Infinite Stamina? Bug? Exploit? More stupidity from MA?

Well, I just used Jdegre's tool to calculate how much it would cost me to gain equivalent HP by gaining stamina:

Gain - Cost by chipping to gain equivalent HP to the stamina gains by the exploiters
10 - 600 US$
20 - 1700 US$
30 - 3300 US$
I would say this bug was running for potentially 24 to 30 hours before it was dealt with. So really it should only go upto the 30 gain max, as you could only repeat this mission after a 1hour interval, from what I hear. Also you had to off known about it as soon as possible to exploit it that much without sleeping :laugh:. But $3300 sounds like a lot of skills to chip in to catch up and then those that got the free gains can do like wise and your back to square one :mad:. Also there were some ppl that were not aware that they were doing the same missions, as it was bugged. Once completing it, it didnt register & recieved another phone call 1 hour later, only thing that registered was the stamina gains. So some ppl were oblivious to repeating this mission over after a few tries, until it finally hit them... deja vu? So I can take it that some, were innocent in this dilema. :)

Last edited:
If you don't think 8 sta is an advantage why did you throw a fit when I said n00bs should get +8 to balance it out? If more sta isn't an advantage why does this thread even exist?

Because only two things qualify you for extra stamina:-

A: You were an early supporter of the game, creating an avatar early enough.
B: You earn it, legally.

Anything else gives you an unfair advantage. It's a financial one. As I said in an earlier post in this thread, it's huge financial one for me to catch up with an exploiter (or anyone who gets suddenly awarded 8 Stamina just by complaining about it) in terms of HP.

That financial advantage alone makes me very defensive against anyone who attempts to gain a financial advantage over me in this real cash economy; especially if the Stamina gained by either exploiting the bug or by awarding avatars created after the Stamina9>1 change.
These "anyones" gaining the advantage could number from under a thousand (exploiting the bug) to many tens or even hundreds of thousands (creating an avatar after the 1-Stamina cut-off date). My money is where my mouth is.

It's ALL about the money. My real money, in a Real Cash Economy. Its a real pyramid and dog-eat-dog. If you want 7 or 8 HP you have pay for it by chipping.

I played by the rules -

1: I was an early customer, you weren't, not my rules, MAs.
2: I haven't even gone to RT to do any missions yet - have you? If so - how much stamina did you get?

Apparently, I'm more "uber" than you but I can't call anyone "a noob" - yet you are both (presumably(?) you are too) more skilled than me? :eyecrazy: I'm definitely a noob in the eyes of CK - read on.....

When I was freelance and looking for a new soc, 2 CK members actively discouraged me from applying on your soc-site because:-

1. "I didn't have enough total kills" (yet at the time, I exceeded the minimum stated)
2. "I hadn't been ingame long enough" "we don't accept noobs" (yet longer ingame than you by 1 year)
3 "I needed to have some nice or uber items" "not noob gear"

Have you lowered your standards now?

I agree with Popfuzzy that this game turned from stress-relief into stress-source in just one week.

As a customer of this business I spend vast amounts of my time and money. Seeing a screenie of an inventory with loads of fresh-looted ES scanners made me sick. The response from the balance manager does not change my feelings.

Just thinking of an avatar with 30 Stamina makes me shiver and totally pisses me off.

When the missions got introduced, I cheered and gave very positive feedback in the survey. I stated that I would go at great lengths to gain more attributes. Attributes are the only thing that you can't chip, and are the only true indicators of hard-core skilling. It should be like that, and should be protected. I worked my ass off for my Stamina!

I am waiting for an official response how the stamina exploit has been resolved and what has been done to remove unjustified stamina from Avatars.

Fortunately we have the mission logs, so its very straightforward to run a script on all accounts that checks avatar creation date and amount of Stamina granting completed missions versus actual Stamina, and correct if needed.

/Slupor

Hmmmm.... where are all the selling out threads? Seems to me 99.999% of the population still plan on playing..... can't be that bad around here.

Menace

I wouldn't bet on that 99.99%. I know for sure some people are selling out as we speak.

On the other note. I don't think the business plan was to loose some customers with a new planets. The idea was attract new players while please current once with a loot drops. But loot system proved again to be unfair, bad, not design right, not thought thou (everything pops up within 24h) and as a result MA shot themselves in the head.

Also think about 1 more thing. This also includes myself. I will think 10 times more right now before Ill make any decision about any bp, item or whatever as it is perfectly clear for me that my cash isn't safe in any way. MA treats small investors as a plaque and I got to say they politics to stop them playing is working.

Fortunately we have the mission logs, so its very straightforward to run a script on all accounts that checks avatar creation date and amount of Stamina granting completed missions versus actual Stamina, and correct if needed.

/Slupor

Seriously, you dont think this will happen! How many (million) times havent exploiters gotten away with it before.... MA just wont do it....

