it very insulting to even suggest Deathifier may be privy to the same info ND has access to.

Not to stir up a hornets nest, but you really think Deathifier has access to the same amount and detail of information as ND can lay his hands on?

ND is a fucking "planet partner". Deathifier isn't even allowed to fix geography error on his own lands! I find it very insulting to even suggest Deathifier may be privy to the same info ND has access to.

why do you find it insulting Deathifier is a investor in a planet being a investor in a planet comes with certain perks you don't really think Deathifier has said ''oh here is 200k do as you see fit but don't tell me about it cause im not supposed to know anything'' thx for the lolz i had a good giggle

why do you find it insulting Deathifier is a investor in a planet being a investor in a planet comes with certain perks you don't really think Deathifier has said ''oh here is 200k do as you see fit but don't tell me about it cause im not supposed to know anything'' thx for the lolz i had a good giggle

Well I guess this just shows how little you know about Deathifier.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he told Ozi to keep the 'balancing' type stuff to himself and if there were things he knew that the user base didn't I would bet my house he would be the last person to act on it or pass it on.

As an example during WoF when TI mobs were used he had opportunities to maybe adjust things or let The Aussie team (of which he is a member)know of changes scheduled in order to unfairly benefit the team but he didn't nor did he even suggest when the TI round was or what mobs would be on the list.Any information was released to the team just after the public announcement had been made and rightly so.

Also on occasions when people have gone to him with rare mob DNA parts that he has specifically been looking for and knows others will pay well for he has told the looter to put it on auction and he will bid on them like everyone else so the person gets the right price for it.

This is just a couple of examples and I'm sure there are more I'm not aware of perhaps this is why you never hear of anyone slagging him off.

Some people still have ethics.

I really have to invoke presumption of innocence here. Until we have seen any evidence that Deathifier has recieved any private information he has used to his benefit from Arkadia, we have no grounds for saying he is not innocent. Just because you are an investor in a company does not mean you have any kind of active involvement in day to day running of the company or that you get any special or restricted information out of the company. Indeed, in many industries the later would be illegal.

Also, Deathifier's investment was announced when it as made. We still have not seen any actual information on exactly what ND's involvement in Next Island is and if that is the property of ND Studios or ND himself. And what any terms around it are. And if it was as part of an investment or if the land was given as payment.

Some people have integrity, and some don't. Deathifier has always been a shining example of respectable buisness ethics, and the evidence is clearly out there, so anyone suggesting otherwise is just ill-informed, or grasping at straws.

Some people have integrity, and some don't. Deathifier has always been a shining example of respectable buisness ethics, and the evidence is clearly out there, so anyone suggesting otherwise is just ill-informed, or grasping at straws.

It depend how you see the things...
ND got many problem with is enormous ego , but he for sure did lure zillion of people around PE , player , investor , compagny...he made shit load of advert,speak about game in TV,radio ...
What did death for the game ?
Yes , the first 2 or 3 week there was some article in some news paper , but who ever would have buy the island back then would get exactly same attention...But after that , what he did?
It true that he often agree to help to create evnt in his castel , and that very nice from him...
But , i dont see him create much event in all his LA...

IMHO , ND have some bad side , but he pay back the "free" money out of LA with big advert... what do death to pay for that ?

From my point of view , but i am maybe wrong , MA use LA and big salle to create some PR...maybe i wrong ...

about monitoring , it has been said that MA have last word on many thing like item , salle LA or stuff like that...I dont think MA care about name people use for their item or LA...has long as they dont drown market under big amount of stuff.

