We demand change to lootable PVP in space

What should be done with lootable pvp in space

• Lootable PVP should be removed

Votes: 134 32.9%
  • Lootable PVP should be changed (loot comes from loot pool and not inventory)

Votes: 55 13.5%
  • Leave it just as it is

Votes: 169 41.5%
  • I dont care

Votes: 49 12.0%

• Total voters
Servers dont need to be back up its all clear from the reliese notes.
They need as you cant know for sure all space is lootable from those notes as it says that the parking areas will be safe and how do you know thats not where we end up once we get into space?

Last edited:
Seems that some dont understand.

I like the idea op PVP in space and I like the idea of looting other players (gives some instentive to kill them and not just lose ped doing so) but what I dont agree to is that the loot comes from the other players inventory robing that person (I say robbing because there is no other way for the player to do interstellar travel, its not like PVP3 on planet where you can choose to stay out. Now if you want to go to another planet you must take the unaceptable risk of losing a lot of ped).

This moddel would have been so much better if they made the loot come from the loot pool only and not affect the victom in any other way then a slight inconveniance of having to start over again instead of this current BS model where they get decay / lose time and also lose valuable items.

I have mixed feelings about pvp in space.im sure it will be loads of fun for the well to do that can afford to spend loads of peds exploring the new frontier blasting the shit out of everything that comes into there sights.
But what about everyone flying vtol (L) into space? they run the risk of loosing their VTOL (L) in one encounter thats 30,40,50$ even more, down the drain depending on when you bought it.
Id be more inclined to travel in space if i didnt run the risk of loosing my ship to some trigger happy cowboy out for a quick buck.
Either give us some non pvp areas to play in or remove the (L) from the vtols.
until then im afraid Space for me will be the Forbidden frontier

They need as you cant know for sure all pvp is lootable from those notes as it says that the parking areas will be safe and how do you know thats not where we end up once we get into space?

obiosly you will end up in a save spot when you go into space (thats a given otherwise there will be campers at the entry zone)

The problem comes in traveling to other planets (notes is quite clear that all space other then the docking station is lootable PVP) you now dont have a choise and have to accept the risk if you ever want to travel to another planet witch is robbery. You may have only one avatar and for them to say that if you want to ever see another planet you must risk being robbed is BS.

Seems that some dont understand.

I like the idea op PVP in space and I like the idea of looting other players (gives some instentive to kill them and not just lose ped doing so) but what I dont agree to is that the loot comes from the other players inventory robing that person (I say robbing because there is no other way for the player to do interstellar travel, its not like PVP3 on planet where you can choose to stay out. Now if you want to go to another planet you must take the unaceptable risk of losing a lot of ped).

This moddel would have been so much better if they made the loot come from the loot pool only and not affect the victom in any other way then a slight inconveniance of having to start over again instead of this current BS model where they get decay / lose time and also lose valuable items.

So you want normal players (spenders & fillers of the lootpool) to pay for the risc you're taking as a trader?
Sounds to me like pls use other ppls peds but not mine :scratch2:

Space Traveling
Each planet has a space station located just outside their stratosphere. You can dock a spaceship there or teleport yourself to a planet. Note that teleporting from a space station to a planet is a one-way transfer. You can also leave space by flying with a small spaceship towards a planet, currently only with either the Quad-Wing Interceptor or Sleipnir with a space thruster attached to it. The thruster is a small propulsive device used to facilitate speed travel. It is necessary when breaking through the stratosphere in both directions.

Looting Ships and Avatars
The whole space, except in the parking zones outside the space stations, is a lootable PvP area where you can battle your opponents.
So any reports coming in yet that to show we cant avoid lootable pvp?

I dont see anywhere that this planet TP is only for the closest planet the space station is orbiting...

So you want normal players (spenders & fillers of the lootpool) to pay for the risc you're taking as a trader?
Sounds to me like pls use other ppls peds but not mine :scratch2:

How will generating a loot pool for killing a player be any diffrant from generating a loot pool for mobs ??? you do afterall use ammo and pay decays so why is it diffrant from normal hunting?

There is already a lot of risk in trading now they just made it worce. Way to go

Voted "leave it as it is now"

...if u want be safe stay at home. It's at least thrilling , interesting and more REAL when u can be shooted and robbed :) . Pay for defence, hire mercenaries or whatever else wchich move economy if u have any bussines in space !!!

ic, so you mean 'pk lootpool'?
easy answer, couse nubs wouldn't defend themselfs & go wo armor generating 0 decay for that lootpool.. that's why the idea is wrong.
You are complaining that you can't travel save wich is BS.. just make sure you have no stackables on you (sell you're loot on the planet you looted it)
But if you're idea was to resell stackables from one planet to another then I have to dissapoint you.. those days are over :laugh:
In the end, it will mean that PP have to make sure their planet is balanced by generating enough usefull bp's so ppl can sell/click away their stuff b4 travelling. It's really not that hard to adapt!