If MA did interfere and change back things, that would meen there is something wrong with the system, and MA will over their dead body (and ours) never admit that.

I wouldn't bet on that 99.99%. I know for sure some people are selling out as we speak.

most ppl that are chipping do so because they wanted already. Frankly I have seen many newbie that stick around buy uber gear and Land Areas. MA made it clear it wants new players and does everything to get them

Because only two things qualify you for extra stamina:-

A: You were an early supporter of the game, creating an avatar early enough.
B: You earn it, legally.

Yes I accept that but was just saying I wished I started on equal field of 9 stamina. Also I don't think calling newer players noobs is tactful no matter skill if in a way of a put down.

Apparently, I'm more "uber" than you but I can't call anyone "a noob" - yet you are both (presumably(?) you are too) more skilled than me? :eyecrazy: I'm definitely a noob in the eyes of CK - read on.....

When I was freelance and looking for a new soc, 2 CK members actively discouraged me from applying on your soc-site because:-

1. "I didn't have enough total kills" (yet at the time, I exceeded the minimum stated)
2. "I hadn't been ingame long enough" "we don't accept noobs" (yet longer ingame than you by 1 year)
3 "I needed to have some nice or uber items" "not noob gear"

Have you lowered your standards now?

Sorry for those experiences. I haven't seen anything like that (Maybe some a while ago with people that aren't in our soc's now) and I hope to not hear of anymore experiences like that. Please take this to pm if you want to discuss further.

Our current requirements can be found here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...cK-Coat-Killers-amp-cK-Shadows-Recruit-Thread

Seriously, you dont think this will happen! How many (million) times havent exploiters gotten away with it before.... MA just wont do it....

If MA did interfere and change back things, that would meen there is something wrong with the system, and MA will over their dead body (and ours) never admit that.

We will see.

Ironically the support systems provider is performing System Maintenance to upgrade the hardware on February 26 between 07:00 - 11:00 UTC. So I will wait until the afternoon to submit my support case.

But I WILL make a case and judge them on the response. Here's where I am going to draw a line, if they don't solve this problem in a way that is satisfactory to me, I'm going to sell off and leave. Seriously.

I have spend 5.5 years of my life playing this game. Before I played another game for almost 5 years, the company running it managed to piss me off one time too much so I sold my (very substantial) assets, un-installed and never looked back. I'm not going to bend over on this one.

/Slupor

But I WILL make a case and judge them on the response. Here's where I am going to draw a line, if they don't solve this problem in a way that is satisfactory to me, I'm going to sell off and leave. Seriously.

/Slupor

so because this vu was very buggy (what else is new ?) and their was an exploit which NDS immediatly tried to solve but MindArk beat the too it , you are mad? It is fixed within 24 hours no other game is that fast. Shall I remember you that EU alwasy been buggy from 2002 and ppl always tried to gain something extra. Heck most of the ubers became that way until ma stricten the rules.

I also got the repeating mission and was trying to find out if it indeed increases stats or that it just completes and nothing happens. But it got fixed very fast.

also during the history alot of explots where discoveredl I remember trapping (everybody did that), vtol ping pong, snables imp2870 drops, shadow drops etc etc

so stop overreacting stuff likes this happen like everywhere with games.talk to blizzard microsoft etc they have bigger problems even

What they will do: The people who were happy to find this out will keep their gained stamina. They will fix the "bug" so the rest of us (who can't throw TP fees away at will) will find out that no more stamina is handed out. MindArk will be silent as clams (as they were with mined sweat). It's possible that Hanne will ask "inhouse", but as it's weekend in Sweden and it took several days for the statement from MA about the balancing (`why don't you eat cookies?`) I wouldn't count on any news before monday-tuesday.

It is fixed within 24 hours no other game is that fast.

First, if it's open in 24 hours, it means that active players (who, in this case, afford to pay TP-fee at will - in case it's fixed at arrival) have the chance to gain a significant advantage. At least on Calypso events, Stamina has been *hard* to get - usually requiring 16600 mobs to be killed with exception of the "demo" mission.

Secondly when did you read that MA has overlooked the *consequences* over sploits? MA could have replaced the mined sweat with, let's say Dunkel or Angel Scales - making both sweaters and miners happy. But they should have acted fast.

Unless MA surprises me, they will not go out in public "we did a mistake with the mission and we'll adjust stamina for the people who did the mission to what it should be", which means that it won't' be solved - they will just create yet a gap between those who are fast to use a glitch in game, and those who wants to act ethical (or can't afford to gamble with 80 peds wether the glitch is fixed or not).

so stop overreacting stuff likes this happen like everywhere with games.talk to blizzard microsoft etc they have bigger problems even

I spend on average at least 2k ped/month ingame and I see this... Items getting thrown at left and right (moved away from huntable mobs, given out, looted by same people in same loot window), and the item I consider best is still my TP(II) chip I looted from a Gradivore in the gradivore land area a few months before pvp4 opened.