I agree.:girl: Everyone leave deathifier alone please.:ahh: He is a realy decent kinda guy and no-one can compare or should try to do so between him and ND. In fact as I see it, Deathifier needs NOT answer to no-one here about his bussiness conduct. I personally find nothing wrong with him.:wise:

eco of planet - whole world/universe

what i see here is that Neverdie can do whatever he wants at is pleasure to exploid the comunity, all this with MA/FPC autorization. he sells CND already with the inside information that he will be able to create unique DNA and lands for is own profit! That's just so easy...

why buy Medusa for 400k dolares? just gather some intellingent universitary, make a development team and then create your own planet with your personal lands areas and unique dnas!

true but donT forget if try find about how cost make a planet as saw around here in posts & maybe in entropia times/ep ~ cost 5mill $ :laugh: well & NI U can mine sweat ... :eyecrazy: RCE crushed 1 economy line by a planetpartner ??? MA's "improvements" almost killed the sweat & now just go & mine it https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?202831-IV-vibrant-sweat-on-next-island

as can see there 5xx-700 hours to get that amount sweat, smaller than 1 hour was drill it out ...
if read what need to be planet partner that also soo interest ( as look the opened planets :D ;) ) they brake the pp rules but can do if someone would make a planet need : ~5mill $ to make content & able to run tha wold about 2 years, dunno I think whit these req ( & others) not many new planet will arriwe from this budget can make stand alone world/game ( as 1of the post about what need to became PP if MA close the shop -end of entropia- the PP cannot do anything they will whithout game engi etc etc ( as the worst thing) noone knows MA how planning their future) thats is 1 cus 1 sponsor hesitate to help" me as he see MA 'smovements back for some years :(

too get a nice part of land in the main planet wil cost ~ 4-500k $ medusa head atm, to make a own planet cost 5mill +$
LA = tax income , own planet more control etc etc but how much time need to the invest make profit or will 0 ( make the cost of it .. my english still lil but who wanna can understand ;) )

& the most inportant thing if a planet partner make things what not avaible in the main or other planets MUST think will part of the whole world economy as U can mineing sweat .. this is a f***ng big lol

I agree.:girl: Everyone leave deathifier alone please.:ahh: He is a realy decent kinda guy and no-one can compare or should try to do so between him and ND. In fact as I see it, Deathifier needs NOT answer to no-one here about his bussiness conduct. I personally find nothing wrong with him.:wise:

Exactly, and ... in comparison, "D" experiences his successes quietly, and doesn't have to be flambouant to draw the community to his real estate to enjoy what's available. His decisions are calculated as I see it, and with good reason, and done in a way that is other than to brand or draw attention to himself. I have nothing against branding per se, but ... oversaturating an environment, or many environments is just too much as many of us see it.

This is not to take away from the PR that ND has done for EU over the years, which has certainly brought in many players, but it has gotten to the point where it seems that everything that is done now is all about self-promotion, which his docudrama video basically confirms. And now ... he states here that he is going to continue adding even more Club NEVERDIE's across more planets. I thought we were supposed to have a diversity of environments. :scratch2:

And as far as bringing in new participants ... I think it was just last year (if not this year - time gets away from me) that Deathifier invested his own time, effort, and finances to be a presence at 3 Australian expos/ conventions. As far as I'm concerned, what he does he does with taste, the same that Buzz does with CP.

But just for the record ... I do feel there is a huge difference between being a land owner on a planet and not being a planet owner, or an investor in a planet and not being a planet owner where you see the day-to-day development, and being a planet partner who also has a large land area(s) that are taxed, and play a regular avatar in the environment, along with development staff with regular EU avatars working with development and playing in the universe. I would really like to know MA's take on this.

Last edited:
What did death for the game ?
Yes , the first 2 or 3 week there was some article in some news paper , but who ever would have buy the island back then would get exactly same attention...But after that , what he did?

Deathifier is very active in promoting EU in Australia.
I don't know exactly how many trade fairs he went to, but he organized a lot over there.

Just because most of his active promotion work is not visible in Europe does not mean he is not doing anything.

Before I invested I went through the many potential issues that can arise.
I discussed, and continue to discuss, these issues with Arkadia Studios and MindArk.

Yes there is the potential to receive information in advance, and yes some of this information may be economically sensitive.

