Become a citizen of Planet Calypso!

I don't think there currently is the potential in the population to buy 60,000,000 PED worth of anything.. however after 5th, 12th or 19th December once the Potential for 3-4 ROI proves itself i dont see any problem with the current player base finding enough funds to purchase all of the deeds ...

either that or i can see some external investor like a virtual million-er like idk Anshe Chung from second like alike come and sweep half of OUR deeds...

I rather see the money go to participating citizens of Calypso rather than some 3rd party ;)

Ido

Well maybe Star is going to buy up 1/6th of the company ;) He's got over $1 mill USD in assets he can sell off and buy 10k deeds with :)

~Danimal

Well maybe Star is going to buy up 1/6th of the company ;) He's got over $1 mill USD in assets he can sell off and buy 10k deeds with :)

~Danimal

They are not worth 1 mil usd anymore I tell you that ;) and it will probably take him more time than it will take MA to sell the deeds at this current rate :D

They are not worth 1 mil usd anymore I tell you that ;) and it will probably take him more time than it will take MA to sell the deeds at this current rate :D

huh? :scratch2: I was talking about Star.. he's got over $1 million USD in assets a.k.a items. It's pretty easy to sell items and buy deeds after you sell them.

Sell a set of armor say 80k

Spend 80k deeds...

Sell a chip 40k

Spend 40k on deeds..

Repeat = 10k shares

Also MA can't make them cheaper because if they do they would need to add more deeds and that would further devalue the current deeds that people have purchased. $100 USD is nothing but chump change. Don't see why people make such a big deal over this being such a "large" sum of money. I guess my take on "large" and other people's take on "large" is "largely different". :)

~Danimal

~Danimal

huh? :scratch2: I was talking about Star.. he's got over $1 million USD in assets a.k.a items. It's pretty easy to sell items and buy deeds after you sell them.

I think maybe Alexander was guessing that Star's items may not have a current Entropia market value of over $1 million USD is all... unless of course he has over $1 million USD in TT value in items. :eyecrazy:

I know quite a few people getting some of the deeds, I don't feel there is a huge downside potential here. Best advice I would give is invest no more than you can afford to lose. It could turn out to be really good and if/when it does I hope those that invested get a great return. Of course we will get the ones who didn't get any that will whine about how it was unfair yada yada blah blah etc etc. If the return is even half as good as what they said it will be, that is
15 x better than what any bank is currently offering that I am aware of. But again like I said if you have extra ped laying around or mats that have been in storage for years it may be time to take a deed or two just to see where it goes. I do think a lot of people in game have been selling off storage stuff as is evident in the auction MU dropping as of late, though it did take a little bit of a bump today.

anyhow just my 2 cents~

Salty~

~Danimal

I really hope he does! and of course continues to play afterwards ;)

Big banks in the UK now no longer exist its just a thought

Today at TP's square saw people selling them for 1000 exactly. Failed resellers, I guess, who want to get rid of the deeds but don't want to pay auction fees.

Today at TP's square saw people selling them for 1000 exactly. Failed resellers, I guess, who want to get rid of the deeds but don't want to pay auction fees.

They won't succeed in that now. The auction has plenty to meet demand. They will have to start undercutting MA and hence the price is already falling... just like the Dreamland Stock Exchange Shares that Ashe sold.

edit: might be there best bet now to wait and sell after the first week of dividends in anticipation of a rush on demand. They might be able to get a bonus too... That said though, if the ROI is bad then maybe best to sell now at a small mark down... than to sell later with a large mark down, or not be able to sell at all even!

Wistrel

Last edited:

They won't succeed in that now. The auction has plenty to meet demand. They will have to start undercutting MA and hence the price is already falling... just like the Dreamland Stock Exchange Shares that Ashe sold.

Wistrel

It is nice to see resellers getting burned for their greed :laugh:.

I never understood the thought process that saw someone buy deeds only to instantly put them on auction. With 60,000 deeds in total that was 60 million peds that was going to have to change hands pretty quickly for values not to fall.

It is nice to see resellers getting burned for their greed :laugh:.

true true.
but may be we shouldnt hate reselers so much.
its trading game also so they must exist too.
and I guess all traders got burned last few weeks :laugh:

true true.
but may be we shouldnt hate reselers so much.
its trading game also so they must exist too.
and I guess all traders got burned last few weeks :laugh:
Trading and being a scumbag reseller is a big difference IMO!

I never understood the thought process that saw someone buy deeds only to instantly put them on auction. With 60,000 deeds in total that was 60 million peds that was going to have to change hands pretty quickly for values not to fall.
I'd say that is very easy to understand. The wanted to make some PEDs. And many did I'm sure.

The real though nut to crak is why some payed the extra markup for deeds when it was clear the a lot more where going to hit auction from MA at the 1000 PED price :confused:

Quite - I think it was a kind of hysteresis

I'd say that is very easy to understand. The wanted to make some PEDs. And many did I'm sure.