I have mixed feelings about pvp in space.im sure it will be loads of fun for the well to do that can afford to spend loads of peds exploring the new frontier blasting the shit out of everything that comes into there sights.
But what about everyone flying vtol (L) into space? they run the risk of loosing their VTOL (L) in one encounter thats 30,40,50$ even more, down the drain depending on when you bought it.
Id be more inclined to travel in space if i didnt run the risk of loosing my ship to some trigger happy cowboy out for a quick buck.
Either give us some non pvp areas to play in or remove the (L) from the vtols.
until then im afraid Space for me will be the Forbidden frontier

We can pay interplanetary police to keep peace on trading paths in space....damn whole planet surface should be lootable, i bet governent with taxes , police and bounty hunters system will rise in few days ;)

ROFLMAO, nobody has ever been in space in current vu, and already a demand for change :D

P.S. Vote with wallet, not forum topic.

ic, so you mean 'pk lootpool'?
easy answer, couse nubs wouldn't defend themselfs & go wo armor generating 0 decay for that lootpool.. that's why the idea is wrong.
You are complaining that you can't travel save wich is BS.. just make sure you have no stackables on you (sell you're loot on the planet you looted it)
But if you're idea was to resell stackables from one planet to another then I have to dissapoint you.. those days are over :laugh:
In the end, it will mean that PP have to make sure their planet is balanced by generating enough usefull bp's so ppl can sell/click away their stuff b4 travelling. It's really not that hard to adapt!

Yet you still spend the ammo and generate decay when you shoot or does the mob magicaly decay some peds into the loot pool from some hidden armor or weapon when shooting it? Even mobs that you kill without ever doing any damage to you have loot so I still cant see any diff.

As for the trading part the entire idea of changing the auction is to stimulate interstellar trade yet they make the risk so huge most wont accept it.

I suspect there will be an industry, "Safe transport through Space for you and your goods"
It does suck that you cant even bid on interplanetary auction....

you people sure only read what you want lol

I was excited about interplanetary travel...and was waiting!

I don't mind having zones of lootable pvp....
Unlike Eve, EU involves real money... so i don't see it anything but robbery. But I don't like robbery... and also don't like to be robbed.

So, if there is no alternative to bypassing lootable pvp in space during interplanteray travel... I guess this will be the end of my EU deposit.

Currently, I'm in NI. I'm glad that I'm in NI at the moment... Basically it means i won't have murch urge to do anything here... essentially ensuring slow and gradual withdwal from EU....

Thanks MA :)

Last edited:
Sadly im in the same boat as infinity, I don't see why I should have to do something I hate for a game I love.

Ok so im shocked to see in the update list that space is entirely lootable PVP and that even my ship storage is now lootable witch makes me ask the question, Why?

Why do I have to risk losing my goods just to trade between plannets where I could have paid 40 ped in the past (death to most interplanetary traders) and be sure that all the stackables im trading between planets is save.

This will hinder interplanetery trade of stackables sins you must be a fool to travel between planets with any considerable amount of stackables for trading unless your one of the few that can afford a mothership. It just feels like its aimed at giving those with a biger pocket the market as usual.

Well I wont be using space for trading anymore thanks to this.

If anyone els feels the same boycot the space system like me and also send a support case to MA saying that you refuse to use the unfairly designed system due to the risks in interplanetary trading.

Why did they not just do it simple and make everyone killable and then generate loot from a loot pool instead of taking it out of the users inventory and potentialy making them loos all their peds and quit the game.

I can already see some socs setting up a barrier not allowing anyone in or out and ruening the game for so meny players. Hear me this will happen.

How about giving it a week or two before starting those threads ... IF MA sees its not working, they don't need a pointless poll like this to tell them about.... Remember tiering that got changed because people weren't risking losing a second item enough ...

Angel

Safe taxed trading routes in space!

I think like in real life, we need safe trading routes. Maybe these routes can be fought over and taxed, but at least you can go through and pay a travel tax. The alternative is to risk the free PvP routes. I think taxed safe routes are needed for those who dont want to risk PvP.

Thoughts?

I was excited about interplanetary travel...and was waiting!

I don't mind having zones of lootable pvp....
But I also don't like robbery... and don't like to be robbed. Unlike Eve, EU involves real money... so i don't see it anything but robbery.

So, if there is no alternative to bypassing lootable pvp in space during interplanteray travel... I guess this will be the end of my EU deposit.

Currently, I'm in NI. I'm glad that I'm in NI at the moment... Basically it means i won't have murch urge to do anything here... essentially ensuring slow and gradual withdwal from EU....

Thanks MA :)

Sadly im in the same boat as infinity, I don't see why I should have to do something I hate for a game I love.

But You havn't been in space yet so how you know traveling is unsafe ? Maybe hangars owners get fastest dhips in universe ?

even if not u can travel once to home planet and forgot about space or travel without stackables right ? Traveling with stackables is interpalnetary trading....noone force you to that

How about giving it a week or two before starting those threads ... IF MA sees its not working, they don't need a pointless poll like this to tell them about.... Remember tiering that got changed because people weren't risking losing a second item enough ...

Angel

Ummm.........

Threads like this give people the chance to offer their two pecs on the situation providing feedback so they can act appropriately?

Also to shoti, don't you understand how people like and dislike things and how everyone is different?