Arkadia Studios and I are well aware of this and as the planet gets closer to launch there will be information made available (and visible, not buried on page X of a forum thread) that explains how this issue, and the other issues, are being handled.

If people find flaws in how things are being handled I am more than happy to discuss it and I am sure that Arkadia Studios and MindArk and even the other Planet Partners would be interested too.

Do remember that it is not in my interest to disrupt or damage the Entropian economy since that has negative flow on effects to all of my operations in-world.

It is much more preferable from both a personal and business perspective to have a happy and healthy economy :)

- Deathifier

I really have to invoke presumption of innocence here.
That has been my attitude so far and it will remain that.

Some people have integrity, and some don't.
Agreed. people are different, different personal and business styles doe's not imply a lack of integrity of anyone being discussed here, see above. Without evidence of deliberate wrongdoing or illegal activity, I presume innocence and legality of anyone.

I would really like to know MA's take on this.
Clearly we all want the same thing then, clarity from the platform provider regarding accusations of misconduct, which only they can answer. Is the support website working again yet?

One thing that strikes me in all of this fuss is that so many (understandably) have no concept or understanding of the difference between having access to a platform sandbox to create objects, geography, etc, or to write story lines and design objects and landscapes and missions and mobs etc in line with that (planet partners and developers) and to have any access at all to the platform game mechanics, economy settings and balancing etc (platform provider). I could sit in front of a screen at any developers office as long as they were not also the platform provider and look at all the eye candy I wanted and not have any control over the platform or plan ahead to make a fortune in an unethical way because of it. Yes of course the potential is always there for unethical activity in any business, but I've not yet seen anything to prove to me that any of those involved in Entropia as planet partners, developers or land owners have done anything that suggests or proves they have access to the platform mechanics or the balancing of the economy that would be beneficial to themselves or their friends and family. If such evidence exists it should be reported to the platform provider, and to whatever legal authority is appropriate.

Speculation about the integrity of any planet partner, investor or land owner with no evidence, no matter who they are or what their business style is or personal lifestyle is seems a bit screwed up. I hope that Ed Robles, Dave Dobson etc etc are watching all of this and understanding the arrows that could just as easily turn in their direction at any point. It seems a part of doing business in Entropia is to be prepared to have your integrity called into question and debated in public by every Joe and his brother that doesn't like your style. Marco already knows it obviously, and more than any other planet partner at this point is probably best placed to try to get MA to do some kind of statement to the end users who are so upset at the possibility of wrongdoing. Can you help us Marco? Or perhaps John Bates? If anyone has MA's ears, please ask them to put this fire out for the sake of thier business's future.

Considering the thread title and the importance of the topic, can we just stop discussing "character assessments" of individual persons please? Really only fastest way to get this thread closed.

To me a important point was always that MindArk, and later on also FPC, always clearly communicated that employees of MindArk (and i assume subsidiary) are limited and monitored on their official avatars activities and not allowed to use private avatars. Under that light i would have never expected in example an FPC employe to hold landareas.

Now, my mistake maybe, but i was just assuming this rules gets extended to planet partners and associated companies. If this is not the case then i would appreciate a official statement from MindArk about this.

Before I invested I went through the many potential issues that can arise.
I discussed, and continue to discuss, these issues with Arkadia Studios and MindArk.

Yes there is the potential to receive information in advance, and yes some of this information may be economically sensitive.

Arkadia Studios and I are well aware of this and as the planet gets closer to launch there will be information made available (and visible, not buried on page X of a forum thread) that explains how this issue, and the other issues, are being handled.

If people find flaws in how things are being handled I am more than happy to discuss it and I am sure that Arkadia Studios and MindArk and even the other Planet Partners would be interested too.

Do remember that it is not in my interest to disrupt or damage the Entropian economy since that has negative flow on effects to all of my operations in-world.