(To give an example - I don't feel mad about TP(II) chips drops. I'm sad that the original source from them - Gradivores - has been severely nerfed, and that the source now requires 80 ped TP fee or hunting in an area that carries a high risk of getting killed and looted.)

With a normal computer game you don't spend that much. A monthly gameplay in WoW for instance will only last to visit another planet twice/month here - and then you don't have a PEC left for ammo or whatelse you might need. (Prettty obvious, the advantages gained on Rocktropia was gained by peopel who came from calypso and in most cases will return - they weren't gained from peoepl who "spawned" there or have decided to "move" there).

Last edited:

MA has locked exploiters before.

If they don't do it then the message to everybody will be clear:

MA has no control in their system and every action is fair game

That will be the end of trust in the virtual universe
And without trust people will only pay peanuts

If they don't admit there was something wrong or a mistake

then their only option

will be to accept it as normal that people are able to repeat that mission a certain number of time (I supose nobody made it more than 40 times)

Last edited:
And it isn't too hard to fix the stamina extra gains

Just run a check once the avatar is logged on for the first time that checks

when the avatar was created and how many missions that reward stamina were completed

other attributes gains would be harder but possible in a decent database
If MA can't fix it then it will be obviously a sign that the game developers can't be trusted with money

AND THAT MA CAN NEVER ACCEPT

so because this vu was very buggy (what else is new ?) and their was an exploit which NDS immediatly tried to solve but MindArk beat the too it , you are mad? It is fixed within 24 hours no other game is that fast. Shall I remember you that EU alwasy been buggy from 2002 and ppl always tried to gain something extra. Heck most of the ubers became that way until ma stricten the rules.

I also got the repeating mission and was trying to find out if it indeed increases stats or that it just completes and nothing happens. But it got fixed very fast.

also during the history alot of explots where discoveredl I remember trapping (everybody did that), vtol ping pong, snables imp2870 drops, shadow drops etc etc

If MA plan is just to have a game platform I guess your point of view would be understandable

But I believe that what they intend is to create a trustworthy virtual universe where microtransactions can be made without any worries of database problems

Last edited:

when the avatar was created and how many missions that reward stamina were completed

If MA can't fix it then it will be obviously a sign that the game developers can't be trusted with money

What is really hard for MA to do, is
- to say "We did a mistake, we will fix it"

Remember all the things with apartments in New Oxford? Which rooted from the fact it was like no place else in VU 9, but in VU 10 shops were moved in/out of malls, rents were changed, MA differented rents alot... and after some buyers turned their shops in and Medusa got released, they removed rent completely.
(Though, I think removing rents was a good step - especially for banks. I wonder who had the great idea not being able to pay back a bank loan when bank owner did miss the maintenance fee.)

And as for rents, that players will have to claim it though it would have been a nice gesture to simply pay back the rent paid by having taken a database backup before release of medusa (=not that long time ago), check end date and multiply by monthly maintenance fee, and make an exception for shops that got a pre-paid period. If they did the manual thing to avoid locked avatars from getting free money they could have made an exception for locked avatars. (For each claim, they probably would have to check it anyway, there are probably one or two who tries "you owe me 1zilliooooon in rent".

Last edited:

What is really hard for MA to do, is
- to say "We did a mistake, we will fix it and this is how:..."

(Note that I say MA. I don't mean Hanne will say "MA did a mistake and I know nothing more".)

Remember all the things with apartments in New Oxford? Which rooted from the fact it was like no place else in VU 9, but in VU 10 shops were moved in/out of malls, rents were changed, MA differented rents alot... and after some buyers turned their shops in and Medusa got released, they removed rent completely.
(Though, I think removing rents was a good step - especially for banks. I wonder who had the great idea not being able to pay back a bank loan when bank owner did miss the maintenance fee.)

If MA plan is just to have a game platform I guess your point of view would be understandable

But I believe that what they intend is to create a trustworthy virtual universe where microtransactions can be made without any worries of database problems

as trustworthy as any other economy I guess :cool:

With a normal computer game you don't spend that much. A monthly gameplay in WoW for instance will only last to visit another planet twice/month here - and then you don't have a PEC left for ammo or whatelse you might need. (Prettty obvious, the advantages gained on Rocktropia was gained by peopel who came from calypso and in most cases will return - they weren't gained from peoepl who "spawned" there or have decided to "move" there).

With them time in EU I could proably play also 200 dollar of games every month. I have seen game worth 50 euro with a 6 hour playing time and with a thin story (call of duty etc) Even those games have huge bugs/cheats etc. It is hard for a team of 20 coders to find every bug if 1k player are searching for those excat bug to exploit. Guess who will win.