Eu is supposed to be sandbox, your supposed to be able to not do anything if you don't want to, the situation atm is forcing those that like space but not pvp become bait for those that like pvp.

It's not in the spirit of the game and how its existed for so long....

Ummm.........

Threads like this give people the chance to offer their two pecs on the situation providing feedback so they can act appropriately?

Exactly.

+rep (you need to spread around some more rep....)

Angel

Why wait for a year (how long dit tiering take before they realised it needs change).

So please if you feel as stronly about this as me then vote and send your support ticket off to MA. Im not asking you to take drastic steps like me cashing out my trading budget and completely boycoting space but let MA understand that your unhappy about this and wont use the system other then when you have no other choise and perhaps give MA some alternatives.

If this was some game with some madup currency I would not have a problem with this setup but risking my real cash for this fuck it ill rather play EVE.

yeah tax of 40 PED and call them trade port - TP for short

Ummm.........

Also to shoti, don't you understand how people like and dislike things and how everyone is different?

Eu is supposed to be sandbox, your supposed to be able to not do anything if you don't want to, the situation atm is forcing those that like space but not pvp become bait for those that like pvp.

It's not in the spirit of the game and how its existed for so long....

alright, but i dont see any diference here with likes and dislikes like it was with previously mentioned tiering. If someone don't want tiering just play is it was before. Same here with space (lotable pvp space...as it is one thing). I understand ppl may not like that idea, but it's here and others like it..so if i would not like it i can just not use that feature. And pls dont tell me there is no way to avoid lotable pvp space disadwantages for them, as we dont know how it works yeat ( and how it will be in future ) .Most of ppl complaining just read release notes before complain ( if not all of them )

One thing I defintely don't like is that I brought all stackables with me down to calypso (so I know where tehy are) after my last interplanetory tour, including my telemans coin and most of my time travel travel crystals.

So now If I want to go to Ancent Greece, I can't do that without risking my time travel crystals.

The least MA could have done was to give us a warning about space being lootable, so we could have left at least vital items where they were (as I think most of use were used to bring everything along).

The second thing of course would be to keep at least teleporters live during a transition period during which the vehicle market is built up and people learn how to use them; not just removing teleporters and throwing people into a black hole.

There is probably one or two who missed MAs clarification about TP removal, or is on vacation and don't have access to a computer that's able to run the client, and now find themselves stuck on a planet.

I've said before what I would feel not being able to travel.
Maybe I've said what I feel about lootable pvp: Nice that they exist for the hardcore pk:ers and for the risktakers, but noone should be forced to go into one.
As a "ghost armor" owner I didn't like the implementation of footguards, but at least there MA did a transition period between two VUs with clear announcements during which footguards at least for looted armors did drop (so I could plan ahead, and getting bear footguards until I was able to find a pair of genuine ghost FGs so I at least had something).

With my meek vtol mk2 sure I can outrun mk1s that come after me, but if a mk3 or bigger comes after I'm pretty much cannon fodder, in other words I don't expect me to be able to get me to the target planet without getting looted at least once and thus loot special items like the time travel crystals I'd need at the other planet.

If this was some game with some madup currency I would not have a problem with this setup but risking my real cash for this fuck it ill rather play EVE.

But what game features u lost with that update , what new features force you to lose money ? I don't see any...

The least MA could have done was to give us a warning about space being lootable, so we could have left at least vital items where they were (as I think most of use were used to bring everything along)

this should have they done, maybe they could implement a week of ceasefire for now.. and then go all PvP:cool:

One thing I defintely don't like is that I brought all stackables with me down to calypso (so I know where tehy are) after my last interplanetory tour, including my telemans coin and most of my time travel travel crystals.

So now If I want to go to Ancent Greece, I can't do that without risking my time travel crystals.

U can travel without stackables in space. That counts also for travel crystals. If u are moving it between planets you started making interplanetary trade and that is not for everyone.

Exactly.

+rep (you need to spread around some more rep....)

Why wait for a year (how long dit tiering take before they realised it needs change).

So please if you feel as stronly about this as me then vote and send your support ticket off to MA. Im not asking you to take drastic steps like me cashing out my trading budget and completely boycoting space but let MA understand that your unhappy about this and wont use the system other then when you have no other choise and perhaps give MA some alternatives.

how about breathing first mate?

You haven't even been in space and are already complaining, demanding change etc? How about testing it first to see how it really is ... NO I am not a fan of pvp4 and will not go to other planets (not that I did that before anyway) but what you do is bs tbh ... Test it first, THEN make an educated thread.

Angel

I think the answer is: Every planet must have its own customer base. Products from other planets will have an elevated taxes (for the risks).

I think too, every planet must development its own economy.

I am not necesarily agree with that, but i guess that is the explanation..

"All EU servers flew into space and have been looted by Marco using Modified Mega Kick leg (L, C)!
A record has been added to the Hall of Fame. All Time High!"

Syntax Error in 20110621 Line Code
System ShutDown
Autodestruction activated for 60 seconds
see you!
BOM!
Hi!
Updates implemented
Bugs added
System starting...
but
The system is currently offline!

From the crafting of what I can looted BP for Space thruster? :)

Last edited:
Back