The real though nut to crak is why some payed the extra markup for deeds when it was clear the a lot more where going to hit auction from MA at the 1000 PED price :confused:

Quite - I think it was also a kind of hysteresis ;)

Buying deeds for 10 peds each at boxes. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, this as well.

you ever thought maybe some of those people got tempted by other items ect? :scratch2:

To assume those guys are all resellers is a bit much? :scratch2:

I myself have been tempted to sell some of my deeds for the items listed on forum and auction. The auction doesn't take deeds and often times the best deals happen there. :eyecrazy:

Whats so bad about reseller anyways? You don't think there are lots of people in twin peaks wishing that a reseller would take there items? :scratch2:

Im puzzled by all the hate....:eyecrazy:

gl anyways

you ever thought maybe some of those people got tempted by other items ect? :scratch2:

To assume those guys are all resellers is a bit much? :scratch2:

I myself have been tempted to sell some of my deeds for the items listed on forum and auction. The auction doesn't take deeds and often times the best deals happen there. :eyecrazy:

Whats so bad about reseller anyways? You don't think there are lots of people in twin peaks wishing that a reseller would take there items? :scratch2:

Im puzzled by all the hate....:eyecrazy:

gl anyways

Well it is jealousy. :ahh:

Entropia wouldn't exist anymore if there weren't resellers. Much of the hype of Entropia in it earliers days was due to the fact that prices for items were rising and rising. If you buyed some high end item back than it was almost given that you could sell it for a few hundred PEDs more in a few weeks. The gold rush of the early years made a lot of players addicted. And yes I mean addicted in a pathological way.

Without this growth in prices Entropia would have vanished a long time ago. So be happy that there are resellers.

If you think it's overpriced don't buy. :wise:

Entropia wouldn't exist anymore if there weren't resellers. Much of the hype of Entropia in it earliers days was due to the fact that prices for items were rising and rising. If you buyed some high end item back than it was almost given that you could sell it for a few hundred PEDs more in a few weeks. The gold rush of the early years made a lot of players addicted. And yes I mean addicted in a pathological way.

Without this growth in prices Entropia would have vanished a long time ago. So be happy that there are resellers.

Agreed

Resellers are a needed part of the economy. I am not saying all resellers are good, but they definitely have their place in PE

Rgds

Ace

I don't understand the fuzz about those few resold deeds. I mean just look at the massive ammount that gets sold at 1000 each the regular way. The few resales that happen now be it for a higher, lower or same price don't matter at all if you look at the bigger picture. :silly2:

Who knows... since Entropia lost a shitload of "daily grinders" that got fed up
by reselling prices, and left. I know a lot of people who left.
Those prices "scared" too many really great ordinary players away sadly...
(And no, they weren't players that were afraid of doing depos.
They were ready to pay for a entertainment, but not pathetic prices for a
"investment" that could be gone day after, due to PE (EU) were closed down... ;))

"investment" that could be gone day after, due to PE (EU) were closed down... ;))

Exactly.

If you once notice that a $100 deposit a week can´t bring you close to UBER class, because you simply can´t afford that $20k to buy a ModFAP and the need of another $10k for a nice UBER gun, and there is absolutely no way to loot it anywhere yourself, without having it already (Hydra), then its easy to just say f... you, thats nothing for me!

What a lot of people seem to forget is that resellers aren't only responsible for you having to buy at high markup prices , they are also helping you when you want to sell your looted stuff at a markup. So in the end it doesn't matter too much.

Buying deeds at 1k and trying to sell them at 10k as was done in the beginning however is just pure *BEEEP*.

Exactly.

If you once notice that a $100 deposit a week can´t bring you close to UBER class, because you simply can´t afford that $20k to buy a ModFAP and the need of another $10k for a nice UBER gun, and there is absolutely no way to loot it anywhere yourself, without having it already (Hydra), then its easy to just say f... you, thats nothing for me!

Totally agreed. I still would be depositing and playing if there was a reasonable method to get decent gear other than L stuff. If I need top notch gear to loot top notch gear there is something wrong. It is all about the loot.

There are plenty of honest ore dealers and traders out there, but there are also a lot of scum bag resellers. People who bought deeds up and instantly relisted at a profit, some people fell for it because they didn't know to switch to global auction, I would think it's the same scum bags who list 0qr tt blueprints on auction to scam newbies. Ie the old oa101 light bought by newbs who thought it was oa101. Etc

There is one thing about the coming houses/building-system... in the news they
mention this:

Land Lot Deed holders will be able to build house(s) on the plot(s) they have staked out.
(Minimum of 9 plots in a 3x3 format suitable for a structure).
This system development is scheduled to begin in 2013.

Does it mean the development of the system is 2013, and will arrive
around 2013-2015, or will the system be ready to be used in 2013?

Totally agreed. I still would be depositing and playing if there was a reasonable method to get decent gear other than L stuff. If I need top notch gear to loot top notch gear there is something wrong. It is all about the loot.

Rofl, I would already be happy if I would loot any decent L stuff or some med level uL gear.
But even this seems to be impossible for me to loot.

Back