It is much more preferable from both a personal and business perspective to have a happy and healthy economy :)

- Deathifier

Thank you D for that information. Again it does come down to integrity really, a shame to have your's or anyone's questioned so strongly based on no evidence other than speculation.

I will refrain from posting any further and just wait to see how all of this plays out, and also see if MA gives any kind of definitive response to what is being questioned. I doubt it based on history, but nonetheless, it will be interesting to see what transpires as a result of the community bringing up some very valid inquiries.

Thank you D for that information. Again it does come down to integrity really, a shame to have your's or anyone's questioned so strongly based on no evidence other than speculation.

its never a shame to question integrity in fact each and everyone of us should do that every day!

I like that all those issues get addressed, if nobody starts asking question absolutely no transparency will be reached. I am satisfied with the information that MA has the last word on things, they kept a stable and healthy (yet not undynamic) economy running for many years and i trust in that they will continue to do it. I find their work admireable, but its on us to point fingers at problems and sometimes even at persons that tip the scales.

So even i might find that satisfying as it is, more information and transperancy cannot harm, cause it invokes trust, and trust is the first and foremost prequisite for investments.

Last edited:
balance here balance there

All loot and balancing is done by MA. NI cannot on its own decide what drops from what mob (or, from what I've understood from what Hanne has written, won't even know what items will drop from which mobs). It is also quite possible that the "Blood Moss in lootable PvP" is not so much a requirement from balance, but something that FPC has requested. Regardless of where it is found, what matters in the end is the total amount / active player that can be found, not where it is found (and yes, PK-ers will probably disagree here).

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?202831-IV-vibrant-sweat-on-next-island

MA did it ? :confused:

One thing that strikes me in all of this fuss is that so many (understandably) have no concept or understanding of the difference between having access to a platform sandbox to create objects, geography, etc, or to write story lines and design objects and landscapes and missions and mobs etc in line with that (planet partners and developers) and to have any access at all to the platform game mechanics, economy settings and balancing etc (platform provider). I could sit in front of a screen at any developers office as long as they were not also the platform provider and look at all the eye candy I wanted and not have any control over the platform or plan ahead to make a fortune in an unethical way because of it.

It's not that simple.

Consider the impact that 10 new cold mobs would have on the price of Viking armour. It is the planet partner that creates those mobs.

It's not that simple.

Consider the impact that 10 new cold mobs would have on the price of Viking armour. It is the planet partner that creates those mobs.

But do they decide the stats of mobs and weapons and armour etc? I don't know the answer to that, I understand they can ask MA for all sorts, but the answer won't always be yes.

This is just a couple of examples and I'm sure there are more I'm not aware of perhaps this is why you never hear of anyone slagging him off.

Some people still have ethics.

nobody slags him off because all he is to entropia is a guy who owns ti everybody slags off ND because the guy is the poster child, face and icon of entropia, your couple of examples ND has done the exact same thing only you and everybody else is to jealous of all his success to see that

Yes. Who else? It also doesn't mean its not a bug.

But do they decide the stats of mobs and weapons and armour etc? I don't know the answer to that, I understand they can ask MA for all sorts, but the answer won't always be yes.

And? They will know what the answer was. They will also be able to test it out on their test server. And they will be able to predict what the response will be. And if they only got 4 cold mobs instead of 10, they can still make sure these are big mobs that are everywhere and make an event to hunt those to boot.

confirmed as bug, and fixed it at weekend
now asking what will the mined sweat lot of thousand :)

Imo when you become a planet partner you stop being a player. Hanne had to give up Skam when she was employed and she can't do anything near as much as ND when it comes to developing and adding stuff to the game.

Imo when you become a planet partner you stop being a player. Hanne had to give up Skam when she was employed and she can't do anything near as much as ND when it comes to developing and adding stuff to the game.

Yes but that was a MA policy that FPC did inherit.
We do not know what agreements are in place between MA and other planet partners,
but given that we are talking of contracts where a huge lump of money is involved,
these agreements are probably very different from planet partner to planet partner.

Back