Also before I came back I thought about the ingame economy too and decided to buy stuff I can afford and when I spended the money consider it as a losel. It happend before it will happen again. example I got a adapted T15 UL. If SDS decides to do an event on mulmus and it starts dropping more ( maybe even a bug made it ) then I can say bye bye to mu also. Do I mind no because thats the gamble you are willing to take in an economy

example I got a adapted T15 UL. If SDS decides to do an event on mulmus and it starts dropping more ( maybe even a bug made it ) then I can say bye bye to mu also. Do I mind no because thats the gamble you are willing to take in an economy

im glad you can be so laissez faire about it. but really, i dont think you'd be that ok with it at all. buying an item for value x is a risk and and gamble, especially if its the first or second dropped. finding 20 drop in an hour two years later is not a gamble, is being the victim of deception. with gambling you have a reasonable graps of the likly outcomes and assess your appetite for the risk involved. with deception you are led to believe you can make this measured assessment, then find the reasonable expectations, the rules and parameters are dramactically changed.

If SDS does a Mulmus event i would expect some T15 drops (if that's whence they came), but i'd only expect a couple. actually though, i wouldnt anymore, we've seen time and time again MA approach to drops is famine followed by feast.

im glad you can be so laissez faire about it. but really, i dont think you'd be that ok with it at all. buying an item for value x is a risk and and gamble, especially if its the first or second dropped. finding 20 drop in an hour two years later is not a gamble, is being the victim of deception. with gambling you have a reasonable graps of the likly outcomes and assess your appetite for the risk involved. with deception you are led to believe you can make this measured assessment, then find the reasonable expectations, the rules and parameters are dramactically changed.

Ex-Fucking-Actly..

This is INSANE..

Before reading this thread i was pretty sure that this was the worst i had ever seen Entropia by far.. Just keeps getting better and better.

Ppl seem to forget also that ppl who did the stamina bug repeat also did the agility repeat. so getting a 30/30 of both before locked is alot in term of evade and hp.

Anyone that would asked support what was is stamina/agility as of a set date and hour, for multiple day, would figured that they are logging everything. Ask them anything, they will give u the info as they log everything going on in any skills and such at every 0.0001 decimal

So, they could run a check, do a rollback on agi/stam stats before feb22. it wouldnt be that hard.

Other possibility could it be only for ppl having more than 3 agi/stamina increase as of today vs 22 february. (i asked them and got the info so they can verify it themself for who exploited it)

HELLO!? its obvious if its over 3 after comparing stats

if they dont do that. i mean cmon. ppl will just start leaving.

Reactions: EMW
Unfortunately whatever MA do it is far too late.

I know a good number of my FL (which is already massively depleted) are now quitting. When you let a tool like ND run riot over your game, you'll pay the consequences. ND obviously does not have a good business head, he admitted in his video that he was practically bankrupt. As bad as MA are financially, they managed to keep PE going for nearly a decade now. Funny that in just 2 short years ND could completely kill the product.

amateurs creating a planet...brilliant

amateurs creating a planet...brilliant

Calypso has had its fuck ups too you know. Remember the duplication bug?

no i dont know anything

well since everybody wants to leave i start a buying service

i bid TT+1 for all uber items

:laugh:

...Members of a certain very high level society seem to be repeating it every few minutes...

MA has locked exploiters before.

If they don't do it then the message to everybody will be clear:

MA has no control in their system and every action is fair game

I've been locked in february 2005 for a fucking exploit where i did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !
I tried to show them my honnesty about it but they never cared.
Since this time, it is clear that i have been black listed and i never did a HoF.

4 players of the top 10 societies were there,
with 1 who was at this time the society leader of one of those soc.
NONE of them have been locked, none of them had troubles (even some prooves had been posted on entropia pioneers forum).
(for sure, 2 of them were the biggests depositors in game).

As long people drop a maximum of the so precious dollars, people won't be worried.
You can be sure that MIND ARK logs are accurate enough...
But you'll be fucked up if you do not belong to this priviligiated caste !
And so i've been.

Frank|FPC: To everybody: There's no discrimation or preferrencial treatment given to anybody based on either personal relationships or deposits etc. None whatsoever, never has been , never will be.

Please, please...

Calypso has had its fuck ups too you know. Remember the duplication bug?

remember the buy 1ped bp for 1 pec? they retracted all that cash cuz it would hurt them in the wallet

Frank|FPC: To everybody: There's no discrimation or preferrencial treatment given to anybody based on either personal relationships or deposits etc. None whatsoever, never has been , never will be.

Please, please...

*cough* hunterZ 99% unlocked after a week not him *cough* ma failed to show proof in court and still "won" *cough*
still locked *cough*

and these people will never get locked... even wishing some1 to loose millions by getting locked is kind if inhuman in itself but if you go around doing this shit you reap what you sow